As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Dailyshow/Colbert Report: "Where Roe V Wade is two ways to get across a river."

13468963

Posts

  • AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS
    edited January 2009
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »
    Exin wrote: »
    The Puppedential debate was pretty lame...
    I still laughed all the way through it.

    They way I see it, if anyone was still wondering if CNN is still a respectable news channel...
    They should have just played the footage from the actual thing. Jon's jokes were terrible and only made it worse. HAHA MCCAIN IS OLD WHAT A CLEVER PHOTOSHOP!

    Yeah, it was definitely a segment more suited to him just shrugging and giving a "WTF are they doing" look.

    Wha?

    I'm pretty sure that the Daily Show actually hired Anderson Cooper and did that entire bit themselves.

    EDIT:
    At least, that's entirely within the Daily Show's power these days.

    AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    That was the finest Better Know A District he's done in ages. Possibly my favourite since "Cocaine is a fun thing to do" and "Cocaine is a fun thing to do Part 2".

    Oh, absolutely. Colbert got to do at least four things that I never expected him to do. Pulling a gun mid-interview with a congressman was among the less crazy!

    EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The 1-888-OOPS-JEWEL bit I didn't see coming, especially involving the pre-guest. Quite amusing.

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • TorgoTorgo Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »
    Exin wrote: »
    The Puppedential debate was pretty lame...
    I still laughed all the way through it.

    They way I see it, if anyone was still wondering if CNN is still a respectable news channel...
    They should have just played the footage from the actual thing. Jon's jokes were terrible and only made it worse. HAHA MCCAIN IS OLD WHAT A CLEVER PHOTOSHOP!

    Yeah, it was definitely a segment more suited to him just shrugging and giving a "WTF are they doing" look.

    Wha?

    I'm pretty sure that the Daily Show actually hired Anderson Cooper and did that entire bit themselves.

    EDIT:
    At least, that's entirely within the Daily Show's power these days.
    Jon stated, "Yes, we got Anderson Cooper to do that" after playing the clip of him sniffing the dogs for allergies.

    Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jon's "You Know" parody had me laughing so hard.

    cheez on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "Mommy? Am I integrating this school?"

    Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    (Former) Gaming Unplugged columnist and video game reviewer at Snackbar Games
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "Only god could love Star Trek: Voyager."

    Well played, Colbert. Well played indeed.

    Edit: oh man, challenging Fox 13 to a leg wrestling match!

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    "Only god could love Star Trek: Voyager."

    Well played, Colbert. Well played indeed.

    wait, when did he say that?

    DanHibiki on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    "Only god could love Star Trek: Voyager."

    Well played, Colbert. Well played indeed.

    wait, when did he say that?

    During his mockery of the book Conversations with God, which apparently comments on the Prime Directive, given to Kirk, Picard and Janeway.

    His incredulity at Janeway being on that list led to said comment.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    What's funny is that all three of those captains routinely broke the prime directive.

    MKR on
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Did Kirk ever actualy have the prime directive?

    I was under the impression that the Prime Directive was made as a "don't do what Kirk did" guide to future captains.

    DanHibiki on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Did Kirk ever actualy have the prime directive?

    I was under the impression that the Prime Directive was made as a "don't do what Kirk did" guide to future captains.

    If he had it, he would have broken it. :P

    MKR on
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    "Mommy? Am I integrating this school?"

    Best line in a while.

    risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think they did have it, though exactly what the Prime Directive was all about wasn't really narrowed down until TNG, and even then they still didn't give a wording for it. I think Roddenberry knew what it was but didn't see the need until the less cowboy-ish days of TNG to define it; it was enough to know that Kirk was breaking the rules.

    Shadowen on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I loved the MoZ last night.

    Coulter: I'd listen to someone who had higher book sales than me.

    O'Reily: So you'd listen to me?

    Coulter: No.

    O'Reily: I have higher book sales than you.

    Coulter: No you don't.

    O'Reily: Yes I do.

    Coulter: No you don't.

    Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Does sum up those two asshats rather nicely.

    enlightenedbum on
    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, Dana Perino is too attractive to be a part of the Bush administration. She comes across as so nice that it's easy to forget that she's evil.

    Bruce Forsyth on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited January 2009
    She didn't come across nice to me, seemed very fake.

    DarkWarrior on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Exin wrote: »
    Man, Dana Perino is too attractive to be a part of the Bush administration. She comes across as so nice that it's easy to forget that she's evil.

    She's not evil, she's the press secretary. Did you think Dee Dee Myers was a saint?

    moniker on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    Exin wrote: »
    Man, Dana Perino is too attractive to be a part of the Bush administration. She comes across as so nice that it's easy to forget that she's evil.

    She's not evil, she's the press secretary. Did you think Dee Dee Myers was a saint?

    Being the press secretary basically means she's either paid to lie or know nothing. One of those is kinda evil.

    enlightenedbum on
    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aren't press secretaries pretty much just reverse transcription machines?

    MKR on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MKR wrote: »
    Aren't press secretaries pretty much just reverse transcription machines?

    Depends on the quality of the press corps. With the modern press corps, yeah, that's not too far off. With a real press corps, they have to be able to lie and evade and what not with skill.

    enlightenedbum on
    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dana Perino kinda reminds me of Sarah Palin, or more accurately vice versa (because I knew of Dana Perino first). Sure she's attractive. And?

    Shadowen on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Dana Perino kinda reminds me of Sarah Palin, or more accurately vice versa (because I knew of Dana Perino first). Sure she's attractive. And?

    She's the replacement of the replacement who replaced the replacement.

    moniker on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Dana Perino kinda reminds me of Sarah Palin, or more accurately vice versa (because I knew of Dana Perino first). Sure she's attractive. And?

    She's the replacement of the replacement who replaced the replacement.

    That's some Tropic Thunder shit right there.

    But you didn't go full retard, so it's cool.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "Talk a like an ethnic! *hand motions"

    :lol:

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • RecklessReckless Registered User
    edited January 2009
    The fact that the Pundit Training dude was probably for real is the reason why I generally avoid 24 HNN. Thank god for Brian Williams and the fact that I get BBC World.

    Reckless on
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Omeks wrote: »
    I loved the MoZ last night.

    Coulter: I'd listen to someone who had higher book sales than me.

    O'Reily: So you'd listen to me?

    Coulter: No.

    O'Reily: I have higher book sales than you.

    Coulter: No you don't.

    O'Reily: Yes I do.

    Coulter: No you don't.
    So she'd listen to Obama or Bill Clinton right?

    PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    PantsB wrote: »
    Omeks wrote: »
    I loved the MoZ last night.

    Coulter: I'd listen to someone who had higher book sales than me.

    O'Reily: So you'd listen to me?

    Coulter: No.

    O'Reily: I have higher book sales than you.

    Coulter: No you don't.

    O'Reily: Yes I do.

    Coulter: No you don't.
    So she'd listen to Obama or Bill Clinton right?

    Or Dan Brown.

    KalTorak on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited January 2009
    I have friends that call me Mr Chips.

    I'm probably not going to hear the end of this.

    Aroduc on
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Dana Perino kinda reminds me of Sarah Palin, or more accurately vice versa (because I knew of Dana Perino first). Sure she's attractive. And?

    She's the replacement of the replacement who replaced the replacement.

    That's some Tropic Thunder shit right there.

    But you didn't go full retard, so it's cool.

    Huh? There have been 4 full-time spokespersons for bush, which would make his statement correct.

    Ari Fleischer > Scott McClellan > Tony Snow > Dana Perino

    NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Dana Perino kinda reminds me of Sarah Palin, or more accurately vice versa (because I knew of Dana Perino first). Sure she's attractive. And?

    She's the replacement of the replacement who replaced the replacement.

    That's some Tropic Thunder shit right there.

    But you didn't go full retard, so it's cool.

    Huh? There have been 4 full-time spokespersons for bush, which would make his statement correct.

    Ari Fleischer > Scott McClellan > Tony Snow > Dana Perino
    I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!

    Man they need to have Robert Downey Jr. on the one of these shows. Daniel Craig was pretty good though, I was surprised how reserved some of these actors are.

    VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh god Bush's press conference

    so painful but so funny

    nexuscrawler on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, the Bush clips were hillarious, and I really enjoyed the Daniel Craig interview. It felt very honest and down to earth, especially admitting that he was nervous being on the show. Not many interviewee's say they watch The Daily Show either, and he made a point about commenting on it.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh god Bush's press conference

    so painful but so funny

    I dunno... kind of a disappointment. ;)

    Man, that was a glorious rant.

    Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    (Former) Gaming Unplugged columnist and video game reviewer at Snackbar Games
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    Not many interviewee's say they watch The Daily Show either, and he made a point about commenting on it.

    Speaking of which, Craig mentioned he knew Riggle from other programs. I thought he said CCTV or something. Did anyone catch what he said?

    (Riggle has grown on me since his run with TDS.)

    NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh god Bush's press conference

    so painful but so funny

    Hey stretch

    TL DR on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Comedy Central going HD. Looks like TDS/TCR will be upconverted initially, but will become HD eventually. For those who care.

    Jragghen on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Dana Perino kinda reminds me of Sarah Palin, or more accurately vice versa (because I knew of Dana Perino first). Sure she's attractive. And?

    She's the replacement of the replacement who replaced the replacement.

    That's some Python shit right there.


    Fixed.

    Sheep on
This discussion has been closed.