We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.

[CYLON] BSG BG - Game over

2456726

Posts

  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I won't be much help on this one.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can drop some cardage on this.

    Edit: Oh, man, I totally forgot about the whole "you start the game with Cylons on the board" thing. :(

    I'll be dealing with them as soon as I can get myself in a Viper.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can do so as well.

    (If I'm able to even participate in this one, seeing as I'm gone. :P)

    You can participate in skill checks. It's the only thing you can do before your second turn.

    Darian on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, Tyrol is out, Adama and I are in for the skill check. Is anyone else able to contribute?

    Hylianbunny on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can't help with it...I can help repair if we take damage though.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Starbuck?

    My contribution is sent.

    Hylianbunny on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I threw one in.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Darian...Do i need to pass or something with a PM if I don't want to put any cards in?

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You can state it in thread OR pm me. Everyone will be told how many cards each person put in, so that information is not secret.

    And I still need to hear from Adama and from Baltar as to whether they are putting anything in for this check.

    Darian on
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think I can put a little in. Don't know how well it'll work, though.

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, you've got some time to decide. I'm heading out for board games, and will be back late.

    Darian on
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    Okay. All cards sent; PM me if there are any problems.

    Helo's turn
    1. Receives skills
    2. No movement - off board
    3. No action - off board
    4. Crisis step.

    Uh oh, someone has been messing with your Cylon detector!

    Detector Sabotage
    8 Leadership, Tactics
    Pass: No effect
    Fail: All characters in the "Research Lab" location are sent to Sickbay. Keep this card in play. Players may not look at other players' Loyalty Cards.
    (Activate heavy raider)
    (Advance jump prep)

    Discuss what you want to do, then pm me any cards you want to use for the skill check.

    Cards received as follows for the skill check:
    Helo: 2
    Baltar: 1
    Starbuck: 1
    Chief: 0
    Adama: 1

    And here's what you ended up with (I'm going to put these in alphabetical order each time):
    2 Leadership - Executive Order
    2 Leadership - Executive Order
    2 Leadership - Executive Order
    3 Leadership - Declare Emergency
    1 Tactics - Launch Scout
    1 Tactics - Launch Scout
    4 Tactics - Strategic Planning

    Total skill check is 15; pass so easily

    The sabotage was discovered and fixed before it could cause any problems. No effect.


    Helo's turn:
    5. Activate Cylon Ships: heavy raiders NO EFFECT
    6. Advance Jump prep one slot. DONE


    Baltar's turn; sending skills draw now.

    Darian on
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll discard one of my skill cards and move to Colonial One - President's Office, and activate the location to draw a Quorum.

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    All hail to President Baltar! Get anything good?

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hand updated via PM. Baltar chose to draw another Quorum card rather than play one now. Quorum hand is at 3 cards.

    4. Crisis step. Oh, Frak, there's more of them!

    Heavy Assault
    Setup: Base stars in front and 11 o'clock.
    One viper at 7
    Civilian ships at 7, 5, and 3.
    Instructions:
    1. Activate raiders.
    2. Setup: 2 basestars, 1 viper, and 3 civ ships.
    3. Special rule - Heavy Bombardment: Each basestar immediately attacks Galactica

    Darian on
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The good news is there are only two basestars available, so you just get one more. Baltar, as the active player you get to choose: Do you want the new basestar to appear in front of Galactica or at at 11 o'clock?

    Raiders on the board activate; with no targets in their location, all three will move clockwise around Galactica one step to 11 o'clock, moving toward the civilian ships behind Galactica.

    Next, I'll add a viper at 7, then three more civilian ships at 7, 5, and 3.

    Finally, the two basestars will fire on Galactica.
    (1d8) = 8 DAMAGED
    (1d8) = 2 MISS

    Darian on
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Awww frak. I mean, fleet battles are awesome, but...

    Guess I'm gonna go for... 11? Anyone got a better idea?

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    By the way, Quorum hand is now at three cards, and the Admiral has both nukes left. I think I forgot to mention those before.

    Darian on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't think it much matters where the Basestar goes. What's more important is where the Galactica got damaged.

    Also, could we get an updated image of the board once everything is placed? I'll be heading out on Viper duty and I'd like to get an idea of where to go.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yup, I'll be updating it as soon as I know where that Basestar is.

    It does matter a little: basestars can sometimes launch raiders or heavy raiders, so their location would determine where any new ships show up.

    Darian on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, yeah, I just meant that we're in the deep no matter what.

    11 o'clock sounds good to me, Ianator.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    While we wait for Baltar's final decision, I'll go ahead and let you know that the basestar hit the Armory and I'm going to PM the new skill draws to Starbuck so she can be thinking about what she wants to do.

    At least, I will PM her cards once I know which she wants for her fifth draw.

    Edit: Starbuck receives skill cards, choosing leadership.

    Darian on
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, if Baltar decides on 11 o'clock, here's the new board.

    bsg-game-board-g01-b02.png

    Darian on
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sorry for the delayed response; I'm trying to move my sleep schedule off of "Graveyard" mode.

    Anyways, 11 o'clock it is. I've got enough Quorum cards now.

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can't see the board image...

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Should be working now, and in the OP. And I should be sleeping, so I'll check in in the morning.

    edit: If you cannot see it, just imagine a couple of basestars and a group of raiders bearing down on MANY helpless civilian ships while Galactica burns and the popping of ammunition exploding is heard from the armory.

    Oh, and there's a few vipers already scrambled. But they're on the other side of Galactica from all the raiders.

    Darian on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    Should be working now, and in the OP. And I should be sleeping, so I'll check in in the morning.

    edit: If you cannot see it, just imagine a couple of basestars and a group of raiders bearing down on MANY helpless civilian ships while Galactica burns and the popping of ammunition exploding is heard from the armory.

    Oh, and there's a few vipers already scrambled. But they're on the other side of Galactica from all the raiders.

    Yeah, and imagine Adama looking on in the CIC with that furious scowl as he stands by helplessly.
    And Gaeta cowering behind the FTL box.

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, we're waiting for Baltar's action, right?

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I already took mine. Unless we're waiting for something else to resolve?

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sorry, to summarize Baltar's turn:

    1. Received cards (normal set)
    2. Moved to Colonial 1 - President's office
    3. Drew a quorum card, then drew a second
    4. Frakkin' toasters show up
    5. Toasters move and fire on the Galactica, damaging the Armory
    6. Jump prep? Not in the middle of a firefight.

    Starbuck is up.
    1. Received cards; chose leadership for the optional card.
    2. Where will she go?

    Darian on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Doh...Sorry, didn't notice he had taken his Quorum cards.

    I want to get in a viper, launch to the aft launch location (where Viper A is currently), then move to the right (toward the aft of the ship). Gotta head off the Raiders before they pick off our sweet, sweet civvies. Unless someone has a better idea.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is that your final answer? :)

    Starbuck piloting a viper, launching into position 5 then moving to 3. I'll get the board ready and draw you a crisis card.

    Edit: And here's a board for you to look at while you confirm that it is indeed your final action.
    bsg-game-board-g01-b03.png

    Darian on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yep, that'll do.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, then, it's time for a little trouble.

    Informing the Public
    7 Politics, Leadership
    Current player chooses
    Pass: Current player looks at 1 random Loyalty Card belonging to any player.
    Fail: -2 morale
    OR
    Roll a die. On a 4 or lower, -1 morale and -1 population.
    (activate raiders)
    (jump prep)


    Feel free to discuss, then make your choice. Will you attempt the skill check, or risk the die roll instead?

    Darian on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Its a D6 yes?

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nope, all dice rolls are on a D8. Did you print out the player aid I linked in the OP?

    Darian on
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmm... just noticed something. Baltar, you forgot to draw another skill card for your Delusional Intuition. I will let you draw it after the current crisis is resolved, this once. In the future, you'll need to make sure you draw that before the next crisis shows, though. Post in the thread what you want to draw.

    Darian on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I missed the player aid amidst the bolded text for the rules and FAQ right above it. Got it open now. Will attempt not to ask stupid questions anymore.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Whats everyone's card strengths looking like? I have 1 weak politics card. The bonus for beating this crisis with cards is really nice...

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I didn't add the player aid until yesterday, so I suspect you didn't miss it. :D

    Darian on
Sign In or Register to comment.