We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.

[CYLON] BSG BG - Game over

145791026

Posts

  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Okay I added a pretty decent bit of stuff to the mix.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Waiting to hear from Adama and Baltar; Starbuck has no cards in hand, while Chief and Helo are each contributing.

    Darian on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hand sizes at the moment?

    Hylianbunny on
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't think I can give enough to matter. Not that I ever can...

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Anything counts. A lot of people give a little just to keep the Galactica running.

    Hylianbunny on
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    In that case, may I get a hand update please?

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can throw in two.

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hand sizes (before contributions):

    Helo: 3
    Baltar: 9
    Starbuck: 0
    Tyrol: 6
    Adama: 3

    And since we're waiting on Baltar, the people before you are contributing as follows:
    Adama: 2 cards
    Helo: 1 card

    Chief has indicated he can help; Starbuck has an empty hand. What's your decision?

    Darian on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I tapped out getting rid of that tracking device. No Basestar, but I can't help down in Sing Sing.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    2 cards for me.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I was referring to my hand. I can't remember what I have and what I used.

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh... I'll send that again, then. Sorry about that.

    Darian on
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sweet. Contribution made.

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    Tyrol's turn:
    1. Draw cards as normal
    2. Move to hangar
    3. Repair (play 2 Engineering) 1 damaged viper; bonus action: Consolidate power (2 Politics) to draw Leadership and Engineering
    4. Crisis!

    Prison Labor
    10 Politics, Tactics, Leadership
    Pass No effect
    Fail -1 Morale, -1 Food
    (activate raiders)

    Crisis check:
    Cards added
    Helo 1
    Baltar 1
    Starbuck 0
    Tyrol 2
    Adama 2

    Positive cards:
    1 Leadership - Executive Order
    2 Leadership - Executive Order
    3 Leadership - Declare Emergency
    3 Leadership - Declare Emergency
    5 Leadership - Declare Emergency
    1 Politics - Consolidate Power
    3 Politics - Investigative Committee
    2 Tactics - Launch Scout

    Negative cards:
    nada

    Total is 20; pass so easily for No Effect


    5. No ships to activate
    6. No jump prep

    Darian on
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Board going into Adama's turn. Would you all rather me spoiler these or leave them exposed?
    Status: Fuel - 9; Food - 7; Morale - 8; Population - 9
    Damaged: None
    bsg-game-board-g01-b07.png
    bsg-game-jump-track-3.jpg
    Military Resources:
    Raptors - 4
    Vipers - 8 in hanger, 0 damaged, 0 destroyed
    Admiral has 2 nukes
    Distance traveled: 1

    Where are you?
    Helo FTL Control
    Baltar Research Lab
    Starbuck Hangar
    Chief Hangar
    Adama Weapons Control

    Adama's turn
    1. Sending regular skill card draw.
    2. Your move, admiral.


    edit: Current hands sent to everyone.

    Darian on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just to add my $0.02 as an observer and a participant of the first game, but I don't think you're supposed to list how many cards each player added; sure, you could tell in-person whether someone adds any cards or not, but the exact number is supposed to be obscurable, lest you more readily deduct who is a cylon.

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    In person, though, you get to look people in the eyes, check for nervousness, etc, which you cannot do in an online format. You can also pay attention to which people are trying to obfuscate the number of cards they submit.

    I'm allowing everyone to ask each others' hand sizes, and effectively if you bothered to pay attention to that, you'll know exactly how many cards each person is putting in to the checks, anyway. I did notice that Akinos did it the other way last time, but I'm going to stick with public numbers of cards submittedfor this game, at least. (Another observer has actually chimed in earlier with the opposite reaction, in favor of letting them know the number of cards submitted.)

    Edit: See the discussion on BGG.

    Darian on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well fiiiine, be that way. :P
    Adama is a Cylon.

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If I'm a Cylon, you're all really screwed.
    WHICH I AM NOT

    Agathon, get your duty-derelicting rear in a Raptor before I throw you in the brig and have XO Tigh demote you.
    Launch Scout, looking at the crisis deck.
    Moving to Communications.

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can confirm, Adama's clean. If he wasn't, he would have been out an airlock by now.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Adama's turn:
    1. Draw normal
    2. Move to Communications
    3. Adama plays 2 Tactics - Launch Scout. I'm going to assume no one is boosting the die roll, since it only fails on a 1 or 2, and no one has given me contingencies.
    (1d8): 3 Success!
    PMing the top Crisis card to Adama. Do we face this or avoid it, sir?

    Darian on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kara, you're alright. Cigars in the admiral's quarters at twenty-one hundred.

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Adama's turn:
    1. Draw normal
    2. Move to Communications
    3. Adama plays 2 Tactics - Launch Scout. I'm going to assume no one is boosting the die roll, since it only fails on a 1 or 2, and no one has given me contingencies.
    (1d8): 3 Success!
    Not liking the report, Adama throws it aside. (Top crisis card moved to the bottom of the deck.)
    4. Crisis!

    Rescue Mission
    Admiral Chooses
    -1 morale and the current player is sent to "Sickbay"
    OR
    -1 fuel and destroy 1 raptor
    (activate basestars)
    (jump prep)

    Admiral Adama, do you wish to rescue... yourself?

    Edit: I'm trying to picture exactly what happened here. Probably Admiral Adama was shuttling back and forth between the Galactica and Colonial 1, when there was an accident. We could let his raptor limp back to the Galactica, but he'd be injured and the people would be very unimpressed with his military leadership. Alternatively, he could send out another raptor to rescue him in time to avoid the injury, but that means the certain loss of that raptor (and the fuel it is carrying).

    Darian on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That's the last time I make a booty call to Roslin on an unsecured channel.

    I'd really rather not lose the raptor, but I'd really rather not take the hit to morale. My instinct is to take the hit to morale.

    Anyone want to chime in with thoughts?

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We lose something regardless - if we can avoid it being a Raptor, that's not a bad idea.

    On the other hand, we've been fairly fortunate with them so far and can probably spare one, and do have more fuel.

    Coin flip, really.

    Hylianbunny on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am leaning towards moral also. Raptors seem important.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I gotta say, I'm for leaving the Raptor. We've been taking way too many Morale hits lately.

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Baltar, you're crazy. But you're smart. Crazy-smart. I like that in a man.

    I'm going to go with losing the Raptor and the fuel. Hopefully there's another tylium planet coming up.

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wait...the Raptor gives us greater flexibility. We need that to make good choices later. We can take the morale hit, because we can get that back later.

    I think we should take the Morale loss.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Post your final decision in cyan so I can be certain you mean it.

    Darian on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Alright. Well. Hm.

    Forget it. I love my birds too much. Take me, not the Raptor!

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Frak.

    Hylianbunny on
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Adama's turn:
    1. Draw normal
    2. Move to Communications
    3. Adama plays 2 Tactics - Launch Scout. I'm going to assume no one is boosting the die roll, since it only fails on a 1 or 2, and no one has given me contingencies.
    (1d8): 3 Success!
    Not liking the report, Adama throws it aside. (Top crisis card moved to the bottom of the deck.)
    4. Crisis!
    Rescue Mission
    Admiral Chooses
    -1 morale and the current player is sent to "Sickbay"
    OR
    -1 fuel and destroy 1 raptor
    (activate basestars)
    (jump prep)

    Admiral Adama sacrifices himself to preserve the raptors. Adama to sickbay and -1 morale.

    5. No ships to activate.
    6. Jump prep advances. Ready to jump, albeit at high risk.

    PMing draw to Helo next.

    Darian on
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Board going into Helo's turn.
    Status: Fuel - 9; Food - 7; Morale - 7; Population - 9
    Damaged: None
    bsg-game-board-g01-b07.png
    bsg-game-jump-track-4.jpg
    Military Resources:
    Raptors - 4
    Vipers - 8 in hanger, 0 damaged, 0 destroyed
    Admiral has 2 nukes
    Distance traveled: 1

    Where are you?
    Helo FTL Control
    Baltar Research Lab
    Starbuck Hangar
    Chief Hangar
    Adama Sickbay

    Helo's turn
    1. Sent regular skill card draw.
    2. Your move, Lieutenant.

    Darian on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We're in pretty good shape at the moment, so for now, I'll move to the Research Lab and draw a Tactics skill card.

    Hylianbunny on
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Helo's turn:
    1. Draws as normal
    2. Move to Research Lab
    3. Draw a tactics
    4. Crisis!

    Ambush
    1. Activate: basestars (NOTHING HAPPENS)
    2. Setup: 1 basestar 3 o'clock
    4 raiders 3 o'clock
    4 raiders 9 o'clock

    2 vipers, 1 civilian 5 o'clock
    1 civilian 7 o'clock
    1 civilian 1 o'clock

    Special rule: Training new pilots: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Each unmanned viper suffers a -2 penalty to its attack rolls.

    Things got bad up in here!

    PMing draw to Baltar for his turn.

    Darian on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We're in pretty good shape at the moment...

    D'oh!

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Naturally.

    :lol:

    Hylianbunny on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, I picked a great time to take a sick day. :(

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Frak! The newbies are just getting their feet wet.

    Who's out there now? Let's see...Gumdrop is crosseyed, and Carebear is always covered in bees. They won't be much help.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
Sign In or Register to comment.