As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
Houston, we have liftoff.

A new alliance PVE guild has been created on US server <Draenor>. Unfortunately, free transfers were not available. Many people are starting from scratch.

Guild is FORMED!!!

Realm: Draenor [High-Pop PVE]
Guild name: Clawshrimp and Co

Contact any of the following for a guild invite:
Llyth
Blusella
Eativ
Madvillian
Bluesquishee (or Redsquishee) (*pours out a drink in the memory of the squishees, wherever they may be*)
Jaidan
Zilcon

If none of those are online /join PA and we'll get you as soon as possible.

Vent Info:
Currently using PA's vent:
V53.DARKSTARLLC.COM, 11065

For those searching for an EU PA guild look over there ---http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=79515

The following have already rolled characters fresh [this is an extremely incomplete & out of date list -- but I figured I'd leave it for posterity's sake]:
Dhalphir - Dhalphira - Warlock - Human
moleface - Arborlax - Hunter - (skin/LW)
Linden - Sareva - Warlock - Human (tailoring/enchant)
Oboro - Harpsichord - Priest - Human
planetes42 - Eativ - Warrior - Draenai (herb/alch)
Saint Justice - Jaidan - Paladin - Human
skorch - Zilcon - Shaman -
JonnyBot - Karolly - Mage - Draenei (mining/engineering) [Allystra - Hunter - NE]
slurpeepoop - Redsquishee/Bluesquishee - Warlocks (dual box)
Kevin Crist - Artiska - Warrior -Human .
langfor6 - Ingerla - Hunter -dwarf
Nitsua - Aolywaen - Paladin - Draenei
Red Dawn - Llyth - Warrior - Human
Mars - Balstadme - Warrior - Dwarf

The following have transferred over characters:
DisrupterX2 - Pyrrhus - DK - Human; hunter [62]

This was brought up in [Chat], so I thought I'd get the ball rolling with a new thread:

Is there enough interest to start an Alliance PVE PA Guild? If you would be interested in such a thing, post here [include what class/spec you would bring, if possible].

What would be the focus of said guild? Personally, I would like to do at least 10 man, if not 25 man end-game content. Include expectations when you post.

What server should we roll on? Obviously, the PA following is legion, but we are spread out among the masses. As such, moving to one of the "Free Transfer" servers would most likely make the most sense. Other suggestions regarding this are welcome. It would be helpful to include your timezone so we can pick an appropriate server.

Of utmost importance: What should the name of such guild be? Who will organize said guild [I am not volunteering by starting this thread -- I just think this is a great idea and wanted to get the ball rolling].

I'm sure I'm missing several other points, but thought it would be worth putting this up. If this is an inappropriate thread [it may fall under the "I play on Server X" rule, which is forbidden], I apologize.

planetes42 on

• RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well I'll be the first to express interest. Right now I have some characters on Bloodhoof. 70 Shaman 70 Warrior and 69 Death Knight. I really don't want to move because of RL friends, but I may be able to sway them to more, or just move one of them.

As far as a guild name, how about something to do with The Merch?

RedDawn on
  • YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm assuming this is US, but i'll just say i would be very interested in a PA guild on the european realms.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I could be interested in something like this, but only if the transfer is free. 10 man progression is fun and I don't mind the occasional 25 man either. As long as it's casual and not hardcore raiding. I have a shaman, priest and warrior so I could bring any role that is needed

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just came back to the game after a substantial hiatus - I would be game to roll on whatever server you guys end up with, if only for the company. I've still got one good friend who plays on my server (even if he's apparently become some hotshot raider or something!) so I doubt I'd be transferring. Anyway, I'll keep my eye on this and will certainly check it out should it make it past gestation.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nice to see some responses.

To me, critical mass would be 15 people that would "commit" to such a guild. That means we could start the guild completely on our own and, more than likely, there would always be someone logged in to do something with.

So -- spread the word and let's get this thing going!

planetes42 on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Spread the word you say?
    "/2 lfm too sign gild chartr!!!1! wil pay goldz!"

:lol:

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I would probably make an alt in the guild or something. I'm not a very serious raider anymore.

Anyhow, what about one of the new servers that just opened up? Some of my favorite WoW memories are from playing on fresh servers.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah -- fresh server is what we're thinking. Either transfer current characters over or start new ones.

and firewaterword, that's EXACTLY what we're avoiding here! :)

planetes42 on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'd be rerollin from scratch, and I'm a tank for my own endgame raiding guild already, so I probably wouldn't be able to commit to raids except on my own raiders offnights...Friday, Saturday nights...plus I'm in an oceanic timezone so it might not work with you fellas.

I'd love to make an alt to experience the alliance though, I've never played Alliance.

Dhalphir on
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm tempted to sign up for this(and finally work on getting a high level Dwarf), but I play really sporadically. I'll play a whole lot for a couple months, then stop for a couple months. So, I definitely couldn't be counted on for raids, if that ended up being the focus.

And I'm not currently subscribed, and would want to wait until I've got less RL stuff to deal with, after the holidays.

Mars on
  • langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No matter how hard I try to get away from the Alliance I never seem to be able to.

I'm potentially interested, but before I commit I'm curious as to the time zone the server will be in.

I'm down for raiding, but I'm pretty casual. I can probably only do one weekday raid and one weekend raid. Wife, son, full time school in January.

Actually, I don't care for my server right now and my only friend left there only does Arena, so count me in.

If my server doesn't offer free transfers I'm going to reroll though.

langfor6 on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Debate & Discourse has an Alliance guild on Icecrown, a PvE server with high-but-not-too-high population. There's also some non-PA friends of the guildmaster to fill it out, but if more people wanted to commit to the server we could fuse that population with the people here and make a solely PA guild with enough members to do whatever content, easy.

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    Maybe I'll just roll on Icecrown then, although I wish there were a horde PVE guild out there.

Looks like Oceanic realms are the only ones with free transfers right now. Too bad.

langfor6 on
    edited December 2008
    Can we transfer to icecrown?

RedDawn on
    edited December 2008
    Nope, all the Oceanic transfers are only to a new Oceanic server.

langfor6 on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'd be tempted to roll something over there, but I'm pretty committed on dark iron as it is. Might put an alt in there or something, though (especially if it was a horde guild <.<)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited December 2008
    I should mention that the population of Debate & Discourse that plays World of Warcraft is like seven

if you count me

so don't consider it a huge compelling interest in favor of Icecrown :P

Oboro on
    words
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just picked this back up and have my old 58 priest I could transfer over

Ohtsam on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm obviously down for this as I was the one inquiring about a PA PvE guild in the 1st place. I'd probably go Human Paladin either Ret or Prot spec.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've made new characters for PA guilds twice. Both times, nothing much has come of it.

I'd likely be willing to transfer an existing character to such a guild, however.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Are we going to do Icecrown, then? Doesn't matter too much to me since I'm starting fresh. Is that a US or Euro server, though? I'm Central Standard here in the U S of A

Saint Justice on
    edited December 2008
    If we want to move our peeps to a new server it will have to be Dawnbringer. New server most likely low population. Or barrel in a fish if you're optimistic. I'm still in if anyone else is, I'll start the guild on Sunday if we have enough interest.

Edit: grammar FTW!

RedDawn on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    IMO, transfer to new server, and deck out everyone in easy scarab lord titles.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited December 2008
    RedDawn wrote: »
    If we want to move our peeps to a new server it will have to be Dawnbringer. New server most likely low population. Or barrel in a fish if your optimistic. I'm still in if anyone else is, I'll start the guild on Sunday if we have enough interest.

Dawnbringer is a US-based, low pop, Normal server so that fits the bill quite nicely. I'd definitely be down for that. Everyone else cool with that? and how about Guild name suggestions?

Saint Justice on
    edited December 2008
    Merch Inc.

RedDawn on
    edited December 2008
    Guild name suggestions:

Fleshreapers
    Fleshreapers, Co.
    Fleshreapers Inc.
    Clawshrimp
    Kansas City Hotsteppers
    Level Infinity

I was thinking having a tabard that works with the name would be fun too, like the one that looks like a Lobster/Clawshrimp, Infinity Symbol, the pair of boots for Hotsteppers, etc.

Saint Justice on
    edited December 2008
    Well I just tried to transfer one of my guys and cannot seem to figure it out. I am a little on the drunken side of life for sure, however from what I can comprehend I'm not sure free realm transfers are still an available option for me anyway. If anyone else has a suggestion I am all ears. We have to make sure we can all make it to whatever server we chose.

RedDawn on
    edited December 2008
    IMO, transfer to new server, and deck out everyone in easy scarab lord titles.
    This would be the single greatest thing ever done under the Penny-Arcade name. Coordinated guild runs for multiple Scarab Lords and multiple Scarab mounts? <3

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    I'm an open book, any server works for me. Let's keep communicating so we can figure this out, ASAP. Be sure to help decide on a guild name as well!

Saint Justice on
    edited December 2008
    I'd have to imagine that it would already be open on a new server. If not and we opened it... Epic.

Edit: Guild Name
    Clawshrimp & Co.

RedDawn on
    edited December 2008
    Unless I missed something, like I said earlier the only free realm transfers currently available are on Oceanic realms. I'm downloading the client right now so I can't check, but someone should make sure that new character creation isn't locked on Dawnbringer right now (assuming that's the server the new guild is going to settle on).

langfor6 on
    edited December 2008
    I'd have to imagine that it would already be open on a new server. If not and we opened it... Epic.

Edit: Guild Name
    Clawshrimp & Co.

Like Bubba-Gump Shrimp Co.? I love it.

Saint Justice on
    edited December 2008
    Char creation on dawnbringer is blocked unless you already have a character on that sever.

I was going for.... you know what yeah thats what I was going for I vote for that ;-).

RedDawn on
    edited December 2008
    Char creation on dawnbringer is blocked unless you already have a character on that sever.

I was going for.... you know what yeah thats what I was going for I vote for that ;-).

So, do you want to start up the guild on your server then? (Dawnbringer) Cause I'd definitely be down to join.

Saint Justice on
    edited December 2008
    Can't on that server we need to find a different server.

RedDawn on
    edited December 2008
    I've got a friend on Draenor that would most likely play an alt with us. Or we could go with a RP server to cut down on the number of asshats. I'm open to suggestions.

Saint Justice on
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'd be down to joining in on a guild for PA and all. Never really played an Alliance character past 20 so it would be fun to roll a new toon. I'll be looking back to this post and see what comes of this.

Nitsua on
    edited December 2008
    Draenor looks like it is open for business aka transfer and creation.

RedDawn on
    edited December 2008
    Farstriders might be a good choice for Clawshrimp & Co.'s realm. It's a normal-RP server w/ low population. Sound good?

Saint Justice on
    edited December 2008
    Draenor looks like it is open for business aka transfer and creation.

Draenor would be awesome, then! I'd love to have our guild on that server with my old buddy there. I'm sure he'll join us, too! Oh, joy of joys!

Saint Justice on
This discussion has been closed.