Options

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• Options
    planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    there is definitely critical mass above 30/40 now. we are also able to do 5 man northrend instances now as a guild. things are going awesome!

planetes42 on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yeah, seems we got a nice range of 20's now too. I might start a warrior soon, id like to get a 30's group together to run Sm armory , library and cathedral one of these nights.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I will be ready to start playing my Druid again this week. I think she is low 20s.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    oh goody, more warriors! we don't have enough of those :)

planetes42 on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tee hee. I made another rogue.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    started in a 700+ queue, but after 10 minutes I'm down to the mid-500's, hopefully I'm in soon. :)

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yea the queue as of late can be rather grating, but things should start settling down in the next 2 weeks. I hope anyways.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I would imagine so, once school starts back up, that should keep a lot of people a tad bit busier.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm almost tempted to transfer, but I'm holding out hope my current guild actually starts recruiting soon so we have more than 9 active members :|

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Why wait, we have more than 9 active members. ;-)

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Or start a new character with us in the meantime!

EDIT:
    I also want to mention that it's possible that I(as Rinku) may slow down a bit because I kind of want to level a pally also. I've never had a high-level one.

Not 100% sure I will do this, though. My life would be easier with a capped character first... decisions decisions. Maybe I'm just tired and more crazy than usual. Uwee hee hee!

Monsty on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Monsty wrote: »
    Or start a new character with us in the meantime!

EDIT:
    I also want to mention that it's possible that I(as Rinku) may slow down a bit because I kind of want to level a pally also. I've never had a high-level one.

Not 100% sure I will do this, though. My life would be easier with a capped character first... decisions decisions. Maybe I'm just tired and more crazy than usual. Uwee hee hee!

Well if you decide to level a pally, I'm working on a rogue.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I just barely fulfilled my goal this weekend of hitting 58 with my mage before midnight. I believe I dinged at 11:30. I abandoned all but 3 quests in Azeroth, cleared out some inventory space, and headed to Outland.

The gear upgrades are absolutely huge for me since I barely did any instancing. In some cases, they're are tripling my stats. I'm still wearing a ring from the friggin' Deadmines.

I fully expect that I'll be slowing down now, as I won't have a stretch of time to play like I did this weekend for a long time. This is probably a good thing -- maybe we can do some guild runs of Outland instances when more of you catch up since I never really saw any besides Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace, and one of the ones in Zangarmarsh.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    Why wait, we have more than 9 active members. ;-)

By my count, there are 53 people that have signed on in the last week [out of 73 possible]

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    oh, and in case you were wondering: 11 70+, with a host of people on their way.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I hope to be one of those soon. Hit 65 today, 3 more to go!

Oh and steev sure we can run some Outland instances. Have never ran any of them before, so it should be fun.

skorch on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    Maybe we can do some guild runs of Outland instances when more of you catch up since I never really saw any besides Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace, and one of the ones in Zangarmarsh.

Dude we are running some Shadow Labs, I love that place so much I don't care what anyone else thinks. The second boss is hilarious if you take someone who's never fought him before and Murmur is quite epic for a 5-man instance.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would do bad awful things for that black proto-drake. We just need 25 competent geared level 80s with lots of free time on deck. Damn 310% fliers makin' me eyeball some painful achievements.

Violet looks nifty enough, too, but there's no way in hell am I bothering with all the holiday shit.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    what's the black one for?

planetes42 on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Happy 1-month anniversary, fellow guildies! It feels good to be back online playing w/ everyone! I had a good Christmas/New Year sabbatical but I'm ready to venture forth once more into Azeroth and kick some ass! FOR THE CLAW!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    what's the black one for?

Heroic: Glory of the Raider. 8 guilds in the world have done it so far according to wowprogress (looked it up while sitting in queue).

Well, maybe if we get a tier or two ahead on raiding gear....

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition and I'm in the process of again downloading and installing my WoW add-ons. For some reason, when I go into the interface folder, it is empty. It is supposed to have an addon sub-folder. Where/How do I find this? I need to install my addons in the correct directory, obviously. Some assistance would be much obliged.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    Fatgoat87Fatgoat87 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Im looking to get back into the game. Id like to make an alliance toon either hunter or warrior if youd be up for having either join.

Fatgoat87 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The more the merrier, Fatgoat. I'll log on my primary char (blusella) and send you a guild invite. Just reply in this thread and/or pm me the name of the char you want me to invite.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    Fatgoat87Fatgoat87 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh no rush... I still havent resubbed my account yet. Pondering what MMO I want to return to first. But WOW on alliance side is one of my options.

Fatgoat87 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fatgoat87 wrote: »
    Oh no rush... I still havent resubbed my account yet. Pondering what MMO I want to return to first. But WOW on alliance side is one of my options.

Remember, Draenor is a normal server so you can always roll/transfer horde chars there too. I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you join the guild, 71 satisfied guildies can't be wrong!

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hm... The thought of starting over with some PA duders again sounds nice, had the idea of making a paladin and I more or less had to stop myself from barfing at the thought of playing a Blood Elf, which left Alliance for the only option. Sadly even though I've got a 72 Hunter Alliance side things seem... slow? Or rather I don't know enough people to make focusing on a high level Ally toon worthwhile.

So would a Paladin be welcome? Not sure what spec I'd make it, would level as Ret probably but I'd be willing to try healing/tanking as one.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition and I'm in the process of again downloading and installing my WoW add-ons. For some reason, when I go into the interface folder, it is empty. It is supposed to have an addon sub-folder. Where/How do I find this? I need to install my addons in the correct directory, obviously. Some assistance would be much obliged.

I found the addon folder by doing a file search, turns out it was installed in the cache folder under the WoW main folder for some reason.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Arthil wrote: »
    Hm... The thought of starting over with some PA duders again sounds nice, had the idea of making a paladin and I more or less had to stop myself from barfing at the thought of playing a Blood Elf, which left Alliance for the only option. Sadly even though I've got a 72 Hunter Alliance side things seem... slow? Or rather I don't know enough people to make focusing on a high level Ally toon worthwhile.

So would a Paladin be welcome? Not sure what spec I'd make it, would level as Ret probably but I'd be willing to try healing/tanking as one.

All classes are welcome, and spec however you wish since you can always respec later if need be. Fresh characters, Character Transfers, come one, come all!

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so far its flexable. we ahve a solid core of mid 30's early 40s' and we seem to be running instances regularly and having fun. There are quite a few 20's i have seen grouping and doing stuff too. So far im enjoying my self but have hit that 40 wall.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    would now be a good time to transfer my 74 paladin over

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Little Jim wrote: »
    would now be a good time to transfer my 74 paladin over

Definitely! The more people in the guild, the more people that are regularly online. The more people that are regularly online, the higher average amount of people online at one time. The higher that number is, the more fun for everyone!

TL,DR: YES, DO IT NOW. ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT!

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Downtime for maintenance kills me.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    Downtime for maintenance kills me.

It sucks even more for those of us on Eastern. I wake up right around the time the servers go down, and they don't come back up until 2:00 PM

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    On Tuesdays I usually work from 12-9, so that's a whole morning without WoW!

I guess this is kind of a good thing for me.

SteevL on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    About transfers, I will add that we have people all levels more or less. Not to mention if someone needs to get something done, in this guild we get it done. If some of the lower level guys cant flesh out a group one of the higher guys will pretty much always run them through. Yesterday we had a 4 man group of chars 70 to 80 running through AN. It wasn't pretty, (ret paladin healing ftw) but we got it done and we had fun doing it.

I can honestly say this has been the most fun I have had playing this game. I used to hit level cap and hang out until raid night, but we seem to always have something going on. OK shameless plug now over, maintenance sucks but I'm at work but damn it I wan't to check my auctions.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The first few times I was close to running stuff, I kept seeing "any low people need runs, I'm bored" and thats how I got through all the starting instances.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    RedDawn wrote: »
    Yesterday we had a 4 man group of chars 70 to 80 running through AN. It wasn't pretty, (ret paladin healing ftw) but we got it done and we had fun doing it.

The one day I (Alcadizaar) decide to not log on and I miss an AN run? Gosh darn it! Did you guys do OK too or just AN? You know we're going back in there right? ;)

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Nah, we just did AN. It was Genox (70), myself (Eativ, 72), Llyth (80) and Mad (Ret, 79, healing) in his last act as pre-80. Took us a little bit since I'd never been there and didn't know what to do. Sadly, nothing of use dropped for us.

What is it that you want in there? That tanking ring is MINE :)

planetes42 on
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hehe, I don't need any of the gear in there. I hit 77 the other day and the quests turned green for me. I suspect the OK quests will go green when I hit 78. I wanna knock those out while they are still worth something

So did Mad ding 80 then?

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
This discussion has been closed.