Options

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    For what it's worth, I still have AN quests in Richt's questlog, and they stayed green even when I hit 80.

SteevL on
  • Options
    planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't know if he hit or not -- he was a good chunk into 79 when I went to bed, and given his MO, I assume there's a soiled sock in the corner of his room and a lvl 80 paladin in our guild.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I stumbled upon this thread today, and it piqued my interest. I've not been an alliance player for a couple years now at least, but based on other games (AoC, Warhammer) I've always enjoyed PA shenanigans so figured it might be worthwhile to at least have an alt to screw around with.

Made a Dwarven Hunter on there named Wingding... wouldn't mind a guild invite if y'all don't mind a part-timer. I already started levelling him, and can't believe how starkly the curve has been cut... I'm levelling faster than I can pay for the damn skills!

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Loggin in currently Toxic. Glad to have you aboard.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    Fatgoat87Fatgoat87 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I decided to make myself a trial account to see how things are ingame, and after checkin this server in the morning it seemed well. Untill late at night when the ques said it would be 732 people untill i could enter (57 minutes) O_x... Is it always that busy on this server the guilds at?

Fatgoat87 on
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    out of curiosity, what time zone is this server located?

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    PST

:edit: to Fatgoat, typically there is a queue during peak hours at night (I'm EST), but I imagine it should get better in the next week or two as students go back to school.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    And if it doesn't get better, we bombard Blizzard with bitching until free transfers are available to lighten the load.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    This is the time of year when queues appear on many servers that don't normally have them... people get the game for Christmas or whatever and just come flooding in. After a couple weeks, it thins out again and the queues reduce or go away entirely.

The very same thing happened on my primary server (Greymane) when the expansion came out... there were huge queues, but only for a couple weeks and then they went away. It leads me to wonder where the hell all these people disappear to after a mere couple weeks.... are they giving up on the game already, moving to other servers, or what? Very strange phenomenon.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I decided to end my 3+ year hiatus and catch up on all the content I've missed. I've rolled a Draenei priest named Roscoe. I also have a 60 warlock decked out in the finest Tier 1 raid gear that I will transfer over once it becomes available, but by the looks of the queue I doubt that will be anytime soon.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    AfroJ wrote: »
    I decided to end my 3+ year hiatus and catch up on all the content I've missed. I've rolled a Draenei priest named Roscoe. I also have a 60 warlock decked out in the finest Tier 1 raid gear that I will transfer over once it becomes available, but by the looks of the queue I doubt that will be anytime soon.

You made the right choice by going Draenei. Leagues better than the original starting zones, although I do still have a soft spot for them.

SteevL on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Draenei is fun although I'm so sad this is on a US server <.<

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    For you guys coming over -- make sure you /join PA to get an invite. Don't want to leave you out in the world questing all by your lonesome for very long!

planetes42 on
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Senshi wrote:
    Draenei is fun although I'm so sad this is on a US server <.<

There were several people expressing interest in a euro guild when this one started. You might get a decent little group going if you started something up.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So they're opening up free transfers off Draenor soon. I love the server's hyperinflated economy and the fact that I've gotten fairly easy (and decently skilled) groups for just about every instance.

I don't love the queues, the instance server problems, and the fact that nobody can transfer their current characters into the guild anymore and this will probably remain the case in the near future.

Nissl on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's worth noting that paid transfers won't be enabled on the free destination realm for a good while, either, if they keep to the standard limitations. So if that's the concern we actually might be better off staying on draenor.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So far I've been fine with Draenor, although admittedly I've not been doing many instances. I do love all the money I've been making on the AH.

Don't people usually regret transferring to a new server like this anyway? It sucks that people can't transfer their characters over here now, but it'd suck even more if that Garrosh server turns into a ghost town.

edit: also worth noting is that the new server is on eastern time. While I live on the east coast, I'm fine with operating on pacific time as we are right now.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    how long do server transfer options stay open?

planetes42 on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I agree with SteevL.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    planetes42 wrote: »
    how long do server transfer options stay open?

Until Wednesday the 14th, or until they "fill up" the server with enough transfers, I guess.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    So far I've been fine with Draenor, although admittedly I've not been doing many instances. I do love all the money I've been making on the AH.

Don't people usually regret transferring to a new server like this anyway? It sucks that people can't transfer their characters over here now, but it'd suck even more if that Garrosh server turns into a ghost town.

edit: also worth noting is that the new server is on eastern time. While I live on the east coast, I'm fine with operating on pacific time as we are right now.

Yeah the economy on Draenor is pretty rad, and on a new server it's likely that things will be really screwed up in one way or another. Sometimes new servers can really take off though... I once made a new char on a server which had just recently opened (and thus was 'low' pop) but within a couple months it was hoppin' and full, so I'm sure people that got in early (and were higher level) probably had a great deal of influence an money-making ability.

The queue on Draenor is pretty unacceptable for playing in the evening, so I wouldn't mind a switch. It'd difficult to tell if it'd pay off of course... maybe enough others will switch away that the Draenor queue will go down enough to be tolerable, but it's a gamble either way.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    MorrigahnMorrigahn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My vote's to stay where we are. I think a lot of the queue issue is wotlk + holidays, and with the free transfer it should clear up on Draenor soon.

The queue sucks, but it'll resolve itself eventually (likely soon), and we've got a big active guild growing. I'd hate to see the guild get fractured if we try to move. People taking a week or two off and coming back to find half the guild gone and no more free transfer would be pretty terrible. Especially if those left behind have already done a paid transfer to get to Draenor in the first place.

Morrigahn on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm putting up an poll on our forums. Link to the site is in my sig. Please go vote.

In other news yay epic flying, gathering is actually pretty painless now.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    ...and lo and behold, right after I posted last night the queue was smaller than it had been for days and then magically disappeared after 9 PM PST.

I'm all about letting other people solve our problems, if possible. Going to hold off voting until I see whether the queues are improved any this weekend.

Nissl on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I guarantee you that what will happen if we transfer is that half the guild is going to forget to transfer or not be aware of it, and no one's going to want to have to reroll new characters because the other half made a unilateral decision, and the remaining members on the new server are going to find themselves with a very small and stagnant guild. Transferring a whole guild is a messy enough process when it's a well-established one and the process is planned in advance. With a brand new start-up and only a week's time to decide? It's a death sentence.

Right now, the queue is at it's worst during the post-holiday crash, and there's pretty decent chances of a significant drop once the transfers take place. There still might be one, but Draenor was the decision made, and switching now is only going to bring trouble.

Mars on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mars wrote: »
    I guarantee you that what will happen if we transfer is that half the guild is going to forget to transfer or not be aware of it, and no one's going to want to have to reroll new characters because the other half made a unilateral decision, and the remaining members on the new server are going to find themselves with a very small and stagnant guild. Transferring a whole guild is a messy enough process when it's a well-established one and the process is planned in advance. With a brand new start-up and only a week's time to decide? It's a death sentence.

Right now, the queue is at it's worst during the post-holiday crash, and there's pretty decent chances of a significant drop once the transfers take place. There still might be one, but Draenor was the decision made, and switching now is only going to bring trouble.

I agree. While a queue may be huge right now, playing on a low or medium pop server is, in my opinion, worse. I would much rather have long queue times and see other people leveling and be able to get groups for the lower level instances than the alternative. I've been on a low pop server, and it's horrible playing at max level because you can never get a group for ANYTHING. We should stay where we are.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    like llyth said -- we put up a poll on our forums so the guild can discuss such matters. post your thoughts there :)

planetes42 on
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    For what it's worth, I've got a character on one of the other realms and I'd love to see you guys transfer so I could get a free transfer to the server you guys are on :).

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Draenor is now eligible for paid transfers. Woohoo!

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There, no more reason for you on-the-fence folk to not transfer over. Step to it!

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    AfroJ wrote: »
    Draenor is now eligible for paid transfers. Woohoo!

Funny how that works. Get that Spoon over here!

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    so wait.... free transfers OFF and paid transfers ON? weird

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You know, in case all the people that just transferred off think they made a mistake, they can pay to go back! ;-)

SteevL on
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well that sucked. Rolling restart or just server crash?

skorch on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I dunno, I lagged to hell so I just decide to take a break.

My vote is to stay on Draenor. I like it here.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This sucks, I was hoping to play some tonight. Wonder how long it is going to be. I can't even authenticate.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A lot of realms are down according to the status page. The forums appear to be borked too.

Mars on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    My lock has arrived on the server but unfortunately I had to change my name. I sat there for a good 45 minutes trying to find a name that was available. I finally just broke down and used an old childhood version of my name.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    did you get an invite?

planetes42 on
This discussion has been closed.