Options

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Paid transfers are open to Draenor, but if the guild plans to transfer to the new server, I will wait, because my other server (Whisperwind) has free transfers to the same server.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    it doesn't look like we're leaving. polling is technically open until monday, but the votes are pretty strong for staying

so come on over!!

[we got like 5 new 70+'s last night, so we're actually able to group pretyt easily for northrend stuff now]

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I haven't decided if I want to transfer my 53 Mage or my 62 Paladin.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    well you certainly won't be at a lack for groups with either.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hmm, I'll probably do the Paladin. He already has Journeyman riding and his Charger, so I won't need to transfer half of my 80's gold with him to buy an epic mount in 7 levels.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    by the way -- it is official that we're staying. So, bring out your dead!

planetes42 on
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If anyone is contemplating a reroll, we have an ultra-lowbie alt group going that I hope will turn into something to dick around with once a week. Last night we totally owned Fargodeep mine.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nissl wrote: »
    If anyone is contemplating a reroll, we have an ultra-lowbie alt group going that I hope will turn into something to dick around with once a week. Last night we totally owned Fargodeep mine.
    Hah, that sounds like a ball.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    got up to 425 blacksmith. so all you plate wearers, come get your nice blue gear [soon i'll have the purps, but not quite yet]

planetes42 on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nissl wrote: »
    Hah, that sounds like a ball.

I and someone else (dunno their forum name) rolled a warrior and priest who are sitting at about level 8 at the moment... definately willing to be the anchor of an up-and-coming group so we can storm some instances and what-not.

My hunter (Wingding) who is about to hit 30 went to RFK with some other PA jerks and we fuckin' rocked that place, even though the PuG gnome ditched us at the last possible second. After he logged, leaving us at the meeting stone, we said 'fuggit, let's 4-man this bitch' and we did. It was glorious.

Now we just need someone to tank Gnomer! :winky:

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There's no damned ignoramus crazy enough to do such a thing!

I say we force a... umm... "highbie" to make with the running.

Monsty on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah dont cause yourself the pain and suffering of doing gnomer as a real group, surely a high level will be willing to tank it for you no problem.

I did enjoy running with the alt crowd on my super awesome level 8 paladin maybe I will play her a bit tonight since getting anything start on my priest will take more hours than I want it too. The pally is level 8 but honestly if there are multiple groups making new alts I will make one for each group and then switch characters as groups level heh.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I've been through Alliance levelling 1-40 more times than I care to admit, so I know as well as just about anyone what the painful quests and dungeons are.

For instance, I remember there being an assload of painful quests in Redridge, but you know what? Now they're not nearly so bad, and I've soloed the whole zone myself. This is not to say that Gnomer still doesn't have well over it's fair share of annoyances, but c'mon, where's your sense of adventure people!?

I mean, we 4-manned RFK with a Ret pally tanking and a Prot pally healing, plus a hunter and a mage... and only the mage was in his 30's (31 to be exact). We can conquer Gnomeregan!

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    People need to remember that all of vanilla WoW and TBC were nerfed. Most group quests in vanilla were re-tooled for solo play, and TBC took a near 30% nerf across the board in PVE difficulty.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Quit trying to inspire me into a frenzy. It's sort of working. :)

*Sigh* I'll go start collecting quests. Well, if I could fucking connect.

I call Thermaplugg's Left Arm if it drops! Heh

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Lol I am glad no one can connect since I cant play and anything to slow down Rinku is a godsend hehe.

I like to look death in the eye but just not till the 50's instances hehe

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    Yeah dont cause yourself the pain and suffering of doing gnomer as a real group, surely a high level will be willing to tank it for you no problem.

I actually have ran many Gnomer runs on my pally. As long as Zilcon is not being dragged through an instances with Eat or Mad,I have no problem running people through lowbie instances. So if you see me on in game just ask me, I more likely will do it.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I wonder if I could do with my priest? I just wish I had more AOE..

MoSiAc on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    From what I saw -- seemed Gnomer was a smashing success last night.

Just a heads up for anyone else that's lurking this thread: if you want to come and roll a class that doesn't wear plate, you're not going to have any problems finding a tank. Of the 12 people on at one point last night, 7 were warriors and paladins (and a DK had just logged).

Ever been part of a guild that had no shortage of tanks? Me neither, but it looks to be glorious!

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Gnomer was indeed a smashing success. We spanked that entire instance, killed every boss and completed every quest in one go, without a single fatality in our group. Having tanking duties split between a paladin and a warrior with another paladin healing meant that we had no shortage of aggro control, allowing the two remaining members (both of us huntards) to just let loose on mobs and burn them down ultra-quick.

We don't lack at all for tanks right now, at least for old world content since spec hardly matters at this phase. In the upper levels and for heroics, I'm not sure how it'll pan out, but hopefully there'll be enough people who stick with it and spec appropriately. Right now I believe we lack a little bit in the healing department, but it's usually not a deficit we cannot over come... again, until higher levels at least.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah we have a lot of plate that is for sure. But we also have a lot of hybrid classes running around right now that can spec any way they want for end game. I know a few that are waiting for more to hit cap before they respec, or are still figuring out what they want to do.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    are you talking about madvillian? The ret paladin that heals every instance, keeps telling us he wants to heal, then buys himself all the shiny titansteel goodness he can find?

I know this much: I am speccing prot. Melee dps is not my bag.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wah wah wah! Not my fault inscription prints money. I'll probably end up buying the brilliant titansteel stuff too at some point. In other news, getting most of the mats for the destroyer stockpiled. Go me!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    We have quite a few 70+ plate wearers, but I am not sure how many of them are actually specced (or geared) to tank. I know Llyth is staying DPS, at least according to our conversations. I am not sure about Madvillian, Eativ, and Alcadizaar. I know there is one other 80 DK who's name slips me right now as well...not sure if he plans to tank or go DPS.

I am still wrestling with moving my geared and specced 80 DeathTank over, but again, I don't want to drop him in to a glut of tanks and cause conflict.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    none of llyth; alcad; or mad are going to tank

i am definitely going to tank (eativ)

there's a druid in the mid 70's that's feral, but not sure if he wants to tank or not.

bring whatever you want to play. we'll worry about spots later.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well, for 25 man work, you really need 4 geared, specced and capable tanks. For 10 mans, if you plan to two team it, you still need four...so it's not like we couldn't find a place for me.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    well, im back online after 2 days of being with out nets, and will hopefully get some xps and running done tis week. Hopefully we can actualy run Brd one of these nights instead of standing aorudn for 40 mins getting denied the whole time.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Well, for 25 man work, you really need 4 geared, specced and capable tanks. For 10 mans, if you plan to two team it, you still need four...so it's not like we couldn't find a place for me.

really more like three, and one of them can probably be a fury warrior or something.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »

really more like three, and one of them can probably be a fury warrior or something.

You want a 4th as a back up for Patchwerk at the very least. It also makes many of the multi-mob pulls easier. When DK's can so easily switch between DPS and tanking, it seems almost silly not to bring a couple of DK's that can do both, to have the flexibility.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    guys....just get to 80 with whatever character you enjoy playing. We'll figure out raid composition when we have enough to make a raid [and we won't do it on the Penny Arcade public forums for the whole world to see our dirty laundry].

if you want to tank, make a tank. assuming you are there whenever we end up raiding and don't present a mountain of suck when you play, I'm sure you'll get to tank.

We will make sure that the method in which we choose who comes to raids / who sits that night & who is tanks/heals/dps is transparent to the entire guild -- we will strive for fairness and will be open to suggestion from the guild on such matters.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, what planetes42 said.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I was just looking for your support man *sniffles* I just wanted you to hold me, while I made such a huge decision in my WoW life...to transfer my 80 DK off the only server I've ever known. *sniff, sniff*

No, seriously, I am still mulling it over, but I won't let our tank composition make the decision for me. I am certainly not a mountain of suck, so I should be okay in the long wrong :)

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Someone needs to level my priest while I am away I am too busy in RL this weekend.

MoSiAc on
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hmmmm. I played Horde on Draenor long ago. I do have a 70 Draeni Warrior sitting collecting dust that could come play.

How serious is this guild and what would the eventual raid schedule be?

Jungleskye on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think we are serious in that many people play often and do a lot of the five mans. From what I can tell there hasn't been a lot of talk about "raiding tuesdays and sundays at blah o clock" come check it out see what you think.

MoSiAc on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    As a rough estimate, I'd say about half of the people on regularly(being on at least once or twice a week) are seriously interested in raiding. The other half has generally said that either they have no intention of raiding or are undecided. So you could say we're semi-casual. When the time comes and we have enough people to start something, it'll get worked out.

Mars on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Mars is pretty spot on about raiding. We will definitely be doing 10 man content -- there are more than enough interested for that to happen.

25 man is still undetermined. We have not decided if we would want to "recruit" to fill gaps should we have insufficient numbers from just the PA boards.

We have discussed rotating raid schedules to accommodate evening conflicts. So, rather than having Tues/Thurs raids and potentially forcing some people to miss every raid, we may do Tues/Thurs one week and Mon/Wed the next [as an example -- I know that wouldn't work due to resets, but you get what I mean].

I think 'semi-casual' is a good word -- but I think we all have very high expectations for success when we get enough 80's to raid.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't have any plan to raid (or hit 80, even) anytime soon really, but in my view 10 mans are the limit of what can really be done casually. 25s require a different level of organization, at which point it starts to have to become someone's job to herd all the cats.

I know a lot of people in the guild are alts/casuals, so this may not be an issue that ever comes up, but still.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Were I to ever get a toon on Draenor to 80, I'd definately be up for some form of raiding, though how much remains to be seen. This past week my regular raid guild on Greymane imploded with a great sucking sound, so I'm not doing any raiding at all for the time being, and am not all that enthusiastic about pressing on with my warlock in any case.

I'm sort've at a crossroads as I try to decide what to do. On one hand, I want to work on my Shaman on Greymane (Horde as all my chars there are), but on the other hand I've a 61 Nelf Druid on another server that I could transfer to Draenor, which'd mean I could be tank, heals, or dps depending on what's needed. Or I could just continue along with Wingding and add more huntardedness to the guild. :D

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Or I could just continue along with Wingding and add some much needed ranged DPS to the guild. :D

Fixed that one for ya :P

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
This discussion has been closed.