As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Oboro - Harpsichord - Priest - Human

Oboro on
    words
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    if you dudes make it to 70 i might transfer my human paladin over

because dark iron is terrible

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited December 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »

dark iron was better when I was persistently trolling it

now you'll need to come to draenor to savor the flavor

Oboro on
    words
  • langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DAMN IT!

I was totally going to make a human warlock.

Actually I'm thinking about switching to DK once I hit 55, so I suppose it doesn't matter what I start with.

langfor6 on
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    heh, i was debating mage or warrior -- i'm swapping to warrior since I'd rather tank than be dps: Eativ

planetes42 on
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    One thread takes me from "Meh, I'll wait a while to play again", to "Gotta resub soon!". I haven't yet had a chance to play consistently with a good guild.

I'll start up my character within the next couple days. Most likely, a Dwarf Warrior. Name undecided, the ones I want are taken.

Mars on
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wow we are caster heavy. Hmm. In that case I will go rogue to bring in some physical dps. I'll probably focus on alchemy as well. Make potions and stuff for the guild. So JonnyBot - Aluara - Rogue Night Elf

JonnyBot on
  • skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am going to be changing my class to Shaman. Same name though. Don't know if I am going to go Enhancement or Elemental yet. But I need to play a class that can heal in some form or another. Guess that is why my Paladin and Priest got so much further then any of my characters.

skorch on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Oboro wrote: »

woah look at the time it's can't transfer my paladin o'clock

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited December 2008

woah look at the time it's can't transfer my paladin o'clock

So roll fresh

JonnyBot on
  • slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll join up, so what classes are still needed? I've gotten each class up to at least 60 on my main server, so I can play just about anything adequately. The only downside is that I have never created an Alliance character before, and have no idea about the whole Alliance side of things, i.e. towns, quests, etc.

Also, is dual-boxing looked down upon?

slurpeepoop on
    edited December 2008
    I'll join up, so what classes are still needed? I've gotten each class up to at least 60 on my main server, so I can play just about anything adequately. The only downside is that I have never created an Alliance character before, and have no idea about the whole Alliance side of things, i.e. towns, quests, etc.

Also, is dual-boxing looked down upon?

I don't know about dual-boxing, but play whatever you wish.

JonnyBot on
    edited December 2008
    Continue to post profession information -- I will post on main page. (or send a tell in game to eativ)

planetes42 on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm messing around With a Human Warrior named Artiska. Might try my hand at a Druid too.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited December 2008
    Soloing a priest is so slow

JonnyBot on
    edited December 2008
    i thought you were a mage?

planetes42 on
    edited December 2008
    planetes42 wrote: »
    i thought you were a mage?

I am. Remember, I said I would level both a mage and a priest and depending on what the guild needed I would go with one or the other.

JonnyBot on
    edited December 2008
    oh yeah, and a rogue & a hunter. :)

planetes42 on
    edited December 2008
    Yes yes I can't make up my mind. This happens every time

JonnyBot on
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm thinking of making a Draenei Paladin and going with whatever spec we may need the most. By the time that really matters, I hope the dual specs will be out. I'll probably try to make the character tonight and post his/her name on here then.

Nitsua on
    edited December 2008
    Nitsua wrote: »
    I'm thinking of making a Draenei Paladin and going with whatever spec we may need the most. By the time that really matters, I hope the dual specs will be out. I'll probably try to make the character tonight and post his/her name on here then.

When will you start playing it? I'm working on a Draenei mage, so we can team up.

JonnyBot on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    JonnyBot wrote: »
    Wow we are caster heavy. Hmm. In that case I will go rogue to bring in some physical dps. I'll probably focus on alchemy as well. Make potions and stuff for the guild. So JonnyBot - Aluara - Rogue Night Elf

Hey, what spec are you going for? and is your character male or female? Cause I'm considering doing a Night Elf Rogue for my main instead or at least a primary alt. I'm leaning towards female (males can look dorky) w/ a combat and/or assassination spec.

Edit: The idea behind the gender thing is just to have different looking characters, Night Elf Rogues are common enough, trying to get good diversity in the guild.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
    edited December 2008
    I made a dwarf huntard named Ingerla, but I won't be able to play until later tonight. I added everyone in the OP to my friend's list so as soon as I catch someone online I'll whisper for an invite.

langfor6 on
    edited December 2008

Hey, what spec are you going for? and is your character male or female? Cause I'm considering doing a Night Elf Rogue for my main instead or at least a primary alt. I'm leaning towards female (males can look dorky) w/ a combat and/or assassination spec.

Edit: The idea behind the gender thing is just to have different looking characters, Night Elf Rogues are common enough, trying to get good diversity in the guild.

Actually, I dropped the rogue in favor of mage. I always play rogues and it's time for something different. Though if you were looking to rogue it up I can make an exception. Duo rogues is a ridiculously powerful leveling combo.

JonnyBot on
    edited December 2008
    I'd be down for it. What specs compliment each other best? I'm guessing pure combat and pure assassination?

Saint Justice on
    edited December 2008
    I'd be down for it. What specs compliment each other best? I'm guessing pure combat and pure assassination?

Honestly, I don't think it matters regarding rogues. But I suppose with proper aggro management, a combat rogue can tank. I say lets try it out and worry about specs when needed.

JonnyBot on
    edited December 2008
    Alright, do male night elves really look that stupid? I don't remember. If not, we could just have diff color hair/skin to look different.

Saint Justice on
    edited December 2008
    Alright, do male night elves really look that stupid? I don't remember. If not, we could just have diff color hair/skin to look different.

I'm just not a fan of how they look. I don't like their animations much. To me, they are too buff to be rogues. But I suppose that depends on your definition of a rogue.

Edit: Let me know when you wanna start

JonnyBot on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmm... this might be tempting to resub for.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited December 2008
    I'll be on sunday, most likely early afternoon. G'night.

Saint Justice on
    edited December 2008
    Do we have an actual guild up yet? Been hesitant to log in since we're just scattered over /tells and the four winds when I was on last

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    Do we have an actual guild up yet? Been hesitant to log in since we're just scattered over /tells and the four winds when I was on last

Someone formed the guild but they are at a wedding. I think we need to sign the charter still. If you want help leveling, let me know and I'll make a temp character with you.

JonnyBot on
    edited December 2008
    Heh, no help needed, I just can't stand playing without a bustling chat channel. :)

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    Heh, no help needed, I just can't stand playing without a bustling chat channel. :)

Understand. I'm kinda the same way. Only reason I'm playing is I don't want to be left behind, again.

JonnyBot on
    edited December 2008
    yeah -- the guy who made the guild is away at a wedding until tomorrow [i believe he has a 'main' on this server, and can thus fund the purchase of a guild].

but, the tells are a-flying around -- come join us! I'm definitely seeing critical mass here -- we should have 8-10 solid to start.

For those in the right level -- shall we try to do Dead Mines soon?

planetes42 on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I transferred over a 62 troll hunter i haven't played in 3 years and made a human Death Knight, Pyrrhùs. Fuckers steal my name on every server except the WAR one I no longer play on.

Anyways, whats our meeting channel named? If we don't have one, its now "PA".

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nitsua wrote: »

When will you start playing it? I'm working on a Draenei mage, so we can team up.

Unfortunately it will have to be tomorrow (tonight? Sunday) since I had plans tonight to do some dungeon runs with a few people on my DK on Demon Soul. Would love to take you up on the grouping while leveling though ,would make things much easier.

edit: Okay, my character is a female Draenei Paladin named Aolywaen. Just made her. Going to go on and add you guys as friends so I can just start playing tomorrow.

edit2: I added everyone that is on the OP to my friend's list. Get to see what it's like to finally play an alliance character and also how sped up XP is now. Look forward to playing with you guys!

Nitsua on
    edited December 2008
    I transferred over a 62 troll hunter i haven't played in 3 years and made a human Death Knight, Pyrrhùs. Fuckers steal my name on every server except the WAR one I no longer play on.

Damn. Now I have to look up the escape code just to add you to my friend's list.

langfor6 on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Make a chat channel you nubs, at least until the guild gets formed ;)

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    edited December 2008

planetes42 on
This discussion has been closed.