[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

1242526272830»

Posts

  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ok, clearly this thread is dead. I'll be posting a new thread later today to reorganize and recruit for Clawshrimp & Co. It's high time we get the guild going again.

    Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • RatmikeRatmike Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    T...The claw shall rise again!?

    Ratmike on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I see that our old guild forum has been deactivated. Kind of makes me sad, even though we didn't really use it for much.

    Anyway, I'm excited for Cataclysm, but that's not coming out for a while. As I said before, I'll very likely be resubscribing during the Halloween event, but only for a month. During that time I'm also going to try getting the Loremaster achievement, or at least the Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms since that place is going to be a lot different once the expansion is released. Looks like I have a lot of work to do in Outland too.

    SteevL on
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well if things get started up again I'll try to get an alt going. I abandoned it shortly after joining (and I apologize for that) as a friend got me into the raiding guild he's in on the same server.

    SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So how's the BG leveling? If I succumbed and came back before Cata I could see myself doing that quite a bit.

    But hopefully I have enough self control to hold off until then for a Worgen or Goblin rogue. Decisions, decisions.

    Monsty on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You may as well quest while you wait for BGs to pop-up because queues can be dang slow. Or you can level your fishing while waiting for BGs.

    Seg on
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Monsty wrote: »
    So how's the BG leveling? If I succumbed and came back before Cata I could see myself doing that quite a bit.

    But hopefully I have enough self control to hold off until then for a Worgen or Goblin rogue. Decisions, decisions.

    The exp totally sucks unless you're talking 70-80 AV. They're supposedly looking into it and going to fix it, though.

    Mgcw on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Monsty wrote: »
    So how's the BG leveling? If I succumbed and came back before Cata I could see myself doing that quite a bit.

    But hopefully I have enough self control to hold off until then for a Worgen or Goblin rogue. Decisions, decisions.

    The exp totally sucks unless you're talking 70-80 AV. They're supposedly looking into it and going to fix it, though.

    The could help the system if they let you turn in marks without having to turn in all 5 types of marks for experience and rep. Basically bring back the old way of gaining experience from PvP.

    Seg on
  • DarhgoDarhgo Registered User
    edited August 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    I see that our old guild forum has been deactivated. Kind of makes me sad, even though we didn't really use it for much.

    Anyway, I'm excited for Cataclysm, but that's not coming out for a while. As I said before, I'll very likely be resubscribing during the Halloween event, but only for a month. During that time I'm also going to try getting the Loremaster achievement, or at least the Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms since that place is going to be a lot different once the expansion is released. Looks like I have a lot of work to do in Outland too.

    steve, if you need help with any of that when you resubscribe, let us know.

    i've been on a fair bit this week, and it seems, me, blusella and zilc are the only regulars left ATM... i for one would like to get it up and going again!!!

    Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, it'd definitely be fun to do a sort of "final tour" of the Eastern Kingdoms quests with some of you guys. I only need 121 more quests, although I'm not sure where they all are at the moment.

    Outland has hundreds more for me to do, including all of Shadowmoon, Netherstorm, and Blade's Edge Mountains.

    I'm sorry the guild has been so dead. Like I said, I won't really be making a serious revisit to the game until Cataclysm (or just before it) -- I imagine that would be the best time to try and resuscitate the guild. My resubscription in October (when does the Halloween stuff start anyway?) will definitely expire after a month. I don't want to get sucked into the game just yet. :)

    SteevL on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    Yeah, it'd definitely be fun to do a sort of "final tour" of the Eastern Kingdoms quests with some of you guys. I only need 121 more quests, although I'm not sure where they all are at the moment.

    Outland has hundreds more for me to do, including all of Shadowmoon, Netherstorm, and Blade's Edge Mountains.

    I'm sorry the guild has been so dead. Like I said, I won't really be making a serious revisit to the game until Cataclysm (or just before it) -- I imagine that would be the best time to try and resuscitate the guild. My resubscription in October (when does the Halloween stuff start anyway?) will definitely expire after a month. I don't want to get sucked into the game just yet. :)

    http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter=cr=6:16;crs=1:33;crv=0:0

    Just change the zone to what ever zone you're working in. But being short 121 quests means you're missing at least a zone's worth.

    Thomamelas on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I have a vague memory of which zones I've done completely. I think most of the ones I'm missing are in Burning Steppes and the two plaguelands.

    SteevL on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    Yeah, I have a vague memory of which zones I've done completely. I think most of the ones I'm missing are in Burning Steppes and the two plaguelands.

    I would simply comb through each zone from top to bottom. Being methodical about it makes it much easier.

    Thomamelas on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I read me some about the new X-pack and while I'll swear up and down (in public) I'll never let it get its claws into me, there's a pretty damn good chance I'll be back for it. So keep the torches lit guys - I may return to get drunk and fail at healing people!

    That is, if I can ever tear myself away from reading Thoma's tales of woe.

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    His tales of woe are certainly epic.

    SteevL on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    His tales of woe are certainly epic.

    I'm a slow learner about somethings combined with a deep stubborn streak and thus it took me a lot longer to learn some key wisdom then it took some other people.

    Thomamelas on
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm a traitor. I resubbed yesterday...and started a character Horde-side on Draenor.D:

    Apparently Draenor's pretty imbalanced, it seems that the Horde leaders get killed like every other day.

    I'll occasionally hop on Balstadme while I'm messing around with this new character, but I don't think I'll be doing much on him.

    Mars on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've got horde alts on Draenor too, but c'mon man let's get Clawshrimp & Co going again! I just hit 73 w/ Blusella and invited a friend of mine who's rolled a new character - NE Hunter. He should be lvl 11 right now, I believe.

    Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • DarhgoDarhgo Registered User
    edited August 2009
    i think we should start a new thread... most people who've checked in know the guild folded, but they may not have checked the thread again after that.

    my new warrior just hit 11! when is your friend on? we can group up.

    charlie

    Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm an old timer of the guild, but I still check in whenever I see new activity.

    I think the biggest drag on this thread is that the original poster no longer contributes, so can't change the title and such to inform people of a resurgance, small though it may be.

    For myself, I'm inevitably going to return with the X-pac, but that's a ways off and right now there's Champions Online to be had! Not really all that much incentive to play at the moment, really.

    Toxic Pickle on
  • DarhgoDarhgo Registered User
    edited August 2009
    that's understandable, toxic. if i had an 80 or 2, i'd probably feel the same way, but i just started playing this year, so i'm still enjoying the content.

    anyway, i'm going to discuss with blu and zilc, and we may start a new thread.

    Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The pick up in activity in this thread is the main reason for me starting to play Marinora again.

    Seg on
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, a large part of the reason I made a Hordie is that I really wanted to play a mage, but dwarves are the only alliance race I can stand to play anymore. Once the expansion comes out, between dwarves and worgen every class will be covered, but that's quite a ways away.

    Mars on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Seg wrote: »
    The pick up in activity in this thread is the main reason for me starting to play Marinora again.

    I guess I could come here to bitch about working too much and paying $12 for cocktails when I go out if it keeps the fires burning! I just fucked up my car too, so I'm gonna have to cut back on $12 cocktails for a bit.

    But yeah, Mad ain't dead yet.

    Also, if Mori is still around, say what's up for me. I don't think he frequents here, but he's good people.

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • DarhgoDarhgo Registered User
    edited August 2009
    woo hit 66 just today. i'm aiming for 70 by the end of next week. :)

    Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Darhgo wrote: »
    woo hit 66 just today. i'm aiming for 70 by the end of next week. :)

    No kidding? I'm at 67, also aiming for 70 this week. What's the character's name?

    SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nice to see the thread picking back up again. My friend's toon just hit 17 and I'm working on 74. I'm going to make a quick and dirty thread before I put it off again. I can always edit it as needed.

    Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • DarhgoDarhgo Registered User
    edited August 2009
    SightTDW wrote: »
    Darhgo wrote: »
    woo hit 66 just today. i'm aiming for 70 by the end of next week. :)

    No kidding? I'm at 67, also aiming for 70 this week. What's the character's name?

    it's arlenth. sent you a PM in game as well.

    see you got up to 69! haha congrats. :)

    Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
This discussion has been closed.