As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like stockades for wool. Lot of random humanoids, and a level 70 could clear it in about 10 minutes.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mad Jazz wrote: »

Edit: run deadmines = get wool cloth. More than you can handle.

Figured as much, thanks.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The siren's call of new content beckoned me away today. I made a Death Knight on another server. It's hard to play through content that I've seen so many times.

I feel so guilty.

langfor6 on
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This stuff is all new to me (alliance side) so it's really not a problem. What is a small problem is the consistently small damage and lack of mount - didn't realize how accustomed to all that I was until I didn't have either. Still very fun though, really good people also.

Nitsua on
  • omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I would not mind making an Alli toon, but I fear I would never get around to playing it with my main being Horde on a different server and getting him geared and ready to go for raiding.

Is this a casual "I am only going to hop on when there are no raids and noone on in my guild" kinda of thing? Because if so I would be willing to get in on that.

omega71 on
    edited December 2008
    I've only played through Outland twice, once each for horde and alliance, but I've done old world Azeroth three times as horde and twice as alliance. I don't know how people can have a level 70 of each class.

langfor6 on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    omega71 wrote: »
    I would not mind making an Alli toon, but I fear I would never get around to playing it with my main being Horde on a different server and getting him geared and ready to go for raiding.

Is this a casual "I am only going to hop on when there are no raids and noone on in my guild" kinda of thing? Because if so I would be willing to get in on that.

We're not asking for any major time commitments, just people that are here to have fun, be helpful, and group up whenever possible.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Jives wrote: »
    Is there anyone interested in doing something similar for europe?

I'm definitely up for it

Not sure how much time I will have in the next wee while but I'd be up for it too.

danx on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We are finally showing up in the armory. This is good news. I'm going to put the final touches on our site. It isn't much, but it should be good enough for now.

Link to armory.

Ok here is a link to the site. Let me know what you guys think. It should be ok for now.

RedDawn on
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    sorry to see you go Ingerla, we hardly knew ye. Perhaps the allure of a good community will lure you back soon :)

I gotta say -- it's strangely exciting to start from absolute scratch with a bunch of other people. It helps that the people are all fantastic.

planetes42 on
  • JivesJives Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    danx wrote: »

I'm definitely up for it

Not sure how much time I will have in the next wee while but I'd be up for it too.

Well, if we get it started hopefully more people will pop up

any ideas for a server?

Jives on
    edited December 2008
    planetes42 wrote: »
    sorry to see you go Ingerla, we hardly knew ye. Perhaps the allure of a good community will lure you back soon :)

I gotta say -- it's strangely exciting to start from absolute scratch with a bunch of other people. It helps that the people are all fantastic.

I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I'm not leaving, I'm just two-timing the guild. I'm playing on my old server as well.

It's too much fun not to play on Draenor, I just can't get five levels a day consistently right now.

langfor6 on
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I'm definitely up for it

any ideas for a server?

Not really. Two new realms opened up not so long ago (Azuremyst and Terrokar), they might work. OTOH new servers have their own problems. It depends what people are looking for really. I'm not really fussed, current server blows.

Might be best to make an EU version of this thread to see how many are up for it and avoid confusion.

danx on
  • JivesJives Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I'm definitely up for it

any ideas for a server?

Not really. Two new realms opened up not so long ago (Azuremyst and Terrokar), they might work. OTOH new servers have their own problems. It depends what people are looking for really. I'm not really fussed, current server blows.

Might be best to make an EU version of this thread to see how many are up for it and avoid confusion.

okay I shall make one RIGHT NOW

Jives on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have a joke character I made on Draenor to bug an old guildmate that transferred. Perhapsly I could transfer my 70 Hunter/Rogue/DK/Paladin over. Hmm... much to think on.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

We're not asking for any major time commitments, just people that are here to have fun, be helpful, and group up whenever possible.

That sounds awesome..I will be making a toon in a little bit.

This will be my first Alliance toon, also I think I am going to make a Warrior, which will be the first time I play one of those as well.

DPS warrior, I tried tanking on my DK once and that is really not for me. If all else fails I will make a hunter since I am very very familiar with those.

omega71 on
    edited December 2008
    glad to have you! Guild run of DM is happening in... 5 minutes. hope to see you on soon

planetes42 on
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

That sounds awesome..I will be making a toon in a little bit.

This will be my first Alliance toon, also I think I am going to make a Warrior, which will be the first time I play one of those as well.

DPS warrior, I tried tanking on my DK once and that is really not for me. If all else fails I will make a hunter since I am very very familiar with those.

DPS warrior sounds interesting

JonnyBot on
  • ociousocious Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I reinstalled last night. I made a Draenai Mage named Discontent. I've always always wanted to play a frost mage and I've never played Alliance.

I will be out of town for a week though. Hawaii!

See you all for real on the 18th.

ocious on
    Life is a ____ , depending on how you dress her.
    edited December 2008
    ocious wrote: »
    I reinstalled last night. I made a Draenai Mage named Discontent. I've always always wanted to play a frost mage and I've never played Alliance.

I will be out of town for a week though. Hawaii!

See you all for real on the 18th.

Awesome. Welcome aboard. I can level a character with you if you want the company.

JonnyBot on
    edited December 2008
    So how soon until ya'll can help me get Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury? I just read about this bow and it is now my new goal.

JonnyBot on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmmm...how's the tank situation? I'm considering making a new alliance main but I'm debating between a DK/War/Paladin.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited December 2008
    Hmmm...how's the tank situation? I'm considering making a new alliance main but I'm debating between a DK/War/Paladin.

We have a few warriors and paladins. three each I think. Also have one DK.

JonnyBot on
    edited December 2008
    I definitely intend on being a tank at max lvl. Hell, I'm even lvling prot to convince people of my intentions! :)

planetes42 on
  • skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    And he is a fine tank. Just a bit overzealous in his lust for pig man blood.

skorch on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That RFK run was the stuff of legend guys.

My soulstone failure was spectacular.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited December 2008
    My favorite was either Mad's line about crit heals (it's like sending your kid to Yale) or Aoly's line when we encountered the first boss (oh shit, he's level fuck to me).

turns out, tanking as lvl 22, healing as ret, and taking two lvl 18 dps to RFK is NOT the fastest way through that place....who knew?? [it should be noted -- we only wiped once, and it was when the trash ran away and agroed the boss]

planetes42 on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My favorite was either Mad's line about crit heals (it's like sending your kid to Yale) or Aoly's line when we encountered the first boss (oh shit, he's level fuck to me).

turns out, tanking as lvl 22, healing as ret, and taking two lvl 18 dps to RFK is NOT the fastest way through that place....who knew?? [it should be noted -- we only wiped once, and it was when the trash ran away and agroed the boss]

I love your sig. :lol:

Wavechaser on
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok, I have some questions. :)

First- What time zone is this guild working on?

Second- I have a 70 Horde that I want to transfer to a PvE server. If I do that, can the DK I create be of any race/faction, or Horde only?

Thanks for your time. :)

ringswraith on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok, I have some questions. :)

First- What time zone is this guild working on?

Second- I have a 70 Horde that I want to transfer to a PvE server. If I do that, can the DK I create be of any race/faction, or Horde only?

Thanks for your time. :)

On non-PvP server it can be either faction. On a PvP server it has to be the same faction as your other characters. (For awhile my guild had a few Death Knights whose mains were Horde.)

Seg on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Baaah PST!

You animals! You're going to blow it all up!

I think I might try a mage or a warlock. Never had one of those.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
    edited December 2008
    it is a PST server -- but I know there's a good bit EST.

planetes42 on
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hope I'm not too late for the party. I made a Draenei Shaman, named... wait for it... Shamanic. (Can't believe that wasn't taken.) She's taking Mining and Jewelcrafting.

Shaman is the only class I never played a single level of it. Everything else I've played up to the 20s at the very least.

aunsoph on
    edited December 2008
    fantastic! we didn't have a JC yet! did you get into the guild?

planetes42 on
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    fantastic! we didn't have a JC yet! did you get into the guild?

Not yet. I just reserved the name earlier today. I'll log in now. :P

aunsoph on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man things are going pretty well. We are moving along quite nicely, we already have 2 bank tabs and lots of mats and gear for lower levels.

Some screen shots are up of some shenanigans, not too many yet. I'm hoping we can more guildies sending them in.

RedDawn on
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Yeah, that was an epic night. Now that I'm 20 (almost 21) should make that place a tad bit easier on our next run. That line just popped into my head (I'm Aolywaen) because that's what I belived he would do to me. That tanking was something else though - no one died on any boss, even the one he had to fight on his own (pretty much) and just get healed.

Nitsua on
    edited December 2008
    Nitsua wrote: »

Yeah, that was an epic night. Now that I'm 20 (almost 21) should make that place a tad bit easier on our next run. That line just popped into my head (I'm Aolywaen) because that's what I belived he would do to me. That tanking was something else though - no one died on any boss, even the one he had to fight on his own (pretty much) and just get healed.

This right here is why starting from scratch was a brilliant idea. It's feels so exciting again, not being bankrolled, having to level and skill up the natural way, dependant on each other for success.

JonnyBot on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I've started the slow but steady process of leveling my Priest! No one online right now but me, but I'll hassle one of you guys for an invite as soon as I see ya. I'll still be putting in a few hours on my 80 off-server, but I figure I should be up to speed within a few days to start tagging along with the rest of ya. :^:

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    saweet -- Oboro, make sure you /join PA so we can catch ya in chat as soon as we log in.

planetes42 on
This discussion has been closed.