As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    I've started the slow but steady process of leveling my Priest! No one online right now but me, but I'll hassle one of you guys for an invite as soon as I see ya. I'll still be putting in a few hours on my 80 off-server, but I figure I should be up to speed within a few days to start tagging along with the rest of ya. :^:

Awesome. What times do you usually play?

JonnyBot on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Probably from 2AM - 8AM PST is the window I'll be working with for a while, it should flip-flop to something more average soon though. :X

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Probably from 2AM - 8AM PST is the window I'll be working with for a while, it should flip-flop to something more average soon though. :X

Ah ok. I'm either at work during that time or asleep. Well if you find yourself playing a bit earlier or later, I really want to level a character with your priest.

JonnyBot on
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok, more stupid questions. Sorry- I haven't paid attention to WoW for a while.

I know you need a character at (IIRC) 55 to be able to create a DK. Can you make any number of DK's on that server at that point? Or just one?

I know this guild being set up is for Alliance, was wondering if there was a PvE Horde PA guild too.

Thanks again!

ringswraith on
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    As far as I remember, you can only have 1 DK per server and you can only create the DK on servers in which you have a character 55+

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    man, I would be all over a PA horde guild.

e: is the character list in the OP up to date? I was thinking of making either a Paladin or a Shammy.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • lazegamerlazegamer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is the only difference between this new guild and all of the already existing alliance PA guilds on Dark Iron, that this one is on a PvE server? Seems a trivial thing...

lazegamer on
    Down with O.P.P.
    edited December 2008
    Not really.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Is the only difference between this new guild and all of the already existing alliance PA guilds on Dark Iron, that this one is on a PvE server? Seems a trivial thing...

Actually, it is a fundamental change into your entire experience. With battlegrounds, Arenas, etc. I don't see the point of PvP servers for me personally. I don't care enough about it to take advantage of it. I'd just wind up getting annoyed, griefed, etc.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    lazegamer wrote: »

Actually, it is a fundamental change into your entire experience. With battlegrounds, Arenas, etc. I don't see the point of PvP servers for me personally. I don't care enough about it to take advantage of it. I'd just wind up getting annoyed, griefed, etc.

As someone who doesn't gank, the only thing about pvp server is being ganked. And only certain classes are good at avoiding that.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So what are peoples levels at right now? I saw mention of level 22 and such...

What's needed at this point? As long as it's not a rogue I will play anything.

Did I hear someone say that there was a queue? Does this happen on a consistent basis?

Shawnasee on
  • skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Have not seen a queue at all. We are a bit caster heavy, lots of paladins and warlocks. But we take whatever you want to play as. This is the first time for me playing a shaman past 14 and I have been having so much fun running through instances. The fact that I am decked out all in blues probably does not hurt.

But don't worry about starting now and not catching up some of us usually will go back and help people through quests. Our level spread is from 32 all the way down to 5.

skorch on
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have personally not seen a queue yet, though I'm EST so I tend to get on earlier than the rest of the server. I don't think you'll encounter queues except on weekends at prime-time, and it still shouldn't be too bad.

Right now, outside of transfers and DKs, our highest members are around 24-30. There's still quite a few people in the teens, and about a dozen <10, but at the moment it remains to be seen who's going to be on more than occasionally. Plus, we've had more than a few people changing their minds and rolling a different class, so you shouldn't worry about finding people to level with.

We've got quite a few people now, so every class should be covered. We had a shortage of healers before, but some of our newer members have filled in the gaps a bit there. Really, just choose what makes you happiest, we're pretty casual at the moment.

Mars on
    edited December 2008
    One word of caution we have two members of your guild who have an unhealthy obsession with picking herbs. But they keep us supplied in pots and glyphs so we turn a blind eye to their addiction.

skorch on
  • langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    man, I would be all over a PA horde guild.

e: is the character list in the OP up to date? I was thinking of making either a Paladin or a Shammy.

I too am more interested in playing a PVE Horde guild, as stated in my earlier posts in this thread. Perhaps you can lead us to a new Horde filled glory! We could even do it on the same server and meet the current guild and have dance contests or something.

langfor6 on
    edited December 2008
    Making a toon tonight.

Don't know why there is a restriction on DK's to the server your 55+ is on. Any talk of that being lifted?

I'll check the site out when I get home.

Shawnasee on
    edited December 2008
    The patch on the ptr lifts the restriction on DK creation.

skorch on
    edited December 2008
    OK, so Grizzly Hills, one of the new servers, has finally opened up. It's PvE and EST. I think I am going to roll horde there.

I'm sorry guys, but I've done Alliance to the death. And there really isn't a reason for me to do it again on a PST server that isn't new. Some of my favorite memories come from hitting the level cap on a fresh server.

Anyhow, I'm going to roll a BE paladin on Grizzly Hills named Kancho. Or a Shaman named KrunkMcGrunk.

Look me up if you are interested in playing Horde.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I may transfer one of my old Alliance 70's over and then create a Human DK to play for shits and giggles.

Wavechaser on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I was one of seven Blood Elves riding the level wave when Raveholdt dropped. It was a fucking rush but also a fucking grind. I ended up dropping out at 67, but one of my guildmates (Gilgar?) would be among the first Blood Elves on the server to ding 70. D:

Good luck over there, Krunk. Hope you get some company. :^:

As for the level question, I logged off with my Priest about to ding 8 ... I'll probably push her through to 10 or 12 tonight, the beginning of Westfall is basically an XPgasm.

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    OK, so Grizzly Hills, one of the new servers, has finally opened up. It's PvE and EST. I think I am going to roll horde there.

I'm sorry guys, but I've done Alliance to the death. And there really isn't a reason for me to do it again on a PST server that isn't new. Some of my favorite memories come from hitting the level cap on a fresh server.

Anyhow, I'm going to roll a BE paladin on Grizzly Hills named Kancho. Or a Shaman named KrunkMcGrunk.

Look me up if you are interested in playing Horde.

I have a 70 undead warlock I want to transfer over... but I'm on PST and my biggest complaint about my WoW experience is always getting into a guild that does things on EST.

ringswraith on
    edited December 2008
    I honestly probably won't play my shammy/paladin that often. I am fairly casual now, so don't sweat it.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    I may transfer one of my old Alliance 70's over and then create a Human DK to play for shits and giggles.

If it's just for the DK you could wait for 3.0.8 assuming this gem stays in the patch notes:
    Players may now create death knights on any realm once they reach level 55.

Unless I'm reading it incorrectly.

danx on
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    unhealthy obsession with herbs? that's preposterous, i don't have to pick them! it's just....they're so shiny...and precious.....must pick herbs.....nomnomnom

anyhow -- please come join us! the guild is growing at a fantastic rate. just now, we finished corpse running into RFC so the "dungeon crew" could get that one done [we've been screenshotting each dungeon as we do it -- starting with DM. We felt bad that RFC got left out].

But, yeah, healers are always wanted. we've got a bunch of 'tanks' [i mean, we're < 30, are we 'tanks' already?] coming up -- but if that's what you want to do, don't let numbers discourage you! Roll what you want!

planetes42 on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well if that little bit about any server stays in the patch I will make a dwarf dk there. Still just swamped on my main farming mats, heriocs and such. But that will probably level out in a while, probably around patch time.

Glad to here you guys are still rolling around though.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2008
    btw -- i've not gotten caught in a queue but once. i was the one upset about it earlier :)

planetes42 on
    edited December 2008
    You guys are going to laugh at me, but I learned a valuable lesson during RFC. The lag spikes I get sometimes is going to make me a piss poor healer.

JonnyBot on
  • RavynBlackheartRavynBlackheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I know I'm not very active on the boards but I wanna join in on the fun! I'll be rolling a gnome on Draenor here in a few!

Just rolled my Gnome Warlock Rinke!

RavynBlackheart on
    edited December 2008
    Who ever was Kennalay we can invite you now.

skorch on
    edited December 2008
    Anyone know when the next patch hits? The "create DK anywhere" line is very appealing.

Also, weird question but- I was trying to get into account management on the website earlier, and I couldn't log in. I know my password, so I'm thinking- am I unable to log in because my account isn't active? I canceled a few months ago. (I'm just a bit worried that my account might have been hacked.)

ringswraith on
    edited December 2008
    skorch wrote: »

Be right there

Shawnasee on
    edited December 2008
    Nevermind he logged off.

Crap

skorch on
    edited December 2008
    glad to have ya Rinke!!

and don't wait for DK's -- you'll be lonely at 55 anyhow. Come roll a new guy and make friends along the way. There's still tons of people in the 1-20 range. There's only like 5-10 of us 20+. I've been having so much fun because of being a brand new lowb. The Siren Calls!!!

planetes42 on
    edited December 2008
    Shawnasee wrote: »

Be right there

Note to anyone who can invite, send one to Kennalay when you get a chance. They have gotten the run around with getting an invite.

skorch on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just missed him by like 5 seconds.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
    edited December 2008
    Shawnasee wrote: »

Be right there

Note to anyone who can invite, send one to Kennalay when you get a chance. They have gotten the run around with getting an invite.

there's only 2 people that can invite :(

planetes42 on
    edited December 2008
    So bringing it back around I'm going to try leveling a mage. I'm going to hit it hard this weekend and try to catch up. Anyone got any pointers for leveling strategies since I'm probably going to go at this solo?

JonnyBot on
    edited December 2008
    pick one class and play it for a couple days in a row :):):)

i kid i kid...sort of :lol:

planetes42 on
    edited December 2008
    He has altitis like me. Well had before this shaman.

skorch on
    edited December 2008
    it's true.

ok, enough messing around -- time to go finish my endeavor!

Success!! I am a fishing diplomat! Screw you Org Guards....screw you.

planetes42 on
This discussion has been closed.