As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    As soon as the new patch goes live. I will be joining you guys on Draenor. ^^

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Steev the Draenei Mage is born and will be ready to join the guild next time I'm online.

SteevL on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am actually enjoying this quite a lot. I always liked being in a guild with people my level, rather than being a low-level in a raiding guild.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I can't wait to start out on Draenor. Gotta buy WoTLK and a subscription card, but, soon as I do, you know where I'll be at.

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Red GearRed Gear Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I recently re-installed WoW after a year or less break. I'm really enjoying getting back into it, but since all my characters are in the middle out outland... there isnt a whole lot of grouping to be found... except for DKs everywhere. PVE Grouping has always been what appealed to me the most in an MMO, and I'd been considering re-rolling alliance. I've actually got a 13 draenei warrior sitting on Lightninghoof that I'd bee willing to transfer over to join you guys, but I'd also be really interested in starting a priest, as healers are my favorite type of class to play. I'm assuming either a tank or a healer would be readily accepted?

Red Gear on
    Gon_v3_cvr_300.jpg

BRAWL FC: 0516 6975 3419
    Pokeymanz FC:5327 6840 5195
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i'm pretty sure no one in any guild ever would turn someone down that said "healers are my favorite type of class to play" -- we are definitely not the exception!

but really -- play what you want to play -- we're so new there are no "defined" roles yet -- you have a chance to "recreate" yourself and be whoever you want. If that person is ahealer, you'll have no lack of support from us! Then again, if you wanted to be a mage/druid/warrior/.../...., you'd still have no lack of support.

planetes42 on
    edited December 2008
    Well I went ahead and made a priest on Draenor while I'm waiting for my warrior to transfer, if I end up playing him much at all anyway. The names Olgum, and I'd be glad to join the guild. I'm actually pretty excited to have some regular guild chat going again.

Red Gear on
    Gon_v3_cvr_300.jpg

• JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    God patching is taking forever. My wife is not allowed to touch this computer ever again.

JonnyBot on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i think im gonna have to play a shaman..as much as im not good at being a healer / back up healer i just love their mechanic. I rember playing a druid and could never get one to lvl 10 i just didn't like the way they played.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    All right, I'm in. Never found a WoW guild that was worth a shit socially in 4 rerolls but have had good luck with other PA groups. Be warned that I'm super-casual and going to go on vacation on a week. Maybe I will make it a goal to hit 30 by the end of January or something.

Guess I'm going to go shaman as I want to smack things in the face and have the option to heal at endgame. I do love the draenei starting area.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hoooo-ah

My hunter is level 13!

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm up for this, It'll be a week or two since I'm currently in the process of leaving Iraq for the states. Any class that's needed more than others? I know it's a fairly laid back kinda thing, but if you had to pick what would it be?

Hey that's my excuse.

Bikkstah on
    edited December 2008
    oh yeah and a question, what time zone are most folks? I noticed server time seems to be 4 hours behind me, which isnt really much of a problem since I'm awake till ungodly hours of the night, but just thought I'd ask. Also, rocketing through the newbie zone. Will most likely make it past 10 on this new guy before I log tonight.

Red Gear on
    Gon_v3_cvr_300.jpg

edited December 2008
    great to hear you guys are in! Did you get ginvites yet?

planetes42 on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    okay, jerks. I'd been meaning to roll a hunter, so I made one on draenor.

Man, I wish I could buy artifact loots for myself >.<

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Crap, everyone is rolling Hunters now? I made an Orc Hunter on Sargeras on a whim... and suddenly I'm like lvl 12. So I was thinking that hey, maybe it'd be fun to make a Draenei Hunter for the Clawshrimps...

D:

aunsoph on
    edited December 2008
    dude, do it! we'll always take more hunters [or shamans/druids/mages....]

planetes42 on
    edited December 2008
    ill be up and running here in a couple hours, im downloading the patch right now, and since I got crappy internets its taking some time. hopefully will be up and running by noon.

Nm, it seems that i didn't relize the patch histroy for this was 2 gigs worth of info its going to be another day :( sonfa bitch.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm thinking of rolling on Draenor for a change of pace. You guys low on healing/tanks like most guilds or is DPS needed?

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I know we don't have any druids and barely any priests. We have a lot of paladins and one shaman though. Only one mage really also. DPS may be a good idea, check out our armory page to see: http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Draenor&n=Clawshrimp%20and%20Co&p=1

A few won't be shown on there (seems like at least 10) because they are below 10th level, but it will give you an idea of what we have.

Nitsua on
    edited December 2008
    Yep -- still 0 druids. There is one in guild (Karolly), but he is an alt of a guy that has no intention of levelling him anytime soon [the only reason he's still there is cause he was part of the RFC night, so he was kept for posterity].

planetes42 on
    edited December 2008
    Well, I had fun playing my mage all day yesterday, bringing him up to level 20. I created him Saturday night and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. He's not the first mage I've made, but he may very well be the first mage who makes it past level 30. Now that I've got clearcasting up to 10%, I'm starting on the frost tree. Usually I've gone fire, so this will be a nice change. Hopefully I pick the "right" talents. :)

I didn't really get to group up with any of you guys, but now that I'm out of the Draenei zones, I'm sure it'll happen more often. I'll be ready to do the Deadmines sometime this week. Actually, I could probably be ready tonight, depending on how much time I have when I get home from work. I just got the Defias Brotherhood quest.

Unfortunately, it'll probably be a while until I can play as much as I did yesterday.

SteevL on
    edited December 2008
    you were a house afire with that mage. Looking forward to having another person for the 'dungeon crew'. We'll definitely get you any and all runs that we can fit in!

planetes42 on
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Couldn't get to Draenor after Friday Night...had Super Group Saturday on City of Heroes and I am obsessed with getting my 73 DK her mining skill up to Cobalt levels( makes me sick to ride by them nodes) so I spent all Sunday doing that.

I'm the level 2 on the above list though.

And when I was counting classes the other night it seemed that we had shit tons of priests and warriors. 6 of each as I recall. Can't remember if any were above level 10 though.

Shawnasee on
    edited December 2008
    Depending on how things are going within the next month, I might even transfer my 78 priest and 62 death knight to Draenor since I don't know anyone on my old server anymore and it's also PVP, which I was never a big fan of.

SteevL on
    edited December 2008
    im 30 meg away from finaly being patched , that was a hell of alot more complicated then it needed to be.

Draeven on

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Great SM runs last night. Destroyed the place. Busy with work for the next few days but looking forward to some carnage in the Cath. Also looking forward to testing out my shiny new axe.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • MorrigahnMorrigahn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've gotten tired of PvP gankage, and so have a bunch of my friends. We may be wanting to join you soon if you'll have us... I want to switch to a PvE server and wanted to find a guild of cool people to do pick-up-group stuff with so I was very happy to see this thread.

I'm a 70 priest who actually enjoys being a healbot, and if I can convince them to move there will be another 5 or so level 70+ characters coming over too of several different classes. We're very casual (day jobs, etc) but we do like to do instances and had started doing heroics and working through Kara before we lost too many guildies, so we don't completely suck. =)

Does Draenor get stuck with bad queues since it's a high population server?

Morrigahn on
    edited December 2008
    Hey Morrigahn -- great to hear your interest!
    I've only been impacted by server queues once and it was very short. I don't think it's a common occurrence.

Just to warn you -- if you bring over 70's you guys are going to be lonely for a while. Only our GM is 70+. Most everyone else is 10-30. This could be a golden opportunity for you to reroll and try a new class :)

If you do decide to bring over the 70's, you're more than welcome! Just give us a month or two to catch up and we'll be running the new content in no time.

planetes42 on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey, Morrigahn! We'd be glad to have you! I hope one of your friends is a Druid, we still don't have any people with a druid for their main char.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • MorrigahnMorrigahn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well we're pretty lonely at the moment as it is (most of us are in a guild .... of just us!) and it's nice to have people to chat with even if they're not high level.

There's one of us who is a full-time Druid, but she's 100% feral. I think there might be another one or two though, depending on which characters come over.

Morrigahn on
    edited December 2008
    good deal -- just put up a post or something when y'all want to come over and I'll make sure to be online. There's usually an officer on anyhow, so just check the OP for who to contact.

planetes42 on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just a reminder to all Clawshrimp members: Hop on PA Vent when you play! It's much more fun that way. Just join one of the various WoW channels and put "Clawshrimp and Co" in your comment box. Also, don't forget to use our forums!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, we would be delighted to have you. Or shoot a tell to one of the following for an invite.

Llyth
    Blusella
    Eativ
    Bluesquishee
    Jaidan
    Madvillian

planetes, I finally brought over my 35 druid, I'm not sure what spec I'm going to go with. Maybe resto, and just power level through instances with my warrior. I'll check with you guys tonight to see what we need.

RedDawn on
    edited December 2008
    wahoo! the druid has arrived! I knew we'd get you eventually to come and run instances with us!

spec how you want, but know that I'm specced full-prot right now. Mad is ret, but has been healing our random instance adventures [mana efficiency? not so much].

Do you need a ginvite? I can hop on if you do.

planetes42 on
    edited December 2008
    um, I was just reading the front page and noticed Oboro got banned from the forums....anyone know what happened there? She had rolled up a priest with us "harpsichord", but i've not seen her on since she initially rolled.

planetes42 on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll go resto then. I invited myself, they are on different accounts.

As far as Oboro:
    Banned Oboro for failing to keep her personal drama off the forums.

RedDawn on
    edited December 2008
    uh oh -- you gonna join the squishees and dual box with us now too? In any case -- glad to have you aboard! First order of business: SM Cathedral :)

speaking of which, those two need to get out of RFC, they've been there for a week!

planetes42 on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    planetes42 wrote: »
    spec how you want, but know that I'm specced full-prot right now. Mad is ret, but has been healing our random instance adventures [mana efficiency? not so much].

Well, if I can continue the trend of being 5 or so levels above the instance's target level, we'll continue to be fine :lol:. But I do intend to go holy way, way down the line. But leveling as holy? Heh, not so much. Still, picking up a few odd bits of caster gear and spellpower stuff has helped considerably.

Nice work on the druid - should fill us out well. Morrigahn, hope to see you and your crew on sometime!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited December 2008
    I didn't even notice there was a forum on the guild page.

SteevL on
This discussion has been closed.