As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So. My account's back. I'm really happy with how quickly Blizzard fixed that. Props.

Anyhoo- Draenor server, right? I might roll a new toon there. I had a druid before, but I'm not too keen on leveling another one (took me forever to get my first one to 50- mostly because I solo'd the entire time). Now on the other hand if anyone plays late on PST and wouldn't mind grouping, I could do it.

Otherwise I'd likely roll a hunter. :)

ringswraith on
  • Options
    Rosie And JimRosie And Jim Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I rolled a human paladin and got up to level 15 over the weekend, though I still have to get a invite. I may transfer over a druid and hunter I have if this ball keeps rolling as well.

Look forward to playing with you dudes.

Rosie And Jim on
    And when the radio stars climbed up out of the floors to murder the medium that shot 'em 30 years before they said... Kill! Television! Kill! Television! Kill! Television!
    Armory XBL: ShaneJones004
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    draeven is at lvl 10 right now, I'm not sure if im gonnna stick to the draeni starting area or head to westfall, its a freaking trek as is but i know the area and its usualy good leveling from 12 to 16+
    I am so looking forward to instance runs, it was one of my favorite things to do when i was playing so, anyways laters.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Draeven wrote: »
    draeven is at lvl 10 right now, I'm not sure if im gonnna stick to the draeni starting area or head to westfall, its a freaking trek as is but i know the area and its usualy good leveling from 12 to 16+
    I am so looking forward to instance runs, it was one of my favorite things to do when i was playing so, anyways laters.

I love that it is much easier to get from Darnassus to Stormwind now then it used to be. So nice to be able to just hop on that boat and be in stormwind. So nice.

Seg on
  • Options
    planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rosie! No invite yet?? What's the char names -- we'll get you in posthaste.

Draeven -- draenai to westfall is crazy easy now -- boats go from SW to Auberdine

Rings -- roll what you want mano, we'd rather you actually lvl your guy than feel obligated to choose a class based on what we have right now. i'm sure there will be druids galore when we finally get to 80.

To all of you -- please hit up the guild forums: clawshrimpandco.guildomatic.com

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    oh, really ? well now isn't that nice of them :d

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I always suggest staying in the Draenei area because the quests and gear are so much better than the old world.

SteevL on
  • Options
    Rosie And JimRosie And Jim Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh, I just haven't asked for one yet due to laziness, my paladin is Shandace.

Rosie And Jim on
    And when the radio stars climbed up out of the floors to murder the medium that shot 'em 30 years before they said... Kill! Television! Kill! Television! Kill! Television!
    Armory XBL: ShaneJones004
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A lot of the old world areas have been upgraded in terms of quest progression.

My hunter did darkshore up to level 17 or so, cause I was there and I hadn't done it in a while, and they've added a couple quest chains that really help it out.

The gear is still shit, but whatever. I can live with two less agility on my gloves.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Good times last night with Llyth running 4 of us through the Deadmines. I think we did it in about 10 minutes. I guess technically "we" didn't do anything; Llyth just ran forward, gathered up as many Defias chumps as he could, and then one-shot AOE'd them. I got all my quests done there.

I definitely won't be on much today due to working late.

SteevL on
  • Options
    Red GearRed Gear Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SteevL wrote: »
    Good times last night with Llyth running 4 of us through the Deadmines. I think we did it in about 10 minutes. I guess technically "we" didn't do anything; Llyth just ran forward, gathered up as many Defias chumps as he could, and then one-shot AOE'd them. I got all my quests done there.

I definitely won't be on much today due to working late.

occasionally one or two of you would pull aggro and I'd have to throw a renew on you while Llyth just kept flying through the whole instance

Red Gear on
    Gon_v3_cvr_300.jpg

BRAWL FC: 0516 6975 3419
    Pokeymanz FC:5327 6840 5195
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It was definitely a "train of pain" as he put it.

SteevL on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, those are always fun. I've run that instance so many times, as soon as I zone in I am on auto pilot. Having titan grip only makes it faster. Glad you guys got your quests done.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    did y'alls high lvl character transfer ever go though?

planetes42 on
  • Options
    MorrigahnMorrigahn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    planetes42 wrote: »
    did y'alls high lvl character transfer ever go though?

For me and jokasta: A few middle-level characters have been moved. Our two 70's should show up by the weekend if not before.

For the other people on my pvp server I'm trying to steal over to draenor: I've gotten tentative support for two other people to move their high levels over, but I don't know when they'll do it. I'm still waiting to hear on two more, and a final two have said they're not currently playing WoW but if they come back they'll gladly join us.

Morrigahn on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    im having connection issues, i think my router keeps "flickering" and then i lag out and it wont let me do / say anything and nothing loads.

Draeven on

• Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I haven't been on the past few days because of some personal stuff, and probably won't be on much for at least the next week. Hopefully I won't be too far behind in leveling by then.

Man, I really hate levels 20-30, though. Hopefully things become generally more fun once I'm past that area.

Mars on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    don't worry about it mano -- we're up to 49 people in guild now! There's plenty of new people trickling in so you'll have plenty of people to group with all the way through.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well now that you guys sucked me in, I'm coming to the hardest part. Picking professions. I'm thinking herb/alch because mixology is dead sexy. But I might go double gathering to rake in the money and then later go back and level alch. Decisions.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    glad to have you aboard!

just saying: we still don't have an active Jewelcrafter.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You know, I'm really liking inscription so far. It's nice being able to make stuff at a low level that's actually useful. If any of you need a glyph or something, just ask me to link my inscription skill and pick something out. [strike]Scrolls of recall come in handy and are basically a second hearthstone you can use every 20 minutes, for example[/strike]. Oops, those handy things are apparently only for people with the profession. :(

Right now I don't have the mats for some of the newer glyphs I've learned, but that should resolve itself once I start heading to the Wetlands/Arathi Highlands/Hillsbrad/parts of Ashenvale, etc. I need to mill herbs for the inks for these things.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Speaking of professions: I got the recipie for Mithril Shield Spikes and put a couple in the GB. Dunno if anyone else is lvling prot, but that's a nice little boost in dmg every time you block.

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'll be doing jewelcrafting with Kozak and will level it as fast as I can get mats.

I have to agree on the inscription. Definitely a fun profession.

Morrigahn on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Morrigahn wrote: »
    I'll be doing jewelcrafting with Kozak and will level it as fast as I can get mats.

I have to agree on the inscription. Definitely a fun profession.

I'll be doing Jewelcrafting too! The BoE stuff you get at early levels is pretty darn good.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    saweet! this gives us the full suite of professions now!

unfortunately, our "guild enchanter" went on vacation until after the new year -- so no green shiny text for new gear for a while :(

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    saweet! this gives us the full suite of professions now!

unfortunately, our "guild enchanter" went on vacation until after the new year -- so no green shiny text for new gear for a while :(

My main (morrigahn) is an enchanter and tailor. She'll be showing up by the weekend I hope. She's got everything you need through 375!

Morrigahn on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, do any of you dudes need a gnomergan run and want to try and arrange a time? I want those dungarees, and finding a pug for it seems impossible.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, as I mentioned in guild chat last night, I'm planning to run VC tonight around 7-7:30 PST. Anyone who thinks they might enjoy watching someone learn to heal before their very eyes should come along.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Peator is leveling jc too, im doing it slowly as is. Also, im down foer that vc run , should have the qeust up to where i need it by then.

Draeven on

• Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Go go Warlock whoo! Seriously I'm running out of classes.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    at least you're not running out of names....

planetes42 on
  • Options
    ociousocious Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Alright alright back from vacation. I am the Draenai mage named Discontent. I will be on tonight for a couple hours then again a little this weekend.

ocious on
    Life is a ____ , depending on how you dress her.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Grats to Ocious (Discontent) -- our 50th MEMBER!!!

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    wooot!

Draeven on

• Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Think I'm going to transfer my pally over to join you guys.

Hope to see you soon!

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    RavynBlackheartRavynBlackheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    How many locks do we have in guild now? Seems like a lot, lol.

RavynBlackheart on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Thanks for the chuckle.

Seg on
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just out of curiosity, how easily are you herbalism people able to unload stacks on the AH at roughly the listed price on Draenor? Cause I was looking at it today, and prices are much higher relative to ore than I've ever seen. Enough to make me think about a gathering career change.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Seg wrote: »

Thanks for the chuckle.

Oh ha ha ha.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just a warning to anyone with skinning. Now this may change at the higher end but as of now I can't give the leather away, well except to guildies. But more often than not my stacks of leather just sit there for the full 48 hours. So just a precaution don't expect skinning to be a low level money maker, take mining.

skorch on
This discussion has been closed.