As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone having this issue with the NXE?

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, OmeganautRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited December 2008 in Games and Technology
My wife and I both have gold Live accounts. Ever since we got the NXE, she can't play the XBLA games we've downloaded unless I'm logged in. Yes, they were bought on my Live account, but she was always able to play them with just her own account before.

We tried re-downloading the games, we tried deleting and re-downloading the games, we tried deleting the gamertags and the games and then recovering the gamertags and the games.

Anyone have this issue and possibly have a resolution?

BLM - ACAB
The Geek on

• Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Has your hardware changed at all recently?

That sounds like the 'they didn't switch console id's right' problem people usually have when they get replacement consoles, though I don't really know why that would have been triggered by the NXE

Gdiguy on
  • Options
    AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Haven't heard of anything like this, but you should be able to play LIVE Arcade games using any account on the system they were originally purchased on. You would only need to be logged in to play if it was on a different console, so that's really weird.

Avenrosh on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Gdiguy wrote: »
    Has your hardware changed at all recently?

That sounds like the 'they didn't switch console id's right' problem people usually have when they get replacement consoles, though I don't really know why that would have been triggered by the NXE

I got my second red-ring fixed box back several months before the NXE update, but I wasn't having the issues until the NXE update.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You could see if that is indeed the problem by pulling out your network cord to disconnect it from the Internet, then trying to launch an XBLA game. If it doesn't launch without being online it sounds like the DRM is screwy and you could try using that license transferal tool.

Course, you can only use that once a year, so you want to make sure first.

freakish light on