As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hope, happiness and FFFFFFFFF

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Happy: Tanked herioc violet hold with one of my favorite healers, couple of my favorite dps and a pug 'lock. All in all was going well till we got to the second boss. Of all the luck we got the voidwalker guy, the one with the shadowshift debuff. I didn't have to time to really explain the fight since two of the people had never been there, add shadowbolt army spawns and we wipe. Go back through a second time and I explain the boss and boom full clear no deaths. Still like instance and the trash even on the second time through still gives rep.

Hate: Ice on my car in the mornings, screw that stuf.

Damn awesome:
    Did the quest in Icecrown where you play as Arthas slaughtering the Alliance at the broken front. God that was so freaking cool.

The best is doing that quest, and having a horde pop into phase just as you complete it.
    My arthas killed his arthas.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Dinged 80 last night.

Just weird: Still only working on quests in Zul'Drak, having even skipped Grizzly Hills.

Bleh: Didn't have enough to continue a naxx run tonight that started earlier in the week. Thus,

Happy: Goin' to my first naxx-10 run tomorrow!

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Did 10-man Sarth today, whee.

Hate: Second day in a row I couldn't get a Heroic Gundrak group. There's only two pre-raid upgrades left in the game for me, and they both drop off the same stupid guy in the same stupid instance. I was able to get it daily for almost a week -- but never saw either -- and now I can't even find a group for it. It's frustrating!

Hope: Second week of a wasted 10-man raidlock in Naxx, hopefully this third week I'll actually win a roll on something, or win something in some other raid content. I want something to be proud of that you don't need to browse my achievements page to see. :(

Oboro on
    words
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Ding 79. Leveling 70-79 has been much faster then 60-69 was.

Hope: I hit 80 before the Winter Holiday event starts.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: After getting a bit of the "lolrogue" impression from population/desire towards DKs the other day and nearly shelving mine, I've found it's really not an issue for the most part. Been running multiple heroics a day, gotten a couple guild invites, gotten some epics, and did a 25 man VoA tonight. (Wow that place is a joke. Though I guess as a followup for a PvP zone an easy PvE boss and some PvP gear is fitting.)

The heroic PUG I was in earlier did the timed Strath (no drake for me~), DTK, then ended up 4-manning Anub'Rhekan after the feral dps disconnected. Gogo shaman healers.

Hate: No idea how I'm ever going to get my tank set. There are so many war/dk/pals out there and they're usually the tank, so it's really tough to get a heroic tanking set together. I think I'm at like 510 now. So far to go.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    VoA?
    I have seen far to many healing shamans that kind of suck that is why would like to know why? but then I really don't see many elemental or resto shamans since the 3.0 patch

Brainleech on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    VoA?

The wintergrasp raid. Vault of Archevon or whatever.

Oh yeah, Happy: Got my Bronze Drake.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hate: That my friends don't apparently have jobs....or pressing school assignments or SOMETHING...

Let me explain...
    20041231h.jpg

This is how I fucking feel right now. My account is down until finals are over, so I haven't played at ALL really.

I go over to their dorm and my friends are like "Arch come check this out! I have TWO dragon mounts! AND THREE bear mounts! Oh yea and look at all my AWESOME gear now! OH YEA I also have a motorcycle! LOOK HOW BADASS I AM! Oh look I can actually play as Arthas now!"

The worst part of it is this- I run with a fairly tight 10-man guild, 7 out of the 10 people are guys from my school that I know and have been friends with since college started. ALL summer I talked about how once WOTLK hit I was ditching my priest for a DK so I could off-tank. They were all "It's cool we got a bunch of healers and a lot of us rerolled healer alts (which are now 70 etc)".
    HOWEVER
    Two of those people (A resto shammy and resto druid) decided that they were going to reroll mains as Death Knights.

So now I keep getting badgered about "Hey when are you gettin back on to level your priest we really need some heals for Naxx" when TWO healers who obviously had the time to level (their Death Knights are now 80) abandoned healing.

So now it's me and another priest as the only guild healers and I am not dependable enough!

I wanted to reroll a DPS class so if I couldn't make raids it would still be ok!

Worst part will be DOING Naxx and watching the one or two DK spots go to assholes that don't have a life. (One of the guys dropped out of college last semester and doesn't have a job and lives with his parents)

Best part? Their response to this is "Really man chill out. I mean you could have logged on and leveled a DK to 80 before them! You weren't dedicated enough so the DK spots go to Tank and Spank (names changed olol)"

YEA IM NOT DEDICATED ENOUGH WITH MY 19 CREDIT HOURS AND MY JOB OBVIOUSLY I SHOULD PLAY WOW AND FAIL ALL MY CLASSES AND QUIT MY JOB

I'm sorry if I am rambling at this point but I am MAD

I wanted to raid as a death knight! I am sick of getting texts/calls at work asking "Dude where are you we need to do the heroic daily we need heals!"

tl;dr- Losers with no life take my raid spots and leave the guy with MASSIVE amounts of real life responsibilities to be one of two main heals for the "guild"

Arch on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Delete/transfer your priest. That'll show em!

-SPI- on
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Defect and switch to WAR.
    WAR is more endgame casual friendly.
    The end is OPEN-PVP like AV in WOW.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Farmed all of my consumables during server dead time for lack of anything better to do

consumableskv4.png

bag on the left is the greens and everything I skinned up in the process of farming all that goddamn meat (200 pieces, I skipped 40 Worg Haunches for +40 Haste food because I don't have enough spices at the moment, and I don't have fishing so Snapper Extreme is omitted)

Oboro on
    words
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: I love level 80, heriocs are fun. Wintergrasp is a blast to play, better than pvp in Warhammer actually. I like finishing up my quest achievements.

Hate: The lack of healers at my time makes getting a herioc even as a tank a pain in the ass. Spent an hour today trying to find one healer, any healer. 5 minutes after we disband the group and I am leaving to grab dinner instead I get a tell for a healer. Where were you 5 minutes ago? 10 minutes ago? 1 hour ago? I want to get badges, gear and such but I swear the world is against me. Some times.

Other Hate: I have no interest in play my warlock, he was my second 70. He has better gear than my warrior did when I started leveling him, maxed professions from 70 (375 herbs and pots), good amount of gold and so on. Also use to be my favorite class. I think finally after 4 years I am done with warlocks. I find this strange and rather amusing. 2 years a human lock and then a year or so as a undead lock. Oh well.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2008
    Dis wrote: »
    Defect and switch to WAR.
    WAR is more endgame casual friendly.
    The end is OPEN-PVP like AV in WOW.

My problem with Warhammer is it does not feel like Warhammer
    The High Elves and Dwarfs like each other? The Human dwarf connection is understandable because of Sigmar but the war of the beard soured the relations between elves and dwarfs.
    I can understand the alliance of Chaos-Orcs-Dark Elves: loot, tons of things to burn and to kill

War is fun when you have people to play with but I play at night and I see few to no one on

I do thank the Candymancers it was nice to get the Judged title from one of your Witch Hunters

I still have no idea what I am doing in that game at times

Brainleech on
    edited December 2008
    Since I had the dreadmist pants drop I moved onto the next part of the chain the Three Kings of Flame

I asked if anyone was interested in doing UBRS for the Jenkins title because I cannot get the boss to work by myself
    I got 3 death knights and a fury warrior
    We blew through the Instance up to Rend then all three Death Knights want to do BWL. I told them we need a healer and more people because the last time I did Blackwing was over two years ago and it was hard with 40 people

After explaining the fight 3 times {I only know it as a rogue} Other than confirming it's still a chaotic fight. I found out you need more than 5 people for that fight

Brainleech on
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hate: PUGs that wipe in The Nexus. seriously, this place seems pretty damn easy if you have half a brain. Unfortunately I can't do everything myself!

On Anomalous, what part of "Kill the rifts!" do DPS not understand? it's no different than Shaffar's beacons back in Mana Tombs. it's not a hard mechanic to get down!

or, when we finally wiped on Keistraza. more of these PUG melee need to learn what "Cleave" and "Tail Swipe" are. ie. DONT STAND IN FRONT OF OR BEHIND A DRAGON

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008
    Happy!: Tested my food/elixir buff combinations. 'Self-buffed,' my Rogue is Expertise-capped and at the soft cap for Hit rating (9%, ~315). :D

Oboro on
    words
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hate: PUGs that wipe in The Nexus. seriously, this place seems pretty damn easy if you have half a brain. Unfortunately I can't do everything myself!

I had a tank that couldn't figure out that he had to move on the last boss and got shitty at the healer today.
    :|

Rizzi on
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »

I had a tank that couldn't figure out that he had to move on the last boss and got shitty at the healer today.

Yeah, It's sad when they can't understand something as simple as don't stand still. even the rogue who got tail swiped understood THAT part. the Hunter and tank however, didn't.

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »

Because he will not jump? or either of them jumping?

Brainleech on
  • LaurlunaLaurluna Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Awesome: Got Patchwerk on 25-man down!! We ended up calling last night at Thaddius. Had 2-3 retards in this raid group that couldn't do a Polarity Shift for anything.

Seething Rage: Those morons won't be back in any raid I'm running. Mouth-breathing idiots couldn't even get out on Grobby when they had the disease.

Annoyed: Chillin' in Org waitin' on a buddy to cut some gems for him. I happen to be chillin' on my super awesome Mechano-hog. Some random 60-something sends me the following:

"U must have no life to be 80 and geered and have that motorcycle already."

I'm like "hi, you're lazy."

How is it my fault that someone isn't 80 yet? The game has been out long enough that playing for 2 hours a night should have gotten people to 80 by now. Someone still in thier mid-60s has no reason to be harassing me.

Giggled: Since this person appeared to know how much my bike cost, I went ahead and showed him the 21,000 gold I still have left over.

Laurluna on
    Being casually elitist in WoW since 2005.
    First Blood 85 Priest 80 Mage 85 Paladin 83 Druid 80 DK 85 Huntard 85 Shaman
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't get how people can't figure out Polarity Shifts seeing as thats the third time the mechanic has been used now. :(

815165 on
    edited December 2008
    Obsession!Hate: I can't stop angsting over the fact that the fucking Hunter in my 10-man Naxx PUG ('my' as in the one I organized and led) rolled against me, and won, on Omen of Ruin,: a best-in-slot dagger for me as far as 10-man raiding goes. Like, all of it. All of 10-man raiding -- that dagger's a best-in-slot for my Rogue.

And he rolled higher than me, and because I had said from the get-go that it was open roll, I fucking had to give it to him.

So, I saw the Runeblade of Demonstrable Power the other day and thought, "I bet this is better than any two one-handers that the Hunter could fucking find, ever, and it's just a fucking level 80 blue rep item."

And, well, tonight I was bored and actually went through and searched all of the one-handers I could find and I was absolutely right. There is no combination of two one-handed weapons, where one is [Omen of Ruin], that is better for a Hunter than the [Runeblade of Demonstrable Power].

I don't think this will stop gnawing at me until I see another one drop and (hopefully, knock on wood) win the roll. :x

EDIT: I only looked through 10-man content, it is possible I guess that [Omen of Ruin] plus some drop from Heroic Kel'thuzad is better than the [Runeblade of Demonstrable Power] but c'mon.

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    I don't get how people can't figure out Polarity Shifts seeing as thats the third time the mechanic has been used now. :(

I can understand if you did not see it in vanilla naxx but with the overall popularity of heroic mechenar there is no excuse

Even when I went to heroic mech a few days before the end of TBC there was people in the party who did not know

Brainleech on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

On Anomalous, what part of "Kill the rifts!" do DPS not understand? it's no different than Shaffar's beacons back in Mana Tombs. it's not a hard mechanic to get down!

or, when we finally wiped on Keistraza. more of these PUG melee need to learn what "Cleave" and "Tail Swipe" are. ie. DONT STAND IN FRONT OF OR BEHIND A DRAGON

I still have trouble believing that Keristrasza is the second or third-deadliest mob in WoW, behind Loken and sometimes Sapphiron or Slad'ron. Like, the fight mechanic is just "press space bar sometimes to not die." How is that even possible to screw up?

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FightTest wrote:
    Hate: No idea how I'm ever going to get my tank set. There are so many war/dk/pals out there and they're usually the tank, so it's really tough to get a heroic tanking set together. I think I'm at like 510 now. So far to go.

This. I'm at 506 myself, and hoping they bring out the suggested Sigil/Runeforge help soon.

Happy: OT'd Naxx regardless, after dpsing the night before. Spider and Plague wings clear, and DK wing as far as the 4 Horsemen.

Happy #2: Got Demise off Heigan to replace my EB rep sword.

Hate: levelling 2H maces from 1. Though it only took about a half hour to get to 385.

UnbrokenEva on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Arch wrote: »
    Hate

That really sucks, man. I would say just level your DK anyway, don't heal for them because they're demanding it, either of those other two ex-healers could be healing too. Of course it's easy for me to sit here and say "find a guild that isn't made up of jerks" but if it's RL people I guess that'd be harder to ditch. But don't relegate yourself to another expansion of healing if you don't actually want to heal.

Oboro wrote: »
    Obsession!Hate

Don't worry, you still have weeks (months? years?) until Ulduar to run ten-man Naxx aplenty.

Happy: My rogue friend nabbed me a spot in his heroic group and I got a few more achievements done last night. The hard ones are still left... most of Oculus, all of Nexus, some of Old Kingdom and Azjol... but at least it was something.

Other Happy: Kalu'ak exalted, finally.

Hate: Can't even equip the epic fishing pole because my fishing is still ~100 points away from 300. D:

riz on
    edited December 2008
    Charus wrote: »

I still have trouble believing that Keristrasza is the second or third-deadliest mob in WoW, behind Loken and sometimes Sapphiron or Slad'ron. Like, the fight mechanic is just "press space bar sometimes to not die." How is that even possible to screw up?

Because people have either used thier space bar for something else
    Or they play with the mouse only

Brainleech on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: finished the occulus drake void achievements tonight, by getting ruby and emerald at the same time. Fun spam in gchat for that one.

That leaves with me a pretty clear path to glory of the hero; I have 10 or so achievements left, but the only one that's really an obstacle is Going Down, and that's going to be nerfed here sometime soon.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited December 2008

She hits somewhat hard when she enrages. I'm going to guess that this mechanic, combined with the random group freezes/damage probably overwhelms most under-geared/snooze-button groups.

Laurluna on
    "Tardo Wan" sounds like a Jedi that required 436 years to train and then killed himself by looking into his lightsaber while turning it on."
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    815165 wrote: »

Well, for Mechanar you have three melee guys at most, so "keep away from everybody else" isn't hard to grasp.

On Thaddius, however, you need the buff from having equal-polarity players nearby. Suddenly mouthbreathers have a challenge of sticking to their polarity and not zapping half the raid.

We use the following tactic: at the pull when he activates, everybody stands in front of him. At the first polarity shift, the negatives go 90 degrees to the left and the positives 90 degrees to the right, placing the polarities on each side of him.

For all following polarity shifts, if you keep your current charge, you move 90 degrees to the left, if it changes to the opposite charge, you move 90 degrees to the right. Again, if everybody moves correctly the polarities will all be gathered on two sides of him.

Echo on
    edited December 2008
    Laurluna wrote: »

She hits somewhat hard when she enrages. I'm going to guess that this mechanic, combined with the random group freezes/damage probably overwhelms most under-geared/snooze-button groups.
    Yeah, I'd wager it's the Enrage more than anything. I had to stop using Vanish to break the root effect, because staying second on threat means that when she beats down the actual tank I can hold her with Evasion, in all likelihood, long enough to kill her. Even with good gear on both they and the healer, our tanks drop with damn good regularity on that Enrage.

Oboro on
    words
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Re: Thaddius hate

That's actually what caused the final straw in my hardcore raiding career pre-TBC. I was in what was supposedly a top-tier raid guild competing for server firsts. Then we get to Thaddius and we wipe for like 6 hours until 4:30am because people were too stupid to do it. We had a guy working on an addon to do it for you (aka it popped up a giant arrow pointing left or right) and until he got it working we just wiped continuously. What pissed me off is people outright refused to even TRY to do it. They just did what the (clearly broken at the time) mod told them to do. Over. And. Over.

So unless they changed something in the things they allow addons to do if you have no other hope I know back at 60 we had addons to tell stupid people which way to go. Just make everyone download that. (Kind of surprised DBM doesn't do it already if it doesn't.)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited December 2008
    I got the "Shocking" achievment on Beta in a 25-man PuG. We also got Safety Dance that night too.

I REFUSE to put up with people that cannot complete the Thaddius encounter. I watched very closely last night to see who was messing it up. They were the same people that couldn't complete the other "gimmicks" bosses throw at us. The one also died to Frogger every time but once.

He's not coming back.

Laurluna on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Laurluna wrote: »
    I got the "Shocking" achievment on Beta in a 25-man PuG. We also got Safety Dance that night too.

I REFUSE to put up with people that cannot complete the Thaddius encounter. I watched very closely last night to see who was messing it up. They were the same people that couldn't complete the other "gimmicks" bosses throw at us. The one also died to Frogger every time but once.

He's not coming back.

I miss the old combination of "Frogger +Snowballs".

Thomamelas on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I miss "afk'er golf" with snowballs.

Blizzard really should've left that in. Some of the best weeks of AV were when a dedicated person could clear out the afkave all on their own.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I miss "afk'er golf" with snowballs.

Blizzard really should've left that in. Some of the best weeks of AV were when a dedicated person could clear out the afkave all on their own.

:^:

Thomamelas on
    edited December 2008
    Hate: OH GOD PUG HEROIC OCULUS WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER EVEN DONE IT ON NORMAL #FFFFFF

Oboro on
    words
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Hate: OH GOD PUG HEROIC OCULUS WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER EVEN DONE IT ON NORMAL #FFFFFF

So what am I supposed to do with the green one now? Heal? Oh brb I fell out of the instance.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Tanked both troll instances last night.

lolwut?: I ran into a ret paladin with this build the other night. It made my head spin.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    ewww. I fucking hate when people skip group buff talents and I'm mildly miffed when i get a 2% BoK. Better than nothing I guess.

JJ on
This discussion has been closed.