As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hope, happiness and FFFFFFFFF

• -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Tanked both troll instances last night.

lolwut?: I ran into a ret paladin with this build the other night. It made my head spin.
    The fuck. The way he danced around all the talents that are so good that they're pretty much mandatory is mind boggling.

-SPI- on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »

lolwut?: I ran into a ret paladin with this build the other night. It made my head spin.
    The fuck. The way he danced around all the talents that are so good that they're pretty much mandatory is mind boggling.

I have a very hard time believing that is accurate.

Please tell me you made that up... for my own sanity...

Wavechaser on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Booyah!: Onyxia been good this week.

oraxo4.jpg

SabreMau on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »

Heh, I wish it were true.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited December 2008
    Now go solo Nef for the breastplate.

Wavechaser on
    edited December 2008

Heh, I wish it were true.

slashfacepalm slashheaddesk

Wavechaser on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Now go solo Nef for the breastplate.

Well, I did just go on that BWL PUG a few days ago. Just need them to decide that should be a weekly event. And for the RNG to decide that Judgement should drop once in a while.

Besides, I'd much rather have the Spaulders than the Breastplate. Tabard covers the latter up too much.

SabreMau on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Laurluna wrote: »
    I got the "Shocking" achievment on Beta in a 25-man PuG. We also got Safety Dance that night too.

I REFUSE to put up with people that cannot complete the Thaddius encounter. I watched very closely last night to see who was messing it up. They were the same people that couldn't complete the other "gimmicks" bosses throw at us. The one also died to Frogger every time but once.

He's not coming back.

We're having this severe conflict of interests lately re: stuff like this. Right before Wrath we had this big discussion on Vent about how we want to make the guild more friendly, and less hardcore, in the sense of not inviting douchebags to the guild just because we're desperate for shamans, and stuff like that. Some people took this to mean it's okay for people to be terrible, and it's okay for people to make zero effort to learn how their class works at 80 and gear themselves in heroics and such. And sure, fine, you want to be terrible and wear terrible gear, that's your business, and maybe we can drag your ass through heroic Naxx because there's enough of us who aren't like that to make up for it. But then we also do ten mans. And personally I don't want to do ten mans with people who can't learn to dance Heigan after seven attempts. There's this "you can't just take a set team to ten mans because it's not fair to others" argument going on and it pisses me off because I'd rather not do ten mans at all than wipe on Sapphiron for two hours or Malygos for three because a priest doesn't know where their CoH key is and someone else doesn't know that standing in blizzards is bad. They're glorified heroics at this point for a previously Sunwell-farming guild and I don't invite people to heroics who are going to make me have a not-fun time, so why do I have to invite them to ten mans...

riz on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Arch wrote: »
    Hate

I know how you feel. I want to raid as elemental, but our guild is lacking healers. Not to mention those that came back to the game when wrath came out after being gone for a year and somehow get raid spots. I'll be patient, though. In 3 months, those people will be distracted by a shiny piece of metal, and I can probably dps then. :P
    riz wrote: »
    Some people took this to mean it's okay for people to be terrible, and it's okay for people to make zero effort to learn how their class works at 80 and gear themselves in heroics and such.

Not that I don't agree with the rest of your post, but what the hell does that even mean? How do you propose they get good gear? Normals? BoE green? Vendor whites?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think it's funny that you people play with people you don't want to.

Wombat02 on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: runecloth prices are going back up, at least for now. Also since buying Cold Flying at 77, my Warlock has remade that 1000 gold.

Hope: If I can get 79-80 in Zul'Drak, that means I'll have all of Icecrown/Storm Peaks/Sholazar Basin for pure money gathering. I just might get epic flying. :)

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited December 2008
    I think your face is funny.

Wavechaser on
  • FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hate: Massive drama surrounding my raid group joining the PAA on dark iron. I'm actually in a PAA guild already, so I'm going to end up typing obscenely long forum posts on why it's a good idea, and what we would get out of it. Why is doing that so much easier than writing essays I need to for my finals :(

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh no. Oh no no no.

I just found out about the Master Poisoner bug. I specced out of it immediately, and ... my DPS is hundreds of points worse. I can barely keep up 3000 now. I need to be getting lucky to sustain 3000. It would be unfair to say my DPS is, without some stacked buffs, any higher than 2600 now.

It was 3300-3600.

Oh no...

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008

What do you mean my face is funny? What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What? Funny how? What's funny about it? You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'd up maybe, but my face is funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f'n amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How is my face funny?

Wombat02 on
    edited December 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »

Well, the people I'm having a problem with were gone before I joined the guild, and came back when wrath came out...so...yeah.

Zython on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

What do you mean my face is funny? What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What? Funny how? What's funny about it? You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'd up maybe, but my face is funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f'n amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How is my face funny?

Mr Pesci wants his shtick back and these two gentlemen he brought with him would like to discuss an opportunity in the fine and noble profession of being a punching bag.

Thomamelas on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Zython wrote: »
    Hate

I know how you feel. I want to raid as elemental, but our guild is lacking healers. Not to mention those that came back to the game when wrath came out after being gone for a year and somehow get raid spots. I'll be patient, though. In 3 months, those people will be distracted by a shiny piece of metal, and I can probably dps then. :P
    Some people took this to mean it's okay for people to be terrible, and it's okay for people to make zero effort to learn how their class works at 80 and gear themselves in heroics and such.

Not that I don't agree with the rest of your post, but what the hell does that even mean? How do you propose they get good gear? Normals? BoE green? Vendor whites?

I'm guessing it was meant to be read "make zero effort to learn how their class works at 80 and [make zero effort to] gear themselves in heroics and such."

I kind of want to do see us go to static 10-man groups, if only because that seems like it'll be the only way for me to see the inside of 10-mans in anything but a trade channel pug from here on out. It's gone to Karazhan all over again, with the whole guild getting saved Thursday and Saturday while I'm at work and no possible 10-mans that could be formed at the end of the week.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: DING 80.
    FFFFFFFFF: Still soooo far away from epic flying.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
    edited December 2008
    Charus wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »
    Hate

I'm guessing it was meant to be read "make zero effort to learn how their class works at 80 and [make zero effort to] gear themselves in heroics and such."

OH! I get it now! Zero effort applies to gearing in heroics as well. English > me.

Edit: BB Code > me as well, it seems.

Zython on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Oh please. You mean to tell me that you play with strictly your best friends? Guys and gals you'd take a bullet for, and who in turn would shove you out of the way and take the bullet for you?

Any guild with more than 1 member is likely going to have personality conflicts of some kind at some point.

Guilds with 100+ members? Of course there'll be people you like working with more than others.

I'll bet even some of the 1 member guilds have conflicts from time to time.

Any guild big enough to field 25 man raids is big enough to have enough different personalities in it that someone, somewhere will dislike someone else for whatever reason, based on personality, questionable skill at certain game mechanics/encounters, or hell, because they have an annoying vent phoenetic.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, that sig reminds me that I want more Portal.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    edited December 2008
    Forar wrote: »

Oh please. You mean to tell me that you play with strictly your best friends? Guys and gals you'd take a bullet for, and who in turn would shove you out of the way and take the bullet for you?

Any guild with more than 1 member is likely going to have personality conflicts of some kind at some point.

Guilds with 100+ members? Of course there'll be people you like working with more than others.

I'll bet even some of the 1 member guilds have conflicts from time to time.

Any guild big enough to field 25 man raids is big enough to have enough different personalities in it that someone, somewhere will dislike someone else for whatever reason, based on personality, questionable skill at certain game mechanics/encounters, or hell, because they have an annoying vent phoenetic.

I didn't say it would be easy. But I read these forums all the time and no one really comes here to talk about how much they enjoy playing with idiots. With 10-mans you have the ability to do ever more difficult content without giving yourself an ulcer or dumping your complaints on a forum everyday to get rid of stress caused by a game.

I'm just saying give me one good reason to play a game, which is suppose to be for enjoyment, with people who make you angry or upset on a regular basis.

Wombat02 on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, that sig reminds me that I want more Portal.

Haha, I was just talking to someone after reading his sig and went, "I'm going to play portal this week"

Speaking of guilds, I joined a server to play with a friend and my little bro. He's not on too often right now as he's pretty busy. So I joined some random ass guild that invited me... actually some cool dudes in there so far.

Prospicience on
    edited December 2008

So it took me about 20 minutes, but I finally got the reference.

Is this where I say it's time for you to go home and get your fucking shinebox?

Wavechaser on
    edited December 2008

Yes, but that would result in me killing you. Soooo... let's skip that part.

Wombat02 on
    edited December 2008
    *shrug*

Luckily, I don't. I wouldn't say that all 100 members of my guild are my best chums in the whole world, but they range from "casual guy I rarely see online at all" to "casual member/former raider who's either cool and taking a break, or not so good, hence why they're a former raider" to "elitist annoying raider who's friends with enough people that they're guilded with good reason, but that doesn't mean I have to group with them except on the very rare (been on 1 to date; VoA, not exactly a long run) 25 man", to "no, no, I'LL push YOU out of the bullet's path yet again, sir/ma'am!", and a wide variance in between.

And bluntly, even some of our "bad" members are better than 95% of the PuGs I stumble across. It's a matter of scale and perspective. When you have raids and raid members pushing the top 50 for their class or an encounter on WWSScoreboard, someone who is only putting out 3,000 dps (random figure from the air) might seem "bad" compared to "omg 5k dps sustained go go go" mage or hunter.

However, it's well known that there are other people here that do group with bad/annoying people for the sake of raiding. And I recommend that they don't, especially now that 10 people can see it all and do it all with fewer 'bad' players.

On the flip side, however, if you CAN somehow find 10 good players... well, you're only 15 mediocre players (or another awesome 10 man group and 5 mediocre players!) from more and better gear.... and thus the cycle begins anew.

Forar on
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man the 10 player thing sort of bugs me. My guild is basically taking a meh we don't need 25 mans now view away from this. Personally the more people in guild willing to run stuff and who aren't annoying or horrible the better, but my guild has gotten to be mostly jaded and some what clique driven and the new players always don't rub some officer or another the right way so we currently are gonna be in 10 mans for as long as possible.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008

Yes, but that would result in me killing you. Soooo... let's skip that part.

Sounds fair to me /highfive

Wavechaser on
  • LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I love being a healer. Last night, I hop on and join the LFG channel and find like fitty groups looking for a healer. Let's see, I think I want to run.... Oh, how about Nexus. Five minutes later, we're killing some dudes. Finish that run, look back in the channel, and I see a billion groups still looking for a healer. So maybe this time I'll go for Azjol'Nerub. Great fun. Almost makes up for the fact that it takes me about a half hour to kill something by myself...

Happy/not so happy: yesterday, a third of my company got laid off. I survived the culling, which is good, but I liked a lot of those people. Also, my job just got a billion times harder so now I'll have even less time to play wow.

LineNoiz on
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FFFFFFFFFFF: Why is it so hard to find competent tanks? I mean, they're plentiful here on Argent Dawn with all the DK's, but it seems most DK's have the "I want to be a rogue in plate!" stupid virus, and I've still been seeing that in warriors, too. Shit, my full Blood specced DK focuses on Tanking, despite the fact I prefer my main to remain my Mage for DPS, and well, when I level, I like to be able to help the "Why are there no tanks?" situation, and I will admit that Tanking is a tricky business. Some of these people really have no idea. I mean, if your going to tank in Northrend, you have to really practice and be ready to do it, and playing a tank is really not for everyone. (and good lord, I pretty much prefer playing my Mage.) Basically, if you are a plate wearer, and you are not a Paladin, please, reguardless of your spec, come prepared to do it. I really don't like seeing warriors come to an instance wearing DPS Mail, or a DK in DPS gear with not very much Stamina/Armor/Agility or +parry.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    God damnit bullets are expensive and or not available.

Good thing my Link shell has an alchemist, who I will probably have to perform unmentionable favors for to get ammunition.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FFFFFFFFFFF: Why is it so hard to find competent tanks? I mean, they're plentiful here on Argent Dawn with all the DK's, but it seems most DK's have the "I want to be a rogue in plate!" stupid virus, and I've still been seeing that in warriors, too. Shit, my full Blood specced DK focuses on Tanking, despite the fact I prefer my main to remain my Mage for DPS, and well, when I level, I like to be able to help the "Why are there no tanks?" situation, and I will admit that Tanking is a tricky business. Some of these people really have no idea. I mean, if your going to tank in Northrend, you have to really practice and be ready to do it, and playing a tank is really not for everyone. (and good lord, I pretty much prefer playing my Mage.) Basically, if you are a plate wearer, and you are not a Paladin, please, reguardless of your spec, come prepared to do it. I really don't like seeing warriors come to an instance wearing DPS Mail, or a DK in DPS gear with not very much Stamina/Armor/Agility or +parry.

That's idiotic. You want all plate dps to wear suboptimal gear for their spec, just in case the actual tank can't do their job?

Now, I try to keep a tanking set in my bags, but that's not the same as wearing gear with wasted stat allocation the whole run.

UnbrokenEva on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

At 72 I have been collecting what defensive gear I can find. Mostly it is Cobalt stuff, with a smattering of quest rewards. My defense is still below 490, my parry is around 17% and my dodge is around 14%. Auction House prices are insane especially for someone who is saving for swift flying. I am willing to tank as a DK but it isn't my focus. I would be a last ditch tank if anything.

Seg on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Charus wrote: »

This.
    I kind of want to do see us go to static 10-man groups, if only because that seems like it'll be the only way for me to see the inside of 10-mans in anything but a trade channel pug from here on out. It's gone to Karazhan all over again, with the whole guild getting saved Thursday and Saturday while I'm at work and no possible 10-mans that could be formed at the end of the week.

I've actually been thinking about suggesting that we intentionally don't start more than one group early in the week, to avoid this. Not everyone wants to feel obligated to raid on Thursday, for instance, but a certain officer was giving people shit for not wanting to go to Naxx10 with him last Thursday and then wanting to go on Saturday instead. I guess it's very unlucky that our prime "off" nights are your work nights. >.< People generally don't want to wait until Monday since that could mean missing the reset entirely if not enough people show up. Unless we move the 25-man nights around... Hmm.

With 10-mans you have the ability to do ever more difficult content without giving yourself an ulcer or dumping your complaints on a forum everyday to get rid of stress caused by a game.

I'm just saying give me one good reason to play a game, which is suppose to be for enjoyment, with people who make you angry or upset on a regular basis.

Well it's a trade off. If I want to play with the people I really do enjoy playing with, I have to put up with the people I don't. Either because people I like are friends with people I don't, or because even if I left to form an awesome ten-man guild, not everyone I would want would come with me, because despite ten-mans being fun and an "alternate progression path" or whatever, a lot of people feel that they're missing out on a big part of the game if they aren't doing 25-mans too. Plus while I loved the ten-man groups I had the past two weeks, there are more than ten people in my guild that I'd like to be able to run with, so the only way to run with all of them is to do 25-mans, but to have enough people for those, we have to have some idiots too. :|

riz on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Jealous: Riz, why is it every post about your guild makes me want to transfer over to it?

Oats on
  • FreakinchairFreakinchair Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hate: Sign ups for naxx 10 on our guild has a smattering of "I should be 80 by then" and "Just hit 80 today! ill be there tomorrow!"

What the fuck guys. You JUST hit 80 and you want raid gear? While I've been busting my ass doing 5 heroics a day to get the tanking gear to do it? Sometimes I just want to scream because I HAVE to make an effort to gear and these guys just ride on my coattails.

But theyre all cool people its just... I dont think they realize how stupid their being.

Hater: Going to a heroic yesterday (guild run) and having all three of our dps doing LESS than 1k dps. A rogue, mage and warlock - HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! I was top dps as tank and top damage by almost double. I dont understand at all.

Happy: Naxx on wednesday with raid leader and guild leader - hopefully they can sort some of these people out.

Freakinchair on
    I'd construct a situation such that everyone died at the exact same moment so that we could attack whatever afterlife there happens to be en masse and so take it over and create a perfect unending afterlife existence. Also, everyone who wanted one would have an afterlife pony.
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happiness: Puppy Men vs Big tongues is so much better than Aldor Scryer.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
    edited December 2008
    Oh yeah; double happy from last night!

Ran Heroic Pinnacle (among other instances) with some guild members, including an awesome holy paladin that's taken me under his wing (was getting left in the cold on heroics, he's changed that pretty much on his own) and some good people. We defended Wintergrasp for a win, then flew off and ran 4 heroics back to back. Snagged enough badges to put me one run or so from new gloves or another upgrade, a frozen orb, and the night defining moment;

Final run of the night, last boss of Pinnacle can drop a "best outside of raids or 10,000 gold trinkets" trinket, and actually drops it! Ret paladin and I decide to use the actual "need/greed" system in game. We both hit need.

I win.

With a 100.

Earning me not only a replacement for my DST, but the "Needy" achievement, which I suspect very, very, VERY few people on my realm have.

Forar on
  • quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Bought WotlK for my real account (I was playing on my bro's one for the last few months)

Hate: My PC died the day after, and i have no idea in hell what is broken. It just stopped working without any weird thing happening before.

FFFFFFF: Tried two mobos/proc and two power supplies i had laying around, but i can't get the stupid thing to work again. Spent three hours breathing dust and manipulating electronics for nothing.

Meh: At least my rogue is getting rested xp. Yay ?

quaigy on
This discussion has been closed.