As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hope, happiness and FFFFFFFFF

• MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well now that im 80 its time to get geared for heroics/Naxx. Ive compiled a list from a helpful link in the warrior thread and suprisingly its not going to be too hard. Major point of contention is getting revered with the Wyrmrest Accord which shouldnt be too harsh if I am championing them.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Computer ordered.
    Sad: I'm going to have to dig out my copy of windows, and reinstall WoW from the beginning.

Rizzi on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Just Network the current files over, or burn them to disk. There are no registry entries you need to worry about or anything.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Got the tanky helm from the BE boss in Nexus.

Lawl: People falling off the ledges after the second boss. My guildies are hilariously dumb sometimes :P

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited December 2008
    I dont have a working burner. And I haven't got any idea how to network computers. O_o

Rizzi on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I dont have a working burner. And I haven't got any idea how to network computers. O_o

Do you know how to remove/install a hard drive? If so, put the hard drive from your old computer in your new one and transfer that way, or buy a USB external enclosure, put your old hard drive in that, and do the same.

UnbrokenEva on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Not familiar with rogue specs, but are there points spent in expertise talents that could be reallocated elsewhere to tkae ardvantage of the stat's abundance on gear?

Going strictly by memory, not really. 10 expertise (not rating, full on Expertise) for 2 talent points is also an INCREDIBLE investment in terms of expenditure vs gains. The problem is that rogues pick it up primarily to reduce the mobs chance to dodge (players can't dodge attacks from behind, mobs can), and that has a hard cap around 6.25/6.5%. Expertise beyond that is literally worthless 99% of the time. There aren't a whole lot of dps granting talents lower in the combat tree that we're not already picking up that you could shuffle the points into anyway, and none I can think of that give the same kind of returns as the expertise talent does.

In my case, I've been picking up several rare upgrades to pre-TBC raid epics that are questionable "upgrades" due to putting me well over the expertise cap. I hope to alleviate this somewhat by replacing one "omg expertise rare" (gloves) with the no expertise T7 gloves from the badge vendor tonight, and then swapping my "omg no expertise" T6 chest for some rare chest I picked up that has boatloads of Expertise on it.

As a rogue, I can have in my bags 3 or 4 "upgrades", but all of them have exptertise in vast quantities, so I'd suffer from harsh diminishing returns where wearing more than one is less effective than just wearing one and keeping old gear in its place.

That said, it's well documented that the RNG and I have a very rocky relationship. Sometimes it's all *bam* why isn't my dinner made yet? Here, have some more mainhand warglaives to cry about! And then later it's all "baby, I don't mean to make you cry, here have a Baron's Mount".

What I'm getting at is that the RNG abuses me and I need an adult.

Is it not also true that past the dodge cap, Expertise still reduces parries, and thus is just as good as hit rating percentage point for percentage point? I don't know if that applies to rogues, but it certainly does for warrior tanks...until you reach the expertise dodge cap, its twice as good as hit, once you reach that, its equal to hit.

Dhalphir on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Laonar wrote: »
    HAPPY: I got to do deamines last night with some friends who came back after a three year hiatus. It was just 4 of us at lvls 16 and 17. It was a blast to see vanilla WoW again. We got all the way to the boat but could not beat van cleef.

Hope: We get naxx tonight

Hate: How much fun DK was.

Oh and question the quest for dk where you kill crusaders for crusader skulls. Does anyone realize how fast you could make gold by killing citizens than put them in the cauldron? You one shot them and five of those potions go for 2 gold plus. It is 20 per turn in.... Im hoping it just continues because my dk is not leaving there after making 50 gold in 30 minutes.

You can make a lot more than that by just finishing the quests and goin to Outland and starting to level.

Dhalphir on
  • LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Not familiar with rogue specs, but are there points spent in expertise talents that could be reallocated elsewhere to tkae ardvantage of the stat's abundance on gear?

Going strictly by memory, not really. 10 expertise (not rating, full on Expertise) for 2 talent points is also an INCREDIBLE investment in terms of expenditure vs gains. The problem is that rogues pick it up primarily to reduce the mobs chance to dodge (players can't dodge attacks from behind, mobs can), and that has a hard cap around 6.25/6.5%. Expertise beyond that is literally worthless 99% of the time. There aren't a whole lot of dps granting talents lower in the combat tree that we're not already picking up that you could shuffle the points into anyway, and none I can think of that give the same kind of returns as the expertise talent does.

In my case, I've been picking up several rare upgrades to pre-TBC raid epics that are questionable "upgrades" due to putting me well over the expertise cap. I hope to alleviate this somewhat by replacing one "omg expertise rare" (gloves) with the no expertise T7 gloves from the badge vendor tonight, and then swapping my "omg no expertise" T6 chest for some rare chest I picked up that has boatloads of Expertise on it.

As a rogue, I can have in my bags 3 or 4 "upgrades", but all of them have exptertise in vast quantities, so I'd suffer from harsh diminishing returns where wearing more than one is less effective than just wearing one and keeping old gear in its place.

That said, it's well documented that the RNG and I have a very rocky relationship. Sometimes it's all *bam* why isn't my dinner made yet? Here, have some more mainhand warglaives to cry about! And then later it's all "baby, I don't mean to make you cry, here have a Baron's Mount".

What I'm getting at is that the RNG abuses me and I need an adult.

Is it not also true that past the dodge cap, Expertise still reduces parries, and thus is just as good as hit rating percentage point for percentage point? I don't know if that applies to rogues, but it certainly does for warrior tanks...until you reach the expertise dodge cap, its twice as good as hit, once you reach that, its equal to hit.
    It does reduce parries. However, a more effective way to reduce parries is to not stand in front of the mob, since they can't parry from behind.

LineNoiz on
    edited December 2008
    Oh.

Right, I forgot about that because I'm in front of him anyway XD

Dhalphir on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    My Reputation Precedes Me: Just got invited to 25-man Sartharion + Archavon. :D

Oboro on
    words
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just Network the current files over, or burn them to disk. There are no registry entries you need to worry about or anything.

So awesome, I keep a copy of WoW on my external hard drive with all my mods and saved settings just in case.

Arrath on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Made over 100 gold by the time I reached level 20 on a new character

Hate: leveling through 20-40 content

Ohtsam on
    edited December 2008
    Hate: My wireless network shut down as soon as we started pulling in 25-man Obsidian Sanctum.

Hopefully they haven't raidkicked me yet. :/

EDIT: Oh my God the worst part is why our network shit itself: my roommate put the wireless modem on top of the microwave to make room for something on the shelf, and then turned the microwave on before putting the modem back.

Oboro on
    words
  • seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hope: The New Year will bring me more time for myself and gaming

Happy: Asheron's Call is still kicking around, and level sync makes me excited for FFXI again.

Hate: Patching...

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Well, fury warriors do get AP from how much armor they have now

So do Death Knights, and both talents are early enough in there respective trees to allow just about any build to get them. I don't know the math, but I'm sure with the talent + Toughness should make plate with a good amount of STR be as good as a equal item level mail/leather piece with pure AP.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited December 2008
    Whee: 25-man Sarth and Arch down, saw nothing off either but good times were had. Maybe I'll someday have enough Emblems of Valor to buy something, who knows. :P

Oboro on
    words
  • Dark HelmetDark Helmet Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Signet of Edward the Odd dropped off of Anomalus in Heroic Nexus - and I won the roll. :):)<3

Hope: To get in on 10 man raid content soon.

Hate: Assholes who grief me in Winter Grasp when all a brother is trying to do is farm some crystallized elements.

Dark Helmet on
    warrioricon4.pngrogueicon1.pngpaladinicon1.pnghuntericon2.png

And my poor Death Knight that couldn't afford an icon.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hate: Assholes who grief me in Winter Grasp when all a brother is trying to do is farm some crystallized elements.

Why does the shadow and fire drop in there why?

I do hope I can find some place to farm cloth because Icecrown phasing sucks

Brainleech on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sigh: Just noticed that Shields made by Blacksmiths are soulbound. So much for my DK making them for my Pally. :/

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Sigh: Just noticed that Shields made by Blacksmiths are soulbound. So much for my DK making them for my Pally. :/

Well at least you are not the idiots linking the leather working kits to pants/bracers that are bop or asking me to make you the tailoring bop pant enchant kit after I link what I can make

Brainleech on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008

actually this is only true for the cobalt shield, all the other ones are boe yay
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Why does the shadow and fire drop in there why?

I do hope I can find some place to farm cloth because Icecrown phasing sucks

shadow should be pretty cheap as you get boatloads of it from farmin' saronite (alternatively: level up mining on an alt or something)

to farm fire these guys are really good and have the added bonus of doing very little damage

look at how helpful i am! send me gold

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited December 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »

actually this is only true for the cobalt shield, all the other ones are boe yay

Yay! I knew the Titansteel Shield Wall was BoE, but that is aways away.

On a similar note, WTB a updated version of the Petrified Lichen Guard.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hate: Instance server died in the middle of a heroic VH which would have moved me to revered with Kirin Tor. Now I'm stuck in there until they fix it.

Happy: This past weekend saw me net 5 new pieces of gear from heroics due to being the only leather spellcaster in the group. Hooray!

Also Happy: 4070 achievement points.

Opty on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Say, what are achievement points used for? I totally forgot that there were points for those.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Trade them in for pixie dust and dreams.

(aka nothing)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Weak. I want a pet monkey that flings poo randomly at people.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hate: Had the most AWFUL loot possible in 25 man naxx tonight. 3.1 wings and nothing but rogue, hunter, tank and healing gear, only 1 piece of dps plate (shoulders of something something), no 2 handers, no trinkets, nothing. No less than 4 1 handers dropped for the 2 rogues in the raid and a good 3 or 4 healing/caster off-hands. Well, atleast our tanks, healers and OP hunters are getting well geared. Maybe Kel will drop his axe. :(

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Euphoria: Just got back from the NIN Lights over America concert!

Hate: Back to grinding herbalism.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hate: PUGS.

Mage did under 500 dps. According to recount top 3 damage abilities were 1) Scorch (53%), 2) Fireblast (15%), 3) Ignite (11%). And the mage has some weird 3-tree spanning spec.

Arrath on
    edited December 2008
    Happy!Gear: Just finished my 5th Heroic of the day, the ultimate badge being #202. Badge #200 was the real milestone, as that's the one that buys my t7 chest. I've now gotten everything from badges except the belt, which is a tiny upgrade over the [Trollwoven Girdle] I have right now (an upgrade only in that some budget is converted into a socket, allowing me to reallocate it into more beneficial stats than the Trollwoven).

This also dinged me on my fourth Exalted. Apparently you can gain rep with the Alliance Vanguard by not wearing any other factions' tabard into dungeons?, so I'm gonna get on them next, I guess. :P

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    Since I had the dreadmist pants drop the rest of the quests when very fast. Now I am up to Lord Valthalak so I am going to look for a healer and a tank to see if we can 4 man him now

Brainleech on
    edited December 2008
    How the fuck do you people get into so many heroic groups. I'm lucky if I can find one a day.
    Sad: Why are spiders cunning pets? I want to use one, but I like having a ferocity pet.
    Whyyyy?

Rizzi on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Re: Cunning pets. I absolutely hate it how they don't have a talent similar to Ferocity/Tenacity pets where they gain happiness while fighting. I'd absolutely love to have an owl, but if I have to choose between a pet that I never have to feed and a pet I have do have to feed, I'm sticking with the ones I don't have to feed.

reVerse on
    edited December 2008
    I just want to tame a spider. But fuck, if it means losing 5% of my pets damage, I'll stick with the one that kills shit faster.

Rizzi on
    edited December 2008
    How the fuck do you people get into so many heroic groups. I'm lucky if I can find one a day?
    Say a lot, be pleasant, be helpful, do your job well, and be memorable

if you're going to be PUGing, make yourself stand out, and be visible; make stupid jokes in /Trade or /LFG when the opportunity arises

greet people by name when you group with them after the first time; always be positive; always have something pleasant to say

hi, I'm a Rogue, and I get invitations to more Heroics each day than I can do, and have been invited to be a PUGer beside a guild in both 10 and 25 (been invited to, as, they asked me) Naxxramas, Archavon, and Sartharion for the past two weeks

Oboro on
    words
    edited December 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    How the fuck do you people get into so many heroic groups. I'm lucky if I can find one a day?

if you're going to be PUGing, make yourself stand out, and be visible; make stupid jokes in /Trade or /LFG when the opportunity arises

greet people by name when you group with them after the first time; always be positive; always have something pleasant to say

hi, I'm a Rogue, and I get invitations to more Heroics each day than I can do, and have been invited to be a PUGer beside a guild in both 10 and 25 (been invited to, as, they asked me) Naxxramas, Archavon, and Sartharion for the past two weeks

Hi am an undead warlock on a realm with two elitist guilds
    I make jokes in the channels you mentioned
    People remember when I was guildless or my guild name {Vaguely Qualified} and I get turned down a lot people they want a mage for the food

Brainleech on
    edited December 2008
    sometimes people remember the time I said I was a transsexual lesbian and then they are less wanting to invite me

but those times are few and far between

EDIT: also I met someone in a raid who knew who I was but he was an SE++ poster

Oboro on
    words
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Made a crap ton of gold finishing quest tonight.

Hate: No heriocs when I wanted to, but got two invites 10 minutes before I had to log.

Awesome Icecrown Quest thing...do not click spoiler if you wish to be suprised.
    Finished the story of Arthas heart. Damn that quest line was freaking awesome. At the end when Tirion goes down I was like oh shit we are screwed and then in comes Mograin to save the day. just freaking awesome all around. That was truly one of the best quest lines I have ever done in this game. So I guess that is a happy.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »

Hi am an undead warlock on a realm with two elitist guilds
    I make jokes in the channels you mentioned
    People remember when I was guildless or my guild name {Vaguely Qualified} and I get turned down a lot people they want a mage for the food
    I mean, I play a Mage, but the Warlocks Health Cookies/Cookie Jar, as well as summons and tons of other utility and jsut all good to have around DPS.... it's insane to not bring a Warlock along for stuff.

Clawshrimpy on
This discussion has been closed.