As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Converting to DVD-ready files

Mobile-DMobile-D Registered User regular
So, I'm trying to burn a video-DVD (not data) for my father. The file he needs to burn is already in both AVI and MP4 format, but I need to convert it so I can burn it onto a DVD. Nero, which I'm using for the burn, needs .ifo, .vob, and .bop files. Is there a program out there that can convert this for me?

Mobile-D on

• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nero

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well the OEM version I have lying around doesn't include that.

Mobile-D on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    what, it only has Burning Rom? Look for "Nero SmartStart" or something like that.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That's what I have. Nero SmartStart. The copy is a few years old, though. And nero doesn't (to my knowledge) have an update feature.

EDIT: Scratch that, updating now.

Mobile-D on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    OK, no dice. I updated to the latest version of Nero 6, but it doesn't include the tools I need:

One or more files could not be added to a compilation.

The following files may not reside in the VIDEO_TS directory of a DVD-Video compilation. Only compliant DVD-Video files
    VIDEO_TS.IFO,
    VIDEO_TS.VOB,
    VIDEO_TS.BUP,
    VTS_nn_0.IFO,
    VTS_nn_0.VOB,
    VTS_nn_0.BUP and
    VTS_nn_m.VOB
    can be added to the VIDEO_TS folder. Please add files from a completed DVD-Video title or use an authoring software like NeroVision Express to create DVD-Video files from standard video files such as *.avi and *.mpg.

So is there another program that will do this?

Mobile-D on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    .....NeroVision Express?

That should already be part of your Nero suite, that's what will convert a .avi into a video DVD for you. If you don't have it, you probably want it.

mcdermott on