edited December 2006
    Sent, finally. Go lateness go.

It should be there in time, though.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Got my present in the mail today: JLA: Superpower. More DC reading for me!

Thanks, tombomb666, you're awesome. :^:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Just received another present from Romero Zombi: Teen Titans Season 1

Thanks, dude. I'm a big TT fan, but I never caught the show when it was on TV

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Noo problem :)

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I got the Marvel Encyclopedia for Christmas :D It wasn't the signed leatherbound one sadly....but I was still pretty stoked to get it.

edit: Got two secret-spider man gifts. One from Marathon and one from Hughtron. There was a mix up somewhere...or I got lucky and had two people pick me.

Annihilation 1-4. Awesome because I don't have these

Quantum and the Woody #3
    US1 # 5

If I need to forward one of these packages to the correct person let me know and I will be happy to.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I hope I get my Santa's Gift this week. :(

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    The name in my Secret Spider-Man was Marathon, but the address was apparently Romero Zombie?

Well, I hope Marathon gets something at least!

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My secret Spider-Man was also given two gifts. I haven't even gotten a thank you. :cry:

Of course, a banning would do that.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Marathon…if you haven't gotten a gift yet, let me know. I will forward the package I got from Hughtron. If you already got your package…then I'm going to enjoy my two separate secret spider-mans :D

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I have yet to recieve anything, and my Secret Spidey has not yet recieved my package. The latter will no doubt arrive in the next few days.

So basically, I'm reduced to playing the waiting game.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Marathon…if you haven't gotten a gift yet, let me know. I will forward the package I got from Hughtron. If you already got your package…then I'm going to enjoy my two separate secret spider-mans :D

Yeah, you were my Secret Spider-Man. Im glad you didn't have the issues I sent you. Apparently there was a mix up with my address, because I have not gotten anything yet. So if you want you can foreward the other my way.

Either PM me or Secret Spider-Man to get my address, or just keep both the gifts for yourself. :)

Marathon on
  • Options
    Captain CanuckCaptain Canuck Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    oh dear
    oh my
    oh odds and bodkins
    monsieur hughtron sir
    he of new scotland
    you must check your private messages sir
    FOR URGENT NEWS FROM THE ORIENT

Captain Canuck on
    shadeodare_sig.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2006
    Oh man, someone from Pennsylvania just sent me Fantastic Four #75 in the mail today

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    That is a lie!

edit: wait, that's not the one I got.

I got 375

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Just got my Spidey's gift moments ago. Tehchowd sent me this:

AmericanSplendor%20Cv1.jpg

Except that the one I got has, you know, a title and stuff. This was the only picture I could find.

Anyway, I got into superhero comics through smaller, more indie endeavours (Flight, Bryan Lee O'Malley's stuff, etc.), so it's nice to get off the mainstream again.

I also enjoyed the adjoined letter, which referred to me as 'well-read' in superhero comics. For the record, I have only two trades and maybe half a dozen single issues. If I give the impression of knowing what I'm talking about, it's due almost solely to Wikipedia and the robust local library.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    All right, so let's see the chains so far
    ----

Hughtron -> Marathon -> Romero Zombie -> Keith -> Toji Suzahara -> Whippy - Shoe

Dex Dynamo -> Sars_Boy -> Forar -> Captain Canuck

Tombomb666 -> wwtMask -> Bad Karma -> Zodiac Brave

TehChowd -> Charmy

Sharp101 -> Conditional Axe -> Geebs

---

anyone receive a gift but isn't on there?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Oh man, someone from Pennsylvania just sent me Fantastic Four #75 in the mail today
    Merry Christmas.

I know it's not mint, but it has Galactus.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Well, since he's banned...My secret spider-man was Zodiac Brave, though I'm NOT the person who sent his first gift, as mine was sent a week later.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Merry Christmas.

I know it's not mint, but it has Galactus.

Hey, you won't see me complaining, I think it's awesome

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Geebs, I am worlds of jealous.

Galactus.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Well, since he's banned...My secret spider-man was Zodiac Brave, though I'm NOT the person who sent his first gift, as mine was sent a week later.

Wait, what?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    hughtron wrote:
    Geebs, I am worlds of jealous.

Galactus.
    ff75bg.jpg

How awesome is that cover?

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

Wait, what?

Zodiac Brave, through projectmayhem, sent a thank you for his gift, one that I didn't send. I sent him his gift a week later. Ergo, Zodiac Brave got two presents, mine being the second.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    That's what I thought you meant. I just wanted to make sure.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    /hug

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Captain CanuckCaptain Canuck Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    ----

Hughtron -> Marathon -> Romero Zombie -> Keith -> Toji Suzahara -> Whippy - Shoe

Dex Dynamo -> Sars_Boy -> Forar -> Captain Canuck

Tombomb666 -> wwtMask -> Bad Karma -> Zodiac Brave

TehChowd -> Charmy

---

canuck->hughtron

Captain Canuck on
    shadeodare_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    ----

Dex Dynamo -> Sars_Boy -> Forar -> Captain Canuck -> Hughtron -> Marathon -> Romero Zombie -> Keith -> Toji Suzahara -> Whippy - Shoe

Tombomb666 -> wwtMask -> Bad Karma -> Zodiac Brave -> TehChowd -> Charmy

---

quoted for the new page

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    so.... its Friday night, the 1st is on Monday, and Mail isn't delivered on weekends.

I didn't receive anything yet :(

Spider-man, can you PM my Santa and ask if they have sent their gift?

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    charmy wrote:
    I also enjoyed the adjoined letter, which referred to me as 'well-read' in superhero comics. For the record, I have only two trades and maybe half a dozen single issues. If I give the impression of knowing what I'm talking about, it's due almost solely to Wikipedia and the robust local library.

Haha, I know. After I sent the package, I saw you mention in a post someplace about how you hadn't read many comics. My reaction was pretty much, "Whelp, I'm an ass." Anyway, I don't know if I mentioned it in the letter or not, but if you like the comic I sent, then you really need to check out Pekar's first trade of American Splendor. It's completely rad.

Also, my secret santa was Zodiac Brave. I got his present a while ago, but didn't open it till X-mas. He got me the first issue of Deadpool's "Circle Chase" mini series. He also made me a completely awesome and slightly hilarious mix cd, and comically mocked me for being a total lurker, which is completely fair (and true).

TehChowd on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    TehChowd wrote:
    Also, my secret santa was Zodiac Brave. I got his present a while ago, but didn't open it till X-mas. He got me the first issue of Deadpool's "Circle Chase" mini series. He also made me a completely awesome and slightly hilarious mix cd, and justifable mocked me for being a total lurker, which is completely fair.

Mock him for being banned

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    keith wrote:
    Mock him for being banned
    Haha, it wasn't a mean mocking or anything. Also, can I ask what he got banned for? I don't really remember seeing him post much in Graphic Violence, so I'm kind of curious to know what he did.

TehChowd on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    He posted Goatse in G&T

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sharp101 wrote:

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Well, we aren't delivering mail on Monday or Tuesday (though I believe UPS and Fedex will on Tuesday), so if you don't recieve anything Wednesday or Thursday, I'd talk with Manifest or Whippy.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sharp101 wrote:
    Sharp101 wrote:

I think you need to be patient. After the deadline you can start whining, but right now it's kind of pointless.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    sorry peoples.

Thought deadline was today.

My apologies for seeming like an annoying bitch. :D

Ill be patient.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Woo! Got my package today!

And the mailman was nice enough to squeeze it into my mailbox bending the envelope quite nicely!

Anyway, Charmy is awesome and got me this

fury3zy.jpg

and of course the best issue of Deadpool ever!

Deadpool11.jpg
    (and don't worry Charmy, I don't have either of these :P)

Also, they seemed to bounce back from their 90 degree angle bend quite well, only a little curve in them now. Ill let them sit under a big textbook I have around here and they should be good in a couple hours.

Thanks again Charmy!

(I cant wait to read that What if.... oh man)

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Glad you liked it. I had the same problem with the mailman bending my package to fit it in the box. Very annoying.

At various times, you came very close to recieving any number of other, lesser comics. At one point I was going to send old issues of Captain Canada and Alpha Flight (including that one issue that's completely white for seven pages or so), while during a period of panic I was convinced I'd just send you a huge pack of 90's Liefeld-esque junk.

You were also dangerously close to receiving "The Filth", but my comic shop didn't have the first issue.

All said, I think good sense won out in the end.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I got 4 comics today- the ultimate move-in gift!

3 superman stories-
    -"Who are the 5 people exiled from earth by the Man of Steel?" Which features superman apparently hurling Kandor into space,
    -One with Superman as an island in space being colonized by tiny people(Strange, considering I just rewatched the futurama episode with the same plot), and a backup which has the Atom team up with... Airwave. Man, talk about your scene stealing guest stars.
    -And "Don't panic, Steve! I'll save you from this alien monster!" "Cool it, superman, ol' six eyes is my brother!"

And, to top it off, Deadpool #1. Thanks Geebs- you're the best PA Graphic Violence 2006 secret santa who sent me anything ever!

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Tombomb666 -> wwtMask -> Bad Karma -> Zodiac Brave -> TehChowd -> Charmy -> Sharp101 -> Conditional Axe -> Geebs -> Dex Dynamo -> Sars_Boy -> Forar -> Captain Canuck -> Hughtron -> Marathon -> Romero Zombie -> Keith -> Toji Suzahara -> Whippy -> Shoe

oh wow

Garlic Bread on