Options

Secret Spider-Mans! UPDATED CHECK YOUR PMS

123457»

• Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    alright so at this point is anyone still waiting on their gifts?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Mine has yet to arrive, but I've reached an understanding with Captain Canuck, so do not hold it against him.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Servo wrote:

Im still waiting for a thank you. Those were good books damnit! Actually I just want to make sure the books got to Zodiac alright.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    Servo wrote:

Tombomb666?

I'm guessing Shoe is his santa?

Did I just ruin a surprise?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I haven't sent my gift out yet, sorry. :oops:

But the deadline isn't here yet, so quit bitchin'!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    Uh

the deadline is tomorrow

and there's no mail today

so.....

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote:
    I got 4 comics today- the ultimate move-in gift!

3 superman stories-
    -"Who are the 5 people exiled from earth by the Man of Steel?" Which features superman apparently hurling Kandor into space,
    -One with Superman as an island in space being colonized by tiny people(Strange, considering I just rewatched the futurama episode with the same plot), and a backup which has the Atom team up with... Airwave. Man, talk about your scene stealing guest stars.
    -And "Don't panic, Steve! I'll save you from this alien monster!" "Cool it, superman, ol' six eyes is my brother!"

And, to top it off, Deadpool #1. Thanks Geebs- you're the best PA Graphic Violence 2006 secret santa who sent me anything ever!

I have a bunch of old Superman comics from my uncle just sitting around in my basement, so I grabbed three of the more ridiculous looking ones.

And Deadpool #1 was just sitting in the middle of the comic shop when I went in.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Well, we aren't delivering mail on Monday or Tuesday (though I believe UPS and Fedex will on Tuesday), so if you don't recieve anything Wednesday or Thursday, I'd talk with Manifest or Whippy.

I don't remember who secret spider-man is, and I guess he's not checking his pms, but I lost the message that had my secret spider-man's name in it, (Being a mod means you get too many pms from people who like to complain) and I'm still having trouble tracking down the issue I want to send.

I guess it's all cool though, because nothing ever arrived for me.
    HOORAY LATENESS.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    sullijosullijo mid-level minion subterranean bunkerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Servo wrote:

I'm still waiting. (And I sent my out the beginning of December!)

sullijo on
    When I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:
    "I don't want the world, I just want your half"
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I, too, am still waiting.

I sent my out the 19th, but my santee rarely posts in the GV, so yeah. Dunno if it was recieved yet. I do hope it was, though.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Uh

the deadline is tomorrow

so.....

Oh shits. I thought it was the 13th.

Well, my guy hasn't posted about me being late yet, so... I will send it tomorrow with expensive fast shipping, yes?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Uh

the deadline is tomorrow

so.....

Oh shits. I thought it was the 13th.

Well, my guy hasn't posted about me being late yet, so... I will send it tomorrow with expensive fast shipping, yes?

Yeah, I actually thought the same. I'll send mine off today if I have time but more likely it will be tomorrow.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sars_Boy sent me a New Frontier poster and two issues of Young Justice (#21 and #23)

the New Frontier poster is huuuuuuge

now I have to make that YJ picture for him

I'd say thanks, but I hate these gifts!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sent'd. I feel bad about it being late, so besides a single issue, I threw in a TPB, too.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy sent me a New Frontier poster and two issues of Young Justice (#21 and #23)

the New Frontier poster is huuuuuuge

now I have to make that YJ picture for him

I'd say thanks, but I hate these gifts!
    oh look it's Keith who hates everything

:wink:

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Got my comics today!

OH MAN YOUNGBLOOD #1?!

Captain Canuck must have paid big bucks for this thing. I mean it's the first issue right? It's worth hundreds of dollars, right?

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I got mine today. The Lovely Bastard sent me JLA 52. Guy Gardner vs. Blue Beetle. Awesome sauce!

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Tombomb666 -> wwtMask -> Bad Karma -> Zodiac Brave -> TehChowd -> Charmy -> Sharp101 -> Conditional Axe -> Geebs -> Dex Dynamo -> Sars_Boy -> Forar -> Captain Canuck -> Hughtron -> Marathon -> Romero Zombie -> Keith -> Toji Suzahara -> Whippy -> Shoe

The Lovely Bastard -> grifter81

way to break the flow

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Tombomb666 -> wwtMask -> Bad Karma -> Zodiac Brave -> TehChowd -> Charmy -> Sharp101 -> Conditional Axe -> Geebs -> Dex Dynamo -> Sars_Boy -> Forar -> Captain Canuck -> Hughtron -> Marathon -> Romero Zombie -> Keith -> Toji Suzahara -> Whippy -> Shoe

The Lovely Bastard -> grifter81

way to break the flow

Heheh Well, I'm pretty sure it's not going to get much better when you find out who I sent to.

Grifter on
  • Options
    Captain CanuckCaptain Canuck Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    hughtron wrote:
    Got my comics today!

OH MAN YOUNGBLOOD #1?!

Captain Canuck must have paid big bucks for this thing. I mean it's the first issue right? It's worth hundreds of dollars, right?
    that shit is SIGNED MAN

Captain Canuck on
    shadeodare_sig.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ahahaha.

I actually got mine today, too.

From grifter81.

I haven't had the time to read them yet, so I will judge how awesome they are from the first page. And they are all books I haven't read in years or ever. Or own. It's like a hat trick of win. If only Grifter was Canadian.

Alpha Flight #1 from 97

It makes me miss that whole fold-in cover with information that Marvel had back in those days. All giving you information and whatnot.

It opens with Wolverine saying RAAWWRRL to Guardian.

And that is a direct quote.

Fucking awesome.

Next up, The Shaolin Cowboy number 4.

Alls I can say is, I wish I had known about this series before. Because, mang, it is made of awesome.

First page, there's a toilet, a titty mag, and a horse narrator.

Grifter, have my babies.

Next up, is The Goon.

I have no idea what issue it is, but it says 25 cents, and I am guessing it was a promo issue I have yet to see in stores. Then again, I never read the Goon before, so you know, I might miss it EVERY TIME I GO IN.

Drunken narrators kick ass. Especially dressed as hobos. That and undead make for a super awesome combination.

And finally, Superboy number 1.

This issue I actually got the chance to finish.

It has the Blue Beetle/Booster Gold AIDS PSA in it.

That's like, the greatest thing ever.

And, you know, I always thought that the tactile telekinesis thing was overblown, but I was inexperienced. But, he mentions it I think twice in the first issue alone.

And, to do a first page only review:

Inside cover has a quote from Network being used o promote Supergirl, which is pretty win, but Superboy saying PUMP UP THE VOLUME.

Man, so awesome.

In short, you rule Grifter.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:

The Lovely Bastard <-> grifter81

I hate you two

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ahahaha.

I actually got mine today, too.

From grifter81.

I haven't had the time to read them yet, so I will judge how awesome they are from the first page. And they are all books I haven't read in years or ever. Or own. It's like a hat trick of win. If only Grifter was Canadian.

Alpha Flight #1 from 97

It makes me miss that whole fold-in cover with information that Marvel had back in those days. All giving you information and whatnot.

It opens with Wolverine saying RAAWWRRL to Guardian.

And that is a direct quote.

Fucking awesome.

Next up, The Shaolin Cowboy number 4.

Alls I can say is, I wish I had known about this series before. Because, mang, it is made of awesome.

First page, there's a toilet, a titty mag, and a horse narrator.

Grifter, have my babies.

Next up, is The Goon.

I have no idea what issue it is, but it says 25 cents, and I am guessing it was a promo issue I have yet to see in stores. Then again, I never read the Goon before, so you know, I might miss it EVERY TIME I GO IN.

Drunken narrators kick ass. Especially dressed as hobos. That and undead make for a super awesome combination.

And finally, Superboy number 1.

This issue I actually got the chance to finish.

It has the Blue Beetle/Booster Gold AIDS PSA in it.

That's like, the greatest thing ever.

And, you know, I always thought that the tactile telekinesis thing was overblown, but I was inexperienced. But, he mentions it I think twice in the first issue alone.

And, to do a first page only review:

Inside cover has a quote from Network being used o promote Supergirl, which is pretty win, but Superboy saying PUMP UP THE VOLUME.

Man, so awesome.

In short, you rule Grifter.

I'm glad that you approve! Also, I actually am half Canadian, so... you know...

Grifter on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    After a small mixup with addresses I have finally gotten my gift from Hughtron with an assist by Mr. R. Zombie. US 1 and Quantum and Woody, two comics I most certainly did not have. Thanks a lot Hugh.

Marathon on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Glad you got it Marathon. Hope you didn't mind me using the same backing boards you used to send my gift in

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    I would kill a man for a full run of Quantum and Woody

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    There is a page in US1 where the US1 the Superhero Truck Driver has to navagate a maze of death containing a volcano, a glacier, a tornado and a thunder storm in his giant super-truck.

It's maybe the best single panel ever.

Also it's not just any issue of Quantum and Woody, it's the Goat issue.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    tombomb666tombomb666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The other day I got Hellblazer: Original Sins and Nextwave #11 from who I assume is Dark Primus.

I had always meant to get into Hellblazer, but I kept getting distracted by other books. It will be a nice follow up to the Absolute Sandman that I got for Christmas.

I already have Nextwave but that just means that I have 2 helpings Elvis MODOK and Wolverine chimps. :^:

tombomb666 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    DarkPrimus -> tombomb666 -> wwtMask -> Bad Karma -> Zodiac Brave -> TehChowd -> Charmy -> Sharp101 -> Conditional Axe -> Geebs -> Dex Dynamo -> Sars_Boy -> Forar -> Captain Canuck -> Hughtron -> Marathon -> Romero Zombie -> Keith -> Toji Suzahara -> Whippy -> Shoe

The Lovely Bastard <-> grifter81

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    hughtron wrote:
    There is a page in US1 where the US1 the Superhero Truck Driver has to navagate a maze of death containing a volcano, a glacier, a tornado and a thunder storm in his giant super-truck.

It's maybe the best single panel ever.

Also it's not just any issue of Quantum and Woody, it's the Goat issue.

The best part of US1 is that the hero has a CB radio built into his skull. Why can't we have characters like that today? :)

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    What... what happened? I know I made a post in here... and it's no longer here.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    What... what happened? I know I made a post in here... and it's no longer here.

I had posted this:
    tombomb666 wrote:
    The other day I got Hellblazer: Original Sins and Nextwave #11 from who I assume is Dark Primus.

I had always meant to get into Hellblazer, but I kept getting distracted by other books. It will be a nice follow up to the Absolute Sandman that I got for Christmas.

I already have Nextwave but that just means that I have 2 helpings Elvis MODOK and Wolverine chimps. :^:
    in the wrong thread. You responded there.

tombomb666 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Oh. Hahahah.

So, which Hellblazer story was it that you liked?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I've been too busy to do anything but flip, but I read a bit where Swamp Thing appeared in his drugs and Constantine picked a bit off of him and smoked it without a second thought. I can't wait until I can actually sit down and read through it.

tombomb666 on
  • Options
    sullijosullijo mid-level minion subterranean bunkerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Still no comics today... :(

sullijo on
    When I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:
    "I don't want the world, I just want your half"
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    tombomb666 wrote:
    I've been too busy to do anything but flip, but I read a bit where Swamp Thing appeared in his drugs and Constantine picked a bit off of him and smoked it without a second thought. I can't wait until I can actually sit down and read through it.

Constantine actually first appeared in the Swamp Thing comics during the Alan Moore run. As with most things Alan Moore, it kicks ass.

DarkPrimus on