As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Woot off]On

• Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Someone give me 700$ GOGOGOG.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Phenom description: Win.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh good god NOT NOW. WHY DURING EXAM WEEK? D:

Sorenson on
  • Options
    WangtopiaWangtopia Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    What was the tune cube description? Did anyone save it, or are these archived somewhere?

Woot blog details everything sold on the site and it's descriptions.

Wangtopia on
    Gaming related things:
    wangtopia.png
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rend wrote: »
    Try again! Pretty sure the reference was from tune cube to Time Cube

[EDIT] But oh my god you found the soap! THE SOAP! Holy crap i love that soap. ONE GOD FAITH.

You may be right. The color changes are more appropriate.

And yeah, that shit is awesome. They sell it at whole foods and people thought you could make GHB out of it for a while, but that turned out not to be true.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A Thermometer?

Quick, Buy 3!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh no, this thing is turning me into my dad.

Every time something new pops up, I go "oh hey, that looks cool. I should totally get one for someone for Christmas. I wonder who would like it." PRESENTS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

The spotting scope is pretty cool, though.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, if i had seen it the USB Woot-off Lights would have been fantastic.

Nothing would make feel cooler than checking woot from work, seeing its a woot off, and then quietly activating my lights.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Not to mention the fact that they quite possibly came with Bags o' Crap.

Also, these watches are selling sooo slooowly.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    is it just me or are therer a lot of watches on this wootoff? this is the 4th i've seen...

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man. I missed those while I was at work. I would have gotten a pair just for the laughs. Also: stealth BoC

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So, tell me: do they ever kill a product if nobody's buying? I should probably go to bed soon, but the suspense is killing me!

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I dont think they do, but I dont know. I know though that this is about at the halfway point of the longest woot I ever witnessed, which was free lifetime do it yourself ink cartridge refills.

I finished work, went home, at dinner, came back to work and then it sold out when I was leaving to go home for the day.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think they do considering the same item will come up multiple times in the same woot-off.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, the watches suddenly sold off, and it's now... a mouse. And they have a shit-ton. Bleh.

I'm really hoping to see a decent keyboard come through here.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Bitstream wrote: »
    So, tell me: do they ever kill a product if nobody's buying? I should probably go to bed soon, but the suspense is killing me!
    There is a half-Woot-life of 12 hours maximum on any product within a Woot-Off that does not sell out.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, the watches suddenly sold off, and it's now... a mouse. And they have a shit-ton. Bleh.

I still consistantly kick myself for not picking up the Brazillian keyboard a couple Woot-offs ago. I know where they keys are, so I assume I'd be fine, but seeing other marvel at the squiggles on my keyboard would have been so worth it.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    There is a half-Woot-life of 12 hours maximum on any product within a Woot-Off that does not sell out.

So... they remove, on average, half of the items every twelve hours?

:P

Dammit, they've got their hooks in me now. I won't be going to bed until this thing's over or I get some crap.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

So... they remove, on average, half of the items every twelve hours?

:P

Dammit, they've got their hooks in me now. I won't be going to bed until this thing's over or I get some crap.

I have a sneeeeeeeeeeeaking suspicion that this one will not end until TOMORROW night. I just feels like a 2-dayer to me. Enjoy the agony of 3 hours sleep, like I got last night, constantly woken up by my phone alerts that let me know when a new item is up, of which I didn't want any. But damn, is it worth it just for the fun!

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    But... but I have to work in the morning!

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Now imagine -

You're tired at work and someone says "Hey, you look tired buddy. Why so tired?"

If you had bought those woot flashing lights you could just flip them on and they'd understand without you even needing to say anything!

IMAGINE WHAT ELSE YOU'LL MISS IF YOU SLEEP.

(realistically, I find more often than not when Im asleep I miss, at most, one thing I wanted. But I totally can sympathize with not wanting to miss ANYTHING)

mxmarks on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    mxmarks wrote: »

I still consistantly kick myself for not picking up the Brazillian keyboard a couple Woot-offs ago. I know where they keys are, so I assume I'd be fine, but seeing other marvel at the squiggles on my keyboard would have been so worth it.

but...it's not that different

I would want one just to type portuguese, though

MrDelish on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i'm always a fan of the blank keyboard on thinkgeek, it would confuse the hell out of a lot of people

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a comment in the woot thread as this one... I had to take a screenshot of it. =)
    wootmule.jpg

For some reason, I picture a small stereotypical mexican child saying that and pointing at the wagon.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    BACON SALT!!! :D

(Seriously, this shit is AWESOME, get three if you can)

EDIT: Aw crap it already sold out from like a 85% bar! D:

Sorenson on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I bought a headphones/mic thing that had usb and the old traditional plug ins as well for $25

thats the only thing thats interested me so far. At 7 in the morning there was a roomba but I have no need for that.

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    Woot427Woot427 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can't believe that this thing is actually selling, the LaPazz D-Note USB Digital Note Recorder. It uses USB 1.1 for god's sake, in addition to not being useful. D:

Woot427 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So this is in fact a two-day Woot-off, and some interesting things have gone by since I got home, including lightning-fast-selling Leapfrog carts and a surprisingly nice computer for two-fiddy.

Now, of course, they're pushing wine while commute time starts up, and the tracker doesn't show booze sales. How am I supposed to know when to get irrationally excited again?!

[Edit] - Oh boy, a really cool... tankless water heater?

Bitstream on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    could this be 3 day woot off?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Careful with these phones! There may be 4 handsets, but I have a 4 handset model that doesn't allow you to pick up 2 at a time! VERY annoying.

Sharp10r on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I don't think anyone was buying them anyways.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    could this be 3 day woot off?

Looks like it. I never noticed that the period mentioned in the "what the hell is a woot-off" blurb is 24-72 hours.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dammit I missed the friggin' Woot-off USB Lights AGAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I thought about snagging a set of those today for people who missed them, but I have a limited Woot budget and I'm still dumb enough to hope for a keyboard and/or, holy of holies, Bags o' Crap.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That receipt scanner needs a decimal point and a few zeros in front of it if they want it to move at all.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, I was in the market for a DVD player for my dad, and wala, a fairly nice one and a couple of free DVD's show up for pretty cheap. I know that HD lost the war blah blah blah, but it was a pretty good price, especially considering that I think my dad is also getting a new TV this Christmas. Nice little one two combo.

Speaking of which, how long does it usually take items to get places? It took my Star War's Vault package like a month to arrive, but I received an email saying that it had indeed shipped late. Other than that, I haven't ordered anything before, and was wondering if its fairly plausible to get the item by Christmas?

Also, have any Bag's of Crap appeared yet? And out of curiosity, what kind of stuff have you guys gotten out of them?

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, I was in the market for a DVD player for my dad, and wala, a fairly nice one and a couple of free DVD's show up for pretty cheap. I know that HD lost the war blah blah blah, but it was a pretty good price, especially considering that I think my dad is also getting a new TV this Christmas. Nice little one two combo.

Speaking of which, how long does it usually take items to get places? It took my Star War's Vault package like a month to arrive, but I received an email saying that it had indeed shipped late. Other than that, I haven't ordered anything before, and was wondering if its fairly plausible to get the item by Christmas?

Also, have any Bag's of Crap appeared yet? And out of curiosity, what kind of stuff have you guys gotten out of them?

Honestly, the XBox 360 HD-DVD player was one of the best purchases I've EVER made.

I saw it after HD-DVD lost the war. It was $30, came with the sweet remote (that is $20 on its own in stores), and on amazon, buy.com and half.com, I've picked up TONS of HD-DVD's for cheaper than the REGULAR DVDs are selling! People just don't seem to grasp that just because the format is dead, it doesnt retroactively destroy all old HD-DVDs. I picked up Planet Earth for $28. The whole series. In HD. I already had the DVD version (it was $80!), but I loved that documentary so much it was worth it for HD. And then I sold the regular DVD set, on ebay, used, for $60. I picked up The Fountain and 300 for a total for $11. It's crazy what people are selling old HD-DVDs for, and I love it.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I saw it after HD-DVD lost the war. It was $30, came with the sweet remote (that is $20 on its own in stores), and on amazon, buy.com and half.com, I've picked up TONS of HD-DVD's for cheaper than the REGULAR DVDs are selling! People just don't seem to grasp that just because the format is dead, it doesnt retroactively destroy all old HD-DVDs. I picked up Planet Earth for $28. The whole series. In HD. I already had the DVD version (it was $80!), but I loved that documentary so much it was worth it for HD. And then I sold the regular DVD set, on ebay, used, for $60. I picked up The Fountain and 300 for a total for $11. It's crazy what people are selling old HD-DVDs for, and I love it.

This. I tried to explain this to people when HD-DVD was going under, but nobody listened.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    mxmarks wrote: »

Honestly, the XBox 360 HD-DVD player was one of the best purchases I've EVER made.

Yeah, I am thinking about buying one for my 360, but my whole reason for getting my dad a separate DVD player was because he kept taking my Xbox out of my room to watch things out in the living room. :P

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Haha, now you DEF should get one for the 360, if you can find one. You and your dad can share HD-DVDs! Hope you got 2 GOOD ones with that player (not firewall...)

mxmarks on