As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Good psp co-op games?

Funguy McAidsFunguy McAids Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Games and Technology
Can people please recommend me some awesome co-op games for psp?

Funguy McAids on

• AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Monster Hunter Freedom 2
    Killzone: Liberation

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah Monster Hunter is the big one. Also I've never played it, but Dungeon Explorer looks like it would be pretty fun coop.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Games that I've played:
    Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Period. One of the best Co-Op games EVER and millions of Japanese people agree. *grin*

If you aren't into having your ass handed to you on a constant basis, though (and Monster Hunter WILL hand your ass to you, chopped and grilled well done... you'll be crying for a lock-on system or a HP meter in the beginning), you can go for Diablo clone fare with Dungeon Siege: Broken World. Two player Co-Op only, and it is fairly buggy. But it's probably the best traditional Diablo clone game on the PSP. It's also really easy (just stack on a lot of Damage Add items).

One of the best Co-Op multiplayer games isn't out in the States yet. It's Phantasy Star Portable (the OTHER big PSP game in Japan). Should be here in March of next year.

Final Fantasy Tactics has Co-Op missions. Unfortunately, both players really have to get a Single Player game going to really take advantage of this. The Co-Op content is limited.

Untold Legends (1 and 2) both have Co-Op, but they are really terrible games. Especially the 2nd one. If you REALLY want to play it, play the first one only.

Games that I don't know about:
    I'm told that the PSP Tenchu game has Co-Op.

Metal Slug Anthology MAY have Co-Op. I hope it does, at least. Metal Slug is fun, but two players is a blast.

The Warriors Orochi has Co-Op multiplayer. If you like hack and slash Dynasty Warriors games, the Warriors Orochi is about the ULTIMATE in that genre.

For the "Superhero variant" Diablo clone fare, X-Men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance is similar. They are well-done (I think, anyway) ports of their bigger brothers.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    edited December 2008
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Metal Slug Anthology MAY have Co-Op. I hope it does, at least. Metal Slug is fun, but two players is a blast.

I own this and can confirm that it does.

greeble on

I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dungeon Explorer is terrible and you shouldn't play it. :P

urahonky on
    edited December 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

Hah, ok. I was only interested in it because someone else on this board recommended it.

greeble on

• Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Yeah, I rented it thinking it would be good. Probably one of the worst games on the PSP.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
    edited December 2008
    greeble wrote: »

Hah, ok. I was only interested in it because someone else on this board recommended it.

It's great for maybe an hour or so. But the co-op on it forces you to play their characters, not the ones you were building up. So basically you start out at the max level and you find your gear from there. Really, really lame.

urahonky on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I think you mean it's awesome.

The beginning kind of sucks, but it gets badass when you get farther in.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kaseius wrote: »

Are you talking about the Co-op? Because that's the context of the thread, and urahonky's comments about the co-op indicate that it would suck (I wouldn't want to play pre-set maxed out characters).

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    edited December 2008
    Kaseius wrote: »

Maybe. But then that means the beginning is full of all kinds of terrible. And this is coming from a man who defended Hellgate: London's mediocracy till it collapsed.

urahonky on