As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 4E Aussie/NZ recruiting] Sunday Night DnD.

AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriumsPlateau of LengRegistered User regular
edited December 2008 in Critical Failures
I have finished up a long Promethean chronicle, which while good fun 4th edition holds my interest too much. So I have some free time to run another game. This game though has a few restrictions:

I'm looking for Australian and New Zealanders primarily. I can be flexible, but you'd have to make a 5:30pm-9:30pm Australian time game (that's Sydney time), which is a 7:30pm-11:30pm New Zealand time game. Experience tells me this is in the middle of the night for people in the US and other timezones.

Anyway, the game will use maptools (B45)/ventrillo. I already in fact have 2 other people who definitely want to play and so I'm looking for 3-4 more people from this forum who can make a Sunday night game. It's again set in the Forgotten Realms, because I just have a thing for it, but it's going to be, well let's say a bit different than standard Forgotten Realms fare and leave it at that.

You will need a PHB and I also recommend Adventurers Vault and Martial Power (but these are not required).

Current players (I have 2 guys who are likely to play):

Solidsnake (Paladin)
Spacecow (Ranger)
romanqwerty (Rogue?)
visiblehowl (Cleric)
dropsofangst (Fighter)

And then we'll fill in the rolls from there. So let me know if you want to play! I intend to start the game in January.

Here is a image that may or may not give you clues about what the potential plot could be.

bloodiedflower.jpg

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
Aegeri on

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll go ahead and put my name in as a 75% chance to participate.

I'm in Los Angeles, but I'm usually up pretty late, so I should be just fine for this.

I would either be playing a Cleric or Warlock of some sort. However, I'm not tremendously familiar with Forgotten Realms, so maybe one or the other of those classes isn't appropriate to the setting? I'm pretty easygoing, though, and I learn quickly, so I can adapt to whatever the GM/party wants or needs.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Clerics and Warlocks are crawling over every 5 feet of Faerun so I don't think you'll have a problem. We'll see about the time and such. Aussies and New Zealanders will get priority, but other folks will be selected if there aren't any Australians or New Zealanders without a game around here.

Aegeri on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am almost certainly down for this.

I live in sydney but havn't played 4th edition or over the net before. I am open to playing whatever type of char suits the party/campaign.

Reading the new PHB as we speak.

romanqwerty on
    edited December 2008
    Depending on if I've convinced the other person from NZ to play, we probably need a striker, controller or leader. Leaders are a bit tricky to get to grips with if you're new to the rules, so a controller or striker is a good first option. The only real controller option is the wizard though (who is also the biggest arguable departure from 3.5 rules). In general though, we have one defender, one striker and so a leader pretty much means the other two classes (or three, depending on if I take five or six people, not sure yet) can do whatever they want. Though preferably a second defender and striker or controller and striker instead of two strikers (I find striker heavy parties can run into trouble very quickly if things start going wrong).

Aegeri on
    edited December 2008
    Still looking for another 2 people or so. Plenty of time though, we'll be starting in January.

Looks like Defender/Defender (other PC is a fighter)/Striker. So that leaves the tricky roles of controller/leader. There is probably going to be six PCs, so another striker isn't a bad option either. A good party makeup for this would be 2x Defenders, 2x Striker, Cleric as leader and a wizard.

Aegeri on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I kinda wish I still worked nights. A 1 AM game on the Saturday/Sunday transition would have been cool. Too bad.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited December 2008
    We're beginning on January 11th. Let me know if that doesn't suit anyone or similar. Also, I've decided that I like VisibleHowl and as he also wants to play a Cleric, I've decided to make him an unofficial New Zealander.

John Key said it was fine and everything.

Aegeri on
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    We're beginning on January 11th. Let me know if that doesn't suit anyone or similar. Also, I've decided that I like VisibleHowl and as he also wants to play a Cleric, I've decided to make him an unofficial Kiwi.

John Key said it was fine and everything.

I fixed it for you. :P

I curse my current lack of time, otherwise I'd be tempted.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    edited December 2008
    Just one more or so. I think we've got it sorted so long as the other person agrees.

Aegeri on
    edited December 2008
    Example of something you may or may not face:

Yokai.jpg

Aegeri on
This discussion has been closed.