As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] An Evening with Sander Cohen - Game Over!

14567810»

• Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    B:L was vig? No wonder I died :P

I thought MagicMan and Wildcat were gonna pull it off.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Exarch wrote: »
    Glad you guys enjoyed it, and yes, they killed each other as was prophesied.

I actually did name four of the splicers, with the jilted lover being the only one without a name, I just forgot to include the names in the subsequent narrations. One of a few errors I made throughout the game.

I learned a lot though, and I'm especially interested to hear what you guys thought of the mechanics, and I want to hear from the splicers, since I feel they got screwed over early on by inactivity.

Crownaxe was the seer, his target was made public via the spotlight.

You can't really balance for inactivity. All in all, this phalla played out well and active enough.

The seating may be troublesome, because once someone moves and attacks, it'll be pretty obvious who did what. Maybe give those with kill abilities a "drag" mechanic to grab two or three people with them to another area, to cover their tracks? I dunno.

Little Sisters might be hard to portray accurately because of their invulnerability, but maybe have some ADAM harvesters? Harvest enough ADAM, gain an ability? Just throwing out some ideas to get "normal villagers" involved.

Also, Rend, watch out for GRUNDLOGIC! The list you posted was TWO DAYS OLD. D:

But all's well that end's well. :lol:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Basic mechanics overview:

Village had a Seer, guard, and vig.

Guard and vig went neutral when Sander died and gained a kill, seer's target was mentioned in the narration.

Sander could temporarily incap people via Enthrallment, and had to hit everyone to win, very difficult to do so, but possible, since his targets counted as alive and could be targeted as normal, though noone ever tried.

The splicers had five memebers, but started in three groups: 2, 2, and 1, the Jilted lover who had a name of one member of each duo. So they could have networked day one had the two, Rainfall and Grundl not been inactive.

Jilted lover got a kill when Sander died, which was mandatory, and had a backstage pass.

Sander, the JL, and four villagers had BS passes, allowing them to hit the third location.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    B:L wrote: »

Why do you hate me so much =(

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I hit you because I love you so much.

So, you don't actually have proboards? :|

• Options
    edited December 2008
    So they could have networked day one had the two, Rainfall and Grundl not been inactive.

It was Egos and I and I had no idea why Wildcat was contacting me so I tried to verify him first

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If all the mafia was enthralled, would we have won the game? Or did we really have to kill Zellpher?

And yeah, the locations really help to narrow it down, but it doesn't do much for the first few days (probably, with specific movements it could have been revealing).

And yeah, Rend, bad list :lol:.

Can't believe two of the mafia went inactive the first day :|.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Magicman and I were talking through PMs. Same w/ Wildcat.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Little Sisters might be hard to portray accurately because of their invulnerability, but maybe have some ADAM harvesters? Harvest enough ADAM, gain an ability? Just throwing out some ideas to get "normal villagers" involved.

Yeah I have a mechanic in mind for my main, I just didn't think there was room for them in a 20 person game.

I'm working on some ideas to keep villagers interested, but it generally wasn't vanillagers who were inactive this game heh.

Grundl! You're alive! What happened with the splicers?

Exarch on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It was Rainfall - MM, Grundl - Egos, Wildcat. I'm specifically interested to hear about how this networking went since it's a mechanic I want to use heavily in my main.

Exarch on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I still contend that Kime was actually evil this entire game.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Got any juicy tidbits to share? I like the behind-the-scenes stuff.

• Options
    edited December 2008
    I still contend that Kime was actually evil this entire game.
    Yeah, I was. I was hoping nobody would catch my evil-vibes, but somehow you just kept tracking me. . . .

^^^What B:L said.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well it started when you wanted your armspace...and went from there

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It was Rainfall - MM, Grundl - Egos, Wildcat. I'm specifically interested to hear about how this networking went since it's a mechanic I want to use heavily in my main.

Ah they were networked as well? I see

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Got any juicy tidbits to share? I like the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Just roleplaying and such... I'll post a few after this WoW instance :P

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Haha... told you I was good. Sucks to be evil though. Enjoyed the game though. I really like the bioshock universe.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    MagicManMagicMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ugh fuck I even said in my kill pm that I hope Wildcat is not a baddie. Yeah early on the only one I knew was a baddie was my partner (Grundterror) but he got killed off pretty early so I was left alone for most of the game. I was never contacted by anyone and I really didnt try to network till the last 2 days or so for fear that I would get caught..

I kind of used Kime and I am sorry for that (no grudge please :lol: ) but it help me out to find Sander Cohen (before he came out). Oh and I was the one that stopped killing. It got to a point where it seemed better to just let you guys kill each other off.

All and all a really fun game! Thanks for hosting Exarch...the way everything worked out and the story was tops!

MagicMan on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Yeah I have a mechanic in mind for my main, I just didn't think there was room for them in a 20 person game.

I'm working on some ideas to keep villagers interested, but it generally wasn't vanillagers who were inactive this game heh.

Iv been thinking about how a Bioshock phalla could be run.

Basically all normal phalla abilities (Seering-Guard-Attack) could be bought as tonics with Adam. Everyone starts with one point of Adam on the first day.

Each day little sisters gain an extra 2 Adam which they can trade and send as gifts though the game Host to other players.

Daily actions include Setting Raptures Turret and security system. Choosing who gets that daily supply of Adam. They get an extra Adam in that nights narration.

Players can use these ability for their night actions. Players which learn too many Tonics (2+) also have a chance of getting addicted and being converted to splicers the splicer faction.

Factions are:

Splicers (Thug Faction) - Kill all little sisters and Resistance movement.
    Resistance movement (village) - Kill Andrew Ryan, Frank Fontaine.
    Little sisters - Survive, Kill Splicers Andrew Ryan, Frank Fontaine.
    Big Daddys - Find and protect little sisters. A Big daddy guard on a little sister cannot be blocked.

Lone Wolfs are Andrew Ryan, Frank Fontaine, Jack
    Frank wins by killing all of the Resistance moveent and Andrew Ryan Bridgette Tenenbaum.
    Andrew Wins by Killing Resistance movement, Frank Fontaine. Bridgette Tenenbaum.
    Bridgette Is a member of the Little sister group and wins with their objective.

Jack is neautral.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    MagicMan wrote: »

I kind of used Kime and I am sorry for that (no grudge please :lol: ) but it help me out to find Sander Cohen (before he came out). Oh and I was the one that stopped killing. It got to a point where it seemed better to just let you guys kill each other off.

No grudge :lol:. Actually, it made me really suspicious of you near the end of that PM chain, when I told you that killing the enthraller could be exactly what the mafia wanted. Turns out you didn't even know a baddie was enthralled, but in my mind you did! I was going to kill you that night I died, too, except I went for Oats instead (just to get rid of the enthralled people). Who wasn't in my area :|.

I think I'm going to grudge myself for that, I'm so mad at myself. Can't believe I had him in the wrong place D:.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    MagicMan wrote: »
    Ugh fuck I even said in my kill pm that I hope Wildcat is not a baddie. Yeah early on the only one I knew was a baddie was my partner (Grundterror) but he got killed off pretty early so I was left alone for most of the game. I was never contacted by anyone and I really didnt try to network till the last 2 days or so for fear that I would get caught..

All and all a really fun game! Thanks for hosting Exarch...the way everything worked out and the story was tops!

I told you it looked like wildcat was on our side >_<

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    MagicMan wrote:
    MagicMan wrote:
    MagicMan wrote:
    My dear, it looks like we will be working together! Oh what a treat! The theater! HOW I HATE IT!

NOISE NOISE NOISE! GET OUT OF HERE, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! I -- I

Oh it's you brother! Good to see ya, good to see ya. What shall we do with these little fishies, eh? Lying in the wait or jumping straight in, what'cha think?
    It sounds like if we find the others than we get to join in on the fun and mess with the goodie two shoes! Should we start talking? Lieing? Having fun?

We should start listening, my brother. Listening. Watching. Learning.

My ears have already picked up a sound. A sound worth listening to. Worth watching. And I've learned.

I've learned that Wildcat and Egos are up to something, they claim to be miscreants and seem to know that I am up to no good as well. We shall see, what have you learned brother?
    I believe that oats is someone who may be one of us...hopefully. Our numbers are falling fast. We already lost one sheep from the flock.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    warban wrote: »

Iv been thinking about how a Bioshock phalla could be run.

Basically all normal phalla abilities (Seering-Guard-Attack) could be bought as tonics with Adam. Everyone starts with one point of Adam on the first day.

Each day little sisters gain an extra 2 Adam which they can trade and send as gifts though the game Host to other players.

Daily actions include Setting Raptures Turret and security system. Choosing who gets that daily supply of Adam. They get an extra Adam in that nights narration.

Players can use these ability for their night actions. Players which learn too many Tonics (2+) also have a chance of getting addicted and being converted to splicers the splicer faction.

Factions are:

Splicers (Thug Faction) - Kill all little sisters and Resistance movement.
    Resistance movement (village) - Kill Andrew Ryan, Frank Fontaine.
    Little sisters - Survive, Kill Splicers Andrew Ryan, Frank Fontaine.
    Big Daddys - Find and protect little sisters. A Big daddy guard on a little sister cannot be blocked.

Lone Wolfs are Andrew Ryan, Frank Fontaine, Jack
    Frank wins by killing all of the Resistance moveent and Andrew Ryan Bridgette Tenenbaum.
    Andrew Wins by Killing Resistance movement, Frank Fontaine. Bridgette Tenenbaum.
    Bridgette Is a member of the Little sister group and wins with their objective.

Jack is neautral.

One thing here, the splicers technically answer to Ryan, so Maybe lump him in with them and give his some sort of leader ability. If you really want another neutral, put Sander back in.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The splicers answer to their addiction of Adam more than anything else. It depends on how you wound want to twist up alliances i think.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    but Ryan commands them throughout the beginning of the game, so I still see him as leader of the splicers.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shame my fake "epic reveal" didn't work. But it ended up working overall.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Shame my fake "epic reveal" didn't work. But it ended up working overall.

Man that had me laughing. Good show on that one, though I would have picked someone that wasn't horribly evil in the game.

After seeing those baddie PMs, I'm really surprised you guys didn't work better with each other. The test was to see how you guys would react to one sided network formation, and I think I've got my answer lol. I had assumed it was all just people being inactive, so sorry for the implications Grundl, though I haven't heard from Rainfall yet.

Glad you guys liked it, and thanks for all the input. Given how long it'll be before my Main, I'll probably end up doing another mini before then, test out a new build etc.

I was def surprised when I signed up that no one else had nabbed the Bioshock theme before me. Now I have dibs and I'm gonna milk it for all it's worth heheh.

Exarch on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I PMed Egos and Grundl on Day 1. Egos didn't reply and got killed the same day, Grundl waited until the next day and decided not to give me his contact's name. Any attempt to network died with him.

Shame - I'd thought the pass was too good to be true and so it proved. Still, more fitting an end than my option to flee the performance. How I giggled when my kill was blamed on everyone else.

Thanks for hosting this, Exarch, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh crap. I thought that was the current list.

Oh well, it still came out in our favor! :D

Rend on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fun fun. Also, was not village aligned. At least I don't think so. My lie didn't pay off anyway. Had a bunch of fun being a crazy man, although not sure if I got it right, having never played bioshock.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Really great theme, I would have loved to be more active but I was enthralled for almost the entirety of the game, and then I was killed...

jackisreal on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Interesting tidbit: I sent in my kill orders at the beginning of each turn...and never changed them.

Also, the Suchong reveal had me rolling. I didn't believe it, but it was still funny. :lol:

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Such an overachiever. I barely made most of my orders in on time. . .

kime on
    Steam profile