As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] SEVERE STOMACH PAIN!?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I would turn my shaman into a Tauren or an Orc. I just really am sick of how a male troll looks now.

Well in that case your answer is a female troll, who are just awesome. I mean, aslong as you pick That One Face. You'll know which one.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Makershot wrote: »
    I'm glad I rolled an Orc in the first place, the best race in the game

every problem in warcraft: solved

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Unless you want to roll a druid or a pally or something

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    fuck 'em

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I rolled a different face for my female troll and I gave her big and pronounced tusks

to this day, I have not seen another

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    fuck 'em
    Fuck you.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    right here pal *crotch grab*

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Update the male troll model to the ZA troll model. Problems fucking solved.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Orc Paladins are way overdo, though.

Like, c'mon.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Update the male troll model to the ZA troll model. Problems fucking solved.

Except you still have the shitty animations (which somehow look even more monged on the ZA model).

815165 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Like, c'mon.

look they may not make sense but anything is better than blood elf animations

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Are there any PA Horde Guilds out there recruiting? Former guild I am in seems to be dragging its feet on reinstating me - they sure did love all those mats and gold I unloaded on them though prior to retiring.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ED! wrote: »
    Are there any PA Horde Guilds out there recruiting? Former guild I am in seems to be dragging its feet on reinstating me - they sure did love all those mats and gold I unloaded on them though prior to retiring.

Beasts on Ravenholdt (you shuldnt come here, zombie goasts) are open to all PAers, as far as I know.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Like, c'mon.
    look they may not make sense but anything is better than blood elf animations
    Did Blood Elf paladins make sense, Jim?

And Orcs have the best beards. Facial hair is pretty crucial to channeling the light.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I knew they'd do something like this! Whats next, buy a new /dance animation for your account? $5 for each?

Their greed truly knows know bounds. When they eventually run out of frivolous(sp?), cosmetic things, will they eventually add things you can buy that advance your character in some way? Buying artifacts? Buying extra glyph slots? Extra character slots?

So seriously, we all know changing races will be added sometime; presumably when their subscriber base's rate of growth levels off or begins to slow again.

So when will they stop with this stuff?

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    Their greed truly knows know bounds. When they eventually run out of frivolous(sp?), cosmetic things, will they eventually add things you can buy that advance your character in some way? Buying artifacts? Buying extra glyph slots? Extra character slots?
    They've already stated that they remain firm in their stance that the only things players should be able to purchase should be purely cosmetic. I don't see why this bothers people so much.

Race changing will not happen because you'll have people constantly switching depending on PvP or PvE.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    I knew they'd do something like this! Whats next, buy a new /dance animation for your account? $5 for each?

So seriously, we all know changing races will be added sometime; presumably when their subscriber base's rate of growth levels off or begins to slow again.

So when will they stop with this stuff?

Are you one of those people who complained when they made it easier to level alts? Because your argument makes no sense.

People pay extra money to change their look if they want to. Better than no option...

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I hope they never stop, this functionality would've been vastly more useful to me than the simple name change I got when I wanted to leave my reputation behind on Dark Iron

if this feature were available at the time, I might not have had to leave a t5-geared 70 Rogue behind (this was progression content at the time) and roll another elsewhere

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    I hope they never stop, this functionality would've been vastly more useful to me than the simple name change I got when I wanted to leave my reputation behind on Dark Iron

if this feature were available at the time, I might not have had to leave a t5-geared 70 Rogue behind (this was progression content at the time) and roll another elsewhere

Oh, I still remember the hillarious gchat involving merilynn on Ravenholdt. Your reputation is not going anywhere. ;-)

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't get this character customization thing for $15. Change hairstyle? Can't you do that at a barber? I mean, even your face changes when you're at the barber (at least for Undead it does). The only thing I'm seeing here thats different than whats available in-game is changing your gender. Is there something I'm missing?

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Oh, I still remember the hillarious gchat involving merilynn on Ravenholdt. Your reputation is not going anywhere. ;-)
    better people remember Meralynn's gchat on Ravenholdt than Etoile's /pennyarcade chat on Dark Iron, I guess

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't get this character customization thing for $15. Change hairstyle? Can't you do that at a barber? I mean, even your face changes when you're at the barber (at least for Undead it does). The only thing I'm seeing here thats different than whats available in-game is changing your gender. Is there something I'm missing?

Well, technically your face stays the same as undead, their accessories are just a lot more noticeable than most (and in some cases cover most of said face model).

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aldarez wrote: »

Well, technically your face stays the same as undead, their accessories are just a lot more noticeable than most (and in some cases cover most of said face model).

So its $15 to change your gender and face? When in fact everything else you can do is at the barber (oh and name change, forgot that). It just seems pointless since there is a barber in the game.

If I could change race, hell yes I would change my troll mage to an undead like my main.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, I never thought I'd say this, but sweet zombie jesus Azjol Nerub could do with some more trash.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    So, I never thought I'd say this, but sweet zombie jesus Azjol Nerub could do with some more trash.

The amount of trash in current dungeons is actually just about right. They finally got rid of it. Its just the bosses that need to be tuned up.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    815165 wrote: »

The amount of trash in current dungeons is actually just about right. They finally got rid of it. Its just the bosses that need to be tuned up.

See, I like getting experience from dungeons on repeat runs, as well as having time to adjust to everyone's play style somewhat before doing a boss battle (since apparently I'm one of the few who actively PUGs). Personally, I think Azjol Nerub as is should be how it is on heroic, and for normal add more trash for experience and adjustment time. Or rep, as the case requires for later dungeons.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    For the majority of instances, I'm with Disruptor - the trash is just right. I've never had as much fun running instances as I'm having right now. I can see where you're coming from with Azjol Nerub though, it feels strange finishing an instance in less time than it took to form the group for it.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    They need to just uniformly increase rep gains gotten from normal dungeons if they don't want them to be looked at as utterly worthless. Reputation gains in the heroic versions are five times as much. It's ludicrous. I got less than 400 rep from a Halls of Lightning run (skipped a few groups at the end, granted) as a human. 50 reputation per boss? Fucking Christ, Blizzard, no wonder everyone is skipping right to Heroics.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    They need to just uniformly increase rep gains gotten from normal dungeons if they don't want them to be looked at as utterly worthless. Reputation gains in the heroic versions are five times as much. It's ludicrous. I got less than 400 rep from a Halls of Lightning run (skipped a few groups at the end, granted) as a human. 50 reputation per boss? Fucking Christ, Blizzard, no wonder everyone is skipping right to Heroics.

Regular runs aren't really meant for geared 80's though, they drop 78 loots.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    400 reputation is still worthless for instances that were supposedly tuned to 80s. For a group of 77s blazing through them? Okay, maybe the 400 reputation is just gravy.

I was pretty near the front of my server's leveling wave, though, and people then still believed that Blizzard's "level 80 instances" were intended for "level 80 players," or at least were waiting to hit 79 or so. I'd be happy seeing the rep gains amped up or Blizzard to stop referring to them as "level 80 instances."

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    400 reputation is still worthless for instances that were supposedly tuned to 80s. For a group of 77s blazing through them? Okay, maybe the 400 reputation is just gravy.

I was pretty near the front of my server's leveling wave, though, and people then still believed that Blizzard's "level 80 instances" were intended for "level 80 players," or at least were waiting to hit 79 or so. I'd be happy seeing the rep gains amped up or Blizzard to stop referring to them as "level 80 instances."

That is rather odd, yes. I was rather surprised to find that regs didn't drop 80 gear.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Damn it. Got Tyrande, Velan, And varian wrynn down tonight (Was worth the repair bills just to kill that fucker) but we wiped when attempting King Magni. 100+ allies came to defend =/

We're going at it again tomorrow, but starting with IF this time hoping for a few less defenders that way. The black war bear will be mine!

Zerokku on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm so sad my guild did a realm first kill of all the Alliance leaders while I was at work.

And this is Silver Hand, one of the first servers when WoW came out. Realm first.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So apparently there was a fuckup with a shipment of fresh crabs at my Safeway. They're cracked up and shit, but they were on fire sale for 60% off.

In short, I am now playing WoW and eating crabs.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    murderer

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Jim you're just jealous that you're not enjoying marked-down and defective shellfish as your MMO snack

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    I'm so sad my guild did a realm first kill of all the Alliance leaders while I was at work.

And this is Silver Hand, one of the first servers when WoW came out. Realm first.

!!!!

I play Alliance side on Silver Hand.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I was just reading the end of the old chat thread, and it was making me depressed. I was reading about arbitrary gear milestones and how people were being excluded from groups based on these numbers. I'm still level 70 for various reasons, although I've had the xpac since launch. By the time I'm ready to roll it seems I'm going to be outgeared.

How did this happen so fast?

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    langfor6 wrote: »
    I was just reading the end of the old chat thread, and it was making me depressed. I was reading about arbitrary gear milestones and how people were being excluded from groups based on these numbers. I'm still level 70 for various reasons, although I've had the xpac since launch. By the time I'm ready to roll it seems I'm going to be outgeared.

How did this happen so fast?

People are idiots. Non-heroic dungeons can be done in your sleep, and heroics are not very difficult to gear for.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hate PUGs. Grrr.

langfor6 on
This discussion has been closed.