As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] SEVERE STOMACH PAIN!?

• Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Long story short, We're now tied with Shadow Priest as the weakest classes in PvP and getting good dps in raids as a warlock means you can't just shadow bolt turret anymore. So a lot of the tardlocks have gone.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Arasaki wrote: »
    Reigner wrote: »
    Am I a horrible person for wanting something bad to happen to the DK class so the retards go back to their mains, and we stop being the running gag of the expansion.

From what I have seen so far the running gags are hunters, at least on US Magtheridon.

Clearly you've never tried to get a group as a DK tank.

Me: DK Tank LFG
    Random douchenozzle: ololz DKs cant tank! hurr duur durble
    Me: Well, we don't all suck ya know
    Random douchenozzle: I grouped with one that one time, we wiped, DKs suck
    Me: Sigh, fine, here are my stats, can we get this shit going now
    Random douchenozzle: ololz DKs

We have a server-wide 25-man PuG that run instances on the weekends (run by a guild that's not completely braindead), and they refuse to take me because "ololz DKs /drool"

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tell them to remove the tree trunk from their asses, or How I learned to stop worrying and love the DK.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Not only do I love my 70 DK and tanking with him, but on my main I love DKs as tanks. I change minds about DK tanks every day four people at a time tanking UK and Nexus. Yeah, they're not the supreme challenge and are only lvl 70, but I am fairly certain no one has ever died in one of my groups where I tanked. Maybe it's cause I was a warrior main tank for the first half of TBC.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Having DKs does help with casters that are just being dicks so I don't need to LoS all the time.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have been on far too many runs with Death knights who claimed they could tank and a few times with ones that can

It seems to me to be a gear and intell check

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have been on far too many runs with Death knights who claimed they could tank and a few times with ones that can

It seems to me to be a gear and intell check

There's a lot that are all "HEY I'M 80 TIME FOR HEROICS" and then put out 700 dps or get hit with 2 18000 damage crits on the first trash pull. There were heroics I couldn't/wouldn't even touch until I got badge and naxx gear.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    For all the DKs who can't get people to let them tank, I can't seem to stop getting groups to invite me to tank. I'll be in the queue as "Unholy DPS" and these groups will insist on me tanking, even though I'm not tank specced and only have cobalt gear.

The group yesterday for regular UK? Me, 3 rogues, and a shadow priest alternating between dpsing and healing. Guess how well that went? One of the rogues was regularly putting out 400 dps or less, and justified it by saying "I'm sorry I don't spend all day playing and thinking about this game, why should I put in more effort if I'm getting just as much experience as everyone else?" They then invited me to join their guild D:

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Am I a horrible person for wanting something bad to happen to the DK class so the retards go back to their mains, and we stop being the running gag of the expansion.

From what I have seen so far the running gags are hunters, at least on US Magtheridon.

I have Alliance on Magtheridon that I no longer touch. Do you play there a lot? I seem to encounter a high concentration of assholes there, and that coupled with my general loathing for that faction caused me to abandon that server.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Clearly you've never tried to get a group as a DK tank.

Me: DK Tank LFG
    Random douchenozzle: ololz DKs cant tank! hurr duur durble
    Me: Well, we don't all suck ya know
    Random douchenozzle: I grouped with one that one time, we wiped, DKs suck
    Me: Sigh, fine, here are my stats, can we get this shit going now
    Random douchenozzle: ololz DKs

We have a server-wide 25-man PuG that run instances on the weekends (run by a guild that's not completely braindead), and they refuse to take me because "ololz DKs /drool"

Give it time. I remember when Blizzard finally started taking Paladin tanking more seriously. I want to say it was around patch 1.12/TBC launch, and there was heavy resistance to Paladin tanking back then as well.

The expansion is still new, it's just that there are more people playing WoW than ever before, hence more morons.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I remember that. "Paladins should only be healers!"

However the 2 ret paladins that played absolutely dominated PvP back then more so than they do know. I remember some paladins 1 shotting people with eye for an eye I think it was.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    bowen wrote: »

However the 2 ret paladins that played absolutely dominated PvP back then more so than they do know. I remember some paladins 1 shotting people with eye for an eye I think it was.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

As explained to me by baconn/cackwhack back in the day e4e used to have a bug where it'd allow a paladin to return damage if they were getting crit with AoE damage. He would go hang out in silithus and let the horde do their AoE/range damage from the glitched spot on the wall and after a few seconds and healing himself he'd just go over and one shot people.

May or may not have been bunk. I'm not sure how e4e worked back in those days.

bowen on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    Yeah, face rolling to victory, the true sign of a good player.

I didn't provide appropriate context - our rerolls were our best warrior tank, one of our best mages, and one of two nasty enhancement shaman. They know what they're doing regardless of class, it just so happens that the classes that they're playing have a shload of new toys to play with and they just abuse targets with them. There's no shame in that.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    @bowen - I think you're thinking of reckoning. Aka, the reckoning bomb.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think you're thinking of reckoning.

Could be. 4 years is a long time ago.

bowen on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

As explained to me by baconn/cackwhack back in the day e4e used to have a bug where it'd allow a paladin to return damage if they were getting crit with AoE damage. He would go hang out in silithus and let the horde do their AoE/range damage from the glitched spot on the wall and after a few seconds and healing himself he'd just go over and one shot people.

May or may not have been bunk. I'm not sure how e4e worked back in those days.

E4E always returned the damage immediately. Perhaps you were thinking of the old, unbugged version of Reckoning?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I banked my tank gear and respecced blood dps and I sometimes the tank will DC and they will ask me to tank for a bit or something and I'm like "NOOOOOOO".

JJ on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Tanking when you want to dps sucks. Just like having an alt that's a healer and they are all like "welp we need a healer, switch out mister dpser."

bowen on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

No, because three of our best raiders re-rolled DK's and absolutely roll fucking face with them. From our former MT who is now one of our OTs and solid DPS, to the two psychos that I think are Unholy that just beat the piss out of meters, I thoroughly enjoy our DKs. At least the ones who know what they're doing.

Btw, I should clarify - by "roll fucking face" I don't mean keyboard mashing - I meant that as kicking the shit out of things. Like "rolling" someone "off the table". Woops.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    AlgorefiendAlgorefiend Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i knew what you ment dude.

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    E4E, in its first iteration, was bugged. The 50% paladin life cap thing didn't work so a warlock or mage could power up with various enrage BG buffs and flasks and one shot themselves under certain situations.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    From his explanation it really does sound like he's talking about the good old reckoning bomb though.

You know what's funny? Being unguilded at a high level. I went back to a server I had a 70 on that I hadn't played for a while and got into a random guild. One of the guys claimed that he had been playing WoW for seven years, and when I pointed out that the game had only been out for four years he said he played in beta because his uncle worked for Blizzard and got him in.

I just stopped there. I don't even think the game was in development seven years ago, let alone having a playable alpha build. Forget about beta.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm sure the game was in development 7 years ago. Either way, I get what you're saying re: retards spouting off random crap, and people randomly inviting you to guilds. If I'm untagged, it's probably for a reason. Let me be.

Edit:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    World of Warcraft was first announced by Blizzard at the ECTS trade show in September 2001.[34] Development of the game took about five years with extensive testing.

Also, an interesting story on the beta history http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/10/21/the-history-of-the-world-of-warcraft-part-i/

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Edit: beat me to it

I hit 62 on my paladin and I still have a ton of quests available in Hellfire, but I really don't like the zone's aesthetics. I think I may just mosey on over to Zangarmarsh. With the XP changes in Outland it looks like I'll hit 68 very fast.

Also, Wowhead never ceases to impress me. The more I use it the more I like it. It seems like I'm always finding cool new stuff to do there.

I've been reading WoW Insider a lot lately. I don't know why I never checked it out before. A lot of times I'll read the lore articles during long flights.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I recently dropped from my guild because the GM is manipulative and petty as all hell. The next run of Blood Furnace, I was asked three (3) times to sign some dumbass's guild charter. Twice were in the middle of boss fights. Why was this guy in our group?

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    If I'm untagged, it's probably for a reason. Let me be.

Because you're a colossal asshole?

Atleast that's the reason I was always unguilded.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You will. I ended up getting 64 in Hellfire on my DK (did a lot of mage-like group pulls), 65 shortly into terrokar. Probably head to Northrend at 67 and grind my way to 68 with the bonus EXP and rested. (typically did that on every character at level 55 on boars in Outland, hit 58 within two hours [before RaF exp])

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Because alt time is quiet time. I don't need a guild to level. Typically speaking I'm not an a-hole to anybody I play with, even bads. I'm the one trying to hold the awful group together, because fighting is counterproductive and wastes more time.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Make your own alt guild in those cases. I enjoy my <The Cake is a Lie> alt guild. Everyone wants to join, but I claim that it's "invite only."

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    There's a Nelf hunter on my server who's unguilded, Mirrindria that consistently node steals. I've run into her about 6 times in the past 2 months and every single time she flies down, steals the node while you're fighting, and flies away. Most alliance will skip the node if I'm fighting something and just move to the next one, titanium excluded because it's titanium, but every time she will take it.

Even horde won't bother 99% of the time.

I figured she's unguilded because she's a fucking cocksucker.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hm, if that's the general perception of untagged players, maybe I should tag to my bank alt's guild. Though I'm not sure my DK being tagged to <Dont Flask Dont Tell> would get a much more positive reaction.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    There's a Nelf hunter on my server who's unguilded, Mirrindria that consistently node steals. I've run into her about 6 times in the past 2 months and every single time she flies down, steals the node while you're fighting, and flies away. Most alliance will skip the node if I'm fighting something and just move to the next one, titanium excluded because it's titanium, but every time she will take it.

I know what you mean. The alliance as a whole is so quick to grief thier own faction. If they spent half as much time messing with the horde wintergrasp would be heated indeed. I enjoy messing with the horde but hey they're horde they deserve it. you won't see me node or spawn ganking alliance unless they start it.

And if 2 years of FFXI have taught me anything. it's how to spawn gank

edit: and while we're on alt guilds <didn't loot the core hound> gets me some giggles when i'm on my alt.

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Hm, if that's the general perception of untagged players, maybe I should tag to my bank alt's guild. Though I'm not sure my DK being tagged to <Dont Flask Dont Tell> would garner a more positive reaction.

It's more about just having a tag. High level unguilded people are looked at as "What's wrong with them?!" Are you a farmer? Are you a dickwad? Just having a guild tag, of any kind, is better than not having one at all.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I know what you mean. The alliance as a whole is so quick to grief thier own faction. If they spent half as much time messing with the horde wintergrasp would be heated indeed. I enjoy messing with the horde but hey they're horde they deserve it. you won't see me node or spawn ganking alliance unless they start it.

edit: and while we're on alt guilds <didn't loot the core hound> gets me some giggles when i'm on my alt.

Night Elf makes it SO much easier with the racial "Vanish".

Oh, mining that node too? *VANISH!* Now you're being attacked.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That and I wouldn't get invited to guilds full of mouthbreathers called "Øwnage."

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I just had an orc death knight ask me if I wanted to tap a fel iron vein we were both going for. I was so amazed I even took a screenshot.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    langfor6 wrote: »

I have Alliance on Magtheridon that I no longer touch. Do you play there a lot? I seem to encounter a high concentration of assholes there, and that coupled with my general loathing for that faction caused me to abandon that server.

Yeah, my mains are all there. I was in nerdcraft and we transferred from Gul'dan after low population issues. Myself and a couple of the other officers/vets broke off and made a new guild for 10 mans, although we have been partnering up with another guild for 25 mans. I don't tend to do much outside of the guild and I stay well clear of the realm forums. I've not really bothered with realm forums since I left Thunderlord though if I'm honest. I miss the glory days of Isolator.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    GPIA7R wrote: »

Night Elf makes it SO much easier with the racial "Vanish".

Oh, mining that node too? *VANISH!* Now you're being attacked.

i counter the nelf node gankers that vanish with my perma ghoul. 3 second stun = aggro on him and my node hehe.

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    langfor6 wrote: »

I just had an orc death knight ask me if I wanted to tap a fel iron vein we were both going for. I was so amazed I even took a screenshot.

I do that every time. If we're both running to it and I get it first, I always leave a tap or two for the other person. I figure we both deserved it. If I see someone already at a node, I'll always ask "Mind if I tap?" Oftentimes they'll let me have the rest of it. If they simply don't respond or bother to look at me, I decide to either /rude them or "Very kind of you" sarcastically. I dunno... trying to promote kindness here and there...

GPIA7R on
This discussion has been closed.