As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] SEVERE STOMACH PAIN!?

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Has anyone heard about this thing?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37659

What's s special about it?

shryke on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    shryke wrote: »
    Has anyone heard about this thing?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37659

What's s special about it?

read the comments?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    must get for paladin leveling while its OP.
    I wont have no 120 tick rends, but its still gonna be op :D

Kai_San on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh my god I just resubscribed and I am so completely lost in all this stuff

Inscriptions? Glyphs? Heirloom items? Stone trinkets? Tanks? Jiggawhats? Oh god!

Ledneh on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have a question
    I see a lot of death knights with this is there nothing better? because I am seeing this item on even those wearing the 25 man gear

Brainleech on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I asked a DK who's decently decked out in Naxx gear, and IIRC he said the only better one is a 25man naxx drop.

But I mean LOOK There's not a whole lot of choice for them. :(

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Right now, that is the only non-80 Sigil in the game. They're adding a few new level 74 ones to Venture Bay in the next patch.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's the only Sigil in game that doesn't drop from a 25 man at the moment so... yes, everyone will have it until they can get lucky with drops.

EDIT: Beat'd hard. Also I didn't know about a PvP or Dalaran vendor one. I had only heard about the Naxx one.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    frylocked wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »
    frylocked wrote: »
    I just can't justify spending 80 or so badges so I can level a warlock and/or priest.

What cillia said. I have recently purchased: badge shoulders, stone keeper weapon, spell damage trinket. Then another set of badge shoulders of another toon.

Working on the badge weapon now...

PS: yes I realize I play WAY too much.

How do the shoulders work, do you have to buy Cloth for cloth, leather for leather, plate for plate etc, or can you buy cloth and use them on everyone?

You buy the cloth armor. You can then mail it to your alt who then equips it. The item doesnt BOP, so when you are done leveling, I suppose you could mail it to another cloth wearer of your own.

Of course this means that it has to be on the same sever and same factions (for you PVErs out there).

No, no. I meant do they have armour restrictions, in that only cloth wearers (priest mage lock) can wear the cloth, only leather wearers (rogue druid) can wear the leather, etc. Or can I buy the cloth shoulders (they are the ones with 10% exp bonus right) and let any new character I make wear them, such as a warrior?

If so that, would seem to be the way to do it for me. I already have a set of cloth enchanted with stuff like Sta and runspeed and a few other things that I switch between nubs for quick and easy leveling to about 10-15 depending. But if it's class restricted by proficiency then it wouldn't work out for me.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Whatever your class wears, you can equip all the armor classes below it.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Ian at MAc h... I mean Three Panel Soul finished his Gnome Death Night wall paper.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Sigh, I've been clean for three, four months now but I feel the itch to come back. Stupid game, why must you do this to me?

Oh well, can't be as bad as last time I guess when I let myself get suckered into the raiding game. No way I'm letting myself become valuable like that again, unless... what sort of raid times are we talking about now? Are the 10/25 mans still four hour, multi-night slogs, or have they been shortened since the BC era?

They can be.

But if you raid for four hours, it might take you three-four nights to clear everything in your first 2 weeks, but you'll get steadily quicker and quicker. For us, 2 four hour raids would be enough to clear every bit of raid content.

So still Too Goddamned Long then. :(

Oh well, all the more reason to quit at 80 this time instead of trying to hang on to some long-lost sense of fun, I guess

Thats 25mans. 10mans take us about 1 night of 5 hours, if we take the best. And thats everything.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is Mirror of Truth good for Ret? I'm not raiding yet, and my other prospective trinkets are Sphere of Red Dragon Blood and/or Incisor Fragment.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Is Mirror of Truth good for Ret? I'm not raiding yet, and my other prospective trinkets are Sphere of Red Dragon Blood and/or Incisor Fragment.

If you can get it then yes it's worth it. It's a lot of crit and a nice proc. DO IT NOW!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    NO I CAN'T!

10 more badges and I can. Then I'll send you pictures.

:winky:

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    At the same time, save up your golds. You'll need many golds. But once you collect enough golds (and by this point it'll be thousands upon thousands of golds), you can get Darkmoon Card: Greatness.

Best in slot for a very long time.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Me and Golds never seem to get along. She always walks out on me and leaves me flying at 60% speed.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We've been seeing the same Golds.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man guys. Gold is so easy to get in northrend.

so easy

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I still can't get over just how great the whole Wrathgate thing is. I've probably watched it 6 or 7 times now.
    Am I the only one that thinks Putress probably started the whole "Scourge" plague before WotLK came out to test his own plague, then "discovered" the cure so he could get promoted to Grand Apothecary and wreck havoc? Also I had no idea who he was when he showed up, I didn't really get a good look at him during the invasion.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like the story, but really don't know why people rave over the cutscene. It looks awful. Very cool, but the in-game engine just does not lend itself to cutscenes at all.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

so easy

The only problem I have with it is when you get to 80 the gold in exchange of exp is not there when you do quests or dailies

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

so easy

My DK is now my highest character, at about 1/4 of the way left, until 74. I just had enough cash to buy a Titansteel Destroyer. (I have this odd thing... I always want to have something ahead of my to equip when I'm leveling up. So I always buy stuff off the AH I can't use yet...)

They're going for 3k on my server, and I'm not worried at all about having the 1k at 77 for flight, and I am probably one of the worst at wasting money on the AH :(

EWom on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just can't justify spending 80 or so badges so I can level a warlock and/or priest.
    Keep in mind every character you make can use it.

And on top of that, it'll always be equivalent of a similar level blue. So if you get crap gear, you'll have at least ONE piece to fall back on till you do Heroics/Raids.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »

so easy

The only problem I have with it is when you get to 80 the gold in exchange of exp is not there when you do quests or dailies

Wait, what?

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Zandracon wrote: »

so easy

Wait, what?

When you were 60 or 70 instead of getting exp the game you exchange it for more gold
    so if the quest gave 15k exp and 8 gold if you were not level capped it would give you 25g if you were{I only know that problem because it was the netherwing pick up the carts one}

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

so easy

Wait, what?

When you were 60 or 70 instead of getting exp the game you exchange it for more gold
    so if the quest gave 15k exp and 8 gold if you were not level capped it would give you 25g if you were{I only know that problem because it was the netherwing pick up the carts one}

I am reasonably sure this is still in effect at 80.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Joeslop wrote: »

so easy

Wait, what?

The Wrymcrest quests pay the same no matter what level you are
    I did not do the dailies for the Argent crusade or Ebon Blade before I was 80

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

so easy

Wait, what?

The Wrymcrest quests pay the same no matter what level you are
    I did not do the dailies for the Argent crusade or Ebon Blade before I was 80

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=13414

Aces High!

Rewards
    You will receive: 7g 40s (+ 13g 23s at level 80)

Joeslop on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Personally, I can justify spending badges on heirloom items because I've run completely out of other items to spend the badges on. I already bought a trinket, necklace, belt, and libram, I got the T7 chest off of Gluth, the T7 gloves would be a downgrade, I don't care about blue-quality PvP gear, and if I want a Frozen Orb, the AH has way too many of them at reasonable prices.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    also if you're skipping right to raiding at 80, you don't really need a lot of the gear anyways. trinket is about the only thing worth getting since you can't get it elsewhere

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Personally i'd recommend getting the Kirin Tor Waffle Iron, its a really great offhand for the price.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    *cough* mammoth mount

200 emblems of heroism.

I'm a mammoth collector. I collect mammoths.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    As an addition to the Wrathgate thing:
    Apparently there was/is a bug where some players can understand Draconic. After the cinematic, Korialstrasz and Alexstrasza have a short conversation where she says something in Draconic:

Alexstrasza: [Draconic] They must not discover the fate of the young paladin. Not yet.

So he could be a Death Knight, maybe?

Joeslop on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Or she was trying to prevent an all out war from breaking out, but some alliance douchebag told King Varian.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Apparently there was/is a bug where some players can understand Draconic. After the cinematic, Korialstrasz and Alexstrasza have a short conversation where she says something in Draconic:

Alexstrasza: [Draconic] They must not discover the fate of the young paladin. Not yet.

That is weird. It's not as if anyone should be able to understand Draconic.. So why bother putting in actual text?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

That is weird. It's not as if anyone should be able to understand Draconic.. So why bother putting in actual text?
    Why not put in actual text? It's not like it's any extra effort. They have to write something in there, after all.

reVerse on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    reVerse wrote: »

Why not put in actual text? It's not like it's any extra effort. They have to write something in there, after all.
    Well sure, if you want to use common sense.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    reVerse wrote: »

Because how else can you be vauge about future content?
    O no the Puress killed Arathas! what shall we do now?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Or she was trying to prevent an all out war from breaking out, but some alliance douchebag told King Varian.

Unlikely since 5 seconds later she gives you a quest:
    Take Fordragon's shield and go give it to the King. She definitely doesn't tell you NOT to tell him what happened, so it's unlikely to be something similar to that.

EDIT: Got the quest description from WoWhead:
    "Our fate is emblazoned upon our souls at birth. Bolvar's fall, while tragic, was unavoidable.

All that you can do now is honor your hero, <name>. Collect Bolvar's shield from the field of battle and return it to your king. When you present the shield to Varian, tell him this: "All is not lost. From the ashes of the fallen will rise a force that will unite nations and purge the evil from this world."

He mustn't lose faith. Go now, <name>. Your people need a hero. They need you."

So maybe he'll be back as something even better, instead of evil?

Joeslop on
This discussion has been closed.