As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's go to the Bal(dur's Gate)! (Part 14 on Page 16! Yes, updating after 3 months!)

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    as your doctor i highly recommend this treatment

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Afternoon is good.

Evening I'm heading to a bar with a former coworker.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh hey I guess I'm playing Deus Ex this weekend. Good to know.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dear Diary,

BaldursGatePart2_01.jpg

Buffy.jpg: Like, duh I'm ready! Let's go!

BaldursGatePart2_02.jpg

We're leaving today! Gorion was totally nice and healed me and also told me if something bad happened to go to the Friendly Arm Inn... Whatever that is. Apparently he's got some friends there that could help us or something. But I'm sure we'll be okay!

BaldursGatePart2_03.jpg

But then he stopped and said that we were in an ambush, and a big scary armored guy, two ogres, and a lady with a mace or morning star or something stepped out!

ArmoredFigure.jpg: You're perceptive for an old man. You know why I'm here. Hand over your ward and no one will be hurt. If you resist it shall be a waste of your life.

Gorion.jpg: You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt.

ArmoredFigure.jpg: I'm sorry that you feel that way, old man.

BaldursGatePart2_04.jpg

Those jerks totally hit me with an arrow! Gorion told me to run, so I did! I may be brave but I'm not the stupidest person!

BaldursGatePart2_05.jpg

BaldursGatePart2_06.jpg

Last night was worst than the time I drank too much ale and threw up all over Drebbin! Gorion was totally killed by some jerk in scary-looking armor. He told me to run, but I still feel kinda bad, you know? Especially since the creep wanted me!

I can't even get back into Candlekeep either - those jerks are all "Nuh uh, you need a big old boring book to enter! What's that, Gorion's dead? Too bad!" Jerks!

Anyway, he did tell me to go to the Friendly Arm Inn, I guess he has some friends from Wizard School meeting me there? Or meeting us, at least. Well, it would be us if he hadn't been killed.

Oh well.

BaldursGatePart2_07.jpg

Luckily, Imoen had totally decided to be all bad and stuff and follow us! Unfortunately that means she can't get back into Candlekeep either.

Imoen.jpg: Sorry I followed ya, but I never get out of Candlekeep and those monks are such a bore. Never any decent coin in their pockets neither. I... I saw Gorion, and I am SO sorry! Kinda figured something bad might happen to you out here.

Buffy.jpg: You have no idea how bad it was! I had to sleep on the ground! My hair is SUCH a mess! Wait, how'd you figure that something bad would happen anyway?

Imoen.jpg: I... accidentally... read a letter on his desk the other day. Can't remember exactly what it said, but he might still have... It might be on his... his body. Anyway, I'm not gonna let you wander around here all alone. Never let a friend down, no sir! Stick with you until you say otherwise, I will!

Buffy.jpg: Oh, totally, sister!

So now I totally have Imoen with me! Oh man, we are going to have such a killer time together!

Our first task was to find that letter Gorion had. Even if it meant going through a grody old corpse.

BaldursGatePart2_08.jpg

I found a totally cute ring on one of the ogres! Seemed a little girly for him to be carrying it around, but it's mine now!

BaldursGatePart2_09.jpg

We totally found the letter. It was soooo long, and I, like, nearly died reading it! But it was interesting... for a letter.

BaldursGatePart2_10.jpg

The ring is really nice and I was glad to have found it! I was just happy to see that even vicious evil mean monsters like ogres have some fashion sense!

BaldursGatePart2_11.jpg

Then we got attacked by some gross furry things. I think they're called... Gibberlings? Anyway, Imoen and I totally kicked their asses! Girl power!

BaldursGatePart2_12.jpg

While walking up the trail, we found two shady looking dudes looking at us. Imoen and I were just going to act like we were busy and walk past them really fast, but one of them had to talk to us, and since I'm so nice I had to reply.

Monty.jpg: Hello there kid. Rather strange place to be wandering, ain't it? My companion has something to say to ya.

Xzar.jpg: A child wandering the wilderness? Surely you must be none too bright to be traveling these roads.

Monty.jpg: And ye look a bit scuffed, too. A fine pair of troubles all your own.

Xzar.jpg: Indeed. I can offer you healing potions, if you wish, as a token of good will.

Imoen.jpg: : Psst, Buffy, the mage speaks like he's layin' honey on bread, but I dunno... I don't like his eyes a single bit.

Buffy.jpg: Oh, totally, right? He's, like, a total pervert, looking at my boobs and butt! No thanks, dirty pervs, but this body, hot as it is, is only for one man, who I haven't, like, met yet, okay?

Monty.jpg: I'll not be insulted by this whelp!

Xzar.jpg: Now Montaron, had I just been attacked I might be leery as well. So be it, I shall not heal you.

Monty.jpg: Refuse if ye wish.

Xzar.jpg: Neither shall I hold thee ot a debt of honor for slighting my... Good intentions, though your conscience may.

Monty.jpg: Just like all good people.

Xzar.jpg: Perhaps as payment you would go with us to Nashkel. It is a troubled area and we mean to investigate some disturbing rumors surrounding the local mine. Some acquaintances are very concerned about the iron shortage. Specifically, where to lay blame in the matter. You would be useful, though I'll not hold you to it. We are to meet the mayor of the town, a man named Berrun Ghastkill, I believe.

Buffy.jpg: No way, dude! You give me the creeps!

Xzar.jpg: You won't do this for me? You're bad, and I'll have someone hurt you! You'll see! That one's a meany, Monty; not a nice child at all!

Monty.jpg: Now you've gone and set him off! Blasted mage will blither for hours! Off wit ye! I'll not suffer the both of ye!

BaldursGatePart2_13.jpg

Buffy.jpg: Oh right, like it's my fault! That guy was nutso to begin with!

BaldursGatePart2_14.jpg

On our way to the Friendly Arm (which is taking, like, forever, my feet totally hurt and I haven't gotten any beauty sleep), we ran into another weird old dude! What is with all these weird guys coming up to me? It's totally creepy!

E.jpg: Ho there, wanderer. Stay thy course a moment to indulge a old man. It's been nigh unto a tenday since I've seena soul walking this road, and I've been without decent conversation since. Traveling nowadays appears to be the domain of either the desperate or the deranged. If thou wouldst pardon my intrusion, might I inquire which pertains to thee?

Buffy.jpg: Okay, you're like, using way too many big words for me to understand all at once! But I think you asked what our deal is, so we're, like, on our way to the Friendly Arm Inn to meet some friends. Do you know where that is? I'm not very good with maps! Gods, I'm such a blonde, right?

E.jpg: That I would. The Inn is but a short distance to the north, and its doors are open to all. I have no doubt that thy friends shall be there, waiting with open arms. You shall find the protection to the north of shelter, friendship and another kind, if thine eyes be well enough open and thy mind alert, but more than this I cannot say. My sympathies for any hardships the road may have inflicted upon thee, though I am certain everything shall turn out for the best. My, but I have wasted too much of thy time and said too much already. I shall take my leave and wish thee all the best.

BaldursGatePart2_18.jpg

It took us FOREVER to get to the Friendly Arm Inn! We arrived at, like, night time! I don't walk during night time, I'm supposed to be partying!

BaldursGatePart2_19.jpg

The guard was really nice about the rules! It's like he said, just don't be mean! I can do that!

BaldursGatePart2_20.jpg

Some people think we're, like, mercenaries or something? I'm okay with that, I guess - mercenaries make lots of money! More clothes and stylish armor for me, I guess! Oh, and I guess Imoen too.

BaldursGatePart2_21.jpg

We met some weird looking guy at the entrance. He was all friendly and stuff, and I don't trust friendly guys without a lot of appletinis in me!

Buffy.jpg: We're just, like, travelers! You know, traveling here. And stuff.

Tarnesh.jpg: Oh, you must be whom I am to meet, then. I will take you to your friends, but first I should be sure you are the correct person. Is your name Buffy?

Buffy.jpg: Um, no! It totally isn't, and I think I'm insulted that you think I am! Like, how presumptuous!

Tarnesh.jpg: Really? I would beg to differ. You fit the description, so I think it would be safe to assume you are the one I seek. Don't move. I have something for you.

BaldursGatePart2_22.jpg

Then he totally cast a spell and there were like four of him! And I was like "Whoa, I didn't want to do you at first and I definitely don't want to do four of you!"

BaldursGatePart2_23.jpg

He was totally a wuss, though, and Imoen took him down pretty easily - after he tried to scare us and ended up scaring himself too! Boys are so silly!

BaldursGatePart2_24.jpg

He had this old scroll, and I guess people are trying to kill me! Wow, I've barely been out a day and already people want to kill me, I feel like a famous adventurer already! Only 200 gold, though, I'll have to work on raising that amount. I'm totally worth more than that!

BaldursGatePart2_25.jpg

We saw these two elves at the bar. The guy was all jittery and he looked like he was about to cry all the time (but it was kind of cute), and the girl looked like a bitch.

Jaheira.jpg: Greetings. You... you look familiar, though it's not your looks. I am not sure what I expected, but I believe you are Gorion's child. I am Jaheira; this is Khalid.

Khalid.jpg: G-good to know you.

Buffy.jpg: Like, are you okay? Did you watch a really sad play before you came down here or something?

Jaheira.jpg: We are old friends of your adopted father. He is not with you? I must assume the worst; he would not permit his only child to wander without accompaniment.

Buffy.jpg: Well first, I'm not his actual daughter. That'd be gross! Second, he kind of got killed by a big scary armored guy!

Khalid.jpg: If... if he has passed, we share your loss.

Buffy.jpg: Hell-O, what did I just say? God, it's like you don't even listen!

Jaheira.jpg: Gorion often said that he worried for your safety, even at the expense of his own. He also wished that Khalid and I would become your guardians, if he should ever meet an untimely end. However, you are much older now, and the choice of your companions should be your own.

Khalid.jpg: We could t-travel with you until you get settled, help you find your l-lot in life.

Jaheira.jpg: It would be a fitting last service to Gorion, though we should first go to Nashkel. Khalid and I... look into local concerns, and there are rumors of strange things happening at the mine. No doubt you have heard of the iron shortage? You would do well to help us. It affects everyone, including you. We are to meet the mayor of the town, Berrun Ghastkill.

Buffy.jpg: Wow, everyone wants to meet that guy! He must be, like, a big celebrity or something.

Imoen.jpg: Isn't it great, Buffy? We made it through the forest full of gibberlings and wolves, and now we are meeting *real* adventurers! Things are lookin' up! Hey, Auntie Jahiera, I'm Imoen! A friend of Buffy's... Actually, more like a guardian than a friend, you know? Lookin' after her, and all that.

Buffy.jpg: As if!

Jaheira.jpg: Adventurers generally do not call each other 'auntie', Imoen. But enough distractions. Gorion had mentioned you in his correspondence, praising your fast friendship with his ward. You are welcome to come along.

Buffy.jpg: You're way less creepy than those other people we met, so you can totally come along!

Wow, what a day I had, diary! Fought Gibberlings and Dire Wolves, and met some new friends! Guess we're going to Nashkel, now! Hopefully there's a decent clothing store there...

xoxo,

Buffy

Moriveth on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    1 or 2? also it will have to wait until next week when I get paid

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    mori

you are a delight

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Mysst wrote: »
    1 or 2? also it will have to wait until next week when I get paid

go 2

because thats what we have

be like us

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My name is Fishman, and I approve this thread.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Woo!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thread of the Year 2008.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    BG II was better than the first in pretty much every way. It's in my top five.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh yeah, it was faar better than BG1. But I figured if I was going to do a LP, I'd start with BG1 and if I can somehow finish it, then I'd move on to BG2.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Holy fuck, that would take years, Mori.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yes it would.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    PandionPandion Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Keep up the cool work so sayeth the wise Alaundo!

Pandion on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Heck yeah tutu.

Have been playing on and off the past month.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mori does a too-convincing Valley Girl impression D:

Janson on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It's because I've lived in California my whole life, woman

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    BG II with the expansion is like 250 hours of gameplay. I don't think you'll get there, champ.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I could always skip all the non-essential stuff. But yeah, I'm not saying I will do BG2, but it would be cool if I could.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I would do the quests which involve party characters. At the very least, it's worth doing Korgan's quest because you get to meet the best bit character in the game: Shagbag the thief. Shagbag.

Shorty on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    moriveth, I love you a whole lot

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It is daunting but not that bad. Granted, I used a FAQ to make sure I didn't skip any sidequests, which prevented me from aimlessly wandering around too much, but I did complete BG2/ToB, being pretty thorough in the process, in about 65 hours.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    If I kept at it I could probably do it. It'd just take, say, a good few months of updating at least once every couple days. Which would be a lot.

The NPC banter pack I have for BG1 includes romances with Branwen, Shar Teel, Jaheria (I think), Xan, Ajantis, and Coran. I'm considering trying the romance with Xan, since that would be hilarious for the happy-go-lucky Buffy to try and keep cheering the mass of emo that Xan is.

As it is, though, I'm just trying to do BG1 without thinking about BG2 yet. If I can finish this, then... maybe.

I think I could probably do an update a day for the next week or so. After Rachel's parents arrive though I'll probably be too busy to update consistently until after the wedding and stuff.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Pretty sure they've got a full BGI-II LP in the SA archive. Didn't take years, but it did take a long damn time. I think the real challenge wouldn't be in doing the pictures and whatnot, but staying in character over two games and like a hojillion quests.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I could probably do that, though valspeak only has so many words.

I have yet to use tubular, however.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Mori gets a cookie if he completes BG1

Janson on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The NPC banter pack I have for BG1 includes romances with Jaheria (I think).
    How does Khalid feel about that

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    Mori gets a cookie if he completes BG1

And if I finish BG2, I get sex!

Throne of Bhaal... Anal?

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I was so sad when Khalid well, y'know

Janson on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The BG novel was fucking weird

oh yeah Khalid gets turned into a giant jelly thing and dies a horrible writhing death

Apparently the BG2 novel was even weirder, Imoen becomes a vampire and has sex with Bodhi or something and the main character becomes a crazy cannibal

I can't say I cared for it

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    novels based off infinity engine games never seem to be good. the planescape novel is a literary abortion compared to the game itself.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think I tried to read that once, I don't remember it having anything to do with the game at all.

Which is a shame because PS:T is like a really awesome novel with some game added in.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dear Diary,

The past couple days have been craaazy! I don't know where to begin, but I guess the beginning is always good!

BaldursGatePart3_01.jpg

This gnome asked me to clear out her house in Beregost. Since we're going there I guess I could do that! Spiders are sooo gross, though!

BaldursGatePart3_02.jpg

And then some mean jerk nobleman was all like "HEY YOU'RE MY CLOTHIER CLEAN MY PANTALOONS!"

BaldursGatePart3_03.jpg

So I was all like "Yeah sure sir I'll toooootally clean them for you!"

BaldursGatePart3_04.jpg

So now I've got a pair of golden pantaloons! They're all shiny and stuff, and apparently magical or something!

BaldursGatePart3_05.jpg

I talked to, like, the owner of the inn, but he didn't have anyhting I wanted. Boo!

BaldursGatePart3_06.jpg

I totally got those pantaloons identified, though. They're like, really weird and stuff. I dunno, I guess I'll hang onto them - you never know when you'll need a pair of pantaloons, I guess!

BaldursGatePart3_07.jpg

And that ring I found earlier is, like, totally awesome! I'm totally wearing it all the time!

BaldursGatePart3_08.jpg

And then we totally found, like, another ring hidden in a hole in the ground! What is the deal with people and hiding rings in the ground and stuff? They'd look soooo much better on my fingers anyway!

BaldursGatePart3_09.jpg

On our way to Beregost, and I made one explode with the awesome power of my awesome hammers! Unfortunately my hit was, like, so awesome that it broke the hammer!

BaldursGatePart3_10.jpg

I guess this has something to do with, like, the iron problem or something? It's a total bummer! Well if anyone can get to the bottom of this, I can!

BaldursGatePart3_11.jpg

I guess there's, like, some bandit problems too! Man, this place is sooo messed up, but I know I can fix it!

BaldursGatePart3_12.jpg

And there's, like, problems in Amn too! Maaan, what isn't going wrong here?

BaldursGatePart3_13.jpg

Then we, like, totally made it to Beregost! It was a little scary but we made it! Yay!

Imoen.jpg: Well here we are! Beregost. Whatcha think?

Buffy.jpg: It's kinda nice... I dunno, I haven't seen much! Ask me, like, later, when I've seen more!

Imoen.jpg: We'll see what she has for us then! Uh, better let me do the talking, Buffy. A hayseed like you in a "big city" like this, oooh... pretty scary!

Buffy.jpg: I, like, resent that! I'm totally not a hayseed, and it's not like you're miss fancy yourself!

Imoen.jpg: Oh, but I've been all over with Winthrop before we came to Candlekeep. You should know that! But... heh, guess you're right. I was kinda little at the time. Let's find a nice place and get some rooms. I haven't had a hot bath in ages! They say Feldepost's is a good inn; we should try there. After that, I'm going shopping. We need supplies. Let's see... We need a new frying pan, since you ruined the one we have.

Buffy.jpg: Hey! You totally left it on the fire all night! It's all your fault!

Imoen.jpg: Details, details. Was yer idea to have me cook. Um... what else? Some new blankets, soap, lantern oil, spare tent pegs... er... I think I kinda misplaced your hunting knife so we'll have to get a new one of those. I need some new clothes, too. My pink tunic got ripped in that last fight.

Buffy.jpg: Which one? Like, all of your outfits are pink! Get some color range already, god!

Imoen.jpg: But that was my favorite! Sooo... I'll need a new one! There's lots we need. Hope we have enough money. Well c'mon, slowpoke. I wanna have a look around.

Buffy.jpg: Like, whatever.

BaldursGatePart3_14.jpg

And we stopped at an inn! A nice fancy one I totally got the luxury suite - I need the plushest covers for my beauty sleep!

BaldursGatePart3_15.jpg

Then we went to a place called, like, 'The Jovial Juggler'. Total false advertising - Everyone was all sad and stuff and I didn't see a single juggler! Lame!

Imoen.jpg: Here we are, traveling the good road. Some grand 'adventure' we're having, huh? Not exactly what we used to daydream about, but still, kinda exciting, I guess. I'd rather be out here, going places and doing things, than be stuck in a Candlekeep, cleaning out stables and turning down beds.

Buffy.jpg: Yeah! It's like... I dunno! It's kind of neat, right? I'm kinda enjoying it, even if my feet hurt!

Imoen.jpg: That's 'we' remember? And yeah, 'spose we don't have much choice at that. Still, we can do a lot of good, I think. Wonder if they'll make a tale of our adventures? Just think, one day folks will be in the common room of some inn, maybe even the Candlekeep Inn, and ask a bard to tell 'em a tale of 'Imoen the Quick and her trusty side-kick, Buffy!'

Buffy.jpg: Like, what? I am totally not your sidekick! I was the one who, like, Gorion had leave with him!

Imoen.jpg: Oh, okay. We'll be partners, I 'spose. What ya think? 'Imoen the Quick' sound good to you? Quick with the blade and wit! All the best heroes and heroines have handles. Hmmm, maybe 'Imoen the Terrible'? Nah, too dark. 'Imoen the Bold'? 'Imoen the Sly'? 'Imoen the Magnificent'? Hey, that sounds pretty good!

Buffy.jpg: Like, how about, 'Imoen the totally self-centered bitch?'

Imoen.jpg: Shush, you! I'm thinking! Where was I? I still kinda like 'Imoen the Quick'. Wonder if it's taken already...?

BaldursGatePart3_16.jpg

Some crazy gnome was all "EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT ME LOSING A CLOAK SO I'LL TELL YOU TOO ALRIGHT!"

BaldursGatePart3_17.jpg

Then we went to the nearby temple to find some temple stuff. I dunno.

BaldursGatePart3_18.jpg

Keldath Ormlyr is soooo cute! I've got suuuch a weakness for bald guys! He mentioned something about a crazy guy, like, Basilisk or something, but I was too busy staring into his eyes to remember to ask him about it!

BaldursGatePart3_19.jpg

He's such a sweetie too! He identified the other ring I found and it was like a ring of... Wizardry! I don't even know how to use wizard stuff, but I figured I'd like hold onto it in case I meet someone who does!

BaldursGatePart3_20.jpg

Then we totally went south!

BaldursGatePart3_21.jpg

We met a cute little kid! Man, he's sooo brave! I wanted to pinch his cheeks but I'd just done my nails.

BaldursGatePart3_22.jpg

We got to talk about some orgillions! Apparently those are, like, ogres that did it with orcs! Eeew, I totally threw up a little thinking about that!

BaldursGatePart3_23.jpg

There was a sad note on that orgillion! I hope I can find that Mirianne, I'm sure she'd like to get the love note or something!

BaldursGatePart3_24.jpg

Then we totally got attacked by some half-orcs! Those are totally from orcs and humans doing it! Gag me with a spoon!

BaldursGatePart3_25.jpg

Jaheria is sooo helpful! She's a bit of a bitch sometimes but, like, I can ignore that as she casts spells that, like, help us all out!

BaldursGatePart3_26.jpg

I totally help out a lot too! I looove my hammers, and they're such good exercise swinging them around!

BaldursGatePart3_27.jpg

This one guy was all talking about Neverwinter! That place sounds sooo nice, I'd like to visit it sometime.

It's been, like, two days since I left Candlekeep and I'm already soooo busy! I know Gorion wouldn't want me to sit around but my feet hurt sooo bad and my nails are soo messed up! Still, I guess I should figure out why people want to kill me... Maybe it has something to do with that iron shortage, or something?

BaldursGatePart3_28.jpg

Then we finally made it to Nashkel! At, like, night time! It was sooo late, I was falling asleep on my feet! And some jerk started yelling at is as soon as we got through! He's sooo mean!

BaldursGatePart3_29.jpg

We totally stopped at the inn! It looked like a cute little place, plus I think it was, like, the only one in town.

BaldursGatePart3_30.jpg

Some mean girl totally attacked me! She was sooo ugly though, so I guess she was just jealous of how fabulous I was.

BaldursGatePart3_31.jpg

She kept trying to cast spells to hurt us but Imoen kept using her wand of magic missiles to interrupt her spells, and it was, like totally useful! She's so sweet!

BaldursGatePart3_32.jpg

And Imoen totally killed her! She's sooooo good!

Imoen.jpg: Wh-Who was that?

Buffy.jpg: God, not another one of those jerks! It's another person who wanted to kill me! How mean!

Imoen.jpg: Another one!? I knew she was after you once she attacked...

Buffy.jpg: Well, duhhhh!

Imoen.jpg: But this... this is just too much for me. I mean, I don't like this, not at all. First you get attacked in front of Candlekeep by some blazing baniac out for your blood, and Gorion dies. Then again outside the Friendly Arm Inn, even before we met up with Jaheira and Khalid! Now here, as well! You got attacked and almost died on the doorstep of yet another inn! This is just too much!

Khalid.jpg: H-had we known an assassin awaited you outside the inn we would have fought them as well, r-right Jaheira?

Jaheira.jpg: Of course. Else we would have met you at the gate, but we cannot change the past. At least we were here with you this time.

Buffy.jpg: God, you guys, shut up! I mean, come on! It is sort of creepy that they knew I was here, though.

Imoen.jpg: What do you mean... disturbing?

Buffy.jpg: Well, it's like, they knew that I was leaving Candlekeep, so they're all like "Hey, let's attack Buffy here!" Then they knew I was going to the Friendly Arm Inn, and so they were all "Hey guy, go attack her there!" And now they're all "Hey she's going to Nashkel you better kill her for real!" And nobody even, like, knew we were coming here! It's totally crazy!

Imoen.jpg: I see...

Buffy.jpg: And, like, why wouldn't that guy that killed Gorion just kill me anyway? He's all kinds of buffed out, so why did he have to send these people?

Imoen.jpg: I-I don't know... Anyways, this is giving me a headache trying to figure this out. I'll let you do all the complex thinking in that regard.

Buffy.jpg: Oh yeah, you're like, sooo lucky there!

BaldursGatePart3_33.jpg

She totally had another note on her! Only this time I was worth 680 gold! Buffy's coming up in the world!

BaldursGatePart3_34.jpg

We totally slept in the inn that night, but I had suuuch a weird dream!

BaldursGatePart3_35.jpg

It was seriously sooo weird!! I was back in Candlekeep, but I was, like, outside of it, and I could see my old room but then the bricks came to life and closed up my room! It was, like, symbolic or something!

And then I totally heard Gorion, and he was all "Sorry, you can't come back, you need to keep going ahead!" He seemed sort of sad, and then I remembered he died, and, like, I was sad! What a bummer!

Then he pointed towards the woods and they were all scary and stuff, but, like, when I looked at them I could see a really clear path. But Gorion was looking at me all sad and I was like, hey, I'm not taking the easy path! You died to help me so I'm going to try to help you! And then he smiled and faded away and I was all like, aww, poor Gorion!

And I was, like walking away, but I kept feeling like I should be going the clear path. But I was still all nuh-uh, I'm not gonna be all easy!

And the weirdest thing was, like, as I walked away I could hear some grody dude whispering! He was like "You will learn!" And I was like, I already finished school, I don't have to learn anymore!

Anyway, that's enough for now, diary! I'll write more later!

xoxo,

Buffy

Moriveth on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    all I remember is walking into a cavern full of kobolds and eating a million javelins to the face.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've been playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on the PS2 I snagged on black friday

guys I am so happy to have a PS2 again

Okami on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    maaaan I was not a fan of dark alliance. I guess it was good but it just didn't click

now Champions of Norrath? THERE was a good game of that type

the fallout one? suuuuucked hardcore.

I guess they're called.. action RPGs or something?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't know why

but I just thought about Dark Cloud 2

and how awesome that game was

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    maaaan I was not a fan of dark alliance. I guess it was good but it just didn't click

now Champions of Norrath? THERE was a good game of that type

the fallout one? suuuuucked hardcore.

I guess they're called.. action RPGs or something?

oh man I need to find Champions of Norrath

I never got to finish that one

Okami on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Are you using some interface mods? There is something different I can't quite put my finger on.

The_Scarab on