Options

Let's go to the Bal(dur's Gate)! (Part 14 on Page 16! Yes, updating after 3 months!)

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't know why

but I just thought about Dark Cloud 2

and how awesome that game was

goddamnit I love RPGs that have city building elements in them

started all the way back from M&M7 to this very day

even the Stronghold bit in Neverwinter Nights 2

and I hated that game

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Are you using some interface mods? There is something different I can't quite put my finger on.

I'm using BGTutu, which along with porting the game to the BG2 version of the engine (with all the kits and such), uses the BG2 interface.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This is most excellent.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Are you using some interface mods? There is something different I can't quite put my finger on.

I'm using BGTutu, which along with porting the game to the BG2 version of the engine (with all the kits and such), uses the BG2 interface.

Yeah, I was wondering what mods you were using. It might provide an incentive for me to go through the game again if I had those.

Oh, and Mori, you aren't allowed to stop this.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This thread makes me want to play Baldur's Gate II again.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Yeah, I was wondering what mods you were using. It might provide an incentive for me to go through the game again if I had those.

Oh, and Mori, you aren't allowed to stop this.

I seriously could not play BG1 without this. 640x480 is just painful.

800x600 isn't much better but daaamn does it seem better. I'm only playing on that so I can post full screenshots if I have to without having to worry about editing every one.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well Mori is on chapter 3 now so I'm confident he will finish the first game at the very least. :^:

Janson on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I've got enough screenshots for two updates now. I'll do one after work tonight, and probably another one tomorrow too.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There is like a widescreen/higher resolution mod for Baldur's Gate II I've used before, but never for very long so I'm not entirely sure how stable it'll be throughout the game. What I did use was amazing though. Unlike the similar Fallout mod, Baldur's Gate II only benefits from a higher widescreen resolution.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The game does have some gorgeous backgrounds.

I couldn't play at a higher resolution than I am now, though, because that would mean way too much editing of screenshots. 800x600 is fine for me, really.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dear Diary,

BaldursGatePart4_01.jpg

We totally went shopping today! I bought, like, four warhammers so if one breaks I'll always have a backup! I'm so smart!

BaldursGatePart4_02.jpg

Also, I got that helm I found identified! It totally lets me see like an elf! Soooo coool!

BaldursGatePart4_03.jpg

Then we met with the mayor of Nashkel! He looked like he might've been kind of cute if he wasn't so old!

BerrunGhastkill.jpg: Hello there! I recognize Jaheira in your group, so you must be the adventurers I was expecting. I am Berrun Ghastkill, mayor of Nashkel, and I am happy to welcome you. I am sorry we had to meet under these circumstances.

Buffy.jpg: Oh, like, no problem! What's going on here, anyway?

BerrunGhastkill.jpg: I can't believe you haven't guessed. Have you heard of the iron shortage? Well, Nashkel is in the thick of it. Our mine is all but shot down because the workers continually go missing, and what ore we do get is tainted somehow. I would send in the town guards, but we need them to protect our citizens from the bandits that raid our caravans. We need you to find out what is wrong in the mines southeast of town.

Buffy.jpg: We'll totally do that! You can count on us!

BerrunGhastkill.jpg: Thank you. You will be the toast of the town if you can help.

Buffy.jpg: Oh, yay! I, like, looove toast!

Jaheira.jpg: Onwards we march then, Buffy. As this is your first mission, I fear that my skills as a healer will be heavily tested. Nevertheless, I will try to return all of us to Berrun still in one piece and victorious.

BaldursGatePart4_04.jpg

The graveyard is interesting, it's like, sooo sad sometimes but some of the gravestones are sooo funny! I don't, like, know whether or not to laugh or cry!

BaldursGatePart4_05.jpg

Then we went inside the temple and talked to the head temple guy there! He's sooo friendly, and told me about a guy that's apparently crazy!

Nalin.jpg: Ahh, intrepid adventurers at our door! Helm stands over all the Realms and his servants are at your disposal. The Vigilant One stands ready to mend thy ailments, and so divert the unyielding gaze of the Great Guide... for a suitable donation, of course. Just to demonstrate our mutual good will, you understand.

Buffy.jpg: Hey, thanks!

Nalin.jpg: Helm watch over you and our poor lost brother, Brage. A finer Captain of the Guard could nary be found this side of Amn. Such a strange change for one so devout as he. One does not usually change so drastically without nefarious help. If there be an evil influence on him, perhaps the harsh justice of the military should be stayed. He'll find no quarter at the garrison, but if he came to the temple... well... his restitution need not be his life. Is there anything I can help you with?

Buffy.jpg: No, sorry, I just wanted to see if there were any cute boys in here! But I'll look for that Brag guy or whatever!

BaldursGatePart4_06.jpg

Minsc.jpg: Let uss pass strangers, for we have not much time to waste. What? Yes, I'll ask them. Boo and I go to rescue my charge Dynaheir. You may aid in our victory, if you wish. There is glory enough for all!

Buffy.jpg: Are you speaking to, like, a hamster? He's sooo cute, I love hamsters!

Minsc.jpg: : Boo is my faithful animal companion, and more than he seems.

Buffy.jpg: He's certainly cuter than I could ever imagine! But anyway, I guess we could help you find your girlfriend!

Minsc.jpg: : Take heart fellow adventurers, for you have curried the favor of Boo, the only minature giant space hamster in the Realm! My friend and companion ever since my h-h-head wound, he will lead us to victory! Onward to the Gnoll Stronghold in the west! Tarry not! We must go soon!

This minsc guy is kinda cute! Too bad he's alreadyt taken... But hey, I'll meet a man someday!

BaldursGatePart4_07.jpg

The carnival is totally in town and I was like "I looove carnivals! Let's totally go to it!"

BaldursGatePart4_08.jpg

The first thing we saw was a guy who had, like, an exploding ogre! It was wiiild!

BaldursGatePart4_09.jpg

It was seriously there and then like "KABOOM!" and then it exploded! But then it was back again afterward!

BaldursGatePart4_10.jpg

But then the ogre got all angry and stuff and the mage ran away!

BaldursGatePart4_11.jpg

So we had to kill the ogre, because that's what adventurers do! We protect people from danger and stuff!

BaldursGatePart4_12.jpg

This guy was, like, sooo depressing! He totally made everyone all sad and stuff.

BaldursGatePart4_13.jpg

Apparently the Firewine bridge is full of treasure and stuff, we'll have to go there sometime to get us some of it!

BaldursGatePart4_14.jpg

Then we met some gnome who wanted to sell us a scroll for, like, soooo much money!

BaldursGatePart4_15.jpg

But Jaheira was like "Uhh, no way!" and totally just took it from him! What a biitch!

BaldursGatePart4_16.jpg

We saw the lady the gnome was talking about. She was, like, completely made of stone! It was crazy, I hope that doesn't happen to me - although I think I'd make a totally hot statue!

BaldursGatePart4_17.jpg

We totally un-stoned her, though, because we're nice like that!

Branwen.jpg: I am Branwen, a War-priest from the Norheim isles. I have been trapped in stone for what seems like an eternity. You have saved me, and for that I owe you my life. I am indebted to you and by Tempus I leave no debt unpaid! Let me join whichever cause you're fighting for, I should make a valuable ally and bring the favor of the Lord of Battles upon us.

Buffy.jpg: Wow, you're totally, like, an independant woman! We could toootally use you, girl!

Branwen.jpg: I am glad to be part of your war party. I will not make you regret your decision. A word of caution, though: beware of the dog that entrapped me in stone. Tranzig, he called himself. He was in the employ of a mercenary group, but I do not know the name. I shall see him dead before I see the shores of home again.

Buffy.jpg: O... Okay, I guess! We'll totally fight him if you want!

BaldursGatePart4_20.jpg

Then we went a bit south, but not, like, to the mines yet! I didn't want to go there immediately!

BaldursGatePart4_21.jpg

We met some guy who was a total jerk and all like "My friend can throw darts sooo fast!" And I was like "That's sooo lame, I'd like to see that!" and he was like "Okay fine I'll show you!"

BaldursGatePart4_22.jpg

But then we totally killed him! Hah, shows you and your stupid darts!

Branwen.jpg: I must thank you again for rescuing me from that sorcerous imprisonment. Although I confess it stings my pride to be rendered helpess in such a manner, Tempus has reminded me that all warriors need aid from comrades-in-arms occasionally.

Buffy.jpg: Oh, like, no problem! Jaheira kind of made us anyway, so it's not like we couldn't have done it!

Branwen.jpg: Not merely a pleasure on your part. Those scrolls are not dropped by every gibberling and goblin, and they are worth goodly coin besides. You have sacrificed for me, and I shall sacrifice of my blood and sweat for you.

Minsc is, like, sooo funny! He's all worried about Boo and stuff, it's so cute!

Minsc.jpg: : Boo?! Boo, where are you?!

Jaheira.jpg: Minsc, lower your voice. You never know who might hear you in these woods, and I've grown tired of healing everyone on such a constant basis.

Minsc.jpg: : But Jaheira, Boo is missing!

Jaheira.jpg: Don't tell me you misplaced him again. How did it happen this time?

Minsc.jpg: : Well, when I woke up, he didn't greet me with his usual perkiness, but Minsc thought Boo was oversleeping. You know, nibbling on the eyes of villains is such a demanding task...

Jaheira.jpg: Please don't mention that again. I have enough trouble eating after the last battle. I'll never be able to look at a rodent the way I did before.

Minsc.jpg: : Boo will be pleased to find out that now you recognize the courage his kin displays in battle. Bt my little Boo is missing! He has left his pouch while I was sleeping, and now I can't find him! Please, Jaheira, you must help!

Jaheira.jpg: Me? What do you expect me to do?

Minsc.jpg: : You're a druid! Surely you would have some advice? Please, Jaheira, Minsc needs Boo! Buffy needs Boo! The entire party needs him, to help us in our glorious buttkicking quest!

Jaheira.jpg: Very well, Minsc, I'll help. Now please stop tugging at my bag!

Minsc.jpg: : Who, me? But Minsc is over here, how could I...

Jaheira.jpg: Don't tell me that... Boo!

Minsc.jpg: : Boo? You've already foud Boo?! You are a great druid indeed, Jaheira!

Jaheira.jpg: Here... Take the filthy beast! He was hiding in my bag! And only Silvanus knows what damage he caused!

Minsc.jpg: : Boo! Oh, you've been a naughty hamster, mister! Don't you ever scare Minsc like that!

Jaheira.jpg: : My medicinal plants! He ate all of my medicinal palnts! You little pest! I should... I should...

Minsc.jpg: : Boo says he's sorry. But he wanted a little snack, and since Minsc was asleep...

Jaheira.jpg: : Well, he WILL be sorry! I'd suspect he'll be needing potty breaks a lot the next few days. Maybe that will teach him to keep his nose out of other people's bags!

Minsc.jpg: : Is that true, Boo? Quick, let's find you a bush! Try to hold it, Boo, try to... Yeack!

BaldursGatePart4_23.jpg

We tooootally went to the mines, and it looked all sad

BaldursGatePart4_24.jpg

Some of the guys are all paranoid and stuff! They're kinda mean, though.

BaldursGatePart4_25.jpg

The foreman's all mean, too! Everyone's all angry because of iron and stuff, but they shouldn't be taking it out on me!

BaldursGatePart4_26.jpg

And I was like, well, that's not why you're a totally awesome and cool adventurer like me, huh!

BaldursGatePart4_27.jpg

These mines are all spoooky, and darker! It's all scary! Oh well, we'll get through them! I guess we should start now...

xoxo,

Buffy

Moriveth on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Awesome, love these old school RPG LPs.

By the way, anyone read the Icewind Dale 2 one on SomethingAwful? That one's fucking incredible, if only for URGGZOB.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    One reply? Seriously, guys? I'm not trying to be bitchy here but c'mon.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There's a lot of good threads lately, and people are on the edge of the seats to see what's next.
    But for your ego, Good job.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm complaining mainly because I hate posting two updates on the same page. But ahh well.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The forum is suffering from awesome fatigue. Growing jaded. "Oh, there's Mori. Doing awesome shit. Again."

Maybe you should try being terrible for a while. Drive the demand for awesome back up.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like this a lot. I love the Baldur's Gate games and doing this as a valley girl makes it even better. I wonder if a lot of the commenters started playing the game themselves. I know I'm tempted to.

Iloveslimes on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    They might be. But oh well, we're close enough to the next page anyway.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    mori you posted at 6:45 am my time on a sunday. I had just gotten home after very nearly falling asleep at the wheel!

also my favorite headstone is the "Bert (or whoever) looked up the shaft to see if the cart was coming. It was."

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Mysst wrote: »
    mori you posted at 6:45 am my time on a sunday. I had just gotten home after very nearly falling asleep at the wheel!

also my favorite headstone is the "Bert (or whoever) looked up the shaft to see if the cart was coming. It was."

I know, I'm just whining to get the posts up! Ha, it worked!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    well it worked, at the cost of you looking like a bitch.

Oooohhhh, daaaammmnnnnnn.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ohhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Also dude we need to play Mercs 2 sometime, I still haven't beaten it yet

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    yeah, I got sidetracked with fable, fallout and saint's row, so I haven't finished it either. Last I played I had just opened up the chinese and americans.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Same here. I still haven't beaten Fallout because of my stupid computer!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll probably pick up Mercs 2 when the price drops.

Shorty on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mori I appreciate that you are doing this playthrough, because I never played the first Baldur's gate. Couldn't be bothered, but I do feel like playing BG2 again now. Never finished but I think I got a decent amount of the way through it.

I think I got sidetracked with some other game last time.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've had my heart broken by half finished playthoughs too many times Mori! TOO MANY TIMES!

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Keep it up. This is good entertainment.

webber on
    This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Man I hated that stone bitch

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The romance with her is pretty decent, though.

Really, all those inter-party conversations I'm posting are from that mod, and they're not bad for the most part.

The romance interactions have a lot of emotes, which are a bit cheesy.

I'm romancing Xan, though. See if we can make that gloomy fucker smile.

Also I will do another update tonight!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh I wasn't aware that you had a relationship mod going. Interesting developments!

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It adds inter-party conversations, which weren't present at all in BG1 - basically immediately after joining you, your party members become faceless puppets!

And in addition to that, it adds romances... Ajantis, Branwen, Coran, Dynaheir, Shar-Teel and Xan.

Why anyone would want to romance Shar-Teel I have no idea.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dear Diary,

These mines are really gross and dark! I wish I had, like, the ability to cast spells and stuff.

BaldursGatePart5_01.jpg

And apparently there's, like, demons in here somewhere as well! Spoooky!

BaldursGatePart5_02.jpg

And dragons too! Man, I don't even have, like, anything useful to kill demons or dragons with!

BaldursGatePart5_03.jpg

Some guy just gave us a dagger and asked us to return it, and I'm like, okay! I don't even know where that guy is, though, I hope that isn't a problem!

BaldursGatePart5_04.jpg

Then some guy said the yipping demons were right behind him and I was all "Hello, demons are all huge and stuff, we'd be able to hear them!"

BaldursGatePart5_05.jpg

Then some kobolds attacked and killed him, and I was like, ohhhhh, but where's the demons?

BaldursGatePart5_06.jpg

We totally killed the kobolds, though! They're, like, sooo weak!

BaldursGatePart5_07.jpg

But they're like all over the place too!

BaldursGatePart5_08.jpg

I saw some iron in the mine and it was all gross looking!

BaldursGatePart5_09.jpg

It was all slimy and, like, ick! No wonder the iron's all messed up!

BaldursGatePart5_10.jpg

Then we kiled some kobolds and they were carrying vials of this green stuff on them... I was like, wow, smart kobolds!

BaldursGatePart5_11.jpg

On the next level of the mines, there was a dead guy standing, like, right there! Sooo gross!

BaldursGatePart5_12.jpg

He had a ring on him, though - I guess his name was Joseph? We'll have to find where his wife or kid or whatever is so we can give it back!

BaldursGatePart5_13.jpg

This mine is waaay bigger than I thought! I looked down and there was, like, lava! Lots of lava!

BaldursGatePart5_14.jpg

There are all kinds of nasty traps all over the place too! I stepped on one and an arrow totally hit me, I was like awwww!

BaldursGatePart5_15.jpg

We found a really nice pool and I wanted to swim but everyone was like "No, Buffy, the water's all gross and stuff!"

BaldursGatePart5_16.jpg

Then we found this, like, huuuuge area with lots of water and a cave!

BaldursGatePart5_17.jpg

And in the cave, there was, like, this room with a throne and rugs and it looked really fancy! Some ugly dude started talking to us!

Mulahey.jpg: Tazok must have dispatched you, and my traitorus kobolds let you pass, didn't they? I knew I could not trust them! Armed as such you have obviously been sent to kill me! By Cyric, not a measure of ore leaves this mine unspoiled and I am still to be executed?! I'll not lose my head over this!

Buffy.jpg: Yeah, like, we're totally sent by Tweezix! He's all, like, angry with you, but if you tell us what you did then we might let you live!

Mulahey.jpg: Tazok is unfair, I have no desire to cheat him, or thee! My letters will show, they are in that chest. Take them, take them and Tazok will see!

Buffy.jpg: Well, that's nice of you! I'll, like, totally -

Mulahey.jpg: Fools, you'll never have the chance to take anything! Minions, come forth and kill the intruders!

Branwen.jpg: Filthy, vermin-ridden pig spawn! Tempus knows your treachery and will grant me the strength to strike you down!

Mulahey.jpg: Kill them, but leave the big wench to me!

Buffy.jpg: Oh, you did not just call me a wench! You are soooo dead!

BaldursGatePart5_18.jpg

Then he, like, totally attacked us, and the tough girl Branwen killed him sooo quickly! But there were, like, a ton of skeletons and kobolds coming after us too!

BaldursGatePart5_19.jpg

Minsc is sooo brave, though, and totally killed the kobolds sooooo fast! Him and Boo were all bloody and gross afterward, though, I was like ick!

BaldursGatePart5_20.jpg

Everything was all quiet afterward, it was all

Khalid.jpg: I... I suppose, Buffy, that this isn't over. That you mean to look further into this conspiracy.

Buffy.jpg: Oh, totally! There's, like, still problems with bandits and stuff, we need to kill them so they can get the iron out!

Khalid.jpg: But the b-bandits are scattered all over! Hunting them down could t-take months!

Buffy.jpg: Then I'll totally do it for months, like, duh!

Khalid.jpg: So many of them... And so p-purposeful... there must be an organization behind it. Perhaps that c-contact in B-beregost could lead us to the heart of it, so we might avoid more of the limbs.

Well, we totally killed that gross half-orc Mulahey, but it's still a little weird and stuff! We totally need to find out who's behind it. There's some letters in his chest and stuff, maybe we could find out from there or something!

BaldursGatePart5_21.jpg

The first letter was from that Tazok guy and he was like Hey stop the iron leaving here, okay?

BaldursGatePart5_22.jpg

The second letter was also from Tazok and he was like okay you suck at stopping the iron, why don't you just poison it unless you suck really badly at that too!

BaldursGatePart5_23.jpg

We also found this totally stylish sword, but every time I tried to wield it, it jumped out of my hands! Craaazy!

BaldursGatePart5_24.jpg

And then - oh my god - we met the cuuuuutest guy ever!

Xan.jpg: At last, I am free of my dreary prison; five and eighty days are far too long for one of the fair folk to live as a dwarf. You look no better off than I, but my appreciation for my liberty bids me add my spells to your cause. I am Xan; shall we face the impossible together?

Buffy.jpg: Like, totally! We can always need the extra help!

Xan.jpg: I thank you. However ineffective our actions be, I shall not rest until I have made payment to you. If you have searched through Mulahey's treasure you may have found a sword among his documents. The sword is a moonblade and it is my most valued possession.

Buffy.jpg: Oh, that's yours? It's sooo stylish, I wish I had one! Here, have it back!

Xan is soooo cute! I hope he doesn't have a girlfriend already! He's so funny, too, all talking about how doomed we all are! I know he's just a big softie, though, and really doesn't think that!

BaldursGatePart5_25.jpg

I had another one of those weiiiird dreams! I was like all cold all of a sudden and woke up and then the ground opened up underneath me and I was all "Ahhhhhhhhhh!" and fell!

But then light came back but we were in the Nashkel mines still - but we still were in them so I was like, no big, but then I saw Mulahey, only he was all bloated and gross and he was, like, staring at me all creepily!

There was, like, a dagger made of something gross like bone or something hovering in front of him. Mulahey was all angry looking at me, but I was all "Nuh-uh, you're not guilting me into killing you again!" and turned around to walk away.

Then I heard the dagger fall and Mulahey was all smiling and walked through me - it was totally creepy! Then I hearda creepy scream - it kind of sounded like the voice I heard in my last weird dream - and the dagger came flying at me and I was like whoa and I ducked it and woke up but I could still hear the voice going, like, "You will learn!" again!

And I'm like, dang, I'm done learning already, jeez! Get off my back!

Anyway, enough for now! We've totally got to get back up to the surface, my skin's lightened like five shades just from being down here for like a day!

xoxo,

Buffy

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Who'd you boot out of your party in order to take Xan?

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Branwen.

Fuck. Dat. Bitch.

Although I do want to get rid of Khalid/Jaheira eventually, but there aren't really any decent fighters available and I'd rather not go without a full crew.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Once I played BG2, I never did go back to the original game ever again. So I am enjoying this little jaunt down memory, Mori. Brings back some memories.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I don't blame you, BG2 is faaar better than BG1.

But I just wouldn't feel right going straight to BG2 without playing BG1 first.

That's assuming that I'd even do BG2. Shit's crazy big.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think the best difference is that BG2 is just fuller.

'Cause I think the areas are actually smaller than BG1's, but there's so much more stuff packed into the spaces. There isn't a single screen without something to do or someone to talk. Unlike BG1, where you could walk for hours and not see shit.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Get that crazy chaotic evil bitch. She's a great fighter. Also Corran.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Branwen.

Fuck. Dat. Bitch.

Although I do want to get rid of Khalid/Jaheira eventually, but there aren't really any decent fighters available and I'd rather not go without a full crew.

But if you boot them that will screw up continuity for BG2 :|

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg