Options

Let's go to the Bal(dur's Gate)! (Part 14 on Page 16! Yes, updating after 3 months!)

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Get that crazy chaotic evil bitch. She's a great fighter. Also Corran.

Viconia or something, right? Vicona?

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think that's Shar Teel. I probably won't recruit her because she's a crazy man-hating bitch.

Viconia is a Drow Cleric.

And if I did do BG2, I could always just explain it as 'hey Buffy met up with Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, Dynahier, and Imoen again'

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I never want to take Jaheria in BGII, but I always end up starting the romance and then feeling the need to complete it. Viconia is so much better than her.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I always romanced Aerie

she may be a bit whiny but at least she's not a stone-cold bitch

Moriveth on
  • Options
    vrstvrst Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Jaheira has that swarm spell which is so ridiculously powerful that I always keer her in my party for that alone

vrst on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That's just a druid spell, though. You could get Cernd who is cooler and get rid of the monstrous bitch.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    yes but for some reason I thought Jaheira was better than Cernd, can't remember why anymore

vrst on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well she has the ability to conjure infinite sand (from her vagina)

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    See, I knew there was something

vrst on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    If I do make it to BG2 I am dreading romancing Anomen

I hate that fucker

from the instant he greets you I'm like "NO WAY YOU COCKSUCKER GET OUT OF HERE"

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Cernd is probably the worst character in all of BGII, statswise.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    He's not bad when he's werewolfin' it up

Then again, if you want melee, there's Minsc
    and Sarevok

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hate it when in these games, the druids keep on casting entangling roots. at least until you decide to take it off permanently or just say fuck druids. but really, how is it a good spell to cast right in middle of your party? really?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    all I remember is walking into a cavern full of kobolds and eating a million javelins to the face.

Javelins? I was always popped with fire arrows.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    jefe414 wrote: »
    all I remember is walking into a cavern full of kobolds and eating a million javelins to the face.

you've got some overpowered level 1 kobolds there

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »

you've got some overpowered level 1 kobolds there

Not all the kobolds used fire arrows. I think the leaders did though. Blue coats or something.

jefe414 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    the first few times I played BG1 i was a mage, and I would always die in the mines

Ive never finished BG1 as a mage, and I cannot imagine how someone would

4 hit point and 1 magic missile! woohoo!

vrst on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I always kicked imoen to the curb cause there's only room for one rogue in this party.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    vrst wrote: »
    the first few times I played BG1 i was a mage, and I would always die in the mines

I carried my mage (transmuter) from BG1 through Throne of Bhaal. What a good time that was. 6 hp (16 CON) and sleep (plus color spray).

jefe414 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    vrst wrote: »

Maybe don't stand at the front of the party? I hope this helps.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I got through BG1 as a mage.

The trick is pretty obvious: Don't stand out in the open.

Also cast lots of protective spells.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Makershot wrote: »

and Sarevok

I don't think you need to spoiler anything about the plot of a game that came out 8 years ago.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Makershot wrote: »

and Sarevok

I don't think you need to spoiler anything about the plot of a game that came out 8 years ago.

People are surprisingly touchy about that sort of thing.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I got through BG1 as a mage.

The trick is pretty obvious: Don't stand out in the open.

Also cast lots of protective spells.

Mage was Ave's favorite class but I could NOT complete BG1 as one. Ugh it was so arduous that I gave up.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    For some reason playing with BGTutu makes it a lot easier. I really don't know why, and I'm possibly just imagining shit.

It's rough in the beginning, but once you get fireball it gets a lot more fun.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Rampant EntityRampant Entity Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, Baldur's Gate was great.

I mean, the first time I played it I was 10, and had no prior knowledge about the 2nd editon AD&D rules, but man did I ever had a blast as a fighter/mage.

Also, Kivan was a pretty rad dude.

Rampant Entity on
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    this thread is way the fuck too good to be hidden away.

and man, i don't think i ever managed to play anything but a fighter as my main class.

Label on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I played through the whole of BG2 as an archer, that was pretty effective.

I considered making Buffy a ranger with racial enemy of vampires, but that's just too obvious of a joke, even for me.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I always love playing as a thief in any given RPG. The BG series had some of the finest thief subquests this side of Quest for Glory.

It was definitely the best stronghold in BG2.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Are you kidding? Planar Sphere was clearly the awesomest.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Planar Sphere was gay

Always-available fence who gives pretty damn prices? Oh yeah. That's the good stuff

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You know what else is gay?

You. So you should've loved it.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Damn, hoisted by my own petard

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    BaldursGatePart6_01.jpg

Dear Diary,

I'm like, totally famous now!

BaldursGatePart6_02.jpg

I gave that guy his dagger back even though he doesn't need it now because of me being all awesome and stuff!

BaldursGatePart6_03.jpg

Even the grouchy foreman was all nice to me!

BaldursGatePart6_04.jpg

We went back to Berrun to tell him the good news. He looked, like, totally relieved, I think he was afraid we'd die in the mines!

BerrunGhastkill.jpg: You have returned! It would seem I was right to trust you. The town thanks you wholeheartedly, and is pleased to give you the proper reward. Please take this 900 gold for your efforts. It is a small fortune by anyone's standards. Thank you again.

Buffy.jpg: Ooh, thank you! I could buy some totally cute armor with this money, thanks!

Xan.jpg: Allow me to introduce myself, Mayor. I would have done so earlier, but alas, I was rudely diverted from visiting your town by the kobolds. I am Xan of the Evereskan Greycloaks, sent by my people to investigate the iron shortage.

BerrunGhastkill.jpg: We welcome Evereska's help, Xan. Thank you for lending Buffy a hand with the re-opening of the mines.

Jaheira.jpg: There is no need for gratitude, Berrun. Helping you was our duty, as you well know. Despite my nagging doubts, Buffy did well, much better than I expected.

Buffy.jpg: Hey!

BerrunGhastkill.jpg: Why, she certainly did! Young Buffy here is a true hero of Nashkel!

BaldursGatePart6_05.jpg

We identified the magic items we found in the mines - I kept the bracers to myself, sooo cute!

BaldursGatePart6_06.jpg

These boots were cute too, so I kept them as well! Plus they keep me from being shocked by static electricity and stuff! I, like, hate that!

BaldursGatePart6_07.jpg

I gave to Jaheira because she was all whining about not having enough spells and I was like 'Jeez okay fine take it already!"

BaldursGatePart6_08.jpg

I am looking sooo hot now, if I say so myself!

BaldursGatePart6_09.jpg

I decided that we should go exploring since we'd taken care of, like, the immediate threat.

BaldursGatePart6_10.jpg

We fought some Xvarts, who were like, soooo easy to kill!

BaldursGatePart6_11.jpg

And one little Xvart was all angry at us and I was like "Hey dude you attacked us first!"

BaldursGatePart6_12.jpg

Ursa turned out to be a big old mean cave bear! But she was no match for me anyway, so ha!

BaldursGatePart6_13.jpg

After the fight I had, like, a nice chat with Xan! I know if I keep talking to him he'll eventually cheer up!

Xan.jpg: The longer I wander in the insecure world, the more I miss the safety of Evereska. It is only another illusion, I know, but still...

Buffy.jpg: Aww, keep your chin up, Xannie! We'll be okay! We're not gonna die for a looong time, okay?

Xan.jpg: And hope, they say, dies last.

BaldursGatePart6_14.jpg

We found, like, this totally spooky cave!

BaldursGatePart6_15.jpg

And in it there was a coffin - and another angry cave bear! I wonder if it was, like, Ursa's mate or something? Eeew, now I'm all thinking about bear sex and - eew!

BaldursGatePart6_16.jpg

Inside the coffin was some awesome magical stuff!

BaldursGatePart6_17.jpg

Also, a mithril ring that is, like, sooo me!

BaldursGatePart6_18.jpg

When we were going back to Nashkel to take a little breather, this cute guy stopped us! I was like, oooh!

Nimbul.jpg: I am Death come for thee. Surrender, and thy passage shall be... quicker.

Xan.jpg: My death? You are late, then. I have been expecting our meeting every moment of every day since I have left my beautiful Evereska for these barbaric lands. But I suppose my expectations in this matter never counted...

Buffy.jpg: Like, what are you talking about? I'm totally not dying to you, you jerk!

Nimbul.jpg: Struggle if you must, dead one, I do not mind working for my money. Why Nimbul was sent to kill you, I know not.

BaldursGatePart6_19.jpg

Nimbul was, like, sooo mean! I'm glad we killed him, I was totally too good for him anyway.

BaldursGatePart6_20.jpg

On the plus side, I guess whoever Tazok is considers me, like, dangerous! I'm a force to be reckoned with!

BaldursGatePart6_21.jpg

Also that morning star is soooo neat, but nobody with us uses morning stars, so I just, like, sold it.

BaldursGatePart6_22.jpg

I gave the bracers to Imoen - she's so sweet, disarming traps and stuff! She totally deserved them.

BaldursGatePart6_23.jpg

When we went to Beregost (I had to stay at the Burning Wizard again, their rooms are just sooooooo lush!), we met that weird old man again!

Elminster.jpg: Well now, our paths cross once more. I suppose proper introductions are in order, as we will no doubt meet again. My name is Elminster. I've heard nothing but tales of thy exploits in the time we have been apart. It would seem that thou art destined to have quite the impact on the Sword Coast. Quite the burden for one so long.

Buffy.jpg: Oh, like, no problem! I'm totally all ready for it and stuff, I've already, like, got so much magic stuff already!

Elminster.jpg: Thou've certainly taken it upon thyself to straddle the morality fence, but I cannot truly fault the results. I shall leave the future to thy discretion, and we shall see what happens. I do have one piece of information for thee before I go, though 'tis hardly a surprise, I am sure. The bandits that thou dost seek make a habit of traveling in the northeast. With this, I shall take my leave.

Buffy.jpg: Northeast? Like, which direction is that? Um, Mr Elmonster, where'd you go?

BaldursGatePart6_24.jpg

And then when exploring more, we found this dark elf guy fighting gnolls! I was like "Ahh, dark elf! Evil!" But then I recognized him and was like "AWESOME!"

Drizzt.jpg: You there! Will you help a stranger in need? I am beset by gnolls!

Buffy.jpg: Oh, you're, like, that dark elf! Dizzy! I'll totally help you!

Drizzt.jpg: The fight is joined, and I welcome your aid. Tiresome beasts these gnolls are, and I'll be glad to be done with them!

BaldursGatePart6_25.jpg

I totally helped him kill all the Gnolls and he was, like, sooo nice afteward.

Drizzt.jpg: Well met, stranger, I am Drizzt Do'Urden, and I appreciate your assistance. It is a long enough trip to the Icewind Dale, even without these constant interruptions. I do not recall banditry being of such epidemic proportions in this area; how long has this been so?

Buffy.jpg: It's been like this for, like, a while, but me and my friends here are going to solve the problem!

Drizzt.jpg: Noble goals indeed, and ones I would hold dear myself. Your struggle will be difficult, for the bandits that I have encountered - being beset at every turn as I am - are no mere vagabonds with blades. The humans bear the style of the Black Talon, and the hobgoblins are that of the Chill. Mercenary groups both of them, and as such it is unlikely they are the architects of this endeavor. You would do well to insinuate into their ranks, and determine their true masters. Difficult, but not impossible, and potentially the most fruitful course.

Buffy.jpg: Oh, you mean, like, be all sneaky and stuff? That is suuuch a good idea, thanks!

Drizzt.jpg: Well met, friend. Luck be in your side. Perhaps I shall seek you out elsewhere along the Sword Coast.

BaldursGatePart6_26.jpg

Then we met that really crazy guy! I was like, uh oh, but he didn't attack us at first!

Brage.jpg: I pray you left a trail of crumbs to lead us all back again. The others did not, so they have decided to stay. Shall we try to find the way home together? I pose to you a riddle, the answer to which I once knew, but now cannot percieve. Remind me, and we shall all return unto the day. Fail, and stay with me in the dark, forgetting whence we came...

Buffy.jpg: Oh, riddles! I looove riddles!

Brage.jpg: It has neither mouth, nor teeth, yet, it eats its food steadily. It has neither village, nor home, nor hands, nor feet; yet it wanders everywhere. It has neither country, nor means, nor office, nor pen; yet it is ready for fight - always. By day and night there is wailing about it. It has no breath, yet to all it appears.

Buffy.jpg: Oh, like, sooo easy! It's, like, death!

Brage.jpg: The end of night, where the light shines unto mine eyes and I can see clearly once again! What hath I wrought!? 'Tis horrible, HORRIBLE!! I will welcome the block that must await me at Nashkel! How could I live with what I've done! Please, thy must guide me to the town that I might pay for my crimes! I fear I can keep my senses for only so long, and I must not be allowed to do this again! Too many people have lost their lives to me! Please...

Xan.jpg: The mention of it gave him back his reason; immediately he demanded to be dealt out to him in a lawful fashion, for the reason that he had caused it... This man is almost as entangled with death as we arel, Buffy.

Buffy.jpg: We'll, like, take you with us! I think that Helm guy said that he could heal you!

Brage.jpg: I fear I can do nothing for those I've wronged whether I live or die, and I still know not what led me to this. It's like a foul presence in my mind! I can only imagine that I have finally succumbed to battle fatigue. Take my weapon, that I might not harm another! Use it if thy wish, though I'd rather it be destroyed. Innocent blood on everything! I'd only just acquired the sword. Such a waste this has been. Take me to Nashkel, I can bear this no longer.

BaldursGatePart6_27.jpg

Brage.jpg: No, I cannot show my face here after what I've done! Just give me to the guard that I might take my punishment as I should! Do not disgrace me further in front of Helm!

Nalin.jpg: Calm yourself, Brage. Helm sees all that he wishes, and knows much of what you do not. It was your hands indeed that did many a foul deed, but it was not your will alone. Intent is vital, and yours was influenced without your knowledge. Justice will be done, but with atonement, not punishment.

Brage.jpg: But my crimes... my family... I don't want to go on!

Nalin.jpg: If you are returned to the garrison, yours will be the only willful killing that has occured about this matter. It would be a waste of your life, which, fractured though it is, can still contribute much. Helm will see you through. As our intrepid friends here, I shall exceed the reward offered by Oublek. After all, it was the same task of bringing Brage to justice. The Temple is in your debt for the return of its lost son.

Buffy.jpg: Hey, thanks! Who's Ooblak, though? I've, like, never heard that name before im my life!

It's been a good few days, diary - I think we're going to rescue Minsc's girlfriend next! Then, maybe we'll get to fighting those nasty old bandits.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Wooo Dynaheir soon!

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I don't know if I'm gonna take her with me, I already have Xan and he's enough of a pain to keep alive.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh, Buffy, what comical adventures await you next?

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Keep Jaheira and Kahlid if you intend to proceed on to BG2, which I hope you do because this is totally awesome.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I figure if I did move on to BG2, I could always just explain away them being with me by saying "Oh, well I met up with them"

I mean, I'm gonna do the romance with Xan but he's not in BG2, so yeah.

Also once I finish this I'll probably just take a break (and LP another game, like Icewind Dale or one of the classic TSR games) from BG and go back after I complete that one. I don't want people to be burnt out on the character, after all.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    so is morv roleplaying a valley girl?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg