Options

Let's go to the Bal(dur's Gate)! (Part 14 on Page 16! Yes, updating after 3 months!)

• Options
    Rampant EntityRampant Entity Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Haha. Oh god, the romantic subplots.

I remember the musical cue for them.

The background music would segue into a softer, more melancholic piece.

Oh god it was so tacky.

Rampant Entity on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I wouldn't create a new character if I moved on to BG2. The legacy of Buffy must continue!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Holy shit. I downloaded the ascension mod for throne of bhaal and I can't get through the first goddamned fight.

Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    If I play BG2, I'll have to romance Anomen.

Ugh blargh vomit

Does Haer'Dalis have a romance thing? 'cause he's dreamy.

actually, for all the times i've played that goddamn game, I've never once completed a romance subplot.

If you try to romance Aerie and you have Haer in your party, a love triangle thing starts up.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you Romance Jaheira and have Aerie in your party, our little gentle mage/cleric storms off.

Edit: why the fuck would I capitalise Romance? And is it even a verb?

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    If you Romance Jaheira and have Aerie in your party, our little gentle mage/cleric storms off.

Edit: why the fuck would I capitalise Romance? And is it even a verb?
    Romance can totally be a verb.

I.E. Romancing the Stone

The capitalizing is just wrong.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Jaheira is such a massive cunt, though.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I always end up accidentally starting the Jahira romance subplot unintentionally.

I'm like, 'stop being useless and get over yourself, Jahira!'

Then the next thing I know, she's all like 'so, hey, do you like an independant woman?'

and then I'm all like 'What? No! Bros before hos, man. I can't date anyone who was dating someone in my party. It's like, against the wingman code of conduct, or something.'

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Oh god it was so tacky.
    You know what

Mass Effect is a bad return to form in that case

The music accompanying the love scenes in that game are so goddamn cheesy

Janson on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I got the alien lesbian chick too late in the game to have hot space-lesbian-sex with her and I let the engineer guy die

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Fishman wrote: »
    I always end up accidentally starting the Jahira romance subplot unintentionally.

Then the next thing I know, she's all like 'so, hey, do you like an independant woman?'

and then I'm all like 'What? No! Bros before hos, man. I can't date anyone who was dating someone in my party. It's like, against the wingman code of conduct, or something.'

That's why I kicked her out of my party early.

I was all "Bitch, leave."

Then I go up to Aerie and I'm all "Sup, you all sad about losing your wings? It's cool, babe, I'll still love you for what you are." 8-)

Moriveth on
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Viconia 4 lyfe

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thanks to this I started Baldur's Gate II again (mainly because I can't get the first one to work). Are there any worthwhile mods for II? I forgot how lame second edition AD&D rules are.

Iloveslimes on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Right, so I think I'm going to play from Baldur's Gate through the end of ToB. I've never finished either game, and I've never used Tutu.

Is Bounty Hunter a pretty good class? I loves me some traps, so it always looked like a fun kit.

Now to go juggle a really unreasonable number of CDs for the next hour.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Janson wrote: »

Oh god it was so tacky.
    You know what

Mass Effect is a bad return to form in that case

The music accompanying the love scenes in that game are so goddamn cheesy

I never really noticed the music, in those scenes. They were thankfully kept short and sweet.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh hey, that reminds me...

I'm going to get a pc game at the $40 price point. Mass Effect or Witcher: Enhanced Edition?

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Haha, I usually just played murder music in the back ground. Really, for me the game is much more about fucking guys up then wooing demihumans.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Psh, maybe you'd be better hanging out in Icewind Dale then. I'll be over here getting some of that sweet mutilated winged elf love.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I was usually too ugly to woo Aerie. Curse you half orc kensai!

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Too ugly? Damn, you'd have to be real ugly for that, Aerie's got the self-esteem of a 14 year old lower-middle class white girl.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sounds like my first girlfriend.

...Actually, yeah, that kinda works.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sorry for being a bit lax in updates, dudes! I'll be able to do one tomorrow, I think, but after that I'm not sure. It's Christmas and my wedding, after all!

The story of Buffy shall continue, have no fear.

I'm not sure if I'd continue it into BG2, though... As fun as it is to write, Buffy is a really simplistic character with not a big variety in her vocabulary. I'll see, though.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This thread has me itching to play the Balder's game games. Very awesome work Mori! :D

Polago on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I'm going to get a pc game at the $40 price point. Mass Effect or Witcher: Enhanced Edition?

BTW, went with Witcher. So far, I do not regret the choice, this game is very much in line with the old Black Isle rpgs (though admittedly some of the translation from Polish or whatever could have been better).

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

BTW, went with Witcher. So far, I do not regret the choice, this game is very much in line with the old Black Isle rpgs (though admittedly some of the translation from Polish or whatever could have been better).

Did you get the original or the Enhanced Edition? I know they rewrote and rerecorded all the dialogue for the EE, so it should sound better in that version.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Holy shit. I downloaded the ascension mod for throne of bhaal and I can't get through the first goddamned fight.
    You have to be a master at min-maxing to do it. I find that completely boring, so I've never played through with Ascension.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Did you get the original or the Enhanced Edition? I know they rewrote and rerecorded all the dialogue for the EE, so it should sound better in that version.

I got the EE on Steam (I don't think they even sell the old one there anymore) and the dialogue isn't bad, it's just the occasional misuse of prepositions and whatnot that stands out.

The cards you collect when you have sex with a woman are goddamn amazing. I remember someone on this forum saying that the game for him basically devolved into trying to have sex with every woman on the list of named characters, and I can see why. It is seriously the best minigame.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I got the EE on Steam (I don't think they even sell the old one there anymore) and the dialogue isn't bad, it's just the occasional misuse of prepositions and whatnot that stands out.

The cards you collect when you have sex with a woman are goddamn amazing. I remember someone on this forum saying that the game for him basically devolved into trying to have sex with every woman on the list of named characters, and I can see why. It is seriously the best minigame.

What the hell game are you playing, ave?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    DerLustigeBosniakDerLustigeBosniak Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    They had to censor the cards for North America. In the Euro release of the cards, they're nudity to the left and to the right.

DerLustigeBosniak on
    sig-3.jpg
  • Options
    DragDrag Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You have to be a master at min-maxing to do it. I find that completely boring, so I've never played through with Ascension.

Man, ascension is fucking amazing

as long as you've been through the game at least once before and know how to get a lot of the best equipment, I mean. Otherwise it might be totally fucking difficult. That first fight might be one of the most difficult improved battles, really.

Drag on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Drag wrote: »

Man, ascension is fucking amazing

as long as you've been through the game at least once before and know how to get a lot of the best equipment, I mean. Otherwise it might be totally fucking difficult. That first fight might be one of the most difficult improved battles, really.

Okay, yeah it is. I just kicked the shit out of the last guy in Watcher's Keep on like my second try when it took like an hour to figure out that i should definitely be using time traps in the first fight.

Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

yeah but khalid is probably into that kind of stuff. I mean look at the guy, he's a goddamn natural bottom.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Witcher, dude. So good. The alchemy system is excellent.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Every bangable woman in The Witcher is a witch, a redhead, or both.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Mysst wrote: »

yeah but khalid is probably into that kind of stuff. I mean look at the guy, he's a goddamn natural bottom.

Now I'm hearing "Jah... Jaheira... No! Noooo!" in an entirely different light!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Mass Effect purchased. We'll swap after Xmas-ish or when I move, perhaps?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008

emot_gonk.gif

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008

hahaha ,i did that for a while

i need to buy the enhanced edition and actually finish the story, because i meant to but then my video card exploded

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Stormin JoeStormin Joe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I dunno where eles to say it but rocket slime is so good

so gooooooood

Stormin Joe on
    joviet.gif
    Tossrock: Somolia, you know Mogadishu, Blackhawk down?
    Qorzm: I'm sorry, I don't follow hip-hop
  • Options
    edited December 2008

emot_gonk.gif

DON'T PUT YOUR FINGER THERE
    I dunno where eles to say it but rocket slime is so good

so gooooooood

Oh man yes it is.

Moriveth on