Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Game ON] Star Wars RPG: a slick WEG D6 adventure starts on page 4

123468

Posts

  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "I ain't 'fraid a some goon squad! I got enough firepower to take this whole karking building down! What, you think you can just run away from me? Think again, dirtbag!"

    Apparently, Jiru had his answer. Chen seemed to be doing a decent job of staying in character.

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • El SkidEl Skid regular The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "God, you're going to get me killed, you fool! Guys, a little help here! Convince my friend he's going to get us killed! The security squad is going to be here in moments, right?"

    ((I want to try to read their reactions to the question so that I can tell how long we have. I'm sure my character can tell the difference between "10 seconds" and "a half hour" in how the gumbies react. I have no idea what I would roll for this, but feel free to roll for me, Ut))

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Nothing to roll, it's just a matter of asking the GM for clarification. What the guard probably means is bringing in backup from the second security station on the 10th floor. So maybe a minute.))


    Cal:
    The loading bay is about 20x25 meters, with a door on the opposite wall from the dock and another in the northwest corner. There's also a second floor walkway overlooking the room, encircling the north-west-south perimeter with a set of stairs down to your level in one corner. A 2nd floor door is accessible from the walkway.

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "I ain't your friend, bub! You wanna do this the easy way or the hard way?"
    U'ko can Chen throw Jiru through the window without hurting him... y'know because of all the armor?

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I'd say he'll take 2D damage, but he'll be rolling to resist using Strength plus armor @ 4D+3. I also rolled your Strength to lift him, which was barely a success. You can go ahead and chuck him if he doesn't resist being grabbed.))

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((I'll leave it up to Skid whether he'd like Jiru to wrestle with Chen or let Chen throw him through a window... and of course, Skid should do the IC post for it either way))

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • DenadaDenada regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cal signals to the other members of his team, indicating the walkway and the door it leads to. Then he waits, watching the door and the walkway for any movement.

    Denada on
  • El SkidEl Skid regular The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "Hey wait a.... PUT ME DOWN YOU LUNAT... YAAAAAGH"

    Mons Jiru goes flying through the glass and lands in a heap amongst the broken glass. "You son of a Bantha!" He'll reach for his gun, whose holster opens to reveal the blaster.

    ((Pfft. No resistance here. ))

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Oh, throw and break the glass? Whoops, there's a Strength roll for damaging cover/protection, and it received 14 damage, but I'll fudge it a couple points up for the sake for the RP. I probably didn't add enough extra Ds for throwing an 86kg object at it, anyway.))

    ((Speaking of, I'm assuming this is the exterior lobby windows and not the glass door.))
    ((Mons takes no damage for going through the glass.))

    The two guards pretty much remain where they are; backup must be on their way any moment.

    Moose's Sneak roll:
    3D6 -> 4,6,1 (11 total)

    Moose Dorno dashes inside the door right behind Harek Loell, running right into him when the technician suddenly stopped. Loell is knocked over and they both tumble to the ground.

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((my intention was for Chen to throw him through the glass whatever into where the guards are. honestly, i'm having a hard time following the thread, i can't seem to indicate what i'm doing without a map, as in "i throw him in this direction over here". anyway, trying to toss him toward the guards, since we are being as disruptive as possible.))

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((A direction cue or elaborated intent would help out, I'm not trying to keep a strict narrative or non-meta style here. I just figured forcing entrance via destruction of property would piss them off more than intended, when presumably you'll want to be able to escape before becoming overwhelmed or subdued. Looking back a page, I see I did describe the lobby as surrounded by windows, so Mons can still crash through into the hallway if that's still desired.))

    ((I really only use maps for a general 'overworld' or in combat, and then they're to establish layout beyond basic directions rather than set tactical movement and distances.))

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting, my grandma is pretty much on her death bed so I've been dealing with that. I'm back for now, but I may disappear again for a day or two in the next week. Assume that I'm hanging back with the group, and make appropriate rolls for me if i can't post. Also:
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    Moose Dorno dashes inside the door right behind Harek Loell, running right into him when the technician suddenly stopped. Loell is knocked over and they both tumble to the ground.

    D'oh!))

    "Shit!" Moose jumped to his feet as fast as he could. He had twisted his wrist a bit on the landing, but did his best to ignore it. He whipped out his blaster and took one shot at the camera before running for the stairs to the walk-way, yelling for everyone else to follow him.
    blaster shot 4d6=16. I have no idea whether this is a success or not, or whether moose was actually seen by the camera/a security guard watching the feed, he just takes the shot and runs for the stairs.

    nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Really sorry to hear that, Neffff. You take as much time as you need, I'll try to keep your character from tripping over himself.))

    ((16 is enough to pass a mid-ranged shot (~25m if with a blaster like the example in the second OP), which is about the whole length of the room. So shooting a small target is doable.))

    The bolt rips through the air and blasts the camera off the wall. It hits the ground in one charred lump.

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • DenadaDenada regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cal shakes his head and mutters a curse under his breath. Resigned to his fate, he follows Moose towards the door.

    Denada on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This round ends Thursday 11:00PM CST. I should have pushed that round a bit further along, but due to recent weather and IRL plans I've been a tad short on time to sit down and churn out detailed narratives in one go. I do still have reasonable amounts of time to answer questions during the day, which have so far really helped me to direct my responses and clarify the game events.

    Moose, Cal, and Harek scramble up the stairway and onto the walkway overhanging the loading room. The only door on this level is on the opposite side of the room, leading into a short corridor connected to the main hallway on the second floor (very much like floor 1's layout, but almost entirely office department spaces).

    When they enter this short corridor, unlit save a few tiny utility lights, the trio are faced with the exit to the main hall; a simple interior door with a window pane in the middle. Suddenly through this window a security guard appears. He gazes inside nervously but is seemingly unable to spot anything in the darkness. He stops and prepares to open the door.

    The only other obvious exits are the way you came (into the open loading bay catwalk) and an office door marked '2-34' to your left.

    Office 2-34:
    officeiw4.gif
    The room as you can estimate is about 10 meters in length and width, and contains four 1.5 meter-high cross dividers with four office work spaces in each. There are a few lamps on but otherwise the room is in partial darkness (-2D to vision-related rolls).


    LOBBY:

    Mons regains his composure from the force of being thrown without so much as a bruise. The guards however do not take lightly to the destruction of property and finally respond with violence, shooting their pistols at Chen through the roughly bounty hunter-shaped hole.

    This is a combat round, the guards are going first, followed by the PCs in the order they post. You may take two actions at -1D to each, -2D for three total, etc.

    Their actions (vs Chen):
    The older guard Fires his blaster with a roll of 15 to hit (17 damage to the shoulder), The younger shoots for 11 (10 damage grazing your unarmored scalp). Both of these are successes (Easy range), so you may want to roll to Dodge (it'll cover both shots). A Full Dodge will add your Dodge roll to the range difficulty number.

    Chen is 4 meters away from the old security guard; Mons is 2 meters. The younger guard is an extra meter further back.

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((how much time do I have to react? Would it be possible to duck into the office before the guard came through the door?))

    nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Yes, I forgot to mention last night: I want a Sneak check from the three of you.))

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • El SkidEl Skid regular The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MJ turns his gun on the guards, much to their surprise.

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • DenadaDenada regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sneak Check. (2d6+1d6.open(6)=7) D:

    Cal bumbles about in the darkened hallway, doing his best Moose impression as he nearly knocks over his teammates.

    Denada on
  • El SkidEl Skid regular The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((What an inept band we are turning out to be...highly amusing, OOC))

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cal and company can move up to five meters into the office room in this round. ((I'm assuming they're moving at half movement as a free action. Full movement at 10m is an Automatic action (in this kind of non-difficult 'terrain') so it counts as a multi-action penalty with sneaking. So Moose and Harek could chose to jog inside at 10 meters and take the -1D penalty to Sneak, I suppose.))

    ((IC's 'random' rolls are giving me yet another reason to prefer leaving dice rolls entirely to the GM in PBP. Cal could expend a character point if you think it's important. Or maybe Cal would rather just use the room as an ambush point.))

    ((I'll have to double-check the standard heavy blaster pistol's stats before I resolve that, as well as wait for Chen. Most standard pistols only have a fire rate of 1/round, but I'm pretty sure the heavy has unlimited. Maybe Jiru's does either way.))

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • El SkidEl Skid regular The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Probably should have rolled damage with the other rolls.

    Older guard would take 17 damage (4 on wild die), Younger 21 (5 on wild die)

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • DenadaDenada regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Cal will definitely head into the office. More room to work than in a cramped hallway.))

    Denada on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    ((IC's 'random' rolls are giving me yet another reason to prefer leaving dice rolls entirely to the GM in PBP. Cal could expend a character point if you think it's important. Or maybe Cal would rather just use the room as an ambush point.))

    You can do this for me, U-ko.

    I mean, when I've played D6 before it was usually "okay, I want to do this" with the GM saying "okay, go ahead and roll it" and so you might as well roll it and post the results after Chen does something.

    Including his dodge for this round. I'm just assuming in this post that he doesn't get dropped completely.

    Chen dives and rolls to the side as the security guards' blaster fire rips up the floor where he was standing.

    "Aw, c'mon, fellas! We were just playin' around!"

    Y'gotta say stuff like that in front of the cameras.

    Much to the contrary of his words, the mercenary whips the heavy carbine up to his shoulder and lays down a seething barrage of blaster bolts at both security guards. The office quickly began to fill with the fumes of burnt metal and tibanna gas.

    As Chen's shots cut through the air above, Jiru pondered that landing flat on his back might've been a good thing for once. But it's always nice to know for sure that you're working with a guy who doesn't mind shooting over you... well, on the bright side at least Chen wasn't shooting through him.

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((So that'll be two Blaster shots and a Dodge? I'll roll those for you the next time I can.))

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Yep. You can just resolve 'em whenever you end the turn, I suppose.))

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Might as well resolve it now. Technically it takes an action to draw weapons, but I'll presume you had a moment to take that opportunity and we'll just keep that rule in mind later.))

    Chen leaps out of the way quickly enough to avoid the younger guard's shot. His armor protects him from the other bolt ((no damage)).
    Opening fire in return, Chen manages to graze the guard in front. ((he is Wounded)).

    On the floor, Mons pulls a pair of shots off with his heavy blaster pistol, the first hits the older guard hard in the vest, knocking him back ((he is Wounded Twice)). The other security guard catches a blast to the face. The flesh is seared from his head as he drops to the ground ((he is dead)).

    Breathing hard, the man struggles to stay on his feet for a moment ((He cannot act the rest of this round or the next, and is at -2D to actions)).

    Mons Jiru:
    Since they did technically shoot first and more securiyt is on the way, you won't earn a Dark Side Point. If this was a clearer case of cold blood I might have ruled otherwise. Now pick yourself off the ground and get moving. :P

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • El SkidEl Skid regular The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Dead in one shot? Yowsers!))

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((6 Strength vs 21 damage will do that. I suppose he'd be Mortally Wounded but for a headshot to a goon I decided to fudge. These are the kind of guns that can punch through Stormtrooper armor and blow cannonball-sized holes into walls. I'll usually narrate Stunned or Wounded results as near-hits or shrapnel fire; don't take one head-on and you'll be fine.))

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • DenadaDenada regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Poor red-shirts.))

    Denada on
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Moose does his best to duck into the office without being seen.

    nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((3D6 Sneak roll -> 10.)) Moose hangs low and slinks into the dim room.

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Moose scans the room. ((one thought that crosses his mind is to pretend to be an employee working in this office, his other thought is to look for a good location to set up a decent ambush. He is looking for opportunities for either. feel free to make the appropriate roll.))

    nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Let's send Moose over to the top right 'cubicle', by the far left desk. That ought to cover both 'I'm hiding to ambush you' and 'I had to edit some files before tomorrow!'))

    ((Another Sneak roll for the new location -> 11))

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • DenadaDenada regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Cal will also attempt to hide in a cubicle, although "blending in" probably isn't in the cards for him.))

    Denada on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((what's the blast radius on Chen's grenades?))

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • El SkidEl Skid regular The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    ((what's the blast radius on Chen's grenades?))

    :o

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    ((what's the blast radius on Chen's grenades?))

    :o

    ((There's more coming. If you haven't noticed, we are the bad guys. If this were an actual Star Wars movie some Jedi would show up and ruin us.))

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((Man, If a pack of Jedi showed up in this game, I'd have to go take a break; somebody'd have to call me back when they leave or stop trying to out-Obi-Wan eachother. :P))

    Chen Kalmurra's grenades (as I recall) are of a fairly standard model, so this is their profile:

    Range: 3-7/20/40
    Blast Radius: 0-2/4/6/10
    Damage: 5D/4D/3D/2D

    ((Range is the distance they can be thrown at Easy/Moderate/Difficult difficulty. Blast Radius and Damage are paired up into four tiers of damage dealt over distance; anything within 2 meters will take 5D damage but 4D at 3-4m, and none past 10m.))

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ((how far from the front door to the one where more security staff will likely be piling in?))

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.