Options

Chinese people live out my nightmares

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The second year I marched drum corps I took a Greyhound bus up to New Jersey. Long story short: my bag didn't get there with me, I spent several days rehearsing (and sweating profusely) in whatever clothes I could borrow from friends, and when I finally got my bag everything in it had been stolen except my pajamas, my shoes, and my prescription drugs. I'm pretty sure someone that worked for Greyhound was irritated that the corps staff kept calling them every couple of hours to bitch about it and decided to get back at them somehow.

Anyway, the corps raised some money for me and I "got to" go to the mall and Wal-Mart to buy some replacement clothes for the summer. I ended up shopping for a couple of hours in someone else's pajama pants.

A couple of weeks later I got jock itch from all that sweating into the same pair of underwear for five days.

Captain K on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    Makershot wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    I went to the grocery store once in my slippers and bathrobe.
    Dude.jpg

Pretty much

"What the fuck, man?"

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    the best chinese in bad clothes ive ever seen was this one time in japan when i was telling this british guy that its not too hard to spot the more distinguishable koreans or chinese amongst the japanese if you know what to look for

and i looked around to see if there might be a good example around even though there was hardly anyone around

but right there, in a quiet backstreet of tokyo, a city where neat clothes and proper daily grooming seem to be the bare minimum dress code for anyone leaving the house, were the two most downtrodden farmer looking chinese people you could imagine

faces looking unwashed and aged far beyond their years, dirty tattered clothes of the most basic sort, grey trousers brown jacket and a tweed cap that probably cost all up a couple of dollars max sort of clothes
    calloused hands holding cigarettes that were clearly crushed and bent

basically they were a shit example because it was too obvious

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    also its cool that a lot of chinese people would step out in pajamas
    actually a while back a friend whos been living in china for a few years was saying somethin about how one thing he likes in china is that people basically do whatever they want and dont worry about what other people think so much

im pretty sure pajamas in the street was his main example
    and/or spitting in the street

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2008
    american college students basically wear pajamas everywhere anyways

Unknown User on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We should put all chinese people on the moon

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Supposedly in North Korea the men just whip it out and piss wherever they please. If you're caught taking a photo of this they'll confiscate your memory card or make you hand over your film. The photographer that wrote about this did manage to snag a pretty clear shot of a Korean man in a business suit peeing into a river (in a public place with dozens of people walking around and paying him no mind) but he said he saw several folks just pissing on the street as well.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    leave it to North Korea to turn public urination into something seedy and gross

mrpaku on
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You do see that in Japan sometimes. Usually in more rural areas or elderly guys, but I saw it a few times.

Iloveslimes on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    once in india i saw a kid taking a shit in the street
    but im pretty sure thats because he didnt have a house so where else could he
    except i seem to remember him being on the top of some mound in full view of everything instead of in a ditch behind something

but i could be remembering that wrong

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i once pissed in an alley in japan but only because i was dying to and only after waiting a few minutes until the surrounding streets looked clear and then i did it in a hidden corner at night

then heaps came out and it started flowing down towards the street and i think maybe i exited from the other side of the alley

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Once me and my friends were just hanging out in downtown

everything was closing and no one would let me into the restrooms so I shat in an alley

it was actually pretty quick, took lke 4 seconds and then we were out of there

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Public peeing. Oh no. You might be seen by someone.

Talk to me once you've "saved up" like 6 days worth of poo until you decided it literally cannot wait any more, sprint off like a half mile away because you're above the tree line and you have to get out of sight of everyone, find a particularly sharp looking rock to dig out a little hole, poo into the hole, then cover it up, dispose of the rock (?!), and walk back another half mile.

Backpacking for 2 weeks teaches you to respect outhouses.

matthias00 on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man I don't get the hubbub here. I go round Morrisons in my dressing gown of a Saturday morning to get my full english.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I've actually gone out quite a few times in my pajamas.

Before I was even a college student, no less.

matthias00 on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    lots of people here wear pajama bottoms just like other people would wear jeans
    most people here are obsessed with lulu lemon pants so pajamas aren't far off and are a better substitute.

mully on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So many people at my university come to lectures in their pjs

I hate it. Mostly because I try to make an effort with my appearance if I'm in public

Call it a quirk

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i have noticed a correlation between girls that feel that pjs are okay for public appearances and dyed blonde hair

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i feel kind of sleazy even if i leave the house in sweatpants on an emergency run during holidays

it just feels white-trashy to me

mrpaku on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lots of people wear tracksuits around these parts and that's pretty much the same thing.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    sweat pants

ugg boots

a shirt that probably hasnt been washed in a couple weeks

college

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i'd never wear sweatpants out of the house
    ever
    i don't understand how people feel like they are suitably dressed for being outside when they do so
    unless they are jogging
    then it's okay

mully on
  • Options
    wakeboarderbluntwakeboarderblunt Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    im gonna wear my pajamas all day today. but its -44 Celsius with the wind chill today, so i'm not going outside.

wakeboarderblunt on
    stripessig.jpg
    WBblunt.gif
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    there isn't the weather to justify going out in my pyjamas

I never wear them anyway, I find them uncomfortable

FAQ on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My PJs are boxer-briefs and whatever undershirt I was wearing the previous day.

Also my socks if I go to bed drunk and forget to take them off.

What I am saying is that public appearances thusly are highly inappropriate.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I would never wear sweat pants outside of the house but I really do love wearing them

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If I'm not doing a sports or something I will must likely be found in a suit that makes me look like I am a 95 year old man.

I like to wear suits and nice shoes all the time.

Because people just aren't trying anymore:

tripp_bondageskull_pants.jpg

Really why is it neat to look like you dig through other peoples garbage for fun and for profit.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i have BCIT sweatpants that are the most comfortable thing in the world but, yeah, wouldn't wear outside. also they go like 5 inches past my feet and i haven't the heart to tear them or cut them, and hemming is too much work.

mully on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    If I'm not doing a sports or something I will must likely be found in a suit that makes me look like I am a 95 year old man.

I like to wear suits and nice shoes all the time.

Because people just aren't trying anymore:

tripp_bondageskull_pants.jpg

Really why is it neat to look like you dig through other peoples garbage for fun and for profit.

kh2sora_pic

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i find wearing sweatpants gives me unconcious license to play with my balls at all times

thus not wanting to wear them out of the house

mrpaku on
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    what the hell.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    mully wrote: »
    ever
    i don't understand how people feel like they are suitably dressed for being outside when they do so
    unless they are jogging
    then it's okay

They're just a little too comfortable. I have to wear jeans, I need some resistance.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    vrstvrst Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    People walking around in pjs and sweatpants had been the biggest culture shock moving to England from the continent.

vrst on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    ever
    unless they are jogging
    then it's okay

They're just a little too comfortable. I have to wear jeans, I need some resistance.

i think that's it, too -- also we've conditioned ourselves to link sweatpants to certain activities. for example, whenever i take my glasses off, i feel like it's bed time. i start getting sleepy even i if wasn't sleepy at all previously. i can't draw while i'm wearing jeans, however. that be sweatpant territory.

mully on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    i used to wear nothing but sweatpants.

that was in grade school.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't even own pajamas, but I've been working in a job so long that requires wearing suits or dress pants and coat every day, that I would cherish the thought of being in grad school full time, going to class unshaven with a t-shirt and jeans. It's not pajama level of lazy, but I totally understand where the people wearing pajamas on campuses are coming from.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    ever
    unless they are jogging
    then it's okay

i think that's it, too -- also we've conditioned ourselves to link sweatpants to certain activities. for example, whenever i take my glasses off, i feel like it's bed time. i start getting sleepy even i if wasn't sleepy at all previously. i can't draw while i'm wearing jeans, however. that be sweatpant territory.

Yeah I'm like that too with writing. In fact I'm going to do that now as it's late and the time is right.

Also i like to put my robe on and pretend that it's a smoking jacket :wink:

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I have pajama pants, but I don't really use them for anything at the moment.

When I'm at home they're my "not doing anything for an entire day" pants, and they are amazing

matthias00 on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I just hang out in my undies at home

Screw pants

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg