srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    What about Sleep Paralysis?

Nasty mother fucker right there.
    Worst.
    Experience.
    Ever.

I hate film theorists. They make up words like "characterological" and "politics of erotics", and they're all in love with Freud. All of this material I've been forced to read is so incredibly dated...

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »

Worst.
    Experience.
    Ever.

I feel like I'm missing out :(

I hate film theorists. They make up words like "characterological" and "politics of erotics", and they're all in love with Freud. All of this material I've been forced to read is so incredibly dated...

Anyone who thinks Freud's sexual theories are correct is a dumbass.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Worst.
    Experience.
    Ever.

No, really, you aren't.

I used to get them all the time as a kid, but never knew how to describe it to my parents so they had no idea what I would be rambling about.

It is the worst experience you will ever have in your sleep and I die a little inside just thinking about it.

Godfather on
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, it was fun having to explain to my new room mate on the first day at college, "Oh, by the way, if you hear me shrieking horrifically in my sleep, it's actually best not to wake me up. Sorry about that."

lyrium on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I don't mean missing out in the "that's the coolest thing ever!" More like missing out in that I want to experience it just once so I know what it's like.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited December 2008

Worst.
    Experience.
    Ever.

No, really, you aren't.

I used to get them all the time as a kid, but never knew how to describe it to my parents so they had no idea what I would be rambling about.

It is the worst experience you will ever have in your sleep and I die a little inside just thinking about it.
    Yeah. I thought I was going crazy the first time. I was thinking "Holy crap, I'm dying. I can't move, I can't get out. I've had a stroke or something." Actually, the first time I didn't wake up really, I just had like 100 dreams in a row of waking up, but I never actually could, and I knew I wasn't able to get my real body to move.

I've developed some sort of panic strategy to shock my body into waking up though, I don't really know how. The weirdest part is once I get my body up and moving, I have to start doing something to wake my mind up all the way, because all I want to do is just go back to sleep.

It's really horrible. I read that it's your brain waking up while the rest of your body is still frozen by the paralyzing stuff your body releases to keep you from moving and hurting/killing yourself when you're asleep.

I can't imagine how horrible it would be as a child...

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It's apparently also why some people think they've been/are being abducted by aliens.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Worst.
    Experience.
    Ever.

No, really, you aren't.

Yeah. I thought I was going crazy the first time. I was thinking "Holy crap, I'm dying. I can't move, I can't get out. I've had a stroke or something." Actually, the first time I didn't wake up really, I just had like 100 dreams in a row of waking up, but I never actually could, and I knew I wasn't able to get my real body to move.

I can't imagine how horrible it would be as a child...

Hi5. You practically summed it up for me.

Yeah as a kid it was awful, and nothing's worse than having no earthy idea how to describe it to your parents when you don't have the vocabulary to do so. It was just something I had to deal with.

The worst was the claustrophobia that would set in. I'm not even claustrophobic, but sleep paralysis would make me.

Godfather on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008

Worst.
    Experience.
    Ever.

Anyone who thinks Freud's sexual theories are correct is a dumbass.

freud had theories about the field of vision which are still accepted and used in cultural and film theory circles

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    I had a dream that Mario Lopez came to my house and I couldn't get rid of him.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cocks Cocks Cocks.

Oops, Freudian slip.

So I found a cure for cabin fever.

Baking cookies.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I thought the cure for Cabin Fever was to prevent Eli Roth from making any more films...

• Options
    BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Did you tell him that there was a wholesome hosting gig for, say, a funny animal talent show on the other side of town? That would have done it.

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    freud had theories about the field of vision which are still accepted and used in cultural and film theory circles
    Yes, but since a lot of these theorists are still clinging to a lot of nonsense in Freud's work. Like, one guy tries to explain why hearing things in a theater is "pleasurable." He says it brings us back to the sensation of first hearing our mother speak to us, and then our father coming in and spoiling it or something. I also read the most horridly composed essay by Laura Mulvey who's apparently quite popular, but also totally insane. Some of her ideas make sense, but she doesn't know how to speak or write so that other people understand her.

There's some merit to Freud. There's also a lot of bullshit in Freud. It's hard to distinguish the two.
    Forbe! wrote: »
    So I found a cure for cabin fever.

Baking cookies.
    That's a temporary reprieve. You'll be tying the noose soon enough.

You could come celebrate Christmas with me as we bury my grandmother's ashes!

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I thought the cure for Cabin Fever was to prevent Eli Roth from making any more films...

You can see how well that's worked.

@freud: I know I'm not really talking about the same issue. I just felt the need to vent some steam :P

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Betelgeuse wrote: »

Did you tell him that there was a wholesome hosting gig for, say, a funny animal talent show on the other side of town? That would have done it.

When I woke up and told my roommate, she said

"He was just here in town, signing stuff at the borders."
    "Really? Someone must have accidentally recognized him when they asked him to stop writing all of things."

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Seriously how can you resist his mildly ethnic dimpled smile? Doesn't that just charm the pants off of you?

I think that dimple must be enhanced with airbrushing. It's like a tiny black hole.

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No it makes me want to punch him in the face.

I hate happy and beautiful people.

Tam on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think that dimple must be enhanced with airbrushing. It's like a tiny black hole.

Those are dimple implants.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dimplants?

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Seriously how can you resist his mildly ethnic dimpled smile? Doesn't that just charm the pants off of you?

Yeah, he's kinda reminding me of the character from Jesus' Son that was shot through the cheek.

I also shouted "I am Immortal! I have inside me blood of kings! When I woke up this morning.

I'm kinda fun to live with at times, depending on how you feel about immortals and Mario Lopez.

• Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If I had to choose someone to be around, I would chose someone who loves to cook with a passion. And I will trade them drawings for food.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Assuming they wanted your drawings.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I would chose someone who loves to cook with a passion.

So you're going to choose a woman?
    I am Nappuccino and I do not approve of this message

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    This is true that women must cook. But many have begun to defy there roles in life. So you can't trust what shouldddd beeee.

Edit: and forbe brings up a good point. Odds are they will hate everything I make.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I actually like to cook but I can't do it all the time. I just have to really get it in my head to make something first though and have enough time to make it. Also funny enough, most women I know that cook or like to cook are all really bad at it.

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh god, I don't think I am actually sexist. But I have had enough crazyyy encounters with girls being concerned about there weight and thinking getting onions in a big' mac from mcdonalds justifies the calories and hire a Weight managing coach..... That I just don't know.

MY NEIGHBOUR JUST GAVE ME HOMEMADE COOKIES YES! One of my neighbours gives me delicious foods, then my other neighbour destroys my yard and grunts alot and makes our lives annoying.

edit: one time she gave me a chicken and a potato. That was the best day ever.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I like to cook. I don't know if I'm any good at it, but I sure as hell like giving it a try!

• Options
    edited December 2008
    I like making Ramen.... does that count?

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    I like to cook. I don't know if I'm any good at it, but I sure as hell like giving it a try!

frienddddd

speaking of friends. All of my new friends that I finally made are gone. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I need to try some more experimenting with my cooking. Mostly I just do italian foods which is pretty safe. I can do them well but nothing really new about them.

Veritas on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

No, boiling water, putting noodles in and waiting for them to get soft before adding a packet of pre-prepared seasoning does not count as cooking.

Unless you're talking about actually making your very own ramen, in which case it is cooking.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Tam wrote: »

Unless you're talking about actually making your very own ramen, in which case it is cooking.

...sometimes I put a boiled egg in it....

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Whenever people start talking about food I become feisty.

Edit: I blame forbe and his cookies.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't usually cook, but I cooked chicken alfredo for my lady, had some wine, and it was delicious. It makes me want to learn more cooking.

Virum on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man the president has some good reaction time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XwJ1A-RHYY

PROX on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    See you shouldn't have elected him president, you should've elected him secretary of shoe dodging.

EDIT: that sounded funnier in my head.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Tam wrote: »

...sometimes I put a boiled egg in it....
    Oh God, please don't start the food and ramen discussion again. Loomdun will never end!

So working on a paper for 5 hours straight is a little stressful. Now I'm kind of brain dead and nothing I'm writing is coming out well...I'm also kind of jacked up on caffeine. Guess it's time for a food break.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You know what makes me not want to eat a hotdog?
    whatthehell.jpg

God I typed in delicious food in google image search to help appease me. This is nott helping.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Do you get the feeling that they suck a lot of dicks....at the same time.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.