As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comics shipping Nov 8th!

2»

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Godfather wrote:
    Well crud. This is my first foray into the Sandman universe, so I guess i'll be waiting for quite some time before I can find out what happens next in the story.

You could try your library. Or just Barnes and Noble. For the orginal trades.

august on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    It's basically a what-if book that switches Marvel characters around, based on that one doctor being killed before he had a chance to make Captain America rather than after. It's good.

wait, i saw the title and assumed it was another civil war thing

if it's all that good, maybe i'll pick it up tomorrow

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    This month's Y and last month's Y could have easily been a single issue.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Holy shit, New X-Men was outstanding this week. I think I'm starting to like this more than Astonishing.

Hensler on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    It's basically a what-if book that switches Marvel characters around, based on that one doctor being killed before he had a chance to make Captain America rather than after. It's good.

One Doctor AND Ben Parker being killed. It didnt have a huge impact on this issue, but I think that death is going to be just as important to the series, based on the ending.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hmmm. My comic shop got Bullet Points in last week, so i've had it for awhile now, and i completely agree that it's worth reading. Doctor Strange this week was good, and i got worried at the mention of Mordo, but luckily that wasn't the case. Decided to pick up Annihilation and it's back issues after hearing from a number of sources how great it is, and it is definitely worth it if you have the money. My shop's owner said he'd give me a discount on all of the lead-up series, but i didn't have the money, so i'm gonna have to get those next week.

Also, USM #6 very good condition 75% off. So delicious.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    What I would have picked up if I had any money:
    Batman And The Mad Monk #4 $3.50
    Fables #55 $2.99
    Green Arrow Vol 3 #68 $2.99
    Martian Manhunter Vol 3 #4 $2.99
    Superman #657 $2.99

You need to add Tales of the Unexpected to that list...and I don't give a shit if you like the Spectre or not.

You can skip on Green Arow #68, as it had very little to do with plot progression. Ollie fights the same assassins from last issue. There ya go, saved you $2.99

The ending pissed me off though -

[spoiler:dc8763dc12]The little assassin leaves Ollie a note skewered on a katana.."Your Robin Hood carried steel and so should you. P.S. rid yourself of that insipid hat" [/spoiler:dc8763dc12]

Fucking katana.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Is it bad that I kind of want to get Tales of the Unexpected just for the Doctor Thirteen backups? Flipping through them at the store the Spectre bits did nothing for me, but the backups were pretty awesome.

Munch on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Munch wrote:
    Is it bad that I kind of want to get Tales of the Unexpected just for the Doctor Thirteen backups? Flipping through them at the store the Spectre bits did nothing for me, but the backups were pretty awesome.

Yes, you are a terrible person. Punishment? Self Flagellation. Begin.

I usually never end up reading the backups, unless they have something to do with the titles story. I probably should though, since Im paying an extra $2.50 for the fucking book.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I didn't really get the Dr. 13 bits, but the main Spectre story is unbelievably awesome.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Everyone should read Wisdom. Everyone.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious