As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I [chat] Airwolf

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    takin are jerbs

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Johannen wrote: »
    Sapnin Haps!

In the sack? Not much. :P

The swimmers drowning? :P

How's the great eastern provinces doing? Your government is having a right barney at ours at the moment, and quite rightly I think.

It has? Wow, not much news over here, I'm afraid (more interested in terrorist plots, nazi stabbings and child murder... apparently).

yeah Steinbruck has been saying Browns rescue policies are all shit and theater.

http://www.smartbrief.com/news/cfa/storyDetails.jsp?issueid=B3EC24A5-B59F-400D-A480-030587238622&copyid=29FB7C7D-BB08-49F1-B6AD-A496B6B5A4E6&lmcid=

Well, he's right about that. But I'm afraid he doesn't have any better ideas.

You've obviously seen this: http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2008/12/15/daily17.html

Madoff being a prick and fucking up everything. he even boasted about it to his employees like it was some kind of silly little game he'd been playing and getting away with (which it probably was to him).

Johannen on
  • Options
    enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Alien takeover movies scare me the most.
    They don't scare me. In fact, I for one welcome our new alien overlords.

I heard a story on public radio the other night about how alien invasion movies and stories are related to the fact that Europeans invaded America, or there's some sort of allegorical connection, or something

I think I heard something like this on NPR...were they talking to a Native American author who wrote some sort of science fiction where the Native Americans make space ships, settle on Mars and marry/interbreed with the green Martians?

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Feral wrote: »

I heard a story on public radio the other night about how alien invasion movies and stories are related to the fact that Europeans invaded America, or there's some sort of allegorical connection, or something

whaaaaaaaat
    Sometimes a flying saucer full of conquistadors is just a flying saucer full of conquistadors.

Bama on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    whaaaaaaaat
    I’ve heard it in relation to Twilight Zone.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Who the fuck would name their kid that? I mean honestly, it's like naming them Caligula, or Syphilis.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008

whaaaaaaaat

http://www.studio360.org/episodes/2008/12/12

Story's called "Take Me to Your Leader"

Medopine on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    WHERE'S MY UNDERWEAR I'M GONNA GO CLEAN MY COCK OFF

I actually have really sensitive skin, and it's pretty common for vaginal fluids to irritate me somethin' fierce.

I always feel kind of sheepish the first time I break that to a girl, where I'm like, "Uh, I gotta go rinse off." and then I have to explain but I worry that they think that I think they're dirty and I'm just making up reasons or something.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    James wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I guess I sit at a desk all day. Unless I absolutely have to, I'd rather be stretched out on a couch or something

All games should be played on a 17" laptop in bed while ensconced in a fortress of pillows and blankets.

Having done this on my laptop and the PS2, I can second that this is the best way to play games.

How did you do this with a PS2?

And I don't know, it's hard to beat an enormous television.

I have a little TV in my room, which my PS2 is plugged into.

James on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    stilist wrote: »

What the flying fuck.

And I can't believe there were comments that supported the parents.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Irene is just a little northeast of me right now. Weird.

Cinders on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shop is dumb. Parents are dumber.

Bama on
  • Options
    enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

whaaaaaaaat

http://www.studio360.org/episodes/2008/12/12

Story's called "Take Me to Your Leader"

Yeah, that's the one.

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I actually have really sensitive skin, and it's pretty common for vaginal fluids to irritate me somethin' fierce.

I always feel kind of sheepish the first time I break that to a girl, where I'm like, "Uh, I gotta go rinse off." and then I have to explain but I worry that they think that I think they're dirty and I'm just making up reasons or something.
    You may have chosen the wrong lifestyle, then.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008

I think I heard something like this on NPR...were they talking to a Native American author who wrote some sort of science fiction where the Native Americans make space ships, settle on Mars and marry/interbreed with the green Martians?
    that sounds like a terrible book

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok, new topic: how much does Machinae Supremacy rock?

The answer? A lot.

While it is garish and unseemly to quote ones own posts I feel that perhaps the board might benefit from more awesome.

Earthbound

Hero

Loot Burn Rape Kill Repeat

Hubnester Inferno

March of the Undead

Fury

comp-origin.jpg
    comp-arcade.jpg
    comp-fury.jpg

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Don't read the comments.
    They were discriminated against just like when a pharmacy clerk refuses to fill an order for birth control.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So i'm in the bar/club thread. And I have a brief revelation.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You may have chosen the wrong lifestyle, then.

Doubtful

Feral on

• Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I've been going out with my girlfriend for a year, and I used to let it go at the beginning because it's a case of cuddle or death at the beginning, but now I give my cock a clean every time afterward. Who wants to cuddle and then have a wet cock flop onto their thigh?!

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

What the flying fuck.

I personally wouldn't name my kid that, and they were pretty dumb for doing so

But it's not a good reason to deprive a kid of his birthday cake

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Riemann: I like that cover art. What kind of music is it, and what song would be a good introduction?

Feral on

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sucks to be those kids.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

What the flying fuck.

Birthday cakes never have full names.

It's always "Happy Birthday Timmy" not "Happy Birthday Timmy Robinson."

Which makes me think the family specifically demanded "Happy Birthday Adolph Hitler" rather than "Happy Birthday Adolph" just so they could make a stink when the supermarket refused.

Feral on

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Don't read the comments.
    They were discriminated against just like when a pharmacy clerk refuses to fill an order for birth control.
    I disagree.
    is that a mullet? in 2008? wow! that alone is almost child abuse

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So i'm in the bar/club thread. And I have a brief revelation.
    ....And?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DONE WITH MY EXAMS GUYS

I GOTTA SAY

mission-accomplished.jpg

NOW TO FUCKING PASS OUT YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

What the flying fuck.

If I were the shop, I would have just given them a blank cake and washed my hands of the matter, though I wouldn't like it, because, I mean I know it's petty, but I frankly don't want to do anything for people either retarded or hateful enough to name their kid Adolf Hitler.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Riemann: I like that cover art. What kind of music is it, and what song would be a good introduction?

Its Metal. But very musical metal. As in not just grunting / screaming / uncontrolled distortion. Tends towards the epic.

I would recommend Earthbound or Hero.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Huh?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok, new topic: how much does Machinae Supremacy rock?

The answer? A lot.

While it is garish and unseemly to quote ones own posts I feel that perhaps the board might benefit from more awesome.

Earthbound

Hero

Loot Burn Rape Kill Repeat

Hubnester Inferno

March of the Undead

Fury

comp-origin.jpg
    comp-arcade.jpg
    comp-fury.jpg

Haha. Those guys are in my custom music folder for Fallout Tactics. Sidology 2 is my favorite. Though so is Hero.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

What the flying fuck.

Birthday cakes never have full names.

It's always "Happy Birthday Timmy" not "Happy Birthday Timmy Robinson."

Which makes me think the family specifically demanded "Happy Birthday Adolph Hitler" rather than "Happy Birthday Adolph" just so they could make a stink when the supermarket refused.

Eh, like I said the supermarket is totally within its rights to refuse service

I just think it's a pretty stupid reason. You're not making a cake for the real Adolph Hitler. And making a custom cake isn't an endorsement of his views or something.

/shrug

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

What the flying fuck.

They didn't deprive the kid of his birthday cake. They were willing to sell them the cake, and leave enough blank space on it for the family to write whatever the fuck they wanted on it.

They refused to write "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" on the cake, that's all. That's not depriving the kid of cake, only of seeing his name written in frosting on top of a cake.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Its Metal. But very musical metal. As in not just grunting / screaming / uncontrolled distortion. Tends towards the epic.

I would recommend Earthbound or Hero.

I need more metal in my life I have decided this yes I have decided.

And so I shall begin the listening.

Feral on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    DONE WITH MY EXAMS GUYS

I GOTTA SAY

mission-accomplished.jpg

NOW TO FUCKING PASS OUT YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Ah, no. That's not a proper use of that picture.

Given historical context, the proper time to use it would have been after writing your name on top of the first exam you would write. And only if you had made a mistake in your name.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Snow_Monkeys_32.jpg

Me and my girlfriend get to go on Holiday together for the first time in March, and we're going to Morocco, then we want to go on a Skiing trip somewhere, and I've been allowed to choose, so I've chose Yamanouchi in Japan, so I can go to see the snow monkeys.

THEY BOTHER THE FUCKING SKIIERS!! the little scamps.

Johannen on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What does this band sound like?

Good job Zen

Names are silly, I feel bad for those kids when they get a bit older.

And Sax it's that I don't really like much of anything.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

What the flying fuck.

They didn't deprive the kid of his birthday cake. They were willing to sell them the cake, and leave enough blank space on it for the family to write whatever the fuck they wanted on it.

They refused to write "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" on the cake, that's all. That's not depriving the kid of cake, only of seeing his name written in frosting on top of a cake.

Well, deprived the kid of the requested custom cake they were asked to make

I don't really care that much, like I said it's totally their right to refuse to do it

Medopine on
This discussion has been closed.