As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So NA finally has a Club Nintendo: register crap to get free crap

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I got a quick question. On the club Nintendo site, it says:
    Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?
    Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011.

Does that mean my earned coins will disappear, or just coins that I haven't gotten by filling out surveys?

Also, for those of you worried about reaching platinum status. In case you didn't know, you can get some coins by filling out new surveys about the DS/Wii/misc. Can get a few coins from those (they expire on the 30th).

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    :(

I just want them to hurry and tell us what we get. :(

Still crossing my fingers the platinum reward sucks. Nintendo just didn't release enough good 1st party stuff this last year for me to get there. Next year should be easy though - 3DS (plus games), Metroid, Kirby, Zelda (maybe), etc.

But they have more than enough good 1st party stuff over the last three years to make platinum. Why does it only have to be the last year for you?

I have done platinum both years so far, and still have enough registrations in the wing that I'll be about 150 or 200 shy of platinum for next year.

Plus why would you wish a crappy prize for those of us who did make platinum...that's just mean. :(

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I just want them to hurry and tell us what we get. :(

Still crossing my fingers the platinum reward sucks. Nintendo just didn't release enough good 1st party stuff this last year for me to get there. Next year should be easy though - 3DS (plus games), Metroid, Kirby, Zelda (maybe), etc.

But they have more than enough good 1st party stuff over the last three years to make platinum. Why does it only have to be the last year for you?

I have done platinum both years so far, and still have enough registrations in the wing that I'll be about 150 or 200 shy of platinum for next year.

Plus why would you wish a crappy prize for those of us who did make platinum...that's just mean. :(

Eh, not really. I easily made platinum last year but that was largely due to previous registrations. Up until New Super Mario Wii there was a serious drought of good 1st party titles (unless you like Wii Fit I guess?). And DS games are worth so stupid few points. It would be another matter entirely if I could also register 3rd party stuff, as I've purchased plenty of that. Hell, if I could register 3rd party stuff I'd probably have platinum lined up for next year already...

That, and if it actually counted older Virtual Console purchases (they didn't really start counting them until recently I think). I bought a *ton* off there initially, but then they basically gave up on VC and every once in a blue moon you will get a good game like Rondo of Blood or something.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey, guys, this here says I'm Platinum, right?

cn.png

Why didn't I get an e-mail saying that I reached Platinum status this year?

RockinX on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I haven't gotten a E-Mail yet. But if your account says Platinum then you should be fine.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Junior YankJunior Yank Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Whoo, Sin & Punishment (+ intend to buy) has landed me squarely on 600 points for this past year! It looks like I won't make platinum next year, unless I get a 3DS.

Junior Yank on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    http://kotaku.com/5576836/club-nintendo-of-japan-rewards-mario-fans-with-mario-tees

*inhales*

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN*

Riokenn on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sites down for maintenance. Maybe we'll find out in the morning about elite rewards.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    TOPolkTOPolk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So...what'd we get?

For the Platinum guys
    clubn_2010_yearend_v6_12.jpg

And for the Gold members
    clubn_2010_yearend_v6_14.jpg

Discuss

TOPolk on
    http://topolk.blogspot.com
    Wii Friend Code: 8534 4083 2881 0480
    BRAWL: 4425 1130 1718
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I love the figurine. The Mario hat was a novelty - this is a collector's item.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh man this is so awesome!

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    OMG! DO WANT! :shock:

edit: done and ordered. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy Shit! I am glad I bumped up to Platinum before the deadline.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fuuuuuuuuuck.

I have over 600 coins sitting here, and I didnt even BOTHER with it. I figured there's nothing new in the store I like, and last year's gifts (I took the Punch Out game) were so blah that it wouldn't matter.

I apoligize to everyone for next year, when I enter these coins and am eligable, so the gifts will undoubtably go back to being shitty.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I really wish I had bought more nintendo games this year.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It is funny how there is such a rift between the two prizes.

It is like:
    figurine:D
    calendar:x

Krathoon on
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The figure is kind of cool, but overall the prizes seem a bit underwhelming again this year. I wish they would bust out the super awesome usable stuff that Japan tends to get. Basically, I want that damn Super Famicom replica classic controller :x. Grats to those that made platinum.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I got the email a few minutes ago and I'm so glad I reached 600! This is awesome! I'm putting in my order now!

EDIT: Ordered!

I think I could understand if these were underwhelming if we had gotten cool things like the SNES Classic Controller or whatever else previously. But considering we never used to get ANYTHING before (When Japan and Europe did) and now we get FREE stuff, I can't complain.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am at work.

What did we get in text form?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I am at work.

What did we get in text form?

Figurine of Mario characters together. Mario, Luigi, Princess, Toad, Bowser, and a pipe with a goomba coming out.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Welp, I know what I am getting when I go home tonight.

I just wish we got the soundtracks.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm 20 coins of 600 for next year's platinum. I should be at 80 when I get home and register Galaxy 2 tonight. I can't remember if there's any others I have not registered yet. Did Trauma Team have a club code?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Looks like another Calendar for me to put on my desk at the office.

Oh well.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy Shiek! And this doesn't have any kind of weapons, so it means my shitty government doesn't have an excuse to let me receive the figurines!

I would have really like the SNES Classic Controller, but who cares?

RockinX on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I'm 20 coins of 600 for next year's platinum. I should be at 80 when I get home and register Galaxy 2 tonight. I can't remember if there's any others I have not registered yet. Did Trauma Team have a club code?

Are you sure stuff is already counting towards next year? I would hate for you to register now and they're like "whoops sorry, mix up in registration timing, now those coins don't count."

Also nobody should jump the gun and go for another 600 coins immediately either, since there's the chance of time-limited bonus surveys/coins throughout the year. Wait until next June to finish up.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Jagged WafflesJagged Waffles Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Are you sure stuff is already counting towards next year? I would hate for you to register now and they're like "whoops sorry, mix up in registration timing, now those coins don't count."

Also nobody should jump the gun and go for another 600 coins immediately either, since there's the chance of time-limited bonus surveys/coins throughout the year. Wait until next June to finish up.

It should be counting; they've already reset the Platinum status.

That said, this is an awesome freebie, and gives me hope that we will eventually get bigger things like the controller or soundtracks.

Jagged Waffles on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

It should be counting; they've already reset the Platinum status.

That said, this is an awesome freebie, and gives me hope that we will eventually get bigger things like the controller or soundtracks.

Yeah, they already reset the platinum status meters and I did the same thing last year. They can always see that I did it on July 1 in the history if anything were to go wrong. I'm just thrilled at how fast we found out what the prize would be and could order it already. Now if only they didn't say "will ship by December"...
    Elite Status Coins for 2011 20

EDIT: It's really funny going through my history at the beginning:
    12/17/2008 - registered 7 games
    1/19/2009 - 13 games/post play surveys completed (hit 600 coins)
    7/1/2009 - 7 games/post play surveys
    And then after that it gets more sporadic as I buy games through the year.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well I went ahead and put in all my codes and post plays that I've been saving all since hitting plat last year.

I'm at 450 coins for 2011 now. :P

Now with the games I still plan to buy this year and the 3DS I'll hit Plat with no problem by June.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well I went ahead and put in all my codes and post plays that I've been saving all since hitting plat last year.

I'm at 450 coins for 2011 now. :P

Now with the games I still plan to buy this year and the 3DS I'll hit Plat with no problem by June.

Oh yeah, the 3DS will definitely be helping me hit Plat for next year.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm so confused about status shit on this site. I just ordered the Mario statue, so apparently I was platinum, but I didn't think I had registered that many games since I got the hat last time. (not complaining)

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wow, I didn't think they'd reveal the prizes so soon.

Mario Figure get.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I love the figurine. The Mario hat was a novelty - this is a collector's item.

Wat? Come on, I love the Mario hat. I have it hanging on my wall like as if I murdered Mario and it's my trophy for doing so.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Huzzah for the cool statue! Plus thepain and I both hit platinum this year so we will have two of them to put in our apartment. I dunno where we will put that much awesome haha.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Whoo, Sin & Punishment (+ intend to buy) has landed me squarely on 600 points for this past year! It looks like I won't make platinum next year, unless I get a 3DS.

Wait, Sin & Punishment had an "intend to buy"? Why the hell didn't I see it when I did so with DQIX? Fuck.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Whee, calendar. So jealous of Platinum this year.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Whee, calendar. So jealous of Platinum this year.

I wish Nintendo had released more non-crap games this last year so I could have reached Platinum.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seriously. I'll totally be Platinum next year, though. Go go 3DS.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Wat? Come on, I love the Mario hat. I have it hanging on my wall like as if I murdered Mario and it's my trophy for doing so.

Oh, I agree. I have mine sitting right by my desk. Just saying that it's not as... uniquely Club Nintendo. You can't get the exact hat anywhere else, but it doesn't scream out that it's a reward. Seems like a sweet piece of swag or a promotional item or something. Plus, it doesn't really fit. I mean, it fits on my head, but it's not, like, a real hat. It's a pillow with a brim. Now it just sounds like I'm complaining - I love the hat, but I think that the figurine is a huge, continued step in the right direction from Club Nintendo.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So, its safe to say that in the future:

Platinum members get awesome sauce stuff.

Gold members will get calendars.

Yay!

EDIT: UGH, the site is super slow and is not letting me claim mario figure. :(

Riokenn on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey, now that's a damn fine reward.

And DQ9 has an intend to buy? Too groovy.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
This discussion has been closed.