Options

God of War 3 : Chaotic Beat Downs

13»

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fawst wrote: »
    You know... I take back what I said in the FF thread. When I get my mom's PS2 from her this weekend (since the bitch got a PS3 before me... mumble grumble), GoWII will be what I play first. I honestly do NOT remember most of this game, or the first one.

Spoilers for 1 and 2:
    Ok, so in the first game, you have to kill Ares, but did you fight any other Gods? I don't remember, and I don't think you did. You received gifts from the Gods to help you in your fight, I remember that much.

Then in part 2, you have to kill the Fates, the Gods of the Gods, so to speak. Athena was killed by who? I forget, but I'm like 99% sure she died. Didn't Zeus do it? Ok, so now you're launching an assault on Olympus with an army of Titans at your back.

Time to kill every God in part 3?
    You killed her. She saved Zeus by jumping on your blade.

Djiem on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ooooooooooh yeah... ok, but I am pretty much right in saying that other than those two I mentioned, that's it, yes? I have a feeling this could be pretty badass if it goes down the way I hope it will.

Fawst on
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, in the 1 & 2 you took on Legends & Myths as bosses, other than the 2 you mention i think the rest are all still farting about on Olympus.
    Like others have said, this will probably be the game that makes me buy a PS3, thoroughly enjoyed the first two.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There is a cut scene in 2 that shows Hades
    wielding blades very similar to Kratos' and killing a titan with them.

Heres hoping for a boss fight. Maybe kratos will beat him to death with pillars covered with spinning blades.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ooooooooooh yeah... ok, but I am pretty much right in saying that other than those two I mentioned, that's it, yes? I have a feeling this could be pretty badass if it goes down the way I hope it will.

Awhile ago, it was mentioned what the point of the God of War series was going to be.
    Why the Greek Gods don't exist anymore. In other words, it was going to be about them all being offed one after another, apparently by Kratos.

So yeah...I think you're on the right track. After what happened in GoW2, I don't think Kratos will settle for anything less.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, in the 1 & 2 you took on Legends & Myths as bosses, other than the 2 you mention i think the rest are all still farting about on Olympus.
    Like others have said, this will probably be the game that makes me buy a PS3, thoroughly enjoyed the first two.

seriously

the opportunity to punch some immortal gods in the mush with massive lion knuckledusters is just

arousing in the strongest way

Nuzak on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    This is the game that will sell me a PS3. Fuck MGS4 and LBP, it's all about God of War.

Fucking. A.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Marikir wrote: »

Awhile ago, it was mentioned what the point of the God of War series was going to be.
    Why the Greek Gods don't exist anymore. In other words, it was going to be about them all being offed one after another, apparently by Kratos.

So yeah...I think you're on the right track. After what happened in GoW2, I don't think Kratos will settle for anything less.
    you know after killing basically everyone on olympus and the titans will turn around and beat the shit out of him and send him INTO HADES LOL and he'll climb out and start killing more titans

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Nuzak wrote: »

you know after killing basically everyone on olympus and the titans will turn around and beat the shit out of him and send him INTO HADES LOL and he'll climb out and start killing more titans

That sounds suspiciously like it could come about. The only thing that makes me think it might not quite turn out that way is the fact that it is (God of War 2 spoiler)
    Gaia who's been the narrator the whole time.

But yeah, I'm curious what they'll do to strip him of his powers this time. Unless they do the unthinkable and DON'T do that...hmmm...

Marikir on
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

That sounds suspiciously like it could come about. The only thing that makes me think it might not quite turn out that way is the fact that it is (God of War 2 spoiler)

But yeah, I'm curious what they'll do to strip him of his powers this time. Unless they do the unthinkable and DON'T do that...hmmm...

Well, he really hasn't got powers anymore, more just a few weapons and the RoT
    He's still mortal at the end of 2 isn't he?

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Quite true. I'm actually referring to all of his upgraded fighting stuff, his expanded life bar, his magic, and all the stuff you basically use to get through the game.

So yeah, he's definitely not back to where he was at the end of GoW 1 or the start of GoW2.

Good point.

Marikir on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Did anyone mention how fucking awesome GoW and GoW 2 were, yet?

Cuz GoW/2 are fucking awesome.

And I'm glad they changed Kratos' body paint to red from blue.

Fawst on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man I hope they keep his current power level (over 9000!!!) and just have the game just become truly epic.

I mean gods throwing the moon at other gods sort of epic.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Did anyone mention how fucking awesome GoW and GoW 2 were, yet?

Cuz GoW/2 are fucking awesome.

And I'm glad they changed Kratos' body paint to red from blue.

they what

Nuzak on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Quite true. I'm actually referring to all of his upgraded fighting stuff, his expanded life bar, his magic, and all the stuff you basically use to get through the game.

So yeah, he's definitely not back to where he was at the end of GoW 1 or the start of GoW2.

Good point.

End of GoW2
    Although I think he's still technically mortal, not only does he have the powers of the threads of the Fates now, he also took back the Blade of Olympus that Zeus tricked him into putting all his immortal powers into in the first place. I wonder if he could break the Blade somehow to reassume his immortality.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, that part. Not just that part, the whole corridor. But yeah...intense stuff, frustrating at first, but oh so satisfying when I finally slew every single last one of them. Still took me about 3 days or so.

Each enemy in GoW2 is super easy to kill if you know what you are doing. I was stuck on that corridor forever because I could not kill the Gorgons easily. Once I figured out how to do that (
    using earthquake)
    all my troubles dissolved.

It is like a gauntlet where you need to be at a B level on every monster to proceed or else it is fail for you.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    KalTorak wrote: »

Good point.

End of GoW2
    Although I think he's still technically mortal, not only does he have the powers of the threads of the Fates now, he also took back the Blade of Olympus that Zeus tricked him into putting all his immortal powers into in the first place. I wonder if he could break the Blade somehow to reassume his immortality.
    Well the fates, as i remember it, was tied to the fates temple, in that he had to rewind a thread and jump through the portal in order to go back to the Titans Vs Gods Royal Rumble, whilst you were doing this the temple was collapsing after he does that crap, temple collapses = no more fates/no power of the fates ((i think)pretty sure of),

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The GoW games are the only ones I've ever played that, after playing for a few hours, made me want to just start breaking things/people in whatever awesome ways, just so it would look cool. That is a victory for gaming in general. These games always get me pumped as hell.

SJ on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    snip
    Well the fates, as i remember it, was tied to the fates temple, in that he had to rewind a thread and jump through the portal in order to go back to the Titans Vs Gods Royal Rumble, whilst you were doing this the temple was collapsing after he does that crap, temple collapses = no more fates/no power of the fates ((i think)pretty sure of),
    Ahh, true. Well, he's still got the giant glowy sword.

Also, I loved how GoW2 started you off just as powerful as you were when you finished GoW. I hate when sequels pick up where the old character left off but inexplicably beat him down from ass-kicking monster to 5 year old with a stick.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Good point.

End of GoW2
    i don't think they thought too much about the whole thing re: the threads of fate

you're probably right because i mean they wouldn't want kratos to control time because that's a can of worms, but technically he's just destroyed the written future

and whatever jumper clotho was knitting

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    snip

Also, I loved how GoW2 started you off just as powerful as you were when you finished GoW. I hate when sequels pick up where the old character left off but inexplicably beat him down from ass-kicking monster to 5 year old with a stick.

it actually provided a half-way decent excuse for losing his powers

having the utter balls kicked out of him by the colossus and rhode's army and whatever else

and then he gets crushed

and then impaled

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    snip

Yeah, starting GoW2 with the majority of the powers you had at the end of GoW1 was a nice touch. I do have to admit though, as soon as
    Kratos started draining his energy into the sword
    at the opening stage boss fight, I started to yell "It's a trap!"

However, that was a clever way to transition to gameplay where you have to restore yourself and your powers while at the same time seeking to undo what was done to you and your people.

Marikir on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    snip

Yeah, starting GoW2 with the majority of the powers you had at the end of GoW1 was a nice touch. I do have to admit though, as soon as
    Kratos started draining his energy into the sword
    at the opening stage boss fight, I started to yell "It's a trap!"

However, that was a clever way to transition to gameplay where you have to restore yourself and your powers while at the same time seeking to undo what was done to you and your people.

As this happened, my train of thought was basically: "Well, that is the obligatory going back to basic stats phase of all these games. At least it makes canonical sense in this one."

Djiem on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I thought it was badass and horrifying at the same time. I was part "oh god this is awesome" and part "NO DON'T DO IT HE'S TRICKING YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

man I love GoW

Senshi on