As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BarbieGirls.com: PA Group! (or use the other Rock Band thread)

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i'm really starting to rue the day I purchased the rock band 2 SE, my RMA guitar replacement finally got here! Hurray! only its the sunburst model..which just looks plain fugly compared to the SE black..but oh well as long as it plays right? only..its broken worse than my original one is (it drops upstrums about half the time, whereas my original at least registers all strums, the spring is just borked so the strummer doesn't go back to the center after an upstrum)..FUCK. And i still need to RMA my drums at some point too...QUALITY CONTROL GUYS, QUALITY CONTROL!

/endrant

Wait, so if I have to RMA my SE strat I might get a sunburst model back? Awesome, I almost hope my strat breaks now.

Schide on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    As abusive as the drums are, I love it. It's addictive. Horribly, horribly addictive.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    so is this some crazy unanounced sale? I can't find anything official on it anywhere, but there's like a zillion blog posts about it

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's in TRU's weekly circular that came out this past sunday. They'll probably have them in the store if you go to check it out.

Schide on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah. I got the local Best Buy to match it, but they seemed hesitant, to say the least. TRU was empty here by 10AM the day of. But it was a good enough deal to swing me over the fence. If you can find it, it's a damn good deal to jump on, gift card or not.

Also, the song A Clean Shot is catchy as fuck.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Responding to fresh new thread for the blue dot.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lepwave wrote: »
    Responding to fresh new thread for the blue dot.

Same.

Digging the country pack, but I would have liked some Big and Rich.

When does texas Flood drop?

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Koba the DreadKoba the Dread Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    But I have just called up my friend and he has informed me that it is a Roland TD-6 drum kit. The TD-6 is the control module and the drums are apparently called V-Drums. And it does have MIDI out. Does that make a difference at all?

Yes -- it means you MUST take him up on his offer and experience the best Rock Band drumming experience that money can purchase. Oh man, I'm so jealous of you right now. I was just pricing-out that kit and others at various sites and slapping myself every thirty seconds..."Drumming in Rock Band is not worth thousands of dollars in money you don't have."

Koba the Dread on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

No one knows. :(

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I dislike the TBA. They know when it will drop, and keeping it secret seems counter productive.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I dislike the TBA. They know when it will drop, and keeping it secret seems counter productive.

I disagree.

I prefer learning of DLC less than a week before it comes out.

If I learn about it before then, I seem to either forget, or just simply lose interest in it.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    But then you can plan for it, and get the points ahead of time. Plus, less posts about when it's coming out.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    But then you can plan for it, and get the points ahead of time. Plus, less posts about when it's coming out.

I think that's part of it. They don't want people to hold off on the buying this week's DLC just because they see something better X weeks down the line and they won't have enough points for both. Sucks for the consumer, but good for Harmonix.

Their timeline probably isn't 100% set (as early announcements showed), though as they refine their process more and more it probably gets more and more solidified. They wouldn't want to announce something and then not deliver it on time.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    some people on another forum (not scorehero) are bitching that HMX 'hid' the Boddhitsatva BRE.

as seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d21R9BMU9sI

Besides the fact that
    a) it's mathematically impossible to strum that fast in any of the HMX music game engines
    b) While it may be true that some songs may originally have a normal ending and later gets replaced by a BRE, I would assume the real reason the notes are there are for band animations. If there isn't any notes they would just suddenly stand around doing nothing once you hit the BRE.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Also, I just found a reliable graphics buffer 'glitch' in RB2:

not all the steps are required but it's easier to see it if you follow them.

1) start a setlist of 2 songs
    2) as you are looking at the stars after the end, hit the guide button.
    3) leave the guide button up. Once the game hits the next song it'll pause.
    4) just leave it on the guide. Eventually your controller will turn itself off, and the guide will disappear.
    5) 360 asplode!

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I really need to play Rock Band. I bought the No Doubt album and haven't even played it yet..

Damn you Animal Crossing!!

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Not a blue dot at all.

I wish I had the cash on hand to take on that TRU deal.

I also hope Texas Flood is next week.

I also think I'll listen to Ten today. Again. And tomorrow.

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes, I wish I had the money for this deal. As I said in the dead thread, I want to get it for my mom's PS3, as I don't really feel like lugging my 360 and gear back and forth on a 45 minute drive to see her on weekends.

Oooh, shiny blue dot...

Fawst on
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Here's hoping tomorrow's DLC announcement is Texas Flood.

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Also, I just found a reliable graphics buffer 'glitch' in RB2:

not all the steps are required but it's easier to see it if you follow them.

1) start a setlist of 2 songs
    2) as you are looking at the stars after the end, hit the guide button.
    3) leave the guide button up. Once the game hits the next song it'll pause.
    4) just leave it on the guide. Eventually your controller will turn itself off, and the guide will disappear.
    5) 360 asplode!

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!

:oops:

Oh wait, it probably is.

Oh well... :P

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Not a blue dot at all.

I wish I had the cash on hand to take on that TRU deal.

I did. So I did last night.

I'm really gonna need to get used to using the Strat instead of the Les Paul now...

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Does anyone here have the portable drums and has used them for a while? What do you reckon?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    some people on another forum (not scorehero) are bitching that HMX 'hid' the Boddhitsatva BRE.

as seen here:

snip

Besides the fact that
    a) it's mathematically impossible to strum that fast in any of the HMX music game engines
    b) While it may be true that some songs may originally have a normal ending and later gets replaced by a BRE, I would assume the real reason the notes are there are for band animations. If there isn't any notes they would just suddenly stand around doing nothing once you hit the BRE.

...What
    Why would someone get mad about that
    That is the dumbest thing to be mad about

glithert on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I wouldn't get angry about it at all... however, it would be nice for there to be a game modifier that forced playing everything that was charted (or at least changed BREs and fills to actually show what's charted under them).

That's the sort of tricky design decision that I'd not want to weigh the pros and cons of, though.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh! I didn't even realize the characters were actually playing the song. I figured it was some kind of prerendered/preanimated thing, I didn't realize it was actually associated with the notes you were playing. That's cool, I'll have to pay more attention to the background next time I play. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sort of. I mean there's a big difference from playing a song and smashing your guitar during BREs.

EDIT: I absolutely love the performances on Rush songs and The Killers. Also during BYOB.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/12/18/harmonix-announces-new-rock-band-holiday-song-track-pack/
    Today, MTV Games and Harmonix are announcing through Multiplayer the December 23 release of the “Rock Band” “Rockin’ the Holidays 2008″ downloadable track pack, which includes three songs: “Hanukkah Blessings” by Barenaked Ladies, “Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You” by Billy Squier and The Pretenders’ version of “Blue Christmas.”

midgetspy on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is it free?

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I guess we won't know till they officially announce it on the rb.com forums. I'd guess not or I'm sure they would have mentioned it.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh! I didn't even realize the characters were actually playing the song. I figured it was some kind of prerendered/preanimated thing, I didn't realize it was actually associated with the notes you were playing. That's cool, I'll have to pay more attention to the background next time I play. =)

I dunno if they guitarists are always playing it 100%, I see them doing weird stuff on songs I know how to play, but it might be because they're just playing it in a flashier way or something, I dunno.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So that pretty much means those two albums are gonna be out next year then. I mean there is Dec 30th...and they could just squeeze an album or two into one of these weeks. Bah whatever.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    So that pretty much means those two albums are gonna be out next year then. I mean there is Dec 30th...and they could just squeeze an album or two into one of these weeks. Bah whatever.

Well this wasn't the official DLC announcement, just a mention in an article about what Christmas DLC is coming for which games. It could well be supplemental to the regular DLC that we'll learn about tomorrow.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hmm, so we finally get some BNL, but it's a holiday song. Oh well, hopefully it will lead to more from them.

AngrySquirrel on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmm, so we finally get some BNL, but it's a holiday song. Oh well, hopefully it will lead to more from them.

I'm all over BNL in any form. But doesn't Hanukkah Blessings have a section where the lyrics are in Hebrew?

EDIT: Just checked, it has two sections in Hebrew.

area on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2008
    that's not the barenaked ladies holiday song I would have picked but HOLY CRAP

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh yeah don't get me wrong I'll pick it up and enjoy it. I'm just hoping for more, which I always do when any band I like gets a single song in the game. :P

AngrySquirrel on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It actually does seem like it'll be pretty fun on every instrument.

Barenaked Ladies - Hanukkah Blessings

well maybe not bass, at least not at first

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Official announcement:
    HMXSean wrote:
    Hey everybody,

Next week we will be dropping the Rockin' the Holidays 2008 pack for DLC. This pack will come out on Xbox 360 and PS3 on Tuesday, December 23rd. Come back Friday for more news on next week's DLC.

Barenaked Ladies - "Hanukkah Blessings"
    Billy Squier - “Christmas is the Time To Say I Love You”
    The Pretenders - “Blue Christmas”

Holiday tracks will be available for $.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) each or for $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points) for the 3-pack.

Note that he says "Come back Friday for more news on next week's DLC." I'd say that's a pretty strong indication that we're getting something else too.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Looks like I'm going to be picking up some points and finally picking up the Cars album also.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Boo at seasonal song selection.

Just not my cup of tea.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
This discussion has been closed.