As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BarbieGirls.com: PA Group! (or use the other Rock Band thread)

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah well, they just need to throw in some Scream DLC and some Late! DLC (or the Foo version of "Marigold") and you pretty much have Grohl Band right there.

Well, total Grohl appearances? Let's see:

Rock Band 1
    In Bloom
    Learn to Fly
    Go With the Flow

Rock Band 2
    Everlong
    Master Exploder
    Drain You

DLC
    12 tracks from The Colour and the Shape
    6 tracks from Nevermind aka Nirvana 01 pack
    The Collector (minor credits for drums according to Reznor)

25 tracks with Grohl in some form

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    hell yeah foo fighters pack

never was much of a fan of DOA though (or any of the In Your Honour album for that matter)

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh yeah, and he did drums for some of the NIN tracks.

Feel free and correct me. I've already looked through this page.

Arikado on
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    They should stick some Probot in there, just for more Grohl.

And just to throw in more Lemmy, they could use the track Shake Your Blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDyF2GBdU2U

Zaylenz on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No Way Back is an awesome song from In Your Honor that sadly they don't play a lot in their concerts. It's hard to complain about more Foos but I'd love if they'd do Generator eventually.

But really, how can I complain? Perfect Xmas present.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmm.

I think a combination of this thread and that Foo FIghters concert I watched has made me actively dislike Dave Grohl.

But if people like him and like these more Foo Fighters songs that's cool.

Schide on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Grohl drummed on several tracks for Nine Inch Nails' 2005 album With Teeth.

Which contains The Hand the Feeds.

Which makes so much freaking sense to me.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    How could you hate Dave Grohl? I mean, you can dislike his music all you want, but Dave Grohl himself is the nicest person ever.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Kor wrote: »

According to the credits on With Teeth, Grohl didn't do the drums for "The Hand That Feeds" and it seems that it might have been Reznor himself.

But he does get credits for "The Collector" which is available as DLC.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Heh, found this funny piece of trivia:

In regards to the Hand that Feeds:
    NIN was due to play this song at the 2005 MTV Movie Awards, but dropped out due to conflicts between Trent Reznor and MTV...
    Nine Inch Nails was eventually replaced by Foo Fighters at the ceremony on June 9.

Kor on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Nice thread title :)

I aprove.

EDIT: Obligatory diss on GH:WT. LOL Nickelback DLC?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I love DOA.

The video has always bugged me though, because I can't figure out how it's made, short of stapling the entire band to the floor. I understand how the start of the Fresh Prince intro was made (rotating the camera and the background at the same speed), but I can't figure out how to get the effect in the video where gravity acts in a couple of different directions.

area on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

I aprove.

Are they really doing Nickelback DLC? It's just one song, right?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Even with all the Grohl love shown by Harmonix so far, I think we've still barely scratched the surface of the awesome. First it Giveth, Song for the Dead, No One Knows, I'll Stick Around, Generator, Stacked Actors, Live-in Skin - all songs that would be kick-ass in Rock Band. And I could keep going. :P

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    They should stick some Probot in there, just for more Grohl.

And just to throw in more Lemmy, they could use the track Shake Your Blood.

That or I am the Warlock for some more Jack Black and Grohl :winky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Ewd_fpETI

probot is the awesomest!!

toolbert on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I finally got around to getting the RB2 drums to replace my crappy RB1 kit (yay TRU sale!) and decided to pick up the cymbal pack to go with them. I got a two-cymbal pack, because that was the only type of pack I could find.

One of the cymbals flat-out doesn't work, and both of them slowly slide down the drum legs that they're affixed to as they get hit until they fall off entirely. They're the shoddiest peripherals I've bought since... well, since the last time I bought something made by Mad Catz. Perhaps I should have known better.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    So I finally got around to getting the RB2 drums to replace my crappy RB1 kit (yay TRU sale!) and decided to pick up the cymbal pack to go with them. I got a two-cymbal pack, because that was the only type of pack I could find.

One of the cymbals flat-out doesn't work, and both of them slowly slide down the drum legs that they're affixed to as they get hit until they fall off entirely. They're the shoddiest peripherals I've bought since... well, since the last time I bought something made by Mad Catz. Perhaps I should have known better.

1) How does it not work? Is it not registering hits? Is it double hitting? You have to play with the tightening screw to find its "sweet spot". Also, the closer you hit to the screw the more likely it is to fault.

2) Grab some scotch tape, and wrap it around the bottom of the cymbal post. Scotch tape acts as a much better resistor to rubber than aluminum does.

Kor on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    More Foo Fighters? AND they're putting DOA and Times Like These into the game?

This makes me really disappointed that I spent all my remaining points just last night...

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I aprove.

Yes it's only one song. It's just a childish tease, but really talk about lousy timing tho.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I aprove.

Yes it's only one song. It's just a childish tease, but really talk about lousy timing tho.

Didn't Nickleback throw a fit about plastic instruments being dumb, and people should be "real rock stars like them" or something like a month ago?

Kor on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

I aprove.

Didn't Nickleback throw a fit about plastic instruments being dumb, and people should be "real rock stars like them" or something like a month ago?

Of course not. Don't be silly.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Of course, real rock stars get booed and stoned by the Portuguese.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I aprove.

Ohhh! So basically, he was upset because he couldn't find someone to be his headliner.

Kor on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Woot! More Dave Grohl awesomeness.
    I'm also glad they didn't pick songs from the newest Foo album; I just don't like it as much for some reason.

Now we just need some more tracks from One By One.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    BARENAKED LADIES!

BARE FUCKING NAKED LADIES!

MY WORLD IS ALIVE

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I'm pretty sure THTF is a drum machine, cause I remember a quote somewhere about Reznor being amazed that somebody could actually play it when they did it live or something like that.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    They play "The Hand That Feeds" live with their drummer playing and the music video has their drummer playing it.

I think you're thinking about Reznor's comments about "The Perfect Drug" in Rock Band.

Arikado on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You know what, I met Dave Grohl once. He was on holiday at the same place as us in Mexico. We sent some drinks to his table, he sent us desserts and came over to say hi. Really nice guy. I've since bought the entire Foo Fighters catalog off iTunes and I'll probably buy all this DLC too, less on the strength of the music but more because he's awesome.

So everybody, give Dave Grohl your money because he's so great.

zilo on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    zilo wrote: »

So everybody, give Dave Grohl your money so he can buy me more desserts.

FIXED it for you.

(seriously though, awesome story. i envy you!)

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We thought about escalating and paying for his dinner in the hopes that he'd buy us all new cars or something but figured it was best to leave him to enjoy his meal :)

zilo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Which probably would've been hilarious to the restaurant because his meal was already comped.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I aprove.

Didn't seem like him throwing a fit, seemed more like "Hey kids, form rock bands. We need more rock bands in the world."

Which I can't say I disagree with in any way.

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    He also said that he thinks they've succeeded in "putting together a solid rock-and-roll package". I'm not sure what that means, but since it involves Nickelback succeeding its obviously wrong.

glithert on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Do you remember that article about the woman from Sleater-Kinney playing the game and coming to the conclusion that it was still better to play the real thing in front of actual audiences? Do you see anybody talking about maybe trying to become a real pilot? A real soldier? A real athlete? Or a real criminal? (GTA! WHOOO!)

Not everybody has the time or inclination to actually do those things. Why should I be condescended to because some asshole rockstar implies the real thing is easy to accomplish?

Fuck them. I'm too busy having fun.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A second (third? forth?) the opinion that Probot deserves some love.

What I really want is Low though. Is that available yet? And if not, why not?

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    More Foos is a VERY good thing. :D

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

1) How does it not work? Is it not registering hits? Is it double hitting? You have to play with the tightening screw to find its "sweet spot". Also, the closer you hit to the screw the more likely it is to fault.

2) Grab some scotch tape, and wrap it around the bottom of the cymbal post. Scotch tape acts as a much better resistor to rubber than aluminum does.

It does not register any hits. At all. No matter how much I adjust it. The other cymbal is attached the same way and works perfectly. It's broken.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    They play "The Hand That Feeds" live with their drummer playing and the music video has their drummer playing it.

I think you're thinking about Reznor's comments about "The Perfect Drug" in Rock Band.

Yeah that's what I was thinking of... whoops.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I need to start watching videos before downloading songs. Apparently "Wonderwall" didn't teach me that just because I like a song, it doesn't mean that I will like playing it.

"Mr. Brightside" is just agony for my hands, and "Dune Buggy" is a bit boring.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

It does not register any hits. At all. No matter how much I adjust it. The other cymbal is attached the same way and works perfectly. It's broken.

Couldn't you try plugging that one cymbal into one of the other jacks to see if it isn't the jack itself?

Shady3011 on
This discussion has been closed.