As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

spoolsv.exe woes

Conroy BumpasConroy Bumpas Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
hi

im running 2kpro on a crappy work compy

and everytime i do anything in any program that is anything slightly to do with printing spoolsv.exe hit 100% cpu usage. and it crashes the program. thakes ages to stop.

the printer is not evan conected to that pc. ther is a small network and its a usb printer on a pc in a diffrent room.

i have googled it and all i can find is stuff about microsoft image wrighter getting clogged up. i can't find microsoft image wrighter.

tryed spooling on on the priter options

tryed admin tools and stoping it.

all the other pcs are fine.

please help

thanks

Please note I cannot be held responsible for any mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, karma, dharma, metaphysical, religious, philosophical, Logical , Ethical, Aesthetical, or financial damage caused by this post
Conroy Bumpas on

• Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    This seemed to crop up at my last job after a certain Windows update hit (on XP Pro). It seemed restarting the print spooler service was the only way to fix it and worked 99% of the time. Go into services (start->run..."services.msc") and find it in there and make it restart.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Try switching print drivers if you can.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?