As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wasteland Dancin'

• Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    OK so I tried to do Rescue From Paradise
    When you're supposed to distract Forty I decided to pick his pocket for the Box key, and long story short I'm the only living person in Paradise Falls now except for the slaves.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The only acceptable thread is TUNNEL SNAKES RULE

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hey so I found the republic of dave!

bastard wouldn't let me have citizenship

there is no more republic of dave

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    hai yuo gai's like fallout????

fuck, ahahahahahah

yeah this was my favourite

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hey so are there any particular skills I should concentrate on or perks to make sure I pick up
    comprehension is a favorite, there are a billion skillbooks in the game.

pick either science or lockpicking, they are almost always interchangable.

personally I only picked one weapon skill to focus on, though opinions on this may vary.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    hey so are there any particular skills I should concentrate on or perks to make sure I pick up

despite what people say (Bogey) you can probably safely pick anything you want. some are just more situational than others but they're all explained pretty well.

i would say repair, myself. and maybe some speech.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2009

it really genuinely depends on how you want to play

if its your first time and you want to barrel through the story, tag Small Guns, Energy Weapons, and either Medicine or Repair

I can't work out how to use repair. Do I need a bench or parts or something?

Tube on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

if its your first time and you want to barrel through the story, tag Small Guns, Energy Weapons, and either Medicine or Repair

if you are on a PC, Cross-Repair mod (in the OP) helps out (similar things can be combined into one item). Otherwise, you need multiples or Scrap Metal.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    you pick which gun you want to repair, and press the repair button. this is in the inventory.

then it'll highlight what other guns you can use to repair the original gun.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Make sure once you get named weapons though that you don't actually use them as spare parts

Did that a few times on accident and it sucked

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

If you have two of the same type of weapon (10 mm pistols for example) or armor, you can combine them to increase the condition of the item.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think you can sub in another utility like Repair for small guns, as you can get energy pistols really early on in the game. Repair is incredible.

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Make sure once you get named weapons though that you don't actually use them as spare parts

Did that a few times on accident and it sucked
    The Blackhawk is probably the easiest named weapon to get, just do the quest Agatha's Song.

The Wazer Wifle in Lamplight Caverns is also a bargain, and laser rifle ammo is easier to find than magnum ammo.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, energy weapons are ridiculously common after about 15 minutes of the game

t Ness: what about the Smuggler's End laser pistol

that's easy to get too!
    Also the named brass knuckles (yeah I don't know the name and I am also to lazy toi use the wiki), they only involve killing a guy in Arligton Cemetary.

He also has a bounty on his head for a few caps, too.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I have the named Laser Pistol from the Machinist or whatever

It's not bad

I always preferred hunting rifles or either of the ARs to energy weapons though, and I put most of my points in Small Guns

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    make sure you get comprehension, tube

makes skill books count double, seems silly at first but there are tons of them in the game

also get the medical bobblehead in vault 101 as you only have 2 chances to get it and it's easier to do it the first time

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i always preferred more traditional guns

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    energy weapons are fun later when you have the caps and the ammo to keep them running

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Skull Man wrote: »
    make sure you get comprehension, tube

makes skill books count double, seems silly at first but there are tons of them in the game

also get the medical bobblehead in vault 101 as you only have 2 chances to get it and it's easier to do it the first time
    as soon as you say bye to your dad to take the G.O.A.T, it may be the first thing you pick up.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Three chances, technically

edit: Well shit

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    also i don't think i've ever found more than 5 skills books

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ness445 wrote: »
    Yeah, energy weapons are ridiculously common after about 15 minutes of the game

t Ness: what about the Smuggler's End laser pistol

that's easy to get too!
    Also the named brass knuckles (yeah I don't know the name and I am also to lazy toi use the wiki), they only involve killing a guy in Arligton Cemetary.

He also has a bounty on his head for a few caps, too.

Uhhh Plunkett's Valid Points I think

I picked them up last night

Me Too! on
  • Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is there a named Plasma Rifle?

I love melting dudes into green goo but I could always do it even better

You betcha! You can get A3-21's Plasma Rifle in Rivet City during the Replicated Man quest if:
    You figure out that Harkness is the android and convince him of that fact. He'll take on both personalities, decide to stay human, and give you the rifle as a reward.

You can also do all this plus convince him to let you kill Zimmer and Armitage. The cheap bastard move is to then talk to Zimmer, get Wired Reflexes as a reward for giving him the identity of the android and then kill him and his android bodyguard bastard for an overall unchanged karma (+200 from Harkness, -200 from Zimmer) and both rewards.

Drijen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    hey where the heck is Biwwy

Never mind

Me Too! on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    someone should put together a bigger list of mods

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Drijen wrote: »

You betcha! You can get A3-21's Plasma Rifle in Rivet City during the Replicated Man quest if:
    You figure out that Harkness is the android and convince him of that fact. He'll take on both personalities, decide to stay human, and give you the rifle as a reward.

You can also do all this plus convince him to let you kill Zimmer and Armitage. The cheap bastard move is to then talk to Zimmer, get Wired Reflexes as a reward for giving him the identity of the android and then kill them both for an overall unchanged karma (+200 from Harkness, -200 from Zimmer) and both rewards.
    I hated finding this out after I decided to just help the Railroad. All in all, just a positive karma boost? Eat my dick.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I've found and used at least a hundred at this point, not to mention the ones I keep that work on skills I've already maxed out

I look really closely for them, though

they're super-easy to miss

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

You can also do all this plus convince him to let you kill Zimmer and Armitage. The cheap bastard move is to then talk to Zimmer, get Wired Reflexes as a reward for giving him the identity of the android and then kill them both for an overall unchanged karma (+200 from Harkness, -200 from Zimmer) and both rewards.
    I hated finding this out after I decided to just help the Railroad. All in all, just a positive karma boost? Eat my dick.

jesus yeah me too

I want to find that loopy broad and boil her brains with a laser shot

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I barely used skill books

I might go hunting for them later but ehhhh

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Skull Man wrote: »

jesus yeah me too

I want to find that loopy broad and boil her brains with a laser shot
    I was hoping for vengeance on a larger scale, like sinking Rivet City and then selling out Hannibal and his friends. Speaking of large-scale vengeance, do the launch codes at Fort, uh, Bannister I think, do anything?

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Yeah, I did that my first time through as well. Pretty disappointed that option wasn't fleshed out more.
    Between the Railroad and
    finding android parts on Zimmer
    the Commonwealth is pretty much begging for some DLC love or at least a solid mod to explore in.

Drijen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Yeah, I did that my first time through as well. Pretty disappointed that option wasn't fleshed out more.
    Between the Railroad and
    finding android parts on Zimmer
    the Commonwealth is pretty much begging for some DLC love or at least a solid mod to explore in.
    Am I right in guessing they are the remnants of MIT? I don't know if anything in the other games hinted towards this (or even mentioned them, I doubt it was of much concern), or in this game.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    There are hundreds of them scattered everywhere.

I could have easily maxed out all of my skills because of Comprehension.

Anyway, somebody needs to make a new thread now. :)

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2009
    Bogey Fallout is fucking sweet

Tube on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009