As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Holiday gift of Wii Points

Merkwurdigliebe Ph.DMerkwurdigliebe Ph.D Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
This probably breaks some laziness record but I'm kind of in a time crunch so I figured I'd ask.

My brother has a wii but never really plays it. I'm sure he's never gone online and seriously doubt it is hooked up to his broadband. I just noticed that Phantasy Star IV is coming out for wii ware and he's a big fan so here is the question:

If I buy him the wii points to purchase it, what will he have to do to register or whatever? Can he redeem points and download anonymously or will he have to register in some fashion? If he has to register somehow, was it mandatory on booting the wii the first time or is it possible he's never done it? If he has to do it, does Nintendo require any credit card information at the get go or is it only if he were to buy points online?

I would like to get him the points, it seems like a nice cheap gift option, but I don't want the process to turn into a chore for him (especially since if it does he might never do it).

Merkwurdigliebe Ph.D on

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Keep in mind it's been a while, but I don't think any registration is required (other than assignment of friend code which is automatic) unless you want to link your Virtual Console / WiiWare purchases to your Club Nintendo account. You definitely don't need to put in credit card information if you're not buying points online.

If you have a Wii as well, once he's online and you exchange friend codes, you can buy VC and WiiWare games to give as gifts as an alternative to sending him a points card.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Merkwurdigliebe Ph.DMerkwurdigliebe Ph.D Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Solid.

Thanks for the info

Merkwurdigliebe Ph.D on