As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AC:City Folk - Serena is a dirty dirty whore

• Options
    thisonekidmongothisonekidmongo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    (Sort of) on that note, around when do the leaves turn autumny colors, if ever?

thisonekidmongo on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    So, I hear the newest DLC is... a pile of dead leaves?

It's neater than it sounds. You can walk over (through) it and it makes a rustling noise. I bought like four more (it's really cheap) and made a little leaf-covered path. HRA liked it.

That's not so bad, I guess. Still, it makes me wish you could place such items outside.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    (Sort of) on that note, around when do the leaves turn autumny colors, if ever?

Should be soonish. Maybe mid-October?

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yellow grass! That makes a pleasing crunchy noise when walked upon! Not that I encourage walking upon grass.

Welp, last-minute Scorpion hunt: unsuccessful. Oh well. It's almost a relief to not be able to fill out the museum, since now I don't have to bother with the Petaltail. I got much closer to completing the museum than I ever thought I would, anyway.

thisonekidmongo on
  • Options
    AggrilAggril Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I got that letter from Jack, indicating that it is time to start hoarding candy for his appearance. Exactly how many pieces is it that he's wanting for his sweet furniture set? I ask because I've still got 15-20 pieces of assorted colors left over from Pave's annoying collect-the-candy thing. And I really hope he doesn't care about the colors too.

Oddly, Nookington's apparently only sells a single piece of candy a day. I thought the larger Nook stores would be selling more candy pieces, which is why I had him stay on Nookingtons.

And Miranda is about to leave my town. I'm very happy to see her go, because her house was plopped down right in the middle of the only reasonable path between my town hall and the ramp up the cliff, and it was annoying as hell to get around that dang house. Plus my pathways looked all weird around it no matter what I tried to do.

Aggril on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Aggril wrote: »
    And Miranda is about to leave my town. I'm very happy to see her go, because her house was plopped down right in the middle of the only reasonable path between my town hall and the ramp up the cliff, and it was annoying as hell to get around that dang house. Plus my pathways looked all weird around it no matter what I tried to do.
    I had a neighbor like that that I was excited to see leave for the same reason...only to have her replacement plop her house down in the exact same spot.

Also, a couple days ago I popped into the Reset Surveillance Center in the city and found both Resetti brothers there. It was pretty awesome, Mr. Resetti had to leave in the middle of his rant due to a reset emergency. The doors behind his chair opened, revealing a train track, and his chair rocketed back through the doors on a blazing trail of fire. That was a very un-AC-like pyrotechnic display, and quite cool to see.

thisonekidmongo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Welp, last-minute Scorpion hunt: unsuccessful. Oh well. It's almost a relief to not be able to fill out the museum, since now I don't have to bother with the Petaltail. I got much closer to completing the museum than I ever thought I would, anyway.

I'm probably going to catch the Petaltail anyway, although it will drive me up the damned wall to look at the collection page and see that tiny bit of yellow at the end of the otherwise blue line.

aggril wrote:
    So I got that letter from Jack, indicating that it is time to start hoarding candy for his appearance. Exactly how many pieces is it that he's wanting for his sweet furniture set? I ask because I've still got 15-20 pieces of assorted colors left over from Pave's annoying collect-the-candy thing. And I really hope he doesn't care about the colors too.

Jack should only want 12 pieces total (ten pieces of furniture plus the wall and carpet), but there's more to it than that, if the GCN Halloween is anything to go by (DS neglected holidays). Carry extra.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    As long as Jack's easier to get shit from than that gaudy/greedy motherfucker Pave, I will be pleased.

thisonekidmongo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dad-blast it, I just found out on the Nintendo Channel earlier that there was a pic-a-nic basket you could get on Labor Day.

Will time travel help me here?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, to double-post, but I thought it would be worth it to mention Nintendogs!

I hope they actually move around, maybe bark a little, though I feel I'm hoping for way too much.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dad-blast it, I just found out on the Nintendo Channel earlier that there was a pic-a-nic basket you could get on Labor Day.

Will time travel help me here?

If you don't mind fucking up your town, sure.

The "picnic basket" isn't really all that much anyway. It's not the Yogi Bear style, it's more of a Japanese bento box.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Too late, I did it yesterday. When I set the time straight again, my hair was a mess. Ack.

Anything else I should be aware of?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Too late, I did it yesterday. When I set the time straight again, my hair was a mess. Ack.

Anything else I should be aware of?

We used to get something on Columbus Day ("Explorer's Day"), usually a compass. Be on the lookout next Monday.

EDIT: Or did you mean because of the TT? If you have an extensive garden like I do it should be well and truly fucked, and you might have lost a neighbor or two. Other than that probably nothing noticeable.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The TT, yeah. And no, no extensive garden... just hope I didn't lose any good neighbors...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy shit, I think I'm on a streak. FINALLY got a gold axe this week, plus I finally caught that freaking violin beetle.

I can't wait for snowfall now, its so hard to find the fossil spots with the ground this color.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Not that the snow will help when the diggy spots are on dirt, but it is easier yeah.

I still haven't caught a Petaltail, but I haven't exactly been trying either (no Scorpion, no point). Still, I've only ever seen one, for about five seconds before it bolted out over the ocean...

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Peaches, a pink horse with X's for eyes, just moved in. What the hell is that creepy shit. I was happy when creepy-smile Tabby moved out, but it turns out I traded up to an even weirder model.

thisonekidmongo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Geebus...and I thought Lucky, the freaky mummy-dog with one glowing eye, was weird.

Staxeon on
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    New download item: a "Vote for Tortimer" poster.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    For weird villagers it's hard to beat the gyroid faced bunny.

I assume that in my long absence from the game all these download items will have been and gone rather than me returning (if I return) to a mailbox full of wonders?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    For weird villagers it's hard to beat the gyroid faced bunny.

I assume that in my long absence from the game all these download items will have been and gone rather than me returning (if I return) to a mailbox full of wonders?

Since they don't use the mailbox and are delivered by hand by Pete, I'd guess you're out of luck.

Vangu Vegro on
    In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Lucky does not sound very lucky. Is it too much to ask to get a cool villager for once? Maybe one of the eagles, or the anteater, or a dog?

The Vote for Tortimer poster is fantastic. But yeah, I think you just have a window of a few days (maybe a week) to get DLC stuff.

thisonekidmongo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    New download item: a "Vote for Tortimer" poster.

I didn't even know we had the option. I want to vote for Jack as my town's mayor. Can I write him in?

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    AggrilAggril Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm voting for Tortimer! He's the only choice, after all...

And also Jack held out on me, so I get to decide if I want to bother trying to find a Spooky Wall, Carpet, and Vanity. But on the upside, I've got half a dozen Spooky Dressers plus a spare Table, Chair, and Bookcase if anyone else missed those.

Seriously, who needs six dressers.

Aggril on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I myself spent way too many hours of way too much effort on getting a complete set of the Ugliest Furniture in the Game from Jack. I'm unsure whether this or the Snowman room makes it look more like a serial killer lives there.

I got eight pieces in short order with no repeats, leading me to think Jack graciously didn't hand out repeats. But that was before the great Spooky Sofa/Dresser/Bookcase Surplus of Halloween '09 kicked in. I only ended up with one each of the wall, carpet and lamp. I suppose making me think he wouldn't be a repeat-gifting dick was the greatest trick Jack ever pulled.

On a side note, I really enjoy the ragged/patchy shift one of the villagers magically transformed my shirt into when I refused to cough up my candy for him. Decided to turn it into a hobo look.

Also, I was surprised that this week's HRA model room was...nothing. It was a generic, bare, tiny room, because no one's room in town (or my friend's town) met the requirements. I wasn't aware that could happen.

thisonekidmongo on
  • Options
    TigressTigress Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I myself spent way too many hours of way too much effort on getting a complete set of the Ugliest Furniture in the Game from Jack. I'm unsure whether this or the Snowman room makes it look more like a serial killer lives there.

Nah, the Easter set make you most look like a serial killer. I can't stop my skin from crawling whenever I watch Vyolynce playing and he goes into his room with all the Easter furniture.

Tigress on
    Kat's Play
    On the subject of death and daemons disappearing: arrows sure are effective in Lyra's universe. Seems like if you get shot once, you're dead - no lingering deaths with your daemon huddling pitifully in your arms, just *thunk* *argh* *whoosh*. A battlefield full of the dying would just be so much more depressing when you add in wailing gerbils and dogs.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Tigress wrote: »

Nah, the Easter set make you most look like a serial killer. I can't stop my skin from crawling whenever I watch Vyolynce playing and he goes into his room with all the Easter furniture.

It's the KK Sonata playing that really sells it, though.

Of course, my first floor is entirely Snowman...

Basement? Pirate Lab!

Yeah, my house is just a bit creepy.

Also, on the subject of Jack: Did anyone pick up a jack-o-lantern from someone? I got two jack-in-the-boxes in addition to my pumpkin mask and moldy shirt (plus whatever I got from Jack himself), but no lanterns.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nah, I'd say the Easter set is more pedophile than serial killer.

And dammit, I didn't even know you could get a jack-o-lantern.

thisonekidmongo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You might not be able to this time around; I haven't actually checked. But I got my Jack-in-the-box the other night, and I remember there being two of those items in the GCN version.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

No, the princess set from Gracie's looks more pedophilic. Guess what Vyolynce did to MY basement while I was DC on Valentine's weekend? :winky:

And I still haven't changed it, except to add more toys and "little girl" stuff.

Tigress on
    Kat's Play
    On the subject of death and daemons disappearing: arrows sure are effective in Lyra's universe. Seems like if you get shot once, you're dead - no lingering deaths with your daemon huddling pitifully in your arms, just *thunk* *argh* *whoosh*. A battlefield full of the dying would just be so much more depressing when you add in wailing gerbils and dogs.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Tigress wrote: »

No, the princess set from Gracie's looks more pedophilic. Guess what Vyolynce did to MY basement while I was DC on Valentine's weekend? :winky:

And I still haven't changed it, except to add more toys and "little girl" stuff.

To be fair, the Princess set's feel changes DRASTICALLY depending on the gender of its owner.

Just for fun, last night I gave Wendell a mushroom. I got a "memo" design; I have no idea what you would use this for, unless you edited it.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    To be fair, the Princess set's feel changes DRASTICALLY depending on the gender of its owner.

The set still kinda creeps me out.

Tigress on
    Kat's Play
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Tom's buying turnips for 519 in my town right now (post-noon price). We've got a Nookingtons so price is good to 9pm EST. Speak up if anyone is interested in stopping by.

Staxeon on
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Wow, that was random. If the thread (or the new one someone will probably have to make eventually) were more active I'd still be buying them.

These mushrooms are driving me mad. In 11 days of picking mushrooms, I've got one table, one chair, one lamp, three dressers and five stands.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Winter blues are setting in, and it's time to start playing AC more regularly. You guys still around? I'm missing a few fossils, and would like to buy/trade.

wusoldjr on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I've still got a large stash of fossils, mostly because I apparently like literally having (several) skeletons in my closet.

I check in briefly every day, although I've started letting my precious hybrid flowers die. Except my black cosmos, because I want to grow two or three more before I retire them. I have a character who is dedicated flower storage; it has a full storage page of each type except for the damned black cosmos, which have always taken me the longest to obtain.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I've still got a large stash of fossils, mostly because I apparently like literally having (several) skeletons in my closet.

I check in briefly every day, although I've started letting my precious hybrid flowers die. Except my black cosmos, because I want to grow two or three more before I retire them. I have a character who is dedicated flower storage; it has a full storage page of each type except for the damned black cosmos, which have always taken me the longest to obtain.

I just started re-planting my flowers to produce hybrids this weekend. I got a purple daisy to start things off. I hope I have a black tulip waiting for me when I get home.

wusoldjr on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What fossils are you missing? I'm not going to be home a lot this week (magic draft... magic draft... FNM... states... yeah, not until Sunday), but I can probably hook you up with them eventually.

I'm slowly building up quite the collection of duplicate paintings as well.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What fossils are you missing? I'm not going to be home a lot this week (magic draft... magic draft... FNM... states... yeah, not until Sunday), but I can probably hook you up with them eventually.

I'm slowly building up quite the collection of duplicate paintings as well.

I'm missing two skulls. Styracho Skull and the Pachycephalasur ( I know I butchered that) but that is all. I have to wait until June to finish off my fish and bugs.

Ahh the days of FNM, I kinda miss it. I bowed out of MTG with Lorwyn, but I still play MTGO pretty often.

wusoldjr on