As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Recruit] Greetings Starfighter! Eve Online and Merch Industrial Needs You.

• EntelechiaEntelechia Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Burgu wrote: »
    I played back when Merch was first getting into 0.0 space, right before joining up with the goons. don't know if anyone remembers me.
    I'm about to get a new video card and thought about starting up again...space hasn't looked better.

Hey, I remember you.
    vhzod wrote:
    hey wait merchi is now actually part of the swarm instead of an independent contractor? How long has it been like that?

And you too!

Go back to EVE. It looks like a fun game now. I would if I had a computer that could handle the new graphics and/or the money to play (I live on $60 a month now. The vow of poverty really screws up gaming :( )

Entelechia on
  • PagoonPagoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I drank my first beer and got my pubes in merch! Thank you Merch Industrial!

Salvadore Freddo

Pagoon on
  • JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Trekkie wrote: »
    Fuck you all, I hate you and everything about you people.

Edit: I haven't played in awhile. Tell me what I should be doing.

Join up, post that in our forum and we'll have some fun. Interesting smattering of training.

I'm actually part of the forum already, Zareph. I'm currently logged in, I think I just need permission to access the secure portions of the forum. I'm also making my way to Ishisomo to reapply. Should be ready soon.

And yeah, I waffled a lot. I had intentions of going for deep force recon, but I'm not sure how necessary that is nowadays. Also, mining has always been my primary method of earning, so I've got lots of stuff for that.

Frankly though, I'm willing to do nearly anything; the game got real boring before because of money, so I'd like to avoid that boredom this time.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Pagoon wrote: »
    I drank my first beer and got my pubes in merch! Thank you Merch Industrial!

Salvadore Freddo

That reminds me, next time I get a day or two off I'ma buy a six pack of beer and maybe a pint or two and fag around with some of y'all.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Every vet needs to resub.

Even wiggin, we need to feed the flesh reaper again.

Ethea on
  • runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No bullshit, the game really is massively improved now. In the last expansion CCP added some hardware and I/O code that really decreased lag. They also have an official system where you can request node reinforcement in advance of a big fight. The result is 600-man fleet fights with zero module lag. They also just added a patch that greatly improved framerate and gridload speed. There is some new buginess with guns when local get really really big, but for the most part the game finally delivers on the whole epic fleet fight thing.

They also added a feature where you can stack like modules so you can activate and reload them at once. It's removes a big PITA and also decreases the number of server queries.

Finally they implemented a speed nerf so that nanoships don't dominate small-gang warfare anymore.

runaway_pancake on
  • Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Entelechia wrote: »

Go back to EVE.

No u

Bryse Eayo on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Trekkie wrote: »
    Arrath wrote: »
    I'm hopefully still in Merch, haven't paid my December dues as my eve-capable computer bit it.

I guess I either need to fix it or cancel my EVE sub.

If you were in Merch Industrial post 4/1/08 then you're probably still in. once the newbie drive is complete, we'll do another census and purge everyone then.

Yeah I only joined up in june or july I believe. Was pretty active at first then less so as life came along. I paid up for and was somewhat active in November, and now that my EVE capable computer is dead I'm pretty sure my skill training is done! :x

Arrath on
  • JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TekDragon wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    The Goons are wonderful allies and we're lucky to have them.

Yeah, it's awesome running around with a pack of idiots whose primary claim to fame is their ability to use server instability to "win" battles by spamming hundreds of frigates into a battle.

Or maybe it's the never-ending flood of poop jokes from a near infinite member-list of virgins.

Right, and "fofofofo" causes lag, right? Too bad we goonies are so uncaring about the plight of empire pubbies, or we could have more friends.

258ny8l.jpg
    Ethea wrote: »
    Every vet needs to resub.

Even wiggin, we need to feed the flesh reaper again.

no wiggins

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have always avoided EVE, but this post has just shown me how incredible it can get.

Though I'm with the family for the Holidays, won't get back to my computer until around the 10th of Jan.

EDIT: All I really want is destroy "Shadow of xXDeathXx" I mean, how can EVE have an alliance (Or whatever that is) with such a stupid name.

Satsumomo on
  • vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'd totally resub if merchi would let me back in but I don't think its going to happen.

edit: also wtf is going on in the avatar of the person above me

vhzod on
  • Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    After the 15 minute trip to Ishisomo , I finally was able to put in an application.

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • priestwithknivespriestwithknives Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am drunk as hell and just wanted to say I love you all <3

priestwithknives on
  • HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Huh, I joined back into eve a while ago, had a good time with merchi but then real life intervened for the second time and I had to cancel my sub.
    Just wanted to say to anyone considering joining that merchi and goonfleet are full of awesome guys and if you haven't before, it's definitely worth giving eve a try.

I miss my hurricane :(

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • BaudinBaudin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am drunk as hell and just wanted to say I love you all <3

We love you too PWK

Baudin on
    "These people bring a lot of rigor to our cause, but alas, also mortis"
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I have always avoided EVE, but this post has just shown me how incredible it can get.

Though I'm with the family for the Holidays, won't get back to my computer until around the 10th of Jan.

EDIT: All I really want is destroy "Shadow of xXDeathXx" I mean, how can EVE have an alliance (Or whatever that is) with such a stupid name.

xdeathx are very cool Russian guys, and our allies.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's still a dumbass name though. :D

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • r0b geer0b gee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    seeheld is a faggot

r0b gee on
  • BaudinBaudin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Foomy wrote: »

Aren't they our on again off again russian allies?

Baudin on
    "These people bring a lot of rigor to our cause, but alas, also mortis"
  • JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Baudin wrote: »
    Foomy wrote: »

Aren't they our on again off again russian allies?

They're solid allies, but don't really play with us much because we live in the south and they live across the galaxy in the drone regions.

They did show up to camp a few AAA systems but I don't know if they intend to enter the war for real or just have a bit of fun.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Hey guys, it's been a year. Can I come back? Please? I promise not to screw up.

I'll think about it.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg
  • r0b geer0b gee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Burgu wrote: »
    I played back when Merch was first getting into 0.0 space, right before joining up with the goons. don't know if anyone remembers me.
    I'm about to get a new video card and thought about starting up again...space hasn't looked better.

come back duder

r0b gee on
  • LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lest any prospective newbies think that being a "tackler" in a fleet fight is lame, even I, a battleship-flying year-veteran, still fall back on the tackling gig from time to time. It is honestly some of the most fucking fun I have ever had in a game period.

A few weeks ago I logged into a fight in VNG that was half-way through and I had no battleships ready so I jumped in a Rifter. After listening on teamspeak for a while to get my bearings, I warped onto the fight and began getting tackles on the primaries. Eventually, our fleets had drifted so far apart that our battleships couldn't hit the enemy any more, and the FC gave the order for all tacklers to burn 100km ahead of the enemy fleet and get a new warp-in for our fleet. With the new lag-free environment I was actually able to do this and eagerly waited with my finger on the TS hotkey to shout that I've got the warpin, when a battleship finally got a bead on me and I blew up instantly, only 20km short of the mark. Somebody else made it, I docked and got another rifter, and did it all again.

Thanks to my free ship several people left that fight poorer a 100m isk battleship and I had a fucking good time with some fucking internet spaceships.

Especially in the aftermath of a fight, support ships arguably have the most fun job of warping to every potential target instantly and trying to tackle them.

LoneIgadzra on
  • CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    monooooooo

i know you're here

come back to eve man, i'll sell you a gtc

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've been playing pretty heavily for about 5 days, having been recruited by an old friend of mine for the corp he is in. Only problem is that this corp has about 20 members and very few ever seem to be online(including my buddy :/). I do like the alliance I am in, but they are not incredibly large and seem to have some organizational troubles.

Reading about you guys I am considering jumping ship for Merch. I have about 1.3mil skillpoints so far (I had a trial like 2 years ago I reactivated) and am training industrial and cruiser skillplans I found for EVEmon. Anyone I could talk to in game planning on getting on when the server comes back up?

fallaxdraco on
  • Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    vhzod wrote: »
    why the hell are they adding walking on stations? it looks completely useless. Is there that much of a demand for epeen extensions?

Because believe it or not, the fact that you can't actually 'walk-around' is a big turn off to a bunch of potential customers that would otherwise enjoy the game if they could have the ability do more entertaining things while in station. Rather than being permanently strapped to a ship and count the number station spins they can do.
    "Wanging Around" is going to be first gay bar.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Webb MordockWebb Mordock Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Throwing up a Brofist for MRCHI

Webb Mordock on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh fuck you guys. Now i want to play :(

Maybe when i upgrade my video card...

But I logged out last all the way in Hoseen.

Wait a minute, what happened to Pure?

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This is gay. I've been trying to get back into EVE for awhile now, but apparently a year or so ago (when I was overseas, for fuck's sake) my account was banned for selling isk or being related to it or something. No luck setting up petitions either. Gggrrrr losing like 9 months of training is not something I want to do.

Galielmus on
  • runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh fuck you guys. Now i want to play :(

Maybe when i upgrade my video card...

But I logged out last all the way in Hoseen.

Wait a minute, what happened to Pure?
    I think KIA killed them after we finished conquering Geminate with KIA.
    vhzod wrote: »
    I'd totally resub if merchi would let me back in but I don't think its going to happen.

edit: also wtf is going on in the avatar of the person above me
    Who are you again? You're not wiggin or andre so you may be fine.

runaway_pancake on
  • FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lest any prospective newbies think that being a "tackler" in a fleet fight is lame, even I, a battleship-flying year-veteran, still fall back on the tackling gig from time to time. It is honestly some of the most fucking fun I have ever had in a game period.

A few weeks ago I logged into a fight in VNG that was half-way through and I had no battleships ready so I jumped in a Rifter. After listening on teamspeak for a while to get my bearings, I warped onto the fight and began getting tackles on the primaries. Eventually, our fleets had drifted so far apart that our battleships couldn't hit the enemy any more, and the FC gave the order for all tacklers to burn 100km ahead of the enemy fleet and get a new warp-in for our fleet. With the new lag-free environment I was actually able to do this and eagerly waited with my finger on the TS hotkey to shout that I've got the warpin, when a battleship finally got a bead on me and I blew up instantly, only 20km short of the mark. Somebody else made it, I docked and got another rifter, and did it all again.

Thanks to my free ship several people left that fight poorer a 100m isk battleship and I had a fucking good time with some fucking internet spaceships.

Especially in the aftermath of a fight, support ships arguably have the most fun job of warping to every potential target instantly and trying to tackle them.

I don't play EVE anymore (I would love to start but can't afford it atm), but as a Minmatar pilot tackling was fucking badass. The Rifter is just a horrifyingly fast little thing. Good times... I'd love to play EVE at over 20FPS now that I got a new rig.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Faffel wrote: »

I don't play EVE anymore (I would love to start but can't afford it atm), but as a Minmatar pilot tackling was fucking badass. The Rifter is just a horrifyingly fast little thing. Good times... I'd love to play EVE at over 20FPS now that I got a new rig.

This is exactly how I got onto the killboard my first time. Some huge, huge expensive ships that I simply held in places for people with better shooty. It's tense, it's fun, and it's rewarding.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Midshipman wrote: »
    Hey guys, it's been a year. Can I come back? Please? I promise not to screw up.

I'll think about it.

Thank you.

EDIT:So can someone summarize the current state of 0.0 politics for me?

Mortal Sky on
  • Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    How long does it normally take to get access to the MerchI Forums? I got accepted in game yesterday, and then created an account on there, but I still only see the Public Announcements.

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Huh, I'll have to resub over the xmas break. I'm from way back when we living in Hoshoun and stayed in game until we took control E-Pros. I'm pretty sure I'm flat broke though, which sucks since I can fly just about any Amarr ship in the game.

Dark_Side on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well curses, now I'm tempted to re-sub and join up with you guys.
    :(

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    EVE online :D once i get back from my vacation i'll be joining up once more. For those of you still on the fence, Merchi is one of the best corporations in the game for helping newbies with the learning curve. Between the goonfleet wiki and personal mentors, and the endless help on the corp chat, the tools you're given really make the learning cliff back to a workable slope. When i joined up I got paired up with a mentor and he set me up with a plan for training skills, tips and advice on how to play and enjoy the game, and helped me out financially when i had trouble. Really great support for the game.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    EDIT:So can someone summarize the current state of 0.0 politics for me?

We(GoonSwarm) told some Russion Ebaying corps to fuck off and stop running plexes in our regions, they then ran around trying to play on "russian nationalistic pride" to get all the russian corps to attack us. AAA joined their side and is now friendly with BoB and trying to take our space.First they tried to take VNG, it didn't go well.Then they succeeded in taking C9N do to some bad timing on our towers. They then tried to take another system (O-W?) but we kicked them in the balls and took out 39 dreads and 10 carriers by ourselves and they haven't accomplished anything since. Oh and we ninja'd two station systems from AAA's home space that they were holding with only 1 tower in each system.

Oh and the Ebay part of that russian faction tried to drop a tower in E-Pr0s (merchi's station system) and instead go probed out, blown up and lost their tower before it even onlined.

Basically if it hadn't been for the bad tower timing they would have nothing to show for this war.

smokmnky on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I thought that those corps were just all bought and payed for by some rich as fuck russian sugar daddy to declare these wars?

Dark_Side on
  • LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    I thought that those corps were just all bought and payed for by some rich as fuck russian sugar daddy to declare these wars?

That's a popular rumor, which is plausible only because none of the involved parties seem to be denying it. It's pretty clear that Evil Thug, at least, has been paid off.

LoneIgadzra on
This discussion has been closed.