As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Downloads not showing up

BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I am trying to download a game to my desktop and after it completes it does not appear and I cannot find it. I am running vista and wondering what could I have possibly bugged here.

I can save pictures just fine though.

I checked if it was in a shared desktop and couldnt find it. And I only have one user on my computer.

Bedlam on

• Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What browser are you using? If you're on Firefox, open the download manager, right click the game, and select "open containing folder".

wasted pixels on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Using IE.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ok I tried putting it in a file instead and it still didnt work.

I even unchecked the "close dialog box when download completes" box and it still closes.

Something is very fishy here.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Try downloading it again and see if your overall HDD space changes. Take a before and after look.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ok my antivirus is not starting and Im begining to freak out a little. Can someone please remind me how to do a system restore point quick a minute?

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Try downloading it again and see if your overall HDD space changes. Take a before and after look.
    Yeah the used space is going up.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ok I did a system restore point from a few days back and everything is working fine. Had to redownload but it showed up this time and AVG antivirus is back on.

Now, the question is what did I uninstall that fucked my computer in this way? Becuase thats the only thing Ive done other than updateing.

Bedlam on