As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You've been kicked to the curb, Merry Christmas!

2»

• X3x3nonX3x3non Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The emotions you are feeling right now are valid emotions. It is difficult for me to ask someone to be rational in such a deeply personal matter in which you have been deeply, emotionally wounded. His behaviour is first of all not becoming of someone you spent so much time with and second of all unprofessional. It is ok to be angry, how could you not be? How could I tell you not be to mad when I know I would be seething with rage if I was in your situation. It doesn't help and it doesn't solve things, but time will eventually wash it away.

X3x3non on
  • TopweaselTopweasel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanks guys for your responses.. I know I keep saying it, but I really truly do appreciate it.

I would love to just go over and get my stuff, unfortunately I'm living 2,000 miles away from "Home" right now. He tends to do things on his own time not when other people need/want things done... again, he's a very selfish/self centered person.

The reason I didn't take every last piece of my furniture and possessions when I moved was that I didn't have the money for a rental truck/moving service. I packed my Grand Am with everything I could, and headed out. I figured my "Home" would always be there and I could send for it eventually (or my parents would make a trip out here to visit and put it on their pick-up truck for me). Silly me!

I hope he just gets all this tax junk done and makes it easy for me to get the car in my name and get my stuff away from his house. Man... ugh... Thank you guys, thank you so so much, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for listening to me and offering your kind words and advice.

Again this sounds a lot with my dad. While he should probably get out of your mothers life ASAP. If this guy is your father (I know he's not Bio) don't give up on him yet if you really loved him. Talk to him tell him how you feel. Tell him You are willing to deal with him once he figures his shit out and stop being so self centered.

Last thing you guys want to do is get so far apart that when he see's the error of his ways you hate him so much that all of your past history is ignored. He may make amends he might not. But that last thing you want is in a couple years finding yourself raising kids and wondering how your ex-stepfather is doing such. Just also don't put up with his crap and put the onus on all effort on him.

Topweasel on