As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How do I turn off Amazon digital order 1-click?

Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Oh man I clicked a button and all of a sudden I bought a an MP3 cd.

I was clicking around and thought I was going to put something into a cart of some sort when all of a sudden it comes and tells me "Thank you for your order" and wants me to download some stuff I don't want.

I am going to see if they can get rid of this for me since I won't be downloading it (don't want it, no interest) but how can I turn off this silly one click to buy MP3s on Amazon? My 1-click settings in my profile is set to OFF so why is it going this for MP3s?

Any ideas? I don't want to be clicking things and spending money like this.

Clipboard03.jpg
I KISS YOU!
Lord Jezo on

• finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I believe 1-click is permanently turned on for MP3s (maybe to take advantage of what just happened to you?)

finalflight89 on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hate when that happens. The same happened to me as well, I was pissed.

The solution is to go here and delete all credit card information stored for your account.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/cards/view.html

Then they will have no card to charge on, and therefore can't bill you. it's a bit of a pain (since now you have to enter your card info whenever you place an order), but it prevents this nonsense.

EDIT: Note that, due to Amazon's OneClick nonsense, when you make a purchase you may need to go back to the link above and delete your card information again. Every time. Make sure to do it, or they'll silently store it and this automatic purchasing will be back again.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hate when that happens. The same happened to me as well, I was pissed.

The solution is to go here and delete all credit card information stored for your account.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/cards/view.html

Then they will have no card to charge on, and therefore can't bill you. it's a bit of a pain (since now you have to enter your card info whenever you place an order), but it prevents this nonsense.

EDIT: Note that, due to Amazon's OneClick nonsense, when you make a purchase you may need to go back to the link above and delete your card information again. Every time. Make sure to do it, or they'll silently store it and this automatic purchasing will be back again.

I guess if that's the only way then that's what I will do.

Pretty poopy of them to do that, but I did get a refund after calling India so it didn't end up to terribly.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aye, I definitely don't like their one click ordering... I can see how it's convenient, but it's also dangerous for just that reason. (at which point it becomes extremely inconvenient =) )

Glad you got your money back though!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095