Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

I want to play DnD 4thED locally in Chicago. Help me.

RiusRius Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Critical Failures
Can't seem to find resources to accomplish this goal... I spent a couple hundred bucks buying 4th ED stuff and ran a game amongst my friends for a few months. They lost interest, partially because of the time investment, partially because I am at best an average DM. I've DM'd once before (in high school, with 2nd edition) and I'd really like to try being a PC for once.

That said, I think I'd like to play a local game, with actual people, rather than a net-based game. Unfortunately, it seems like the easiest way to find people to play with isn't easy at all; there needs to be a Craigslist or something for tabletop gamers. I would hate to have to resort to driving around to the few remaining gaming stores in the area looking for a group.

So, do any of you live in Chicago and/or have an idea as to how I can find a game?

Rius on

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I live in Chicago but have no idea how to find a game :) The crowd I'm around isn't really into gaming much.

Egos on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Put a note on the bulletin board at your FLGS. They almost all have one; hell, they may even have a note posted already asking for players.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23