As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I hate computers

jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACEScenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
In October, while I was at home from school on break, my younger brother's computer's power supply exploded in a lightshow at a LAN party, and after replacing the power supply it no longer posted so I figured it took the motherboard with it. Today, I finally got around to replacing the motherboard, but it still doesn't post. What else did the power supply take down with it? I don't have another computer that is recent enough for me to swap parts into to test their working ability here, so I sort of need to operate on guesses here.

so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
jpeg on

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmm... did you get a new processor with that new motherboard? If not... that could be it.

Also, if the motherboard has a built-in video card, try booting with that before plugging in your prior video card. See if it posts then. If it does, your video card may have bought the farm as well.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Any part could have been taken out by an exploding power supply (coooool)

However, the only other parts it could have taken out that would stop it from booting are the CPU, graphics card, and memory.

It's possible that you got a motherboard that has some kind of diagnostic LED/LCD on it that shows you what the problem is, maybe look for that?

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png